Canon 600D + cable = bug | Technical question

Rep: (41)
Hello everyone :) In general, the thing is, there is a Chinese cable with an intervalometer (screen, buttons, everything is cool).
The problem is this, after the cable gives the camera signal so that it takes a picture, the camera starts reporting 10 seconds and then only takes a frame.
I don’t understand, maybe I myself put something wrong on the menu?

My actions.
1.Connect the cord
2. Turn on the camera
3.Manual mode
4. In the menu I set "Remote control / delay 10 sec."
5. From the cord I send to take a photo, I get the result that I described above.

Maybe the camera doesn’t see that the remote is connected to it?

Rep: (91)
Gold1,
can the countdown timer be turned on on the cable or on the camera? In fact, a wire cable bridges the common wire and (if I'm not mistaken) the lower contact. The camera itself with a simple bypassing of these contacts takes a picture without delay.

Post has been editedfrol-aleksan - 24.09.14, 19:51

On the cable is not included. On the pic, only "Remote control / delay 10 sec" is selected, although in what wilds can there still be settings for the cable? I didn’t find it.

Rep: (46)
This is not a bug, this is a feature! : D
Turn off this "remote control", set the desired shutter operation model (one shot, a series), and try the cable. "Remote control / delay 10 sec." - this is for a wireless remote control or a delay of 10 sec. to press the trigger on the carcass and run away :)

Post has been editedeHoT23 - 24.09.14, 23:22

Oh sure! I am completely confused it turns out advice fromeHoT23 , this is the right solution to my problem.
The answer is found.

Rep: (46)
* Gold1, always welcome)) Just for the future, as I wrote * frol-aleksan , the cable just creates the same closure that the shutter button creates, well, plus it holds it if we talk about bulb. And he doesn’t need any modes :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/19/19, 10:38