[OS] Tizen Wearable - Discussion | Discussion of the operating system from Samsung

Rep: (120)
TIZEN.ORG

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Tizen Wearable is a version of the Tizen operating system designed for use in wearable devices, primarily in "chofofonah." This platform is a self-contained OS, for the full functioning of smart watches under its control it is not necessary to provide them with a link to any other device. At the same time, if you connect these watches to your smartphone using Bluetooth, this will expand both their functionality and the functionality of the smartphone.

The Tizen Wearable system was announced on February 23, 2013. The main developer of devices has become the company Samsung. Currently, only she launches smart watches on this platform. Software development is conducted by a large community, the main developers of the platform are Samsung and Intel. All software of different OS assemblies are interchangeable: for example, the clock application can be run on a smartphone, camera or smart TV running Tizen.

Available devices:
Samsung Galaxy Gear(update from Android to Tizen)
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear 2 Neo

Samsung Gear S

Information for developers

Post has been editedLindström - 24.09.14, 22:04

In connection with the discussion of Android Wear, I consider it necessary also to create a discussion of Tizen Wearable. At least for the reason that this OS is more popular for watches: according to statistics, about 30% of all smart watches in the world work on it. Currently, these are only Samsung devices, however, it makes sense to expect more devices to appear. If only because the Intel company, the “second core” of the development team, is going to release its designer smart watches (obviously, they will be on this OS), and in general interest in it is very significant.

Rep: (544)
It would be great to do some FAQ on the operating system, what, where, how it turns on, what features, etc.
As well as a separate text and video review of opportunities. Because information in the cap is still not enough to evaluate the platform itself.

Important information for software developers: the Russia Tizen App Challenge is currently underway. Websitehttp://www.tizenappchallenge.ruand it’s the same detailed information. The total prize fund is 7000000 rubles, the maximum prize (for the best game) is 1,400,000 rubles. Applications are accepted (i.e., applications are subject to conditions)until November 9 The winners will be evaluated and awarded at the end of November.

Post has been editedLindström - 16.09.14, 16:46

11 applications for smart watches, from the developer LuxHex.http://www.luxhex.com/gear.html

http://www.tizenexperts.com/category/wallpaper/A large number of wallpapers for Tizen-hours, with installation instructions.
http: //www.tizenexpert...ble-samsung-app-store/Interesting application: digital watch Yotta for the clock screen.

Rep: (4)
Yesterday I tried to see what applications are available in their market. I did not understand how to do it with a computer. Interested in applications of the navigation sense.

Rep: (1)
direct link all applications are available. Here, for example, my toy for watches Gyr2:

http://apps.samsung.com/mars/topApps/topAppsDetail.as?productId=000000919703

search on the site you can not find it because In the device list, Gear 2 cannot be selected.

It is not clear why they should degrade the functionality of the site.

Rep: (188)
Who knows how to pull out the application files from the Gear 2 clock. Installed the Tizen Wearable SDK, got into the clock, and how to find them here now?

Rep: (182)
Can I use these watches with a phone from another company?

* Martin_Devil,
Better, probably, in a branch of a specific clock to ask.
In particular, for Gear S, people hacked and put Samsung software on other smartphones.

Rep: (84)
Can I install Google services? Keep, Maps, Drive for example?

Rep: (8)
Like already full-fledged communication devices are released on this system. Why are we silent?

* 12 Monkeys,
First of all, they are not full on this topic.
Secondly, the only smartphone on this system is not yet very successfully sold only in India.
Thirdly, the released smartphone is less interesting for the user than smartphones on Android.

Rep: (87)
12 Monkeys @ 01/28/2015, 11:22*
Like already full-fledged communication devices are released on this system.

12 Monkeys @ 01/28/2015, 11:22*
the only smartphone on this system is not yet very successfully sold only in India.

And Tizen common (under the desktop) and Tizen IVI (under the touch) can be put on some PCs and scarves for developers. I put on ODROID U3, it is just their main choice and all releases are automatically collected by ARM.

As for the OS's interestingness: the Russian government is going to transfer all the smartphones and tablets used there, to Tizen, and start Russian production of those. Since other systems are not open enough, including a bucket.

Lindström @ 06.02.2015, 13:46*
other systems are not open enough, including a bucket.

And what is the source of Android Google is not complete? Or simply lacks the source drivers of hardware. And Samsung to Tizen provides the source of the drivers?

* BloodyFoxy,
If verified Tizen energy efficiency dataequal with android?

Rep: (6)
If verified Tizen energy efficiency dataequal with android?

There is. The clock is the first samsung. On android worked out a full day light. On tizene - half.

PhoneMan @ 02.22.2015, 21:52*
On android worked out a full day light. On tizene - half.

Where is the firewood from?

Rep: (6)
Where is the firewood from?

From my watch.

Rep: (0)
Sorry, but this is some kind of nonsense. My Tizenovsky Gear2 fulfills 3 days in general easily with a serious use load. In quiet - 4.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 14:12