Asus EeePC - Discussion | [netbook] 700,701,900,901: tuning, modding, overclocking

Rep: (609)
Discussion Asus EeePC
700 / 701 / 900 / 901
Discussion | Windows 7 пїЅ | Linux on UEFI пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | Ambulance TabletPC owners пїЅ

Attached Image

FAQ

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Description
Specifications
Attached Image

ASUS Eee PC 701 (900) is an ultra-portable notebook. It was developed by ASUSTeK together with Intel on the basis of Intel's Classmate PC project, but unlike it, it is designed for the consumer market. This computer has a traditional laptop design in the form of a folding book, with a touchpad and a full QWERTY-keyboard. All this is combined with portability, low price, relatively high speed, intuitive and easy operation.
The original notebook label is “Eee PC 701”, it indicates the screen size in inches (i.e., about 7 inches). The laptop has several official options: Eee PC 8G, 4G, 4G Surf and 2G Surf.
Drivers
Reviews
Useful

Post has been editedNik2001Nik3006 - 24.09.17, 15:05

Rep: (123)
mur-mur-meow @ 10/21/07 7:37:58 PM
The laptop is quite poor, the keyboard is 55-button, the price is not small, in the younger version there is a catastrophic lack of memory, 4GB - Windows, what remains is scary to write

_http://itc.ua/node/30544

Rep: (70)
Outcast-d.o.b ,
is it also a semi-finished product? :)

Rep: (155)
Mac OS X Leopard on Asus EEE Pc-possible!
Here is a description of how to do it.http://habrahabr.ru/blog/eeepc/30497.html
I did not check it myself, there is no EEE RS.

Rep: (0)
better asus r2hv

Rep: (3)
Better-no-better determines the market. Something I do not see the massive announcement of the sale on the forums. In short, I bought friends in Riga. Model 4GB 701, 512MB. Memory immediately replaced with 1 GB Kingston 800 MHz, got up without glitches. Played a couple of days with Hanroz-put Windu, just beech is needed for business. Prior to this device, there were other beeches and PDAs. What I DON'T LOVED in the standby mode (with the lid closed) really puts the battery in about a night. About three years ago I had an iBook G3, it was much more thrifty. What is LOVED! Display-correct colors, bright, good viewing angles. Keyboard and touchpad-great! A battery or two films with sound from the SDHC card. USB has a good voltage, external HDD wound up without external power supply (and had problems with other beeches) BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT is fast, it takes half a minute to load the system and instantly open programs and documents.

Rep: (70)
Bobos ,
they are still not enough on hand to sell massively

Rep: (10)
A comrade a week ago, participating in a conference on open source software in Moscow, was present at the Russian presentation of sabzh and poyuzal it a bit - says "lags, they self-wisely somehow crookedly assembled the linux". info on the device and photos, see:Watch the docks (300Kb)
On the idea of ​​HP, he must quickly pull everyone (with 512+ RAM and SSD)

Rep: (3)
Pulls, not the word! Due to the inertia-free SSD, an illusion of a powerful and fast device is created.

Rep: (20)
wow, how do I want this devaysina .... no trouble ash =) I will order the surf through ebay ...

Rep: (16)
In Ukraine, I have not yet met them, either on the Internet or in stores. If I had, I would have bought it right away. It hurts like a handsome and attractive price. Would rather go out already ... :)

Rep: (10)
Rate:http://itnews.com.ua/38423.html
This is already interesting ...: dancer:

Rep: (16)
... damn, and when to wait for them in Ukraine ?! O.o

Post has been editedKalos - 04.03.08, 20:44

Rep: (102)
In late March, should appear in the network "Eldorado" at a price of 10,000 rubles. Officially and preloaded with XP. We wait.

Rep: (12)
ripper2k, 3/6/08 3:40:29
In late March, should appear in the network "Eldorado" at a price of 10,000 rubles. Officially and preloaded with XP. We wait.

from infa? from official Eldorado sources?

Rep: (13)
Article from 3DNews.ru

The ASUS Eee PC subnotebook will soon be available, finally, to Russian users. Not so long ago, we reported on the offer from Linux Center, but the long-awaited novelty to the Eldorado chain of stores will arrive even earlier, approximately on March 23.

Pre-order can be issued in the online store Eldorado. So far, as already noted, only a model with a 4-GB drive will be available. In Eldorado, the price of Eee PC 4G will be 10 thousand rubles (more than $ 400), which is cheaper than the previously expected 12 thousand rubles.

The main characteristics of ASUS Eee PC 701 (EEEPC4G / 701 / 1BLK / RU):

Black colour;
Windows XP operating system;
Screen: 7-inch, widescreen, resolution 800x480 pixels;
Intel processor clocked at 900 MHz;
Integrated graphics Intel GMA 900;
DDR2-400 memory with a capacity of 512 MB;
SSD-drive with a capacity of 4 GB;
5.1-channel audio subsystem, microphone, stereo speakers;
Memory card reader, Wi-Fi, USB adapter;
10/100 Mbps Ethernet controller, modem (V.90 support);
Built-in 0.3-megapixel camera;
Dimensions: 16.4 x22.5 x2.15-3.5 mm;
Weight: 0.92 kg.

Rep: (102)
Official sources confirm the information. At least in St. Petersburg.

Rep: (20)
Oh, cool !!!! It will be possible to use it as CarPC! Connect a touch monitor to it, set up a prog and go on !!!! Hachu !!!!!!!

Rep: (0)
El Dorado
Soon the long-awaited EEE pc 701 will go on sale for the price of 9999 rubles! but now you can place a preliminary order on our website!

The ultra-portable Asus eee PC 701 is the first representative of the class of low-cost mini-notebooks. It is designed to solve the main tasks needed by most consumers: working in office applications, watching movies, preprocessing photos, and extensive work opportunities on the Internet.

The Asus eee PC 701 is equipped with a high-quality 7-inch screen, and 4GB of flash-memory replaces the hard drive, thanks to which manufacturers were able to achieve such a compact size and such a small weight of the device.

Such a kid will be to the taste of everyone - he is made in an attractive design, it is easy to take with you, because, due to its compact size, it easily fits in a bag or backpack, besides, the eeePC weighs less than 1 kg.

Laptop Asus eeePC 701 will be your indispensable little helper in the classroom or on business trips, as well as the perfect companion on daily trips or long journeys.

Asus eeePC - easy to learn, easy to work, easy to play!

ASUS laptop
Model: Eee Pc 701 (EEEPC4G / 701 / 1BLK / RU)

taken from the Eldorado website ... clarification of the previous post

Post has been editedRaul49406 - 11.03.08, 18:23

Rep: (1)
Eeee ... under the human browser, I, in fact, mean IE because the menagerie and the theater are the crafts of Satan and it’s impossible to use a normal healthy person in principle.

sobbed
Anyone who is more or less knowledgeable in computers will prefer to install his own rolled-up and tested distributor axis. (And not to watch this clowning with screaming wasps and buggy software from the manufacturer)

and that's why we put linux

by sabzh: nuna look it in our city, I want to see live because it is very interesting

Rep: (2)
So, brought the Russian from Eldorado. The courier said that he was hanging out in the luggage compartment, so he didn’t immediately cut it, now he is warming up.
Comes immediately with Windows (xp home). In place of the modem stub. 4g is black, not surf. Akkum on 4400: (That's all for now.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/19/19 21:27