TP-Link TD-W8951nd - Discussion | [Adslmodem] [wifirouter]

Rep: (1967)
TP-Link TD-W8951ND - Discussion

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Wireless N series router with integrated ADSL2 + modem with data rates up to 150 Mbit / s TD-W8951ND is a universal solution for high-speed connectivity and sharing to the Internet via a wired / wireless network. Due to the configuration utility Easy Setup Assistant, supplied on CD-ROM included with the device, firewalls SPI and the NAT, traffic prioritization technology QoS and other latest features, you can easily build a secure wireless network and to work with the Internet, IP-TV, Audio Streaming video, share files.
Specifications:
Hardware
Ports 4 ports 10/100 Mbps RJ45
1 RJ11 port
1 on / off buttons power supply
1 QSS button
External power supply 12 V DC. current / 1A
IEEE standards IEEE 802.3, 802.3u
ADSL standards Full-rate ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.DMT), ITU-T G.992.2 (G.Lite)
ITU-T G.994.1 (G.hs), ITU-T G.995.1, ITU-T G.996.1, ITU-T G.997.1, ITU-T K.2.1
ADSL2 ITU-T G.992.3 standards (G.dmt.bis), ITU-T G.992.4 (G.lite.bis)
ADSL2 + ITU-T G.992.5 standards
Size (W x D x H) 174 Г— 120 Г— 29 mm (6.9 Г— 4.7 Г— 1.1 inches)
Antenna type Omnidirectional, removable, Reverse SMA
3 dBi antenna gain
Parameters of the wireless module
Wireless Network Standards Some characteristics of IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, 802.11b
The frequency range of 2,400-2,4835 GHz
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm (EIRP)
Wireless protection Supports 64/128-bit WEP encryption, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK, wireless MAC address filtering
Software features
QoS (Quality of Service) Prioritization based on IPP / ToS, DSCP and 802.1p
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, DMZ, ACL (Access Control List)
VPN pass-through PPTP, L2TP, IPSec traffic pass
ATM / PPP ATM Forum UNI3.1 / 4.0 Protocols,
PPP over ATM (RFC 2364),
PPP over Ethernet (RFC2516),
IPoA (RFC1577 / 2225),
PVC - up to 8 permanent virtual channels
Additional features Traffic Shaping (ATM QoS) UBR, CBR, VBR-rt, VBR-nrt;
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), DHCP relay;
NAT (network address translation); forwarding of PVC / Ethernet ports
VLAN, 802.1P, static routing, RIP v1 / v2 (optional);
DNS Relay, DDNS, IGMP snooping V1 / 2, IGMP Multicast, UPnP
Security NAT Firewall
SPI Firewall
Filtering by MAC address, IP address, packets, applications, URL
Protection against DoS attacks, SYN Flooding, Ping of Death
Management Web Based Management (HTTP)
Remote control
Telnet Management
Command line interface
SSL for TR-069
SNMP v1 / 2c
SNMP via EOC
Firmware update via web interface
CWMP (TR-069)
Diagnostic tools
Other
Certificates CE, FCC, RoHS
Package TD-W8951ND
External splitter
Telephone cable rj-11
Ethernet RJ-45 cable
Quick Setup Guide
CD with configuration utility and user guide
Power Supply
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux.
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ (32 ~ 104 ℉)
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ℉ ~ 158 ℉)
Relative air humidity during operation: 10% ~ 90%, without condensation
Relative humidity during storage: 5% ~ 90%, without condensation
http://www.tp-link.ua/...&model=TD-W8951ND#spec
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedShoore - 30.06.16, 16:44

Rep: (6)
I have a new modem TP-Link TD-W8951nd he occasionally fall off the ports do not have access to internet and admin.
Only a reboot helps!
referred back to the store to let me in?

Rep: (2)
* DarkNomad,
may yet you do not tweaking?
what exactly do you configure it?

Rep: (6)
this is my third modem to configure can do!
when disconnecting the plug lana or restart the modem make it work.
A computer 2 connected thereto.

* DarkNomad,
I Do not know how to ask you to set up, I'm interested in what you slaughter it, what settings and in which sections

modem works or the Internet?

Rep: (9)
Hello.
I read the whole thread, so I write.
In general the situation is as follows: blunt started, restarted and after restart stopped working altogether! Burning the first three indicators (power, link, internet) and cyclic restart occurs, sometimes afternOn a cycle-rebooting s stop and just lit LEDs + LAN connection.
Ping does not pass, the ip is not able to assign (dhcp), to reset does not respond, BP changed to a new, Conder not swollen, visually okay with electronics. Conclusion: The problem is in the software. Sew way means at hand, becauseserial do not have. So the question is: Who are some restored modem8951nd v5.3 after he leaves a cyclic reboot while burning the first three indicator immediately after incl ? What is the reason for this sudden behavior?

Rep: (27)
* biowerewolf
Resetting does not?

Guys, please do not tell, in what could be the problem. Installed in the office a router firmware:
Firmware Version ADSL: FwVer: 3.20.17.0_TC3087 HwVer: T14.F7_11.2
Status line: Showtime
Modulation: ADSL2 PLUS
Annex Mode: ANNEX_M

To use a VPN client software installed - UVPN Client (cisco) for konekt with a remote server (the VPN client is configured correctly). On conventional routers are running. And here in the office do not.
I began to dig, sort of like a router does not pass IPsec traffic. How to turn it on at this router?
Seen on Asus has separate menus for this even, and there's nothing there.

a11azan @ 10.02.2016, 12:13*
Resetting does not?

Done! It does not respond to the button!

Somebody sewed through USB TTL?

Attached images
Attached Image

* biowerewolf

My post about a similar situation, and so I found a solution
I version5.2 But the situation is completely analogous to (not counting the cyclic reboot, which I think is directly related to the firmware).

the reason for this behavior in damage dump EEPROM flash memory (8 Nogaja SOIC8 chip in the body).

I was helped by the programmerTL-866 and the contraction of the stick from the board
the search for a full dump of such chips
prime the dump
installing it on their native place

Well, shamanism with the firmware update to the last or the penultimate version - because the dump was only on a similar model (not a hair's breadth from mine, so I had worked long and hard to bring on the modem different firmware versions, until he agreed to their shavat - he very reluctant to make concessions ... smile).

* a11azan,

If the damage is a firmware dump will not help.

* biowerewolf

There was no such (or RS232) cable, so no sewing.

Post has been editedPADlabs - 21.02.16, 20:44

* - | vitaska | -,

If you have already tried to disable the firewall and does not work - it is likely that it concerns section settingsAccess Management - ACL .
Just for Cisco made.
That's what govobit Habrahabr on this topic

Or port forwarding must be manually done.

Perhaps another thing to configure NAT on the listadvanced Setup .
At the moment there is no access to, I can not browse the web face all modem settings that may affect the case.

Post has been editedPADlabs - 21.02.16, 20:50

Rep: (0)
Hello. Prompt, whether it is possible in the settings of the router to limit the speed of one of the consumers? A computer connected to the cable port on my laptop via Wi-Fi, when the neighbor turns on his computer, I ping checking 600-700 ms and the speed drops to almost zero. Completely disable the neighbor can not ... Please help: girl_cray:

Rep: (56)
* SOVA91,
the speed limit on this modem will not work

* SOVA91,
author, this router is deprived of the speed limit settings for users

the speed drops to zero?
means he has a lot of torrents or something like that run forever

Ruby this asshole nafig if words do not understand Russian
I personally would have done so, if a person is inadequate

it swing on the computer programs necessary to set a limit on the number of flows and the speed limit
student days themselves through these things took place, and there the person should make it clear if you share one Internet - both can not be done

Post has been editedPADlabs - 09.03.16, 19:52

People, help restore w8951 nd. after unsuccessful flashing, lit only power indicator. when connected to Ian, nothing happens. If you hold the reset button and turn, it is connected to a computer, but nothing more. No web interface, nothing at all. what to do? Is it possible to recover without a hardware programmer?

Rep: (0)
All beaver, people need your help
1 Decided to flash the modem, because the factory is already buggy, constant rebooting, etc., etc.
2 Download the firmware itself off.sayta and saved on drive C: \
3 Save the settings of the Internet through the modem itself, well, or through the modem settings
4 did reset
4 added firmware and flashed
5 like asking restored setting, but the modem does not accept these settings, I mean prishet "Like modem settings are not taken."
6 Internet LED (the world icon) does not light up
7. used another modem without Wi fi, everything exactly, everything is fine
What will we do? how to be? whether it is possible to reduce the firmware? or have a modem in a landfill?
By the way the modem itself version 5

Rep: (27)
* nursik1992,
Symptoms flashing the wrong version of firmware. Such happened and I now simply gather dust. Recovery methods not found

Rep: (1)
A few days ago bought a router TD-W8961N, before that was an ordinary modem connected to the router by wire modem, wifi gives, but no Internet. Help me please!

* LegassXXX,
without programmer chances are almost zero ...

* a11azan,
programming as a way to recover, while others can not be considered as 100% capable of restoring

* Pudger,
TD-W8961N - this is also a modem, tell me, what is the difficulty?
no wonder it does not work, there must login / password to drive and VPI / VCI register (usually can be found in the old modem)

* nursik1992,
no wonder, the other in the new firmware configuration file syntax - so he can not read everything and restore
I'm usually in such situations did so - picked up a smartphone, alternately opened all the settings of the old modem / router and photographed
and then in the new scoring them manually

and yet, I hope you poured into it is the version of the firmware for the hardware version of your modem is
if yes - no and no problems

why just the modem in a landfill? )))
Manual score settings, save / reboot, and everything should work

Post has been editedPADlabs - 09.04.16, 21:36

Rep: (3)
Is it possible to reconfigure it to one of lan ports van port (which would receive dynamic configuration of ezernet provider)?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/04/20, 6:35