> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Teclast Taipower X98 Air 3G - Talk | Tablet, 9.7

Rep: (11)
Teclast Taipower X98 Air 3G - Discussion
PictureTeclast Taipower X98 Air 3G
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Installation and discussion of Windows пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Why was my post removed?
1. All posts violating the FORUM RULES and the RULES of behavior in the TOPIC -will be deleted without warning.
2. Messages like "Thank you, we will check now", "Hooray, everything turned out", etc. -will be deleted without warning.
3. Questions, the answer to which is directly given in the header, as well as the answers to these questions -will be deleted without warning or explanation.
4. Comments on answers like: “I do the same” or “I do the same” -will be deleted without warning or explanation.
5. Questions like “Which firmware is better?”, “Is it worth updating?”, “What are the cardinal differences from the previous one?” And tips like “Put this one, it is super!” Lead to meaningless flood andwill be deleted without warning.
6. Thank-you posts like “Thank you, helped! ...” -deleted without explanation.The forum has a reputation change system, an additional plus to the author’s reputation is better than the “Thank you” text.
A photo
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
Model Teclast X98 Air 3G
CPU Intel Bay Trail - T Z3736F, Quad Core, 64 - bit, 2.16GHz
GPU Intel HD Graphics
OS Android 4.4.4
Ram 2GB DDR3L
ROM 32GB EMMC FLASH
screen 9.7 inch capacitive screen, IPS Retina screen
Resoluton 2048x1536 pixels
Micro sd Support SD card up to 128Gb
cameras Front 2.0MP
Rear 5.0MP with autofocus
G-sensor Yes
Multi touch Yes, 10 Touch Points
Play market Yes
Bluetooth Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
OTG Yes
Ota Yes
Widi Yes
Video 1080P, 4k, AVI / MOV / MP4 / RMVB / FLV / MKV
EBook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2
Sound MP3 / WMA / WAV / APE / AAC / FLAC / OGG
GPS Yes, Built-in GPS / A-GPS 4.0
WiFi Yes, 802.11 b / g / n
3G Yes, Built-in 3G, WCDMA modem
2G Yes, the GSM function of the telephone call
Working hours 5-6 hours
Battery 8500mAh
Dimensions 240mm x169mm x7.4mm (according to applications on the forum, the thickness varies in the region of 8-8.1mm)
Weight 498 grams
Ports 1 x Micro SD Slot
1 x Micro USB port
1 x 3,5mm mini jack
1 x SIM card slot
1 x Micro hdmi connector
Reviews and Reviews
Useful
Tips to improve gaming performance on the tablet
  • 1) The Achilles heel of most devices on the Bay Trail is a small amount of RAM. About 2 GB. Given the rather voracious Windows 8, as well as the fact that the Bay Trail GPU does not have dedicated memory (it eats up from RAM to gigabytes), gaming performance will often rest on the lack of RAM. Out of RAM = access to the paging file = terrible brakes. For this reason, try during the game - do not have running background tasks that are not related to the game.
  • 2) Razer Game Booster. Use. One click application closes many non-game related tasks, services, which frees up precious RAM resources.
  • 3) In the settings of the GPU driver, force the performance mode.
  • 4) Launch games from the EMMC embedded in the tablet. Running from an SD card (due to the fact that it is slower) can reduce gaming performance. This will be especially noticeable on the boot screens.
  • 5) Fresh drivers for chipset, GPU, fresh DirectX.
  • 6) Set high performance in power settings.
  • 7) Bay Trail overclocking capabilities - at the moment does not exist. If it appears, add instructions.
  • 8) Graphics settings. Make sure that they are translated to the minimum values. If after this the FPS is too high, first of all try to increase the quality of the textures and models. These settings are paramount in improving image quality. If the performance is not enough even with the minimum graphics settings, you will have to reduce the output resolution of the image in the game, up to 640 * 480.
  • 9) Many games have fashion, in particular - adding the ability to choose Ultra Low graphics level. For example, in the case of the famous game Skyrim, the mod is called Genesis Skyrim Performance Config.
  • 10) d3d overrider + forced activation of triple buffering. I did not check, but judging by the comments, it often increases FPS in games quite strongly.
  • 11) In the desktop settings, turn off the transparency (classic style) of the windows.
  • 12) Throttle Stop. I have not tried it, but there are many positive reviews and instructions on the Internet. In some cases - decently raises FPS

Link to the official website with a description
Chinese forum on this tablet
Theme on our tablet on xda
The method of obtaining ROOT
Solving the problem with 64GB memory cards.
Toolbox package
Photo tablet disassembled One more photo
Test results of a standard charger
Fresh video driver for windows
Battery test
PDF test in windows
The list of proven games under windows + tips on optimizing performance, help on gamepads
BIOS Overview (ANDROID v4.4.4)
Free up a lot of space on windows
Some fixed microphone
Xposed Installer C8J7
List of applications that can be removed
Video disassembly tablet + chip bios
NEW! Transfer applications to a memory card!
Video showing a problem with the touchscreen
Solving the problem with sleep
A way to make a backup tablet
Modifications and decorations
Tests and benchmarks
FAQ Question - Answer
1) Question: The touchscreen stopped working. What to do?
Answer:
We bring back the touchscreen in Android.
The way foundwhymoo.
Actual for all revisions!
Purpose:
Update BOOT section with firmware fileboot.img.
This can be done in three ways:

Method number 1:
1. Downloading the latestfirmware.
2. Replace the fileboot.imgin the folder with the firmware.
3. We flash Android on standardinstructions.

Method number 2:
Look here -Teclast Taipower X98 Air 3G - Discussion (Post by Muxa52 # 39057754)

Method number 3:
Look here -Teclast Taipower X98 Air 3G - Discussion (Post by justason # 39059631)
=====================
Some information about the reason -Teclast Taipower X98 Air 3G - Discussion (Post Soft-Man # 38458580)

2) Question: Google play market does not work or errors occur! What to do?
Answer: Download fix here

3) Question: What to do if micro sd card is stuck?
Answer: Read here about this issue.

4) Question: How to bring up the menu to change the boot of the standard system in dualboot?
Answer: Read here

5) Question: How to find out the revision of the tablet?
Answer: Written on the cover of the tablet.
Polls archive
The survey is over 3.12.2014
Attached Image
The survey is finished 02.26.2015
Attached Image
The survey is over 11.03.2015
Attached Image
History of changes caps
March 2015
30.03 Added ways to fix the wheelbarrow
1.03 at Useful added a link to the Video showing a problem with the touchscreen

February 2015
27.02 - Updated the link to the latest video driver.

ATTENTION! Do not connect too many and too powerful devices in the usb hub, and also do not use Chinese hubs with additional power !! The consequence can be a bug in the power controller and the inability to properly charge and flash. Bug fixed by zelenuiLook

Do not forget about the user moderation. We use the buttonsAttached ImageorAttached Imageto evaluate posts in the topic. It helps to keep the topic as clean as possible.
If you just did not like the message, it is not necessary to minus it.

Posts that hit the header will be indicated by Attached Image

Post has been editedSoft man - 21.06.15, 11:13
Reason for editing: Added ways to fix a wheelbarrow

Rep: (0)
Ripened a small question, can anyone answer. On the BIOS chip, the power supply resistance (legs 4 and 8) is 8 ohms. What is it really very low. Maybe someone measured too ?? Revision HG9M, no reaction to the inclusion, only the processor is heated, the BIOS has already flashed the programmer, it still did not help :(!

Rep: (7)
vanya150600 @ 03.24.19, 08:52*
Correct if I'm wrong. I have a C5J6 revision tablet, the touch on 4.4 only works with a special core, on 5.0 there is no such core and there is no touch (and in fact a bucket 5.0), right?

Why not start. I also have C5J6, according to the instructions I installed android 5 and root rights, the touch works, but the tablet does not see the sim card, I don’t have it and don’t know how to restore it ...

Post has been editedzkauba - 15.04.19, 02:48

Rep: (15)
This Bobby, was bought by his wife, three years ago. The other day, I began to warm up on charging, then charge only when it is off, then it completely stopped turning on.
In the workshop, a charge controller was sentenced, asked for expensive, now he’s lying around like trash.
I am no longer friends with Teslast

Rep: (490)
* Android025 Try the aforementioned WS4603 from the power supply. The host will partially lose (it will be necessary to supply external power to the devices), but there is a chance to restore the normal operation of the charge.

* Al_Rider,
Thank you, the master has to find, so that he tries to restore a second time.

Rep: (490)
* Android025 Yes, there is a special master and is not needed, the legs are fairly free. Two neat poke soldering iron and all. For a start, you can just assess the expediency with your finger: when putting on charge, this piece should start to warm up, or simply have a moderately charred body.

Post has been editedAl_Rider - 27.04.19, 18:58

* Al_Rider,
It is, through the body, until the intervention of the master, basked much. After the master, his discouraged phrase "does not work on the exercises do not put" ... class ...

Rep: (10)
Android025 @ 03.05.19, 08:31*
"Does not work on the exercises do not put" ...

Ali sold separately board charging (ready, small) for lithium at a current of 0.5 amps and 1, in the case there. Throw a bridge with charging sockets on the charging scarves input and output directly to the battery. And do not seek to change the controller. True if the native controller or tying arrange faults have to remove unnecessary \ trim. It is possible to remove such a handkerchief with 18650 (if protected) there are 0.3 - 0.5 A.: yes2:

Rep: (1)
* Al_Rider ,
I'm afraid that the normal charging is not to recover. He revealed the tablet after the repair, and saw that the 4603 non-existent. Charging goes without display on the tablet itself operates in two reduced battery capacity and miscarriages occur off the tablet.

* zkauba
flashed version c5j6 (like me), touch is not working
by c5j5 does not work

vanya150600 @ 04.07.19, 01:37*
flashed version c5j6 (like me), touch is not working
by c5j5 does not work

Other versions have tried to flash? I except the two you mentioned firmware versions do not put anything else ..

* zkauba , Sitting on Mirek, everything works fine, but only works on 4.4.4 with spetsyadrom

vanya150600 @ 06.07.19, 07:32*
but only works on 4.4.4 with spetsyadrom

And what's the problem?))) Use and further, for this tablet android 5 and especially that is not needed, as for me.

* zkauba , Well there are a couple of applications that would love to see (normal, not zasrany launcher lawnchair and termux), as I have heard that on the fifth bucket everything is fine with the volume of the speakers

Who can perezalit windows 10 and crack it, and then all the links are not valid

After a tap and charge the battery stops charging on Android-enabled, on Windows all the rules.
How to re-do everything was fine? )
Did anyone soldering WS4603 or 1211A1 chip?

Guys, how this miracle connected to the old RCA TV set? I want to run on the tablet emulators konekt him yusb gamepads retropodobnye and display an image on the old telly. What to do for the adapters / decoders are needed?
In Windows mode, the tablet will not at android.

Post has been editedAmanwaf - 26.08.19, 16:04

As at 10 to have win x86 touch? Tried all versions goodixtouch, nothing at all

Posted on 10/10/2019, 19:17:

HG5N

Rep: (3)
Amanwaf @ 26.08.19, 05:22*
Guys, how this miracle connected to the old RCA TV set?

The tablet also has a micro-HDMI connector. So, you need a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and HDMI to AV converter. Ali them in bulk for all tastes.

Post has been editedgray1919 - 24.10.19, 23:16

If you are interested - it's updated BIOS proshivalschikom. Of Windows 7 on a laptop via usb 3.0
Archived version of the BIOS installed X98_Air_3G_Dual-21.11.2014CRC-4F058073 can replace on their own, if necessary. Revision tablet c8j7.

Attached files

Attached filex98 Air 3G Flasher Bios 1.03.rar(13.42 MB)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 05/03/20, 1:47