[OS] Tizen Wearable - Discussion | Discussion of the operating system from Samsung

Rep: (120)

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Tizen Wearable is a version of the Tizen operating system designed for use in wearable devices, primarily in "chofofonah." This platform is a self-contained OS, for the full functioning of smart watches under its control it is not necessary to provide them with a link to any other device. At the same time, if you connect these watches to your smartphone using Bluetooth, this will expand both their functionality and the functionality of the smartphone.

The Tizen Wearable system was announced on February 23, 2013. The main developer of devices has become the company Samsung. Currently, only she launches smart watches on this platform. Software development is conducted by a large community, the main developers of the platform are Samsung and Intel. All software of different OS assemblies are interchangeable: for example, the clock application can be run on a smartphone, camera or smart TV running Tizen.

Available devices:
Samsung Galaxy Gear(update from Android to Tizen)
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear 2 Neo

Samsung Gear S

Information for developers

Post has been editedLindström - 24.09.14, 22:04

Rep: (60)
If a verified Tizen energy efficiency data, all other things being equal with Android?

Do not dishonor the glorious city of St. Petersburg!
"Whether there is a ..."

Post has been editedJustDL - 21.03.15, 20:50

Rep: (137)
Hello everyone .. I bought a Gear S a nice little thing, I can recommend it both as a standalone device and as with the S series ..
I’m thinking of cutting software on myself .. it’s really not enough

who in the subject will be glad to talk, a lot of pancake questions ..;; (the SDK itself was installed, but after the update all the certificates were broken, it fought for several days .. until I unearthed that this was a problem with them .. and just didn’t want to compile or fill in the clock etc. ... and the first time I saw a BSOD on my W8.1 :))))

Lindström @ 09/13/2014, 19:50*
In connection with the discussion of Android Wear, I also consider it necessary to create a discussion of Tizen Wearable. At least for the reason that this operating system for watches is more popular: according to statistics, about 30% of all smart watches in the world work on it. At the moment, these are only Samsung devices, however, it makes sense to expect more devices to appear. If only because Intel, the "second core" of the development team, was going to release its designer smart watches (it is obvious that they will be on this OS), and in general, interest in it is very significant.

Where to find the source code of the original Samsung stock watches, those that are first on the list are blue and brown, which are complex. I understand the code of examples .. but everything is simple .. I would like to comment on how they write complex watches such and high-quality, then like what was done by others and everything is absurd or crooked available for download ..

maybe where is this source, the pictures are then unpacked into the code itself collapsed in the BIN

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedden812 - 17.04.15, 19:51

Does it bother me alone that there is nowhere to look at programs that are already available for Tizen? Only after buying and pairing a watch with a phone.
And why here onsavagemessiahzine.comThere is no discussion of software for Tizen.

JustDL @ 04/19/2015, 11:21*
Does it bother me alone that there is nowhere to look at programs that are already available for Tizen? Only after buying and pairing a watch with a phone.
And why here onsavagemessiahzine.comThere is no discussion of software for Tizen.

Well why, here samsungapps.com everything is

Rep: (120)
By the way, yes. Tizen's native tpk extension, can anyone post programs in this extension?

Den812 @ 04/21/2015, 19:18*

Have you been there for a long time?

JustDL @ 04/26/2015, 12:17*
Have you been there for a long time?

I put it myself;)

Oh, what is the IDE SDK buggy; ((((((.....

Yesterday I’m sitting, I’m writing a new face for the clock. I’m not touching anyone ...
I periodically fill in the hardware clock - I check how it is somber ... everything is ok ...
(I do it in the hardware and not the emulator because the emulator showed me the blue screen of windows 8.1 - stable)

and suddenly:

"Error code: SIGNATURE_INVALID"

Error code: SIGNATURE_INVALID
Error message:
Command: / usr / bin / pkgcmd -i -q -t wgt -p "/opt/usr/apps/tmp/cww.wgt"
Management: Check author certificates in Preferences>Tizen sdk>Secure Profiles>Profile items. Or try to perform 'permit to install applications' of the context menu in Connection Explorer.

Error code: SIGNATURE_INVALID
Error message:
Command: / usr / bin / pkgcmd -i -q -t wgt -p "/opt/usr/apps/tmp/cww.wgt"
Management: Check author certificates in Preferences>Tizen sdk>Secure Profiles>Profile items. Or try to perform 'permit to install applications' of the context menu in Connection Explorer.

Naturally, all certificates are in place .. Naturally, I did not change anything in these sections ...

but I can’t download anything else

such a trick (similar) already happens the second time .. last time the complete re-creation of the workplace environment helped !!! this is some kind of

ssskkkkkkkkaaaaaa ...

cured by deleting the workspace and creating a new .. for the second time the same garbage out of the blue; ((

Kot-mokot @ 05/03/2015, 21:27*
Friends, please tell me, did any interval timers appear on Tizen? And then I'm sitting on a custom on the first gears, the battery leaves in 2 days)

why not try a new stock?

Rep: (594)
JustDL @ 04/19/2015, 12:21*
Does it bother me alone that there is nowhere to look at programs that are already available for Tizen?

Not. Also discouraged by the inability to view the list of applications to decide whether to buy a watch with either Tizen or Android Wear.
Den812 @ 04/21/2015, 19:18*

And how to use it from a browser? For example, give a link to the sorted navigation applications for Galaxy Gear 2.

Rep: (0)
On this watch, the LX36 / ZX08 Smartwatch is also [OS] Tizen. Are there any programs for them.

Post has been editedmacedon-87 - 04.07.15, 12:58

Someone will answer please

Rep: (2)
guys give a link to of tizen for weights 1.

Good afternoon, I’m interested in such a question - is it identical to gear s gear s2 identical? or those applications that go to s2 will go on a simple, true length reverse?

Rep: (46)
There sdk versions are different + different set of available devices. If the application takes this into account and a common subset is used, then there are no special obstacles; for native applications, most likely, recompilation is required. Well, of course, you need to test the developer. The store has applications that work both there and there.

Rep: (166)
To download the SDK (different versions)
link

Gear S recommended Tizen Wearable SDK
link

You can go up the catalogs

Post has been editedbyaaka - 26.02.16, 13:18

Some useful links for developing applications and putting them in the store

Please check Certification Guidelines prepared for you athttp://developer.samsung.com/resources
- Certification Policy:http: //developer.samsu...p-certification/policy
- Self-Check List:http: //developer.samsu..selfself-check-list-mobile
- Troubleshooting Guide:http: //developer.samsu...troubleshooting-mobile

Instructions for installing "unsupported" software on the Gear 2, Gear S

Given that the amount of software is very limited, I offer the opportunity to expand the range.

How to install a program that is not installed by standard means.
Firstly why is this happening. The developer specified the required version greater than 2.2 in the "required_version" parameters of the config.xml file.
Perhaps he did not specifically set, but simply did not change. What was the default, it remains.
To fix it, you will need to re-sign it with your certificate and put it on your watch. Something else to lay out does not work, it will only be yours. To become accessible to others - only through the store, and as a rule it is already there
Get to the point. Install the Tizen SDK for Wearable (link above). Issue a developer certificate, painted herelink. Practice with sample programs. An important point: if you did everything correctly, the examples should be put on the clock and run.
If you will install a new version of the SDK, then in the examples you need to do the same edits (see below).
Create an empty project with the name of the program you want to install. In that folder, delete all available files (except those starting with a period) and drop the files of the unpacked widget. Files signature1.xml and author-signature.xml are deleted. Edit the config.xml file:
- in the required_version field, substitute the value 2.2
- there may be a field that contains the word ambient - this field with the value is deleted completely.
For the dial from Gear S2 you need to add a line
<tizen: category name = "com.samsung.wmanager.WATCH_CLOCK" />

We rebuild the project and throw it on the clock. Installation should go without errors.
If the installed application does not work - unfortunately, your watch really does not support it. True, in most cases it should work.

Good luck!

Post has been editedbyaaka - 26.04.16, 12:29
Reason for editing: Important additions

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 05:47