Onda V101w - Discussion | [tabletpc] 10.1 ''

Rep: (392)
Discussion Onda V101w
Onda V101w
Description | Discussion пїЅ
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Highly Recommended Reading
Before asking a question, carefully read the FAQ section, scroll through the header, lookTerms and jargon, Windows os, UNIX-based OS, Ambulance laptop owners, Installing Windows Vista / Server 2008/7 from a USB flash drive. Respect your and other people's time.

To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections:
NETbook software
, Touch-optimized Windows software , Screen Keyboards for UMPC and Games: Netbook Games , Games on netbooks based on graphics chip ION , Games for tablets based on Intel Atom Z2760 .

To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Laptops, Tablets, TabletPC, UMPC, MID .

Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
How to hide images under spoiler
[spoiler = NAME / Name / Empty field] Image [/ spoiler]

Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications:
Attached Image
Size LxWxH: 257x172x8.5mm.
Weight: 627g.
CPU: Intel Z3735 D / F (quad-core, each core operates at a frequency of 1.83 GHz)
Video card (integrated into the chip): Intel HD Graphics (7th generation)
RAM: 2 GB DDR3
Internal disk: 32 GB.

Display:
The size: 10.1 inches (IPS)
Resolution: 1280x800.

Camera:
Front: 2MP
Back: 5MP (autofocus)

Battery: 7800mAh.
Multitouch: up to 10 touches

Bluetooth: 4.0
WIFI: There is. 802.11 b / g / n
3G: Not. You can connect the modem via USB via an OTG cable.
Memory Card Support: There is. The maximum amount of 128GB.
useful links
Reviews

FAQ
Q: Is the OS full or stripped down?
A: Full-fledged.

Q: How many of the claimed 32 gigs does the system show?
A: Total 27-28 GB. Available from 20 to 24 GB.

Q: Should I install updates from the Windows Update Center?
A: Recommended. You thereby save yourself time without spending it on installing the necessary application updates or system components.

Q: I downloaded all the updates, now I have minus 1-8GB of free space !! Oh, thanks! What do you say now ?!
A: Do not worry! :) Of course, you will not refund all the spent GB, because downloaded the necessary software and updates, but most of the return will succeed.
How to return the spent GB of memory after installing Windows updates
Despite the fact that the method is proven, everything depends on you.
This method has no disadvantages, except that you most likely will not be able to roll back to the previous restore point (?), If you use them at all.

Instruction:
1. Go to the explorer (my computer), right-click (or a long tap on the icon) on the local system disk ->Properties
2. Click "Disk Cleanup", wait ..
3. Click "Clear system files", wait ...
4. Now you can see which files will be subject to cleaning and how much memory you can save (the data is not accurate. Usually much more memory is released than indicated.) (Tip: do not install or remove the check marks).
5. With a hand on your heart and with confidence in yourself, press the OK button and remember the first volume of War and Peace, you will have to wait a long time, although it all depends on how many updates you have installed. For example me (TiCross) installed all updates, including MS Office updates, and waited for the disk to be cleaned for about 45 minutes or more.

Q: Is it possible to free up even more disk space?
A: Yes, there is.
1. If you are going to reinstall Windows
To start, I recommend readingthis post. (Naugruth)

If you are going to reinstall Windows, then when you select a local disk (where the OS will be installed) you will have the opportunity to delete all existing disk spaces, and then create 1 local disk (+ 1 lok. Disk under the system files created automatically). After that, install Windows on a single (in terms of free space) local disk. [space saving>3Gb.]

2. See Above, "How to recover spent GB of memory after installing Windows updates"
3. If you do not want to reinstall Windows, you can, for example, delete standard programs, download a utility for cleaning the system from "junk" (Ccleaner for example), use the second (2.) method.

Q: What equipment?
Рћ: Tablet, charger (American plug), adapter from American plug to European (to our sockets) [not included in the standard kit. Ask the seller], OTG cable, manual in Chinese, key for MS Office.

Q: Is the screen covered with plastic?
A: No, with glass.

Q: Is there a protective film?
A: Yes, it is pasted on the screen.

Q: How is the sound quality of external speakers?
A: Average, below average.

Q: I heard that there are different versions of tablets. What's the Difference?
About: v1: Intel Bay Trail Z3735 processorD, charger 9V-2A, Bios is identical to that in the Onda v975w tablet
v2: Intel Bay Trail Z3735 processorF, charger 5V-2A, own Bios, the vibration response was removed from the Windows button.
v3: Iron is identical to v2. MS Office is pre-activated.
v5: Battery capacity (compared to previous versions) is reduced. Now it is 6600mah. (+ as it turned out, there are even more changes(a photo))
Which is better and what is the difference? ( Naugruth )

Q: Where can I see this version ??
A: On the barcode of the box. The serial number will be V101WBE9V1XXXX or V101WBE9V2Xxxx
P.S. atTiCrossOn the box and tablet it is written like this:p101wbeav2a00139. Do not be afraid, this is version V2 (p101wbeaV2a00139).

Q: I got a tablet, but I can’t switch the language (in particular, from Chinese to Russian), what should I do ??
A: Follow the instructions fromthis post.

Q: I changed the language, but hieroglyphs remained in places. How to completely change the language?
A: After downloading the localization and changing the language, create a new profile. (then you can delete the old one). As a result, the Russian language should be present everywhere.
Or, try following the guidelines fromthis post.
And the most effective option is to reinstall Windows. (100% way, but more complex and longer than the first)

Q: Can I just turn off the tablet screen (for example, like on a tablet on Android, iOS)?
A: No, this is a feature of the new tablets on Bay Trail c Connected Standby. Just turn off the screen does not work, the tablet always goes into hibernation about a minute after pressing the button.

Q: Is it possible to calibrate the screen?
Oh yeah. In the control panel in the search bar, type "calibration". Follow the onscreen instructions. (andrewin)

Q: The screen flickers, what should I do?Example problem
A: 1. First, try the advice fromof thispost.
2. If the first method did not help, then you should update Bios, then install the latest drivers on the graphics.
3. If the problem does not disappear, then, perhaps, the problem is in the hardware, it will not be solved programmatically.

Q: What about the magnetic keyboard? Does the touchpad work just as well as in a laptop / netbook?
A: The entire width of the touchpad is half the screen. The keyboard has a multi-touch (support for more than 1 touch).
The keyboard is the size of a tablet, magnetized well.

Q: What about autonomy?
ABOUT:Minimum brightness:
9 hours of work with the screen on (books, etc.).
(6-8 hours of web surfing (depending on the number of flash components on the sites); 5 hours of asphalt 8 (maximum settings for the video card); 6.5 hours of 1080p video via Wi-Fi.)

Maximum brightness:
5.5 hours of work with the screen on.

Q: System Interrupts / System interrupts "load the processor." What to do??
A: You can get acquainted with the problem starting withthis post.
Decision
1. Click on the battery icon on the tablet and click "Advanced Power Options"
2. Click (left) "Request Password on Wake Up"
3. Uncheck "Enable quick launch" (if it does not work, then at the top click "Change settings that are currently unavailable")
4. "Save Changes"

P.S. these actions did not affect the tablet’s download speed. It also loads quickly.
P.S.S. the problem should disappear, at least 2 people have already succeeded. If it helps, then say "Thank you"Tough_maks.

Q: I heard that a key is given on a tablet on MS Office. It's true?
Oh yeah. The license is valid for 1 year from the date of activation. You can activate in your MS account.

Q: Where can I get tablet drivers ??!
A: Drivers can be downloaded fromoff forum. (requires registration). Also uv. Fermodersaved archive with drivers(from 10.29.14) on OneDrive.
Carefully monitor which version you are downloading the driver for!

Q: Windows weighs a lot, but I still want to put a bunch of everything, what should I do ??
A: I would recommend buying a large capacity memory card, but you already know about it. You can also try installing"lite version of Windows."

Q: Can I charge the tablet via microUSB port?
A: Yes, you can. You can also use the portable charging station / Power Bank. For example,Xiaomi Power Bank 10400mah [verified]orMobile Portable Power Bank [verified] review .

Q: Is it possible to connect a mouse, keyboard, flash drive via a USB hub connected via an OTG cable?
A: Yes, you can. Moreover, if you have a good hub, then all these devices will work without interference for each other.

Q: And the external hard drive ??
A: Yes, but in most cases (99 out of 100) when connecting the tablet power from the network.
I tried to connect my external hard drive to 1Tb (Silicon Power Diamond D03, SP010TBPHDD03S3K) without nutrition and nutrition, but could not start. (TiCross)
Drivers, OS and other usefulness
1. [link to the Onda forum]Updated BIOS forV1andV2.

2. [links to the Onda forum]Links to Windows 8.1 with which the tablet came (Part 1, Part 2Version V2), other assemblies for different versions onONDA forum

3. [links to the Onda forum]All necessary drivers forV1, V2 , V5 . Intel Driver Update Utility Onda V101w - Discussion (Post by Smart532 # 42668741)

4. Build Windows 8.1based on off. image (V3) fromandrewin

5. Build Windows 8.1 with Bing RU x86 update12/21/2014 fromjp2008

6. Windows 10 (Technical Preview)

7. Build Windows 10 build 9926 from 01/23/2015 with built-in drivers for V3fromxrip

Instructions
How to update bios
Battery must be charged above 40%
1) Unzip the archive to drive C: /
2) Run the batch file (双击 安装)
3) We wait, do not touch anything. The tablet will reboot and turn on itself!
How to save a key from Windows
The saved key is suitable only for the version of Windows on which you saved this key. You cannot activate Windows PRO with a saved key with Windows 8.1 with Bing
You can try to save the key according to this instruction (difficult method)
How to make a copy of activation.
Guide: to backup your activation and restore Windows 8 activation from backup.
1. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ SPP \ and back up the folder: store, only the folder you need to backup.
Attention:
These folders can be hidden, open folders from the control panel and select the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders + clear the Hide protected system files check box.
Attention 2:
Make sure the public folder store contains the following files and folders!
1 file named data.dat
1 file named tokens.dat
1 cache folder contains a file called cache.dat
2. Reinstall Windows
3. After reinstalling Windows, run the command line as administrator, enter: slmgr -upk this will remove the key, the status changes to no license. (Not activated)
4. After completing step 3, it is necessary to restart the computer in safe mode, run the command line and enter: MSConfig Select the Download tab, -safe mode, -minimum, click apply and restart when prompted.
5. After the reboot, we enter safe mode again, run the command line as administrator and enter: net stop sppsvc to stop the software protection service (sometimes you may get a message that it is already stopped and does not work).
6. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ SPP \ and replace the current folder: store from the backup (I just copied it to the folder and pasted it over the old one with the replacement files)
7. Run the command line and enter: MSConfig, select the usual launch in the General tab, click the apply button and reboot.
8. After the reboot, you are reactivated, you can verify that the activation is completed by entering: Slmgr -dli / dlv / xpr at the command prompt.
Or use the Keycheck utility (easy way)
You can find the utility on the Internet.
Description:
KeyCheck is the best way to select working keys to activate Windows 8.1 Final operating systems, transfer activation from W8 to W8.1, and activate Windows 8.1.
How to reinstall Windows
We will need: USB hub for at least 2 USB ports. Any USB keyboard, flash drive from 4GB.
Video instruction

1. Download the Windows 8.1 image (you can from the Onda forum, or from any other source)
2. Create a bootable flash drive (for example, using the UltraISO program). Instructions for creating a bootable flash drive are on the Internet.
3. Connect the keyboard and flash drive to the hub, the hub through the bundled OTG cable to the tablet.
4. Turn off the tablet. Turn on and press DEL (delete) several times until we enter the BIOS.
5. Go to the last tab. If the flash drive is detected, then click on it (at the bottom of the list).
6. If everything went well, then you will start loading Windows from a flash drive. You may have to wait more than 5 minutes until the welcome screen appears.
7. That's it. Now install Windows.
How to reinstall Windows on ver.5 + another informative and useful post
Reinstall Windows downloaded from ONDA forum
Another way to reinstall Windows using the Windows 10 build example (xrip)
Games + Game Reviews

DOOM 3
It is played with great difficulty. The lowest settings. Resolution 640x480. FPS 10-20 fps
NFS Most Wanted 2005
You can play. The most optimal option: resolution 1024x768, graphics settings medium / low, vertical sync disabled
Quake 4
It’s difficult, but if there are steel nerves, then it’s possible. Even at the lowest graphics settings and a resolution of 640x480, FPS rarely exceeds 20 frames / sec.

Reviews / recommendations / marriage
Purchase
Accessories

User Club Onda v101w
Dainb Version V2, bought onShenzhen OKQI Electronics Mall
Fermoder
gun29
snowmen86
TiCross Version V2, bought onKitmall.ru
spuper Version V3, purchased atShenzhen OKQI Electronics Mall
zzorby Version v2
dsa43 V3 version
and ... yes a lot of us :)
Other Onda tablets on Windows
Results of the past voting
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Topic with no curator

Post has been editedShoore - 20.09.15, 22:56

Rep: (2)
Fermoder @ 10/15/2014, 3:17 PM*
If the hibernation mode did not immediately appear, go into the power settings, the actions when pressing the keys below should be marked with checkmarks.

Everything is somewhat more complicated, the Hibernate option is disabled by default on devices supporting InstantGo, it works fine and shutdown.exe / h hibernates the tablet as it should, there’s just no such option in the menu. It can be enabled through the registry:

http: //www.trishtech.c....ons-menu-in-windows-8/

In addition, it seems that Windows itself should go to hibernate after a few hours in Sleep mode - so far I have not found what “several” in numbers are.

In general, the trick is that InstantGo mode and the keyboard do not work together normally if the keyboard does not have a sensor that would turn it off.

That is, the logic is as follows (this is how Surface Pro 3 works):

- the keyboard is connected but the button press is open, it should spill the tablet.
- the keyboard is connected but closed - the tablet should sleep, but there is no sensor in our keyboard to determine if it is open or closed.

I’m considering installing a reed switch or a magnetic sensor in a keyboard that will turn off the power of the USB bus as soon as I understand how it can be disassembled. Although with the working hibernate mode you can live like that.

Post has been editedDainb - 15.10.14, 09:59

Rep: (0)
Good day to the owners of this device.
A big request to help me decide to buy a tablet. The choice is between the teclast x98 air 3g and this model. Between them, because you need a tablet PC for study / work, so only Windows 8. If you take onda then only with the keyboard, and a full laptop comes out, I need what. In the version with air, we have a screen at 9.7 and without a keyboard, because I think that working with texts in a horizontal position will be quite easy.
And now the question to the owners: how is the device for iron? Performance, battery, assembly? Is there a marriage? On systemic issues, a solution can be found here, but on the inside, I ask for advice.
thank

Spuper @ 10.15.2014, 13:09*
Performance, battery, assembly? Is there a marriage?

So far we have only one real owner of the device, so nothing can be said yet

Fainten @ 10/15/2014, 11:28 PM*
So far we have only one real owner of the device, so nothing can be said yet

What does the device with serial number 00388, and this is a month after the start of sales. You can say manual assembly, just like a Rolls Royce.

I understand that now the tablet is sold without a keyboard ... do you think it will be released soon?

Amendment:
Do you think a file or not?
http: //www.aliexpress....tation/2048540591.html
http: //www.aliexpress...OYO-A1/2045401854.html

Post has been editedspuper - 15.10.14, 22:11

Spuper @ 10/15/2014, 10:33 PM*
I understand that now the tablet is sold without a keyboard ... do you think it will be released soon?

The keyboard can already be purchased separately. I think the kit is unlikely to go. Although everything can be

Just now I noticed that on the clave there is no touchpad, trouble, guys ..

But, as I understand it, the keyboard from the Cube iWork 10 and from the Pipo W1 will fit it, right? (see my post above)

Post has been editedspuper - 15.10.14, 22:43

DainB @ 10.10.2014, 02:49*
If you have questions, ask, there will be no review, no time.

And can you please link where I ordered a tablet and keyboard?
And if not difficult, a couple of photos (with a keyboard).

Spuper @ 10.16.2014, 07:03*
Just now I noticed that on the clave there is no touchpad, trouble, guys ..

there is a touchpad and even with buttons. Only the touchpad is not adjustable and does not fit the screen size.

Spuper @ 10.16.2014, 07:03*
And can you please link where I ordered a tablet and keyboard?
And if not difficult, a couple of photos (with a keyboard).

Yes, here is a photo like dirt, and ordered there:

http: //www.aliexpress....tation/2048540591.html

Only it is not an official keyboard, there is no mention of a specific tablet on the keyboard box.

DainB @ 10.15.2014, 23:16*
Doesn't match screen size.

But does the tablet hold, or are things really bad?
And about the touchpad, sensitive, or not? how does scrolling go?

spuper @ 10.16.2014, 07:50*
And about the touchpad, sensitive, or not? how does scrolling go?

No way at all. The entire width of the touchpad is half the screen, there are no drivers or settings to change this, the multitouch is naturally not in sight, scrolling does not work, the touchpad just moves the cursor back and forth.

Posted on 10/16/2014, 01:55:

spuper @ 10.16.2014, 07:50*
But does the tablet hold, or are things really bad?

The keyboard itself is exactly the size of the tablet and clings very well to the magnet, the problem is that it is made oak and there are no settings in the drivers.

K
Added to FAQ

Post has been editedTiCross - 31.10.14, 14:44

DainB @ 10.16.2014, 01:55*
The entire width of the touchpad is half the screen

And try changing the scroll speed of the mouse in the Windows settings.

the touchpad just takes the cursor back and forth.

But with two clicks at least it opens the folders there, files? And holding the second click, you can transfer files?

Rep: (480)
scrolling does not work

Is it on?http: //windows.microso...-en/windows-8/touchpad

Rep: (2702)
M
TiCross appointed curator of the topic.

Windows 8.1 on a Retina screen in native resolution is almost impossible to use in desktop mode, all elements are very small.

One unpleasant feature of the new Bay Trail tablets with Connected Standby is little talk about - just turning off the screen on the tablet will not work, the tablet always goes into hibernation about a minute after the button is pressed. At the same time, Metro applications will periodically wake up the tablet, connect to the network and download their updates, but all the others will not work. That is, if you want to be an online screen or should be turned on permanently or completely disable Stanby when connected to the network.

K
Added to FAQ

Post has been editedTiCross - 31.10.14, 14:52

Makserge @ 10/10/2014, 19:04*
But in vain, there is a specially trained hub that charges with OTG.

This hub has been tested and works quite normally, it charges the tablet while feeding an external 512GB SSD (5V 680 mA).

Dainb fainten Thank you, not right away, but finished off. There were hieroglyphs on the start page, the metro seems to be, but I’m torturing nothing. Totally happy, I use it. The Chinese blue-toothed mouse caught on immediately, waiting for the keyboard.

Rep: (4)
how much does the battery hold under load when watching YouTube videos at medium brightness ?? 6 hours will be?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/25/19, 10:38 PM