What is LogCat and how to use it? | All versions of Android.

Rep: (1242)
What is LogCat and how to use it?

Many Android owners want to have a system customized for themselves, with their design, but not everyone can do it the first time and have to do everything again without knowing the reason, because the reason may be the most elementary: you forgot to add a file, you made a mistake in some accidentally added an extra character, and if you did follow a large instruction for several hours or days (because of such complexity, you rarely have time or you didn’t understand how you should have done at that time), but your application did not work, how to be then?
There is one solution, use the system log - LogCat.
It is not very difficult to use it and it is done easily, for a start we need to download the ADB program, you can download it -here. Unpack the downloaded archive into the folder C: / adb. Open the command line and write
cd C: / adb
. Then we turn on USB debugging on the phone and connect the phone to the computer.
In the command line we write:
adb logcat ->logcat.txt
and open your idle application, if it is a status bar, then we wait when it gives an error. In the folder C: / adb will lie logcat.txt, you are debugging it here or send it to the person who asked you, waiting for an answer.

P.S. The topic was specially created in order not to describe all the time and explain what to do.

Post has been editedWinkarbik - 14.08.14, 16:00

Rep: (3616)
The topic was specially created in order not to describe all the time and explain what to do.

There is a topic =ADB and all that can be done with it

There is information about it, but perhaps not so detailed.

It makes sense not to spray on topics, but write there, and ask to add that topic to the header.

Rep: (1242)
* W.Master,
I think a separate topic for this team is better.

Rep: (3616)
* WinKarbik,

in this case, the topic just wallows in the garbage of other topics, that's all.
The same topic is always on top in that section.

Rep: (2798)
* WinKarbik,
I will close your topic and transfer it to the archive. I also propose to listen to the advice above and publish this instruction in the relevant topic, so that the useful information is concentrated in one place.
M
The topic is closed.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.06.19, 02:10