> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Asus Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL - Discussion | Smartphone, 5 "
Survey on 10/15/204
Reason for purchase:
Preferred Snapdragon vs. Intel [ 164 ] ** [13,76%]
LTE [ 550 ] ** [46,14%]
Both options [ 218 ] ** [18,29%]
I haven’t taken it yet [ 101 ] ** [8,47%]
I will not take (survey is not for you) [ 159 ] ** [13,34%]
How does LTE work for you?
Excellent and smart [ 620 ] ** [52,01%]
Thought it would be better [ 148 ] ** [12,42%]
Experiencing problems [ 23 ] ** [1,93%]
I skip the question [ 401 ] ** [33,64%]
How is the Snapdragon 400 processor?
Performance at height [ 256 ] ** [21,48%]
Normal performance [ 550 ] ** [46,14%]
Performance is not the best [ 86 ] ** [7,21%]
I skip the question [ 300 ] ** [25,17%]
How much in general are you satisfied with battery performance?
Fully satisfied [ 214 ] ** [17,95%]
Satisfied [ 426 ] ** [35,74%]
50/50 [ 195 ] ** [16,36%]
Not satisfied [ 74 ] ** [6,21%]
I skip the question [ 283 ] ** [23,74%]
Total votes: 1192

Rep: (168)
DiscussionAsus Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL
PictureAsus Zenfone 5 LTE, A500KL
Description | Discussion (intel) пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications of software and decorations пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Custom firmware В» | games and apps пїЅ | ZenFone 5 Lite Discussion (A502CG) пїЅ | Official firmware

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Description and information
ASUS presents
CompanyASUS offers ZenFone 5 - a high-performance smartphone with broad functionality.
ZenFone 5 KL combines the best of smartphone experience with high performance, which will improve every aspect of your life.
ZenFone 5 KL has a powerful quad-core processor that easily handles multiple tasks and delivers an exciting gaming experience. Responsiveness, excellent performance, no compromise.
ZenFone 5 KL supports 4G LTE, high-speed data transfer. Enjoy fast and smooth internet experience. Data transmission over mobile networks 3g can be carried out at high speed, up to 42 Mbit / s.
The wireless module used in it also boasts of low power consumption, which has a positive effect on the battery life of the device.
High Speed ​​Mobile
In ASUS power saving mode, ZenFone 5 combines performance in its class with long battery life.
ZenFone 5 KL is equipped with an IPS-display with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels and a pixel density of 294 pixels per inch. ASUS TruVivid technology is responsible for minimizing glare.
ZenFone 5 display is covered with protective glass Gorilla Glass 3 from Corning, which is characterized by increased resistance to scratching.
Due to the short response time of the touch interface (60 ms), the smartphone instantly responds to all user actions.
GloveTouch Technology - Control your smartphone with your fingers, without even removing your gloves.
SonicMaster - Developed by the ASUS Golden Ear team, SonicMaster technology involves the use of hardware and software to improve the sound quality of mobile devices.
For high-quality images - the PixelMaster technology provides high-quality shooting with the camera built into the mobile device in any conditions.
The software of the device is implemented in the framework of a completely new interface ZenUI, which has an attractive design and ease of development.
In Russia, the start of sales in August 2014 at a price of 9990r.
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Device characteristics
Description of the body in the photo.

DETAILED TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION AT - devicespecifications.com

GENERAL:
Manufacturer: Asus
Model: Asus zenfone 5
Other names: A500KL.
Year of release: in Russia since August 2014
Oper. system: Android 4.3 (With the update released from October 1 to4.4 KitKat)

Dimensions:
Dimensions (width x height x thickness, mm): 72.8 x 148.2 x 10.34 mm
Weight (g): 145

CPU:
Processor type and frequency: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 msm8926 4 cores at 1.200mhz
Video accelerator: adreno 305

Memory:
RAM: 2 GB DDR2
Flash memory (GB):16, 32.[/ b]

Communications:
SIM card type: 1 microSIM
UMTS / WCDMA
LTE ranges: 3, 7, 8, 20
3G: UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100
2G: EDGE / GPRS / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900,
Internet access: HSPA + UL: 5.76 Mbps / DL: 42 Mbps, DC-HSPA + UL: 5.76 Mbps / DL: 42 Mbps, email POP / SMTP, HTML, 3G, 4g (lte)
Bluetooth: 4.0 + EDR + A2DP
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b / g / n with WiFi-Direct support
Other: AGPS, GPS GLONASS

Screen:
Screen size: 5
Screen resolution (px): 1280x720 ppi: 294
Screen Type: IPS.
Screen Protection Type: GorillaВ® Glass 3
The coating is anti-reflective with oleophobic coating.

Camera:
Rear camera (MP): 8 F2.0 Aperture
Autofocus: Yes
Photo flash: there is
Front camera (MP): 2 F2.4 Aperture

Multimedia:
Speaker: 1 rear
Headphone Out: 3.5
FM receiver is

Management and input:
Touch screen: capacitive
Points of simultaneous contact: 10
Glove function

Expansion:
Memory card support: microSD up to 64 GB
Connectors: microUSB

Additionally:
Sensors:G-Sensor, light sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, notification sensor, magnetic sensor (also known as a Hall sensor).
Accum Capacity (mAh): Li-Pol 2110Not removable
Work time: (according to the manufacturer)
Talk time (h): 26.5
Talk time on 3G (h): 20.6
Standby time (h): 395
Video playback (h): 6.4
Operating time in the Internet through a cellular network (h): 11.8

Color: [b]Black coal
Case cover: Plastic, soft touch.

Equipment:
Smartphone, charging unit, usb cord, warranty card, user manual (optional headphones for different countries)
User's manual HERE

User experience
User experience from the forum
Reviewed by -"semion78"
Detailed feedback from the user -"Iceheart81"

Additional information from forum users
Solving the problem with lags of sound on Lolipop
Solving problems with saving files on an external memory card under Android 4.4 without user root -"lira63"

Games
Proven games
By color we define how we went, the information is replenished from your descriptions on the forum, next to the nickname checking.
Make out the following way - The game, as it went, a link to the game onsavagemessiahzine.com(search here -Android - Games )
Gone well, minor bugs
Come with problems
Do not start, not playable

F.A.Q. on the unit
1: Whether there are OTA firmware updates - yes, but when the firmware region changes, updates will not come. Example: buying from China with the firmware "sn" will have to reflash to the local "ww", and each time manually.

2:How are things with the warranty - Asus provides 1 year local warranty (in the country where the smartphone was bought).

3:How to enterphone test menu - we start the calculator, we type " .12345+= "voiced - "POINT, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, PLUS, EQUAL"

4:Does the smartphone support OTG - Yes.

5:How to do a full hardware reset (hard reset, wipe data ) - read HERE

6:Is it possible to transfer (install) applications to the sd card - yes, it is possible, in ASUS individual settings.

7:Whether to sculpt the film or GorillaВ® Glass 3 will protect - protection GorillaВ® Glass 3reduces the possibility of getting scratches, but does not prevent 100%.

8:Will android4.4 , 5L - to 4.4 Out, flies by air, OTA. By 5 (Lollipop) - Information.

9:How many are gaining popular benchmarkAntutu - 18500+

10:How to take a screenshot (snapshot) of the screen - You need to hold the power button and the volume is less (-) Also with the button: "Settings" - "individual asus settings" - "recent applications button" select "press and hold to take a picture". Now the screen shot is made by holding the right button.

11:How to format the flash drive in the smartphone itself -this function has been removed .

12:How to get to the service menu - we dial in the dialing menu (dialer)*#*#4636#*#*

13:How many on average are free operatives - with 2GB free on average 1.3 - 1.5 after cleaning or loading the device.

14:How loud the speaker is - loud, loud and clear! Even from the shoulder.

15:How to opendeveloper menu - read HERE

16:What widgets are on the screen off. cover - readHERE

17:What are the colors of the notification indicator -red, Orangeandgreen . ( Info ) A variety of indications - INFO. The indicator can be turned on and off in the screen settings menu.

18:How to make a forced reboot - hold the power button for 10 seconds.

19:Is it possible to reassign software soft buttons - there is no such function in the smartphone, but there is still a way to readHERE.

20:How to find out what region the smartphone is readingTHIS POST.For Russia, the region "WW"

21:How to get toengineering menu - no opportunity. The engineering menu is only on devices with a mediatek processor (MTK)

22:Whether there is atouchpad lights - no backlight.

23:Why sometimes when making a call accepting or canceling a callslider , and sometimes buttons - the answer with the buttons appears only when the smartphone is unlocked, when the smartphone is locked, the slider appears.

24:
FAQ - By Issues

1:The hieroglyphs next to the numbers appeared in the calendar - in the calendar settings you need to disablemoon calendar.

2:24 hour format does not work correctly - in the time settings, uncheck the 24 hour format, and check again. The procedure is one-time.

3:I can't install (find the program) at the play market "Asus backup "- Play Market - My Applications - All - look for the program in the list that appears - select "ASUS Backup" - install / update. Or install manually: Link to the program"Asus backup"

4:Why does not it workFlash player - Adobe has stopped the release of mobile versions of its application. But you can install manually: Program. and archive Flash player and installation method here

5: Constant requests for Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook, galleries and etc. for access to contacts, sms, network - solution HERE

6:I can’t put my ringtone on contact - we readTHIS post and THIS fast.

7:Video does not work, it works without sound - install"MX PLAYER"

8:Solving the problem between running ZenFone 5 LTE on Linux -"TUT"

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 27.03.18, 20:23
Reason for editing: Navigator

Rep: (1)
Bought this .... eeee .... soap dish. I bought out of ignorance, ignorance of the fact that this (unlike the 3G version) is a single-value smartphone.
In general, on the one hand, I would like to hand over, on the other - I got it for 9, but for normal prices they rose to 8 .... I looked at the antitu and was completely upset, it turns out he sucks at his more “simple” fellow.
LTE for a smartphone is a thing in itself, I do not understand the need for this technology in smartphones, what goals does it implement? in addition to boast and dubious pleasure from attributing to the caste owners of 4G tubes ...
Well, yes, if you use smart as a modem point, maybe it makes sense, but it's easier to get a 4g USB whistle, or a router.
Summarizing:

Advantages:
1. LTE is a dubious thing, 3G completely allows you to watch videos online and surf the Internet.

Disadvantages (compared to the 3G version):
1. the lack of a slot for the second SIM card;
2. Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 in conjunction with the Adreno 305 give worse performance than the Intel Atom Z2560 in conjunction PowerVR SGX544MP2;
3. higher price

I will be glad to hear counter arguments.
K
Gone hat

Post has been editedtoha495 - 15.10.14, 21:45
Reason for editing: Top up caps

Rep: (1045)
M
The topic has been moved to subsection “Asus�.

Rep: (0)
root got the version of RootZenFone-1.4.6r.apk from thisfasting
K
Gone hat

Post has been editedtoha495 - 15.10.14, 21:45

Rep: (4)
semion78
Counter Arguments - 1. Potentially lower power consumption.
2. Normally work with Sony smartwatch2.
3. Well, when there is a choice.

Post has been editedalmuerto - 14.10.14, 06:02

Rep: (13)
I will add counter arguments from myself:
- Price compared to similar models from other manufacturers
- For me, intel is too voracious.
- Again, compared to other LTE phones, the offer is the most attractive

I’ll say right away that I was looking for a phone with LTE for myself, for me the normal mobile Internet is very important.

And since in the next topic the post sinks very quickly, I will duplicate it here, although the opinion of the owners of the non-LTE version is also of interest)

Question to people with applications Vkontakte, Battery Doctor, DrugAround
I noticed such a bug:
1) Turn on the music in the Vkontakte app, a widget appears in the notifications to control the player
2) We are trying to use the widget, only the first press is processed, then the buttons in it do not work, plus the name of the current track does not change when the song is changed
3) in Battery Doctor, the widget with information about the current battery charge is updated only when recreating these widgets (when you rotate the screen for example)
4) in the Friend Around the widget is created with the text "Authorization .." and is no longer updated

Is everyone interested in this in KitKat or only in the KL version? And where is the actual error: in these applications or in the firmware?
Can someone else in other applications like this?

The ES Explorer music widget works fine at the same time.
K
The information went into the header, to the firmware

Post has been editedtoha495 - 15.10.14, 21:46

Rep: (26)
* MAKAPOH, A bug with the widget is present. Another AIMP widget doesn’t work very well, although the player itself is still in beta, so it’s not a fact that it’s a firmware version.
I also noticed that no application other than the built-in ones can write files to a USB flash drive.

Post has been editedmorgan008 - 14.10.14, 14:53

I also noticed that no application other than the built-in ones can write data to a USB flash drive.

This is a feature of Android 4.4, many times they wrote about it in the next topic)

Rep: (4)
Who cares - OTG works out of the box. The flash drive is formatted with extFAT, to support large files.

Rep: (6)
By the way the price of 8 or 9 thousand? Well, where can I buy

K
Discussion of the purchase takes place here -Asus ZenFone 5 - Purchase

Post has been editedtoha495 - 15.10.14, 19:14

Rep: (1054)
* andrey-911,
I took it in ulmarte, on the day of its delivery .... and immediately rutanul, but here the boot is locked, and there is no way to unlock it (

Posted 10/14/2014 22:47:

The same Vkontakte, one more bug: selection of text for copying does not work, only one word is highlighted, sliders for selection do not appear, buttons for copying too ... has anyone seen this in other applications?

Posted 10/14/2014 22:47:

there is no way to unlock (

Yes, and so far it is not necessary), although if there is time, you can try to collect cwm for it)

Post has been editedtoha495 - 15.10.14, 19:15
Reason for editing: removing oftopa

Hello. Who does 5 LTE do not tell me, does the conversational speaker jingle when talking? I purchased this unit for myself a couple of days ago, and noticed that when talking, the speaker jangles noticeably, even if you turn down the sound by a couple of divisions, the problem does not disappear.

SkarmSK @ 10/15/2014, 10:07*
Hello. Who does 5 LTE do not tell me, does the conversational speaker jingle when talking? I purchased this unit for myself a couple of days ago, and noticed that when talking, the speaker jangles noticeably, even if you turn down the sound by a couple of divisions, the problem does not disappear.

like so far did not notice this at home)

Since I work in an online store, I tested the second copy, the result is the same, rattling during a conversation, now I will order the 3rd device and test it. Today, the firmware was released on more than 300 MB, I’ll see if it’s a software problem.

Rep: (5)
Has anyone managed to upgrade by air today?

anton0390 @ 10.15.2014, 14:19*
Has anyone managed to upgrade by air today?

It succeeded through 4G

I downloaded via WiFi, it does not update, because I put extra apk)
Can anyone throw off the archive with the daddy / system / app?
Or separate files: AsusLiveDemo.apk, Magazines.apk, PlayGames.apk, MyASUS.apk, Books.apk, Kindle.apk, Videos.apk
I think with the updated too

P.S. If anyone needs it, the firmware is at this address:http://fota.asus.com/d....4.6.71-fota-user.zip

P.P.S with the update arrives Navitel 8.5.0.985))

Post has been editedMAKAPOH - 15.10.14, 12:29

Rep: (23)
Updated, only the Navitel does not want to put on the skin, says they say a mistake and that’s all ((

Shl. By the way, does anyone know what is fixed in the update?

Midgard @ 10/15/2014, 2:50 PM*
By the way, does anyone know what is fixed in the update?

Hard to say, there are 498 patches of system files + about 120 new files)

The skin for Navitel is not a problem to find)

interesting file: libchromatix_imx219_asus_hfr_120fps.so)

Post has been editedMAKAPOH - 15.10.14, 12:09

I can not understand what kind of "Gain" icon appeared in the blind ... No one will tell?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/18/19, 02:57