> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

WEXLER.Flex ONE - firmware

Rep: (29)
FirmwareWEXLER.Flex ONE
Current version: 1.0.5
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ
Version History
1.0.5 from 21.09.2012 :
  • Improved support for chm files (they no longer split into htm files)
  • Implemented display of images in chm files
1.0.4 from 14.06.2012 :
  • Implemented text footnotes at the bottom of the page. The display is configured in the menu
  • Improved support for embedded tables
  • Improved display of styles in EPUB format
  • Improved support for CHM and HTML format
  • Improved stability of opening FB2 format
  • Added tag support<hr>
  • Improving the stability of the device
  • Bugs fixed
1.0.2 from 12.05.2012 :
  • Improved interface for working with font settings (sizes, indents, line spacing)
  • Added new fonts
  • Improved text search
  • Restrictions on the number of user-created bookmarks
  • Bookmarks, footnotes and table of contents are now merged into a single "Catalog"
  • Added paragraph splitting support for TXT format
  • Added red line support for TXT format
  • Improved support for styles for FB2 and EPUB books.
  • Improved interface for reading books in FB2 and EPUB formats
  • Added indent setting feature
  • Improved work with books in DjVu format
  • Improved display of text files in HTML format and HTML-based formats.
  • Optimized speed and stability of the device
  • Improved battery life of the device

Instructions on firmware: Attached fileFlexOne_firmware_flash_instructions.doc (3.58 MB)
Solving problems with firmware
If the book is not flashed (the firmware process stops with red errors in the output window, or it just freezes and the book does not restart):
  • Without disconnecting the book from USB, again hold the diamond button (OK)
  • Find a hole near the microUSB port on the book - there is a reset button in it
  • Press it with something (I press a toothpick at which the end is broken off), note that the button can be located only at half of the hole
  • Wait 5 seconds, the book should reboot into firmware mode again.
The reader will remain in the firmware mode for an arbitrarily long time, and you can disconnect it and connect it to another PC for firmware. To bring the reader out of the firmware mode - press the reset button again (only without pinching the “diamond”).

Error may occur with poor USB contact. Try to fix, reinstall the cable in the book (do not shake it too much!), Either plug it into another USB connector on the computer (note that you may need to reinstall the drivers), or flash it on another computer. If this does not help, find another USB cable.

Download firmware:
Attached fileflex_one_v1.0.5.rar(56.35 MB)
Picturefrom office the site

Alternative firmware(second post of the topic)
Modifying firmware(third post of the topic)

Previous versions
1.0.4 from 14.06.2012
Attached fileflex_one_v1.0.4.rar(56.24 MB)

1.0.2 from 12.05.2012
Attached fileflex_one_v1.0.2.rar(56.26 MB)
Modified firmware from* disik
Attached filesystem.7.img (48.17 MB)
Description
Filesystem.7.imgfor firmware1.0.5 , rename it to system.img and replace the file located in the folder rockdev / Image downloaded firmware
  • Runs an arbitrary script autorun.sh in the root of the device’s internal memory when it is turned on
    / bin>dmesg>/mnt/dos/dmesg.txt
    (saves the console output log to the dmesg.txt file located in the root of the internal memory)
  • Replaced the font "Ariblk" with "Trebucit" in the fb2-file reader
  • Tree removed from the screen saver off
previous version (not replaced the font and the tree is present): WEXLER.Flex ONE (Post # 29048100)

Post has been editedP @ S @ f - 18.12.14, 03:10
Reason for editing: new version of alternative firmware

Rep: (3916)
instead of 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes?

And this is not the time to turn off the book?

* vadeus,
No, really, I don’t remember if it works anywhere other than the main menu.

Rep: (0)
In the book updates (ie, in addition to the main menu), now checked with a stopwatch :)

Yes, when reading it, it updates, but it seems that these timers noticeably eat up the charge (maybe empty cycles).
It will also be difficult to choose the update intervals, since The time for reading a page varies widely (reading speed, font size).

But how can the option be entered? Currently (how this option is implemented with the update in minutes) it is not needed. But if in seconds, then maybe someone will do. Moreover, it will be an option - I wanted it turned on, I wanted it turned off. The redrawing of the page with each paging, as I understood, if it is done, it will be hard-wired into the firmware and you will not turn it off.

Rep: (3916)
* P @ S @ f,
o.O It turns out that Flex updates the page by time, not by the number of pages?

* vadeus, benefit it can be disabled. And so he once in 3 pages even when switching updates. But this value is not customizable. In my Napoleonic plans, replace the time setting with the time setting.

* al_pasha, thanks, good idea. But the problem is really in the sudden updates that will knock down while reading. Suggest intervals, I am not particularly familiar with the statistics of the time of reading a single page with different font sizes.

Post has been editedP @ S @ f - 18.11.14, 18:42

Rep: (1)
Here is similar analogue our books
http: //www.yitoadigita...t.aspx? TypeId = 55 & Id = 55
Has anyone found the firmware on it?

* zavhozx I wrote to them on an e-mail and to the Chinese on aliexpress selling it. They are silent.

Rep: (2)
The trouble with these Chinese ...

Rep: (3)
Hello. Can you fix the text in the file search dialog?
Attached Image

And then there instead of "case sensitive?" It says "case sensitive?"
Sorry for the quality. Filmed on what was ...

Post has been editedvadeus - 21.11.14, 07:38
Reason for editing: spoiler

* shark46, Thank you for the report. Consider that already fixed.

who does not sew under XP on old machines is necessary in the file Tool_v1.23>setting.ini fix SUPPORTUSB11 = 0 to SUPPORTUSB11 = 1
driver must be installed

and system.img can be immediately replaced by system.alt.img and not in 2 stages

Post has been editedzavhozx - 22.11.14, 23:03

and not going in 2 stages
So it is so ... for the first version. But you never know what may change in the future. I knowingly separated the instruction of the modified firmware from the official firmware. This is to prevent confusion and messages in the spirit of "help, the reader does not load."

"Unzip the downloaded file system.alt.img in the folder with the program for the firmware"
Good day. Tell the teapot how to unpack.

Post has been editedada_cyka - 23.11.14, 07:52

Rep: (13)
* ada_cyka,
Packed in the archive "system.alt1.zip (49.78 MB)"

For sure! Just after a sleepless night at eight in the morning, my head didn’t think at all)
I downloaded everything on a Mac, unpacking and throwing it onto a screw. And because I didn’t sleep, it didn’t come to me that I had already unpacked the archive) aha
Only now I realized that I downloaded the zip archive)) Thank Daro)

Rep: (13)
P @ S @ f @ 10.26.2014, 03:38*
If he is not against it, and if it is necessary for someone, I will transfer the modifications made by him (the absence of a tree on the screen in the off state, as well as the replaced font in the FB2 reader of the Ariblk files on Trebucit) to this firmware.

If you do not try to do it, you can make two firmware (you can’t get it all). I am more enraged by exorbitant breaks, I am waiting for the next version. ;): Thank_you: After purchasing this miracle, PocketBook 360 Plus is resting.

Post has been editedmaster49 - 23.11.14, 17:02

those who read in pdfhttp://www.the-ebook.o...php?p=1159475 # 1159475

* master49,
In this version, it is planned to output fonts and trees to internal memory, so that everyone can change all this to their own taste.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 12:28