Convert films for mobile devices | Programs, tips and description of the conversion

Rep: (1319)
Convert films for mobile devices

The topic of discussion about the subtleties of video conversion for PDAs and other mobile devices.

useful links :

Post has been edited= Woland = - 24.05.09, 11:49

Rep: (194)
Yesterday squeezed encoder'om divx movie "Pearl Harbor" on 2-discs. 19 frames per second. quality 3 (according to their scale) 2 films together occupy 180Mb :) Occasionally skips squares into 2 parts, and so everything is OK. But if the screen is 640x480 ..... then convert best only reduce the number of frames per sek..Film is a beautiful, but it is necessary only if you want to brag :) ..papa tried to change the resolution, but it turns out sucks. ..not in full screen. can anyone knows how to stretch to full screen 640x480 320x240 movie. now I use betapleerom

Rep: (114)
I looked SmartMovie 2.72, share impressions.
If I understand correctly, the magazine "Mobile Computing" puts this program in the first place for Simbian platform!
SmartMovie Converter packs all avi, while using system codecs, it is possible to reap the same DivX or Xvid. The default use Xvid. On account settings - they at least do not even have the possibility to choose the audio codec (mp3 only) and there is a two-pass mode in the program (have control should be set to manual codec). Of the benefits it must be noted the simplicity, support for processed files list, volume up, well, perhaps the opportunity dobvalyat subtitles. About the quality is nothing special to say, as a standard codec! Here you can set the bitrate, but for the encoder default target file size is considered to be the program itself, for others codecs - not.
Yet if you choose between SmartMovie and PocketDivXEncoder, better than the last. Ease of use is not inferior SmartMovie, with more settings (audio, video, 2-pass, ...) and is free of charge for all. The only big advantage SmartMovie is probably smaller!
As for SmartMovie player for Pocket PC, then it must make sense (for the PPC course) not at all, there Betaplayer. Yes SmartMovie nicely done, but even demofayly that came in the kit did not agree to play without installing just that, the codec that is with him. Betaplayer took them without any problems.
So try it, of course you can, but in my opinion, it is not worth the money, although we have taken to treat bourgeois greed;)

Z_perets
But if the screen is 640x480 ..... then convert best only reduce the number of frames per second ..

Uh-uh brother, that you do something bad in mind. The size will not decrease very well spoil the movie!

Rep: (194)
Dad does so: rolls 1k1 - it's faster :)

Rep: (288)
Well Well start in a row;)
To convert video you'll need:
-PocketDivXEncoder http://divx.ppccool.com/
- video codec, I personally yuzayu K-Lite Codec Pack 2.50http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Download and ustanavlevaem codecs, and can put PocketDivXEncoder to convert anything, including DVD discs directly.
PocketDivXEncoder very easy to configure the program and tomuzhe has rusky interface.
If you have masochists among you can try a fancy ConverterVirtualDub 1.6.8 , Setting moreYuvsevozmozhnyh bloat even more sea, but IMHO PDA is not the piece of iron that so izvraschatsya video quality.
-VirtualDub 1.6.8 http://slo.ru/more/693_0_1_0_M/
With konvnrtatsiey everything, and to view general everything is simple, download a programBetaplayer http://picard.exceed.hu/betaplayer/ Currently BetaPlayer Projects renamed TCPMP http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
The current beta version of the player 0.5, the current version of TCPMP 0.66. Set any of these prog, throw on a memory card skonvercheny movie and enjoy.

Rep: (1)
And we need to convert DIVX6 kit which includes divx converter :-) choose source file, select the "portable" (for the screen 640x480) (for smaller matrices like HandHeld), and click Convert. We wait. Fill the result on the Pocket. Enjoy life :-) Quality steers the way! DIVX6 lies quite simply in any Varese

Rep: (12)
After all, what weight is obtained converted DVD movie to PDA (optimal quality).

Rep: (404)
I get about 120-150 megabytes for a 320x240 screen

Rep: (288)
Vetaplayer project prereimenovan in The Core Pocket Media Player. TCPMP 0.66stable supports AMR and 3GP perfectly reproduce the sound.
http://tcpmp.corecodec.org
Very prog take herehttp://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/0.66/

Iceman
After all, what weight is obtained converted DVD movie to PDA (optimal quality).

Much depends on the content of the film, its length and personal preference. But the order of 100 MB / hour should come out well, though if you skimp on the sound.

Rep: (174)
what settings are optimal DivX Encoder?
a) to 640x480
b) to 320x240
and what is the file size when the envelope with the DVD-ROM?
: search:

Rep: (8)
Optimal each selects itself.Miocker rights. I can tell only about their own, tailored to your taste (exclusively on sight and hearing). 320x240 size, video bitrate - 250 kbit / s, audio bitrate of 56 kbit / s. Movie size length of 1 hour 27 minutes left on 200 meg. Further reduction of the bit rate video is not like, but you can watch. Reduced audio bit rate to 20 kbit / s gives you 180 meg file, but the sound loses its color.

Rep: (53)
Guidance on the use VirtualDub.
In Russian in Word format.
Very detailed, with lots of screenshots.

Attached files

Attached file_______________ VirtualDub.rar(838.66 KB)

Nero recode
Another interesting program to transcode movies. It can encode as individual files and DVD discs. To do this with the help of, for example,DVD Decrypter merge all the contents of a DVD to the hard drive, and at the same time get rid of the various protections.
For those who want to try this program will download high volume. Go to this page and download the www.nero.com/eng/no_demo.phppublished package 1 and 2 (As a full-featured demo kit can be downloaded free of charge from www.nero.com/en/nero-prog.php). Actually in the first packet is Nero 6 and if it is installed, it is only necessary package 2 (NeroVision Express) . Also need the serial number to activate the plug-in DD 5.1 and Nero Digital (plugins are already included in the Nero they just need to activate the introduction of additional serial numbers).
Thus, the software is installed, the serial number entered, you can start coding.
RunNero recode and select the line "Recode. DVD and video to Nero Digital" . In the window that appears, click the button "Import files" and select the video or the main track with the movie on DVD, pressing the button "Add caption" and actually add. After a small file operation analysis is completed. Close the window and return to the original shape.
We press the button"Still" and we have the opportunity to choose Nero Digital profile . As the most advanced users choose Maximum Definition .
Nero recode allows you to either set the bit rate of video and audio streams, and the counting and indicating the future size of the file, or if you do not remove the checkmark from the checkbox Put the receiver You can choose the size of the file (or write its value) and set the audio stream configuration, in this case, the bit rate for the video will be automatically detected.
Further, on the Audio tab, select the # 1 we need audio track and press the button"Settings ..." Will appear on the tab, select the bit rate (for values ​​less than 90 kbit / s, in my opinion, it is better to choose a profile Highly efficient Nero Digital Audio ).
When you press a button"Video" We are three tabs "Deinterlace" , "Crop" and "Change. Size" . If the first two you can not touch it, then at last it is necessary to manually set the size of the picture. To bring the main orientation values ​​as a function of the aspect ratio:
4: 3 - 320x240
16: 9 - 320h176
20: 9 - 320h144
You can also press"Start / End" crop the movie, get rid of, so from the titles and save space.
On this page, the basic settings are made and you can safely reap"Further" .
In the window, asreceiver choose Hard Disk Folder and specify it.
Click onNero Digital Settings and put a tick Expert mode and go to the setup tree.
ATcoding method to improve better to put the two-pass mode.
Quality / Speed : Produces. / Quality choose high quality Although you can choose something else, increasing the coding rate. Max. range MV The greater the area, the more accurate will be determined by the direction of motion vectors, but the file is encoded longer.
Ext. . You can put the settings as shown. checkmark Support progressive VOP and Global Motion Compensation otherwise it is better not to put the file will not play on your PDA.
So, all the settings are done, and you can press the button"Record" . After some time, which depends on the power of the computer and the length of the film, we get ready to file with the extension mp4, which can be viewed BetaPlayer'om with installed plugins aacfull.
A few words about the quality. Compared with DivX Fusion build 1528. Now, the video looks different. The Nero Recode like a little more artifacts, but noticeable on the PC, the PDA as the picture sharper, that looks pretty good. Again, someone like that anymore. And the most pleasant thing in this story is that the encoding in Nero Recode with maximum quality settings takes place every 3 faster than DivX Fusion, which also all of the maximum (at least for me)!
Thus, if we do not take into account the interface that will appreciate beginners and which is unlikely to please users with experience in coding and a large amount, given the speed of coding, Nero Recode is very attractive!
Also I enclose a picture, which I hope will help those who are not afraid to try this program.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (174)
vdv,
and you can use VirtualDub to merge DVD movie disc?

Rep: (53)
DVAD ,
I use this prog complete with Archos MPG4 Translator - I have this device PMA-400.
I filled in a few movies on him from DVD.

Rep: (31)
Very good review ...pocket videoDescription bolshintsvo programs ..;)

Rep: (169)
Hi, All!
The other day probyval convert idiot Dostoevsky c / o PocketDivXEncoder 0.3.50 and Lathe. In the original, and the sound and video is: ideo in DivX3, audio Voxware MetaSound 2 channels 44100Hz. Video Doctor checked. I convert in avi and in Ogg. In otkonverirovannom sound at all. When converting audio channel selection is not. : Help:

2. How doustanovit on PDA codecs?

Rep: (3)
And someone has a cure for SmartMovie? : Search:

Rep: (8)
Herewere laid ... Version 2.72 Treatment

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 02/02/20, 14:27