MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Firmware | [firmware] publication and discussion of firmware for the older version of the router

Rep: (311)
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Firmware.
Everything related to firmware, frontend, giblets, internal and third-party software.
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion| MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Firmware |Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Windows)
Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini | Xiaomi club

Attached Image

Official firmware
Custom firmware

Instructions:
For those who are actively working on firmware or software
Colleagues, I ask you, all the instructions and software lay out in one post, respectively, draw up and edit there. Links to throw me in koumiss to add to the cap. Software updates in one permanent post or each in a new one - at your discretion, but if in a new one and see that I’m braking with adding to the header - beacon. These measures are for our convenience, because if regular visitors rummage and find what they are looking for, almost all newcomers will break their brains.
Examples of properly designed instructions:
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (Post # 33392546)
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (Post # 32763047)

Useful:

suggestions for filling caps are welcome, contactQMS curator Eugener

Post has been editedEugener - 06.07.17, 15:36
Reason for editing: TimeCapsule

Rep: (371)
Lightvik @ 09/22/2014, 10:27*
opkg install libc opkg install libgccopkg install kernel

for all:
root @ XiaoQiang: ~ # opkg install libgcc
Package libgcc (4.8-linaro-1) installed in root is up to date.
Configuring libgcc.
/data//usr/lib/opkg/info/libgcc.postinst: line 4: default_postinst: not found
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "libgcc" postinst script returned status 127.
* opkg_configure: libgcc.postinst returned 127.

I looked in other konfs and lately a bunch of people have a problem and no answer.
as a result of recommendations from the topicDiscussion: OpenWRT on ZyXEL Keenetic series routers in /data//usr/lib/opkg/info/libgcc.postinst commented out line number 4 default_postinst $ 0 $ @ and everything seemed to be delivered.
The solution is, of course, clumsy, it would be better if the default_postinst script worked, but it doesn’t exist and there’s not enough imagination ;-)

I'll try what happened - I’ll add in this message

Post has been editedcrass1968 - 22.09.14, 18:01

Rep: (441)
TrackScream @ 09/22/2014, 17:12*
There are even desktop environments, you can stick KDE there and use it remotely, but I have not figured out why :)

not. DE is definitely not needed in the router. but owncloud is the same - it will already be very, very nice. yes and webmin for example

Post has been editedlightvik - 22.09.14, 14:45

Rep: (484)
Trackscream ,

Attached files

Attached filelua.tar.gz(569.89 KB)
Attached filewww.tar.gz(7.57 MB)

Rep: (24)
>debian is not native to ordinary luce

To avoid strong confusion:
UCI are just unified configs for everything, which all have a single simple format and lie in a single place (/ etc / config). Well, the support system - scripts for convenient parsing of these configs. daemon init scripts parse uci configs and if necessary convert them to traditional software configs (or convert to command line parameters, it doesn't matter).
However, absolutely no one bothers to use traditional configs. It’s just that uci is more convenient, as long as you don’t need to remember where and what is configured.
debian-based is a system where software lies in turnips in the form of .deb files and is controlled by utilities like dpkg, aptitude, apt-get, etc. Unlike openwrt (opkg) and optware (ipkg) packages.
Accordingly, writing a program that will be deployed via .deb and at the same time configuring with uci does not present any special difficulties!

Rep: (178)
* klirichek luci works not only through uci. In the openwrt trunk, part of the work of the guides is through ubus, the dbus clone for embedded systems. Moreover, as far as I remember, their interface is not too compatible. At least for this reason, I was not able to secure a lucy in the stock on the stock firmware. Rather, it was possible, but it worked through crutches and very crookedly.
P.S. You can certainly build ubus for debian and tweak the overall compatibility, but is the game worth the candle?
P.P.S.heremore details on this subject.

Post has been editedTrackscream - 22.09.14, 18:47

Rep: (371)
damn, it turned out that there is no mc (GNU Midnight Commander) in the openwrt repository for bcm53xx - if anyone knows where to find it, please share it!

* crass1968, just build it yourself, on the mc network under openwrt there is no processor for our architecture yet. Perhaps they will add in the future, but for now, "spin as you like." The existing branch for architecture is in active development, so something may be missing, and everything in general may not work. This is normal at the moment.

And try to assemble it yourself!
In openwrt, this is usually more than simple (simpler than in dd-wrt).
In most cases, the differences between similar architectures are trivial (i.e. new packages are not added trite due to lack of free time, but not because of critical differences)

* Sergiys2009, according to comrade klirichek self-assembled core does not want to work with stock firmware, i.e. while deaf. We will dig further.

I seem to have gathered mc here, please check if someone is working or not. The bcm47xx architecture for compatibility with stock unmodified firmware, the real ARM architecture with optimizations for the Cortex A8 (the same bcm53xx).
track @ Scream-mini ~ / fmk / toolchain / openwrt / build_dir / target-arm-xiaomi-linux-uclibcgnueabi / mc-4.7.5.3 / src $ file mc
mc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

If it requires some dependencies, let me know which ones - I will give ipk for them.
May require libglib or ncurses, but both of them I think are in stock
track @ Scream-mini ~ / fmk / toolchain / arm-xiaomi-linux-uclibcgnueabi / bin $ ./arm-xiaomi-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ldd --root ../ ~ / fmk / toolchain / openwrt / build_dir / target- arm-xiaomi-linux-uclibcgnueabi / mc-4.7.5.3 / src / mc
libncurses.so.5 not found
libglib-2.0.so.0 not found
libc.so.0 =>/usr/lib/libc.so.0 (0xdeadbeef)
ld-uClibc.so.0 =>/usr/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0xdeadbeef)

Rename the file extension to .ipk, the forum does not allow you to upload files with this extension, I had to cheat :)
Attached filemc_4.7.5.3-2_brcm47xx.zip(314.62 KB)

Post has been editedTrackscream - 23.09.14, 08:29

* TrackScream, jarvis (jarvis - from github) comes with firmware. And on that firmware the same web face as on stock. Those. "outside" you can’t tell what exactly is running. (By the way, who wanted iptv here - there is the necessary flag in the kernel config; it is possible to try)
But to make a "Frankenstein" from the core of the jarvis and the root of the runoff did not work out of the blue. Downloading when switching from the kernel to the root is severely slowed down (the startup took about 2 minutes), and upon completion, a reboot occurs.
There are fewer modules in the config on the jarvis; probably it makes sense to go through the contents of / lib / modules runoff and try to get the same thing in the jarvis (oh, if there was a stock kernel config - it would be even easier).
(personally, I am much more inclined towards a full-fledged openwrt than to finishing the Frankenstein)

.-------. ---------.---------.---------.-------.--------.
| || | _ | | | | |
| || _ | __| | | | ---|
| || | | | | |-- |
| ||____|____|____|____|_________|_______|________|
| ________ | S M A R T H O M E F R E E D O M
------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Jarvis!
------------------------------------------------------------
* Free your mind
* Your private cloud