53 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Convert films for mobile devices | Programs, tips and description of the conversion
_faber_
Message#1
01.05.09, 17:37
Retired biorobot
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 9608
Check in: 04.02.07
Google nexus 5

Convert films for mobile devices

The topic of discussion about the subtleties of video conversion for PDAs and other mobile devices.

useful links:

Post has been edited= Woland = - 24.05.09, 11:49
KID
Message#2
03.06.05, 08:13
Because good
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 2182
Check in: 29.05.05
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

One of the many advantages of a PDA is the ability to view video files on it. Be it: Clips, movies, cartoons or your own creation of art. But what if there is no card per gigabyte? A film / clip / cartoon weighs much more than you can afford ... The answer, I think, is obvious to all "Fathers-Strick", but is not understandable for beginners.
"What programs should I install? How can I set them up? What codecs should I use? What settings should I set? Which player to browse? What size will it turn out? How much time does it take to convert?" So I decided to create a single topic where every newcomer could find out the answers, if not to all, then to the basic questions.

I ask the Masters to share their knowledge and skills in this field: help: And not to judge strictly for stupid and amateurish questions: rtfm: After all, who else will teach us more than you? : yahoo:

Post has been edited_Woland_ - 21.08.09, 01:24

--------------------
“I bless you on the road, In the wake of the enemies there will always be friends. Fight where possible, thank God. And of course there fight, where it is impossible. ”©
Good friendsavagemessiahzine.com
kaska
Message#3
03.06.05, 08:57
Little Bill Gates
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 63
Check in: 15.04.05

It is better to use the SmartMovie program. It seems like the codec goes right away. And you still have to buy a card. Take Kingston 256 megabytes. It is not very expensive, but the speed is normal.

--------------------
Quietly cooler rustling, fee smoldering leisurely ...
NOKIA 7610 + 128 MB MMC + Fujitsu-Simens Pocket LOOX 720 + 256Mb CF + 1Gb SD + Asus MyPal a 620 + 512Mb CF
kaska
Message#4
03.06.05, 09:00
Little Bill Gates
[offline]

Messages 63

And if anyone needs it, I can send the film "Fatal Woman": search:

--------------------
NOKIA 7610 + 128 MB MMC + Fujitsu-Simens Pocket LOOX 720 + 256Mb CF + 1Gb SD + Asus MyPal a 620 + 512Mb CF
Miocker
Message#5
03.06.05, 09:21
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 1152
Check in: 25.04.05
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

As for me, I watch movies (clips and all videos), Betaplayer, I highly recommend and advise.
Films shake:
- if already squeezed in MP4, then I use PocketDivXEncoder, it's very simple to think at least. If you need to carry out manipulations on the use of filters, then VirtualDub (here you need experience but on the sites a lot is written about it, so ...)
- If a movie is on a DVD, then GordianKnot is better for me than nothing !!! I started to encode it on CD, and now I use it well for recoding on a PDA!
At the expense of codecs. The main, in my opinion, three options: from Microsoft (vmw), DivX and Xvid. I chose DivX. Microsoft did not really like it, soaps a lot. On Xvid, you can get, on some films, the quality is better than DivX, but you need to know how to tune it (I don’t know and I don’t really need much :) DivX suits you).
VP6.2 seemed to be better in quality, but unfortunately it does not play on the PDA :(
If specifically what interests you, always please what I know;)

--------------------
How simple answers can be when you ask the right questions!
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32 + Nokia 3310 (2017)
Olympus SP-320 + Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 + Sony NEX-5N Kit
Merzavec
Message#6
03.06.05, 09:29
Sinister Bastard
[offline]

Messages 593
Check in: 29.04.05
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

I also use betaplayer. for fast converting I use pocketdvixencoder - you set the sound quality, the video resolution and adjust it to the desired file size. It is desirable, for good quality, to make files from 170 and higher ... approximately.
The program is simple and intuitive.
I want more-VirtualDub.
KID
Message#7
03.06.05, 11:22
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

kaska,
Thanks for the advice :) But I already have a Gig card :) And why SmartMovie? How is it in the settings? What size is obtained from what? how is the quality?
MerzavecWell, you always want more :)
"you set the sound quality, video resolution" and what are the optimal settings in your opinion? What would be good quality and small size? :)

--------------------
“I bless you on the road, In the wake of the enemies there will always be friends. Fight where possible, thank God. And of course there fight, where it is impossible. ”©
KID
Message#8
03.06.05, 11:25
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

Miocker,
and Elsi Avishka? I've been trying Pocket DVD Wizard ... when pointing out the card to 256, he made me 10 with kopecks or 41 with kopecks .... and the quality is very decent.

--------------------
Merzavec
Message#9
03.06.05, 11:32
Sinister Bastard
[offline]

Messages 593
Check in: 29.04.05
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

The sound makes the stereo maximum quality. The video is already customized to the desired size, depending on the free space on the flash drive ...
KoHcT
Message#10
03.06.05, 12:02
Novice
[offline]

Messages 47
Check in: 30.05.05

There was a special progPocket-DVD Studioto rip video from DVD and convert it into a convenient format for PocketPC (for NoName: pDVDSetup_p.rar).
Miocker
Message#11
03.06.05, 12:17
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1152
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

KID
and Elsi Avishka? I've been trying Pocket DVD Wizard ... when pointing out the card to 256, he made me 10 with kopecks or 41 with kopecks .... and the quality is very decent.

Sorry, did not quite understand, but the question is what?

--------------------
KID
Message#12
03.06.05, 18:24
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

MiockerYes, the question did not come out well ... the question was comparing programs, did you work with the Pocket DVD Wizard? How is it worse than the software that you use? Does it make sense to use it or is it worth looking for something better?

KoHcT, and she only works with DVD or how? At least her description posted :)

--------------------
Z_perets
Message#13
03.06.05, 19:22
PEPPER
[offline]

Messages 908
Check in: 16.04.05
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

I compress pocket divx encoder. Theme in the PROGRAMS section. Conveniently. You can select the video quality / sound, resolution, specify the beginning / end, increase / decrease the brightness / contrast / volume of the sound.

--------------------
And you thought seven times before you click on the button once

ОТПРАВИТЬ download

?

[url = "//savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2314&view=getlastpost""[color=orangePoketovki in St. Petersburg. (
KID
Message#14
03.06.05, 20:12
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

Z_perets,
heard about this program. Does she have any advantages / disadvantages over others?

--------------------
Z_perets
Message#15
03.06.05, 20:23
PEPPER
[offline]

Messages 908
Check in: 16.04.05
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

I did not use others, but I will say one thing: the program does what it is supposed to: It perfectly reduces the size of the film. View compressed movies with betaplayer. It can be taken on the website www.savagemessiahzine.com

--------------------
And you thought seven times before you click on the button onceSEND ?
[url = "//savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2314&view=getlastpost""[color=orangePoketovki in St. Petersburg. (
kaska
Message#16
03.06.05, 20:27
Little Bill Gates
[offline]

Messages 63

Quality, in my opinion, is the best in SmartMovie. The magazine "Mobile computers" puts this program in the first place.

--------------------
Miocker
Message#17
03.06.05, 21:44
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1152
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

toKID
I tried the Pocket DVD Wizard, DVD2PPC and PocketDVD, though not much: rolleyes:
That's what I remember (I could be mistaken if someone uses a more tightly request to correct). At the output, we get a not very favorite wmv (in PocketDVD maybe DivX). At the expense of the Pocket DVD Wizard is not sure, but DVD2PPC encodes a DVD track. Thus, at first it presses the file with the desired resolution, and then shrinks it to the desired size, which does not in the best way affect the final quality of the video. PocketDVD does not seem to allow you to open a DVD from a hard disk, only from a drive, and this is not gud. In the Pocket DVD Wizard and DVD2PPC, the size of the flash drive is set and in PocketDVD the bitrate (well, here it is more convenient for someone).
At the expense of better or worse, it is difficult to say, depending on what tasks and what is used to. VirtualDub and GordianKnot have more options and freedom in settings. For example, GordianKnot allows you to evaluate the quality of a future movie from VirtualDub with a large number of plug-in filters. So, you have to choose yourself, having tried several prog. It is possible that not everyone will work, I have the DVD Wizard and the DVD2PPC plugged in, and some complain about crashes in PocketDivXEncoder, although
I did not notice this for him.
You can see, also in the direction of Dr.DivX, many people praise: it is convenient and fast, but I read somewhere that speed is achieved by shifting the slider speed-quality to speed.
Yes, it was a little messy, so ask specific questions better (the program has not yet been erased), I probably won't have enough for a full review :)

--------------------
kaska
Message#18
04.06.05, 11:58
Little Bill Gates
[offline]

Messages 63

Cinema lovers accessories. All for watching movies on nature.
1. Protective film
Protective film Brando $ 12
Provides convenience when watching videos, protects viewers from glare.
2. Headphones.
Headphones Koss Porta Pro $ 47
Due to the soft ear cushion, these headphones sit magnificently on the head, without causing the slightest discomfort, and provide excellent quality playback when listening to music.
3. Covers
Krusell covers $ 40
A cover that can be fixed without any problems both on the belt and in the car, and even on the bicycle handlebars.
4. Batteries
Batteries $ 20-50
Batteries from the manufacturer or enhanced batteries of the Pocket Nature series.
5. Audio Systems
JBL Ontour 150 $
Hi-end flustic system.
6. Cables and chargers
Cables for PDAs $ 15-25
With a relatively small price, satisfactory quality and a wide selection.
7. Memory Cards
Memory Cards $ 10-200
CompacyFlash PQI F1 Cars and Kingmax SD Modules.
8. PDA-home cinema
FM tranmitter $ 50-60
CF-presenter $ 90-100
FM Transmitter Audio Transmitter and Compact Presenter Video Adapter.
The total cost of accessories is 550-600 $

The most suitable in my opinion PDA for watching movies-ASUS A730

--------------------
KID
Message#19
04.06.05, 18:41
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

Miocker,
thanks for the full answer;) I think that the newcomers (especially those who have not come across all the intricacies of video conversion before) will be easier to set the size of the flash drive than to do a lot of calculations and a bunch of tests :) I will definitely ask for myself :) But I wanted to make the topic useful for newbies, and not just for myself:) It’s just easier for me to formulate general questions for now (because I don’t understand much myself yet), but with specifics, this is just a personal one :)

from me personally:
Yes, Pocket DVD Wizard does exactly wmv. And what is better with DivX? How in size / quality?

--------------------
KID
Message#20
04.06.05, 18:44
Because good
[offline]

Messages 2182

kaska,
is SmartMovie better in quality? And the size? What format? Does it have complicated settings?

--------------------
Miocker
Message#21
05.06.05, 08:06
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1152
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

KID
And what is better with DivX? How in size / quality?

Here, who likes what more (DivX still seemed to me better), you just need to look at the same material converted by different codecs and decide. That is, by the way, after that, you can choose a program for compression.
SmartMovie has not tried it yet, but they ate very much, in principle, I can try to compress a clip or a piece of film with these 4 codecs and lay out where I will begin. True, I do not have a site and lay out except where there is nowhere: rolleyes:

--------------------

53 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/24/19, 18:34