MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini - Discussion | [wifirouter]

Rep: (1301)
Xiaomi Mi Router Mini - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi nano пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi mini firmware пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In addition to mini, there is a nano version, a separate topic has been created for it. here , when ordering from China, be careful, it happens that sellers give it for mini. The difference in price is almost one-third.
  • Please note that the subject is often confused with the nano version. All that is sold cheaper is either a BU, or a youth version or a nano. Be carefull.
    At the moment, no fakes have been identified.
  • To switch to English, you need to change the region in the wifi settings and update the firmware.
  • For those who have a problem with speed.
  • >>OLD CAP

One more photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU MT7620A 580MHz;
  • ROM: 16MB SPI Flash;
  • RAM: 128MB DDR2;
  • No built-in HDD (you can connect via USB external);
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External dual-band non-directional antenna - 2 pcs.

Reviews
Useful
1. Is there a Russian firmware in the router?
No, and in the near future will not.
You can put the crack through the plugin for the browser.
2. Is there a problem with the router?
There are some bad friends with l2tp beeline, you can drive an ip address instead of a server, or try connecting without l2tp, in some regions it is already available.
3. Is there a custom firmware?
Yes, see the firmware theme.
Often reset settings due to poor nutrition?
If you have a soldering iron, you can trythis way.

Past polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the button. A COMPLAINT under communications.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 09:00
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (36)
* izCheboksar,
Here are the chrome-translated settings pages.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedctich21 - 08.09.14, 22:42
Reason for editing: spoiler

Rep: (32)
I read somewhere in the discussions that he is not friendly with md5 encryption for "home MTC-Internet" and I need to put OpenWRT on it in order to use this functionality. The question is how and when?

Rep: (18)
brain_008 @ 09/08/2014, 23:33*

I finally see how stupid ... how to go to start on the first page in your screenshot?
The first time it seemed to connect, then I went to the Chinese site, there was the only button-it and clicked, after that a lot of hieroglyphs came out, but at the top of the gibberish page, but in green and with a check mark, everything is OK
After that, the computer stopped connecting to the router, or rather, it now requires that I take the pin from the router, which pin
I'm already starting to regret the purchase, the usual d link in 2 accounts is connected, and with this .....
Guys, help me figure it out, the second evening is already muddle
P.S. while the cable is not connected, I want to configure in repeater mode

* izCheboksar,
The password for entering the router is the Wi-Fi password.
Then the main menu of the router will open, there in the upper left corner go to the settings, then click on the second to the left icon (round), there will be connection settings.

I decided to form a small report on the router.
Appearance: excellent, as always with xiomi, standard box made of cardboard, everything neatly lies. In the box there is a router, power supply and instruction in Chinese.
The lights of the activity of the cable inputs, by the way, are located near the corresponding ports, which is very convenient for those who have a router in sight, and do not want to look at the garland. In front, only a light showing the current state of the router: orange - something is wrong, blue - everything is ok.
Setting: everything is not so clear for me. At first everything seemed to be set up and everything worked, then for some reason the light bulb lit up red and the router didn’t react to anything. I pressed the reset from behind, again tried to adjust, I didn’t want to work in any way. I did not change anything in the settings, he earned it, some kind of miracle. The day before yesterday the lights were turned off when the network icons were turned on constantly on the computer, and the Internet worked, although it was dull, and Wi-Fi only 5ghz worked. Yesterday I came home, there was no light again, when they gave it, it does not work again, it rebooted, everything is ok. At night, I already went to his web via his phone and put 2 applications from the xiomi site, he began to bewilder again.
In general, in the end, I can’t understand what he doesn’t like, reboots, calling on him from the application, calling from the phone to the web, the muzzle or in general Russia) I’ll try not to touch him at all and see how he behaves.
Speed ​​and reception: I have a 60mbit rate, torrents through this router on the computer cable shakes up to 11mb / s, that is, it does not seem to cut the speed. A laptop on the street, about 25 meters away from the router (I'm on the 2nd floor) also pumps the same way. The 5ghz net catches within my room (zte z5s mini). The size of the room here, I think, will not greatly influence, 5 bad wall punches. 2.4 catches throughout the apartment well.
The result is a wonderful router for little money. It remains only to figure out why he sometimes tupit me, but I do not think that this is a massive school. It remains now only to check the torrent jump on yusb, but I did not find the torrent client in the settings, I probably need an application.

brain_008 @ 09.09.2014, 09:23*
The password for entering the router is the Wi-Fi password

So I don’t have any password yet (the computer writes that I took the PIN code from the router itself), I’m telling you, the router is turned on only in the power grid, I want to configure it in the relay mode .... and what password can I have if I am the first Once I connect, the password is just when connected in the settings
Lit blue, but neither from the phone nor from the computer I cannot enter the settings

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 09.09.14, 09:37

* izCheboksar, When you turn it on on the start screen, it asks you to enter a password, which will then be the password for the router and the password for wi-fi. For the first time, there is a wai-fay icon right there when it is turned on, and then there will be just a string for entering the password.
You can try to reset the settings of the router, click the button on the back and re-enter the password.

Post has been editedbrain_008 - 09.09.14, 09:56

brain_008 @ 09/08/2014, 23:33*

And how does your chrome without an Internet translate-in the end got this router already.
Without Ineta, of course, it does not translate, but it costs an Internet connection-crashes from the web of the muzzle
Maybe someone translated screens will share where to go in order to configure the repeater mode of another router
And yet, the phone (mi2s) categorically refuses to connect to the router, writes authentification, and after a couple of attempts it is reset-the laptop and the mipad are normally connected

* izCheboksar, Chrome translates from the Internet, I already set it up. And first poked in Chinese, the basic settings are less intuitively located.
And the repeater mode is probably under the poppy address (mode switching), the last screen, in my opinion. If it does not burn, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will get to the house, I will see.
Attached Image

Post has been editedctich21 - 09.09.14, 23:32
Reason for editing: spoiler

brain_008 @ 09/10/2014, 23:43*
throw screenshots

I can not save changes, climbs Chinese, hangs and does not dress anywhere, if you click back, then after that it does not connect to routers. settings (took from the router, from which it is necessary to broadcast) appears Chinese, and then just restart the router
screen

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 11.09.14, 20:53

* izCheboksar, And what is the firmware of the router? I just updated right away, maybe there is no relay in 1.

Rep: (16)
and this wifi will pull movies on TV or online games?
Internet speed doesn't cut?

* Sirius-K, Tomorrow I have to pick up the mybox, I just wanted to pull on it the video from the hard drive connected to the router. If there is time to adjust everything, I will tell you tomorrow.

brain_008 @ 09/12/2014, 09:42*
If there is time to adjust everything, I will tell you tomorrow.

I hope also in pictures, I myself am waiting for my boxing, but he has not even flown out of China yet

* izCheboksar, Well, in the subject of boxing, I definitely saw the instructions in the pictures on rutting and installing gapps. Well, I want to put XBMC on it.

Some new information. The torrent client in our router is rather slow, I have about 1 mb / s shaking, although I should have about 7. We need to figure out why.

Rep: (0)
Here are the official website connectors

2 pcs. 10 / 100Mb LAN (Auto MDI / MDIX)
http://www.mi.com/miwifimini#param

Owners confirm or refill, if the ports are only 100, then it's sad, with such a brisk Wi-Fi and chopped off Lan?

brain_008 @ 09/11/2014, 10:21*
I just updated right away, maybe there is no relay in 1.

Thank you, updated — the repeaters mode item appeared. But now how to enter the router itself, when the Internet is working, the web does not enter the web, but goes to the site itself. The android application writes that there is no connection to the router, although the Internet works through it. in the settings, is it possible to control it remotely, for example, go to work to the router and start the torrent download.

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 13.09.14, 19:07

* izCheboksar, glad everything worked out. I go through the application, for the first time I need to go through the wifi itself and add an xiomi account, then you can go anywhere. Web muzzle at 192.168.31.1 like

brain_008 @ 09/13/2014, 20:15*
Web face at 192.168.31.1

Doesn’t enter, web page is not available

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 14.09.14, 09:42

Rep: (13)
Greetings to all!
Guys, help please! It’s not entirely clear what the difference between this device and
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router
Besides the presence or absence of hdd, is there no other difference?
I read the review on the trunk about a competitor. They wrote about the high temperature in the work and the high probability of overheating. Does the subject have such a disease?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/01/19, 20:35