MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini - Discussion | [wifirouter]

Rep: (1302)
Xiaomi Mi Router Mini - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi nano пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi mini firmware пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In addition to mini, there is a nano version, a separate topic has been created for it. here , when ordering from China, be careful, it happens that sellers give it for mini. The difference in price is almost one-third.
  • Please note that the subject is often confused with the nano version. All that is sold cheaper is either a BU, or a youth version or a nano. Be carefull.
    At the moment, no fakes have been identified.
  • To switch to English, you need to change the region in the wifi settings and update the firmware.
  • For those who have a problem with speed.
  • >>OLD CAP

One more photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU MT7620A 580MHz;
  • ROM: 16MB SPI Flash;
  • RAM: 128MB DDR2;
  • No built-in HDD (you can connect via USB external);
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External dual-band non-directional antenna - 2 pcs.

Reviews
Useful
1. Is there a Russian firmware in the router?
No, and in the near future will not.
You can put the crack through the plugin for the browser.
2. Is there a problem with the router?
There are some bad friends with l2tp beeline, you can drive an ip address instead of a server, or try connecting without l2tp, in some regions it is already available.
3. Is there a custom firmware?
Yes, see the firmware theme.
Often reset settings due to poor nutrition?
If you have a soldering iron, you can trythis way.

Past polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the button. A COMPLAINT under communications.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 09:00
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (178)
* unkn0wnpp, either transfer the lokalka of the "external" router to another subnet, or put the mini on another subnet. Then everything will work. And now he has such a situation: He knows that the subnet 192.168.1.0/24 is on his LAN, by dhtsp from the "external" router he receives the following: "your default gateway is at the address 192.168.1.1". In the end, he thinks that the gateway, i.e. "external" router in his LAN, and tries to contact him there. Or if there is no desire to change the subnet, but it is possible to pick up on ssh, then drive the route to the gateway with your hands. In this situation, after a reboot, the route will be lost.
ifconfig - list of interfaces, we are looking for an interface with the address 192.168.1.10 there, maybe it’s just called wan
route add -host 192.168.1.1 dev interface

P.S. and about port forwarding, the best option would be to put a mini in the DMZ of the first router, if it supports it, and configure port forwarding on the mini already. Although if the mini can work in bridge mode (I do not know if this is so), then you can use this. The device in this mode will "unite" its WAN and LAN, and it will stupidly forward packets back and forth without filtering them at all.

Post has been editedTrackscream - 08.10.14, 20:58

Rep: (33)
TrackScream @ 10/08/2014, 11:43 PM*
... DMZ of the first router ...

In the evening I’ll try, unsubscribe what and how it turned out - I even somehow forgot about DMZ on the external router, it seemed to be there, but with different subnets - on the contrary, I registered them all from the same grid so that I could see, I thought it would be more correct :)
There is no point in messing around with ssh routes, if you register it for permanent use, as usual in the web-face, then it’s understandable, that's why I complain about the absence of such an item :)
To transfer to different subnets is not a problem - but how then to make each other see from different subnets, or from a laptop - an external router? Again, without prescribing routes, I can not imagine it very much ..

UPD: everything is fine :) setting DMZ on an external router, port forwarding earned, distributed on different subnets - the Internet appeared on the mini itself, registered a permanent route on the laptop - now the external terminal is visible from the inside of the network.

Post has been editedunkn0wnpp - 09.10.14, 09:50

Rep: (0)
Hello.
I received this device yesterday, configured the Internet from the provider and wifi, updated the firmware to the latest stable 0.5.8. It works fine, but there are questions.
How to share a connected external drive via samba? Judging by the forum, the people somehow do it, but I did not find anything similar in my web face.
Do I need to upgrade to the developer version for this? I tried to flash the latest unstable version (0.5.44 it seems) from the web interface, but at the beginning of the process I got an error "File checksum failure". Downloaded directly from www.miwifi.com, tried 2 times with different rocking chairs - the result is the same. Has anyone come across this? How to reflash it with your hands?

Rep: (18)
I connected the Internet (I used to work as a repeater, the freebie ended). I decided to configure the router
I get to the settings and that's it, the network disappears, then it appears, but the same name but with 2 at the end. The indicator on the router is blue. What am i doing wrong
Does not go further
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
Ega1978 @ 10.10.2014, 13:30*
Hello.
I received this device yesterday, configured the Internet from the provider and wifi, updated the firmware to the latest stable 0.5.8. It works fine, but there are questions.
How to share a connected external drive via samba? Judging by the forum, the people somehow do it, but I did not find anything similar in my web face.
Do I need to upgrade to the developer version for this? I tried to flash the latest unstable version (0.5.44 it seems) from the web interface, but at the beginning of the process I got an error "File checksum failure". Downloaded directly from www.miwifi.com, tried 2 times with different rocking chairs - the result is the same. Has anyone come across this? How to reflash it with your hands?

A hard drive will appear in the network environment, not a word in the web face, there is no word about samba.
Something 2 weeks already without updates, strange.

M
4.19. Forbidden abuse of quoting (overquoting, overquoting).

Post has been editedctich - 13.10.14, 11:58

Rep: (13)
Comrades, such a question. How to get SSH on MiWiFi Mini? On Xiaoimi MiWiFi 1TB received SSH, however, the same .bin file for Xiaomi MiWiFi Mini does not work, and how to get a new one on the same Xiaomi account is not clear. Can someone tell me?

Post has been editedVlRUS - 16.10.14, 16:03

Comrades, such a question. How to get SSH on MiWiFi Mini?

But it looks like nothing. You downloaded miwifi_ssh.bin from www.miwifi.com, Open - for big miwifi>Ssh tool, right? I do not have a big device, only millet mini. When I try to follow this path, nothing sways at all - I see my device in the list on the ssh tool page, I click on the download link, I confirm and I get a message that I have no connected devices. From this we conclude - miwifi_ssh.bin for mini is not supported.
I rummaged through the entire Chinese Internet - I did not find another way. I wanted to put Open WRT PandoraBox - without ssh in any way. In general, this Chinese, to put it mildly, crafts for me is not worth the money spent.
If anyone knows how to overcome ssh or change firmware without it, you are welcome to share.

Brain_008 @ 09/12/2014, 10:13*
Some new information. The torrent client in our router is rather slow, I have about 1 mb / s shaking, although I should have about 7. We need to figure out why.

Where is this torrent client located? Applications for android offers to download only magnet links, but where to get these links, I honestly do not understand, for example, where to get this linkto this fileWITH
By the way, did you manage to solve the problem of low speed? My also downloads from 100 kb / s to 900, and should 4 mb
Today, at the time of the download, I pulled out the network cable and everything was reset, the download did not recover and the downloaded files were deleted. It turns out at any loss of a network I will lose everything that sways?

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 19.10.14, 13:22

I go from the android application, I see the files on the hard drive, but I can’t open it, writes that this operation cannot be performed remotely

Rep: (5)
2 days of continuous operation - normal flight =)
PPPoE without compression with the CHAP check method;)
Attached Image

Like a router with an interface - only Chinese?
Does two reinforced concrete walls break through?
And is there a "guest network" setting?

Post has been editedtif - 20.10.14, 19:44
Reason for editing: additive

Rep: (1)
Gentlemen, what do you say?
Is the device suitable?

Rep: (36)
* Storm242, It has been working for a month without reboots, everything seems to be fine. The application on the phone is very convenient, you can see who is sitting in Wi-Fi, climb on the connected screw, update the firmware, etc. In general, I do not see analogues for the same money.

brain_008
What is your type of connection to the provider and the speed on the tariff?

Post has been editedtif - 21.10.14, 08:08

* brain_008,

Does it cut speed?

* tif,
* Storm242, type of connection, auto ip from the provider, I do not know what is called. Speed ​​55mbit / s. On the computer it doesn’t cut exactly, on the phone I don’t know, everything flies. In the evening I will run a speed test if I do not forget.

* brain_008,
If it’s not difficult, can you take a screenshot of the speed test behind the wall?

Post has been editedStorm242 - 21.10.14, 17:02

Brain_008 @ 10.21.2014, 09:04*
climb on the connected screw, update firmware, etc.

I’ll fix it on the screw too, but nothing opens — it opens only if the phone is connected through the router itself .... and it sees all the files, but they don’t open
Regarding the firmware, I have an update only of the application itself, and where is the update point of the router
How is it with the torrent jump
Using the application, it downloads only the link magent - the speed is very small, average 200 kb sec

Rep: (364)
Tell me, is it possible to connect an LTE modem to it so that it distributes Internet from it?

Here are the speed tests for 4 signal stick options. I’m just now in a wooden house, and the walls are accordingly wooden)
4 sticks
Attached Image

3 sticks
Attached Image

2 sticks
Attached Image

1 stick
Attached Image

Regarding the application, the router updates in the same place as the application updates, at the bottom left of the left panel. Torrent downloads a maximum of 1mb / s. Hard files, as far as I remember, can be downloaded from anywhere, and opening is supposedly streaming playback, it is possible only from the native network.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/10/19, 18:58