MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini - Discussion | [wifirouter]

Rep: (1302)
Xiaomi Mi Router Mini - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi nano пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi mini firmware пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Forum Rules | How to clean the image under the spoiler

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In addition to mini, there is a nano version, a separate topic has been created for it. here , when ordering from China, be careful, it happens that sellers give it for mini. The difference in price is almost one-third.
  • Please note that the subject is often confused with the nano version. All that is sold cheaper is either a BU, or a youth version or a nano. Be carefull.
    At the moment, no fakes have been identified.
  • To switch to English, you need to change the region in the wifi settings and update the firmware.
  • For those who have a problem with speed.
  • >>OLD CAP

One more photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU MT7620A 580MHz;
  • ROM: 16MB SPI Flash;
  • RAM: 128MB DDR2;
  • No built-in HDD (you can connect via USB external);
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External dual-band non-directional antenna - 2 pcs.

Reviews
Useful
1. Is there a Russian firmware in the router?
No, and in the near future will not.
You can put the crack through the plugin for the browser.
2. Is there a problem with the router?
There are some bad friends with l2tp beeline, you can drive an ip address instead of a server, or try connecting without l2tp, in some regions it is already available.
3. Is there a custom firmware?
Yes, see the firmware theme.
Often reset settings due to poor nutrition?
If you have a soldering iron, you can trythis way.

Past polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the button. A COMPLAINT under communications.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 09:00
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (178)
EuGenEr @ 08/19/2014, 10:05*
The most interesting thing is whether in Mini the speed of writing / reading of the hard will be commensurate with the current version.

90% chance not. Our hardware has its own SATA controller and an internal connector that is appropriate, which allows us to achieve speeds up to 6 Gbit / s (not sure there is SATA 3G or 6G) with the support of the equipment; USB itself does not know how to speed.

Rep: (18)
I also ordered the 19th, 42 bucks came out, that is, it is a half as expensive as the official, to be honest, I never overpaid
TrackScream @ 08/19/2014, 11:17*
equipment support to reach speeds up to 6 Gbit / s

and the meaning of this speed, if the maximum is transmitted anyway
5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 867 Mbit / s )

Posted on 08/21/2014 07:12:

Support smart home control.
Now you can trust the router to control all the equipment in the house (air handling unit, TV, lighting).

Does he have an infrared chtoli?

Rep: (148)
Chinese disassembly review Xiaomi Mi router miniHERE!

Rep: (0)
What is the difference with a big fellow? What features do you take for yourself?

Rep: (15)
finally got a reviewertyts
Zmicer_Berasce
small, beautiful, cheap, 2.4 + 5 GHz, 802.11ac, usb port (ala type NAS), simply because xiaomi;) I hope with a good signal, breaking through a pair of walls (dlink 826l does not break through). Ischo not ordered, waiting for black and reviews ...

Post has been editedsubora - 27.08.14, 14:51

Rep: (441)
The speed of the external HDD from the review from the Chinese
Attached Image

those. about 7-8 MB.

on the version with internal HDD - up to 50 jumps from me.

Rep: (36)
* Advoc @ te, Well, there is an announcement of a group purchase, maybe a little cheaper http://groupb.ru/actuall/xiaomi/xmini.html

Rep: (8)
Tell me, are the gigabit or 100-megabit LAN ports?

Rep: (5)
Berserker_s @ 09/04/2014, 10:01*
Tell me, are the gigabit or 100-megabit LAN ports?

Here are the official website connectors

2 pcs. 10 / 100Mb LAN (Auto MDI / MDIX)
http://www.mi.com/miwifimini#param

Rep: (4)
Lightvik @ 08.27.2014, 17:32*
The speed of the external HDD from the review from the Chinese
those. about 7-8 MB.

The context says: “This is the speed of the wireless network transmission. If so, then I find the speed of the wired network back faster.
"
So everything is ambiguous;)

Today I received this miracle from heaven, there were questions
1 how to set it up
1.1 to work in repeater mode
1.2 worked in the modem mode, that is, with the LAN port distributed the Internet
2 Are Xiaomi Mi-router firmwares suitable?
Probably so far everything, for a start, at least connect this device

* izCheboksar, firmware from the "big brother" will not work. Mi Router does not know the repeater mode, I think that in mini it is not. The Internet will be heard if the cord of the provider (or from the LAN of another router) is plugged into the WAN, if you plug the cord from another router into the LAN Mi WiFi nothing good will come of it. And one more note from myself: while routers from the Chinese do not work well with many Russian providers that distribute the Internet via PPPoE or L2TP. Usually, our providers do not use encryption and compression of traffic, and any authorization method other than chap is dropped to the heap. At least Mi WiFi when setting up PPPoE tries to require compression from the server, which leads to the inability to connect.

TrackScream @ 09/06/2014, 14:28*
i Router does not know how to repeater

It is a pity, to be honest, I hoped that I could normally relay a signal from a neighbor throughout the apartment, since I only catch it well in the far side of the apartment
TrackScream @ 09/06/2014, 14:28*
When setting up PPPoE, Mi WiFi tries to require compression from the server, which makes it impossible to connect.
I am not strong in networks, an ordinary user, if the first option does not roll, dragging the cable to the router, how can I set it up, so that I distribute the hut; connected to it, can the torrent use the same screw using purely router means ...
Thank you in advance

* izCheboksar, I did not even hold the mini version in my hands, therefore I am not familiar with the interface. For starters, I can suggest taking a LAN cable from another router connected to the Internet, plugging it into Xiaomi WAN and surfing the web via Chrome using the translation function (translate into English, it will not be clear in Russian at all). Thus, it will be possible to at least superficially familiarize yourself with the device’s functionality and understand which way to dig the settings. The screw in theory should be mounted automatically by the router and become available as a regular resource in a networked Windows environment. Or you can try typing in the address period of Windows Explorer
\\192.168.31.1
(IP address of the router with two back slashes at the beginning)

and press Enter. A list of all resources on the router should open. Perhaps in the router, you first need to configure the screw sharing on the network.

Rep: (751)
TrackScream @ 09/06/2014, 13:28*
Mi Router does not know how to repeater mode, I think that it does not exist in the mini.

How then to understand this paragraph from the cap?
New opportunities
Repeater. A simple switch puts the router into repeater mode, and now you will no longer have "dead zones". Just switch it - no cables or complicated settings are needed.

TrackScream @ 09/06/2014, 15:35*
walk around the web through Chrome

what a web muzzle? what is it?

Rep: (36)
what a web muzzle? what is it?
at miwifi.com there are all the settings of the router.

* Kollin Yes, I'm sorry, I was wrong. Repeater mode is still available. Read more here: Google translation.

Rep: (5)
I ordered this device, and here it turns out that pppoe is not friendly without compression ... arrived ... Unsubscribe from someone already on hand, is that true ??? PPC bought a router ...

at miwifi.com there all the settings of the router

And you can where to click in pictures, offers it, but I don’t have a clue where the settings in this “web muzzle” are;
I try to go through the mobile to the router, it comes to authentication and is reset.
The settings are all automatic.

Post has been editedizCheboksar - 08.09.14, 22:23

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/15/19, 18:40