ZyXEL / Keenetic Ultra - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware and stuff

Rep: (1784)
ZyXEL Keenetic Ultra - Discussion
ZyXEL Keenetic 4G | ZyXEL Keenetic | ZyXEL Keenetic II and Keenetic GIGA II - Discussion

Discussion, firmware, problem solving.

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Main features

Access to the Internet and to local provider services on a dedicated line
The Keenetic Ultra Internet Center is designed to access the Internet via a dedicated Ethernet line through providers using any type of connection: VPN (PPTP and L2TP), PPPoE, 802.1X, 802.1Q VLAN, IPv4 / IPv6. ZyXEL Link Duo proprietary technology allows home network computers to simultaneously access both the Internet and local provider services on a single dedicated line.
The MIPSВ® 34KEc 700 MHz processor with a network hardware accelerator and optimized firmware provide the Internet center with a high load capacity for working in file-sharing networks, such as BitTorrent, allowing you to download files at speeds up to 1 Gb / s with any type of connection.

Unlimited IP TV
The hardware-implemented TVport technology makes it possible to receive IPTV channels without loss of quality even when downloading torrents or files at maximum speed via the Internet center. To view IP-TV, you can connect one or more IPTV receivers, a computer and laptops working via Wi-Fi without it to additional devices and settings of the Internet center.
Wi-Fi 802.11n 2.4 and 5 GHz dual-band access point
To share Internet and home networking devices (such as network storage and a printer) from multiple laptops, tablets and smartphones, Keenetic Ultra Internet Center offers two independent Wi-Fi networks: one in the 2.4 GHz frequency band for connecting 802.11 devices g / n at speeds up to 300 Mbps **, the second in the 5 GHz band for connecting 802.11 a / n devices at speeds up to 450 Mbps **. For guest devices, you can turn on a Wi-Fi network intended only for accessing the Internet without access to devices and information on your home network.
Connecting to a wireless network devices that are compatible with the standard WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), for example, laptops with the Microsoft Windows operating system, can be done at the touch of a button on the Internet center.

Home Gigabit Ethernet
The Keenetic Ultra Internet Center is equipped with high-speed Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) network ports. This can significantly reduce the time for transferring data between Gigabit Ethernet devices, for example, when backing up files to network storage or transferring large video files and photo albums.

Multifunctional USB Host
You can connect a 3G / 4G USB modem, a USB storage device, a USB printer to the Internet center, and all users of your wired and wireless home network can access the connected devices. With a USB drive, you can use an FTP ‑ server and a BitTorrent client that allows you to be in a file sharing network 24 hours a day, freeing the computer from this task.

Home network security and secure operation
A firewall with connection control and protection against attacks provides dual protection for your home network from Internet threats. It does not require configuration and prevents unauthorized access to your computers from the outside. Wireless security is guaranteed by using the 802.11i standard with WPA2 security. The ability to establish VPN connections (PPTP, L2TP) allows you to safely connect to the office network and work at home at any convenient time.

Internet with your participation
With the Keenetic Ultra Internet Center, you can implement the most ambitious Internet projects: open access to your home gaming, file or web server for your friends, install a network camera for remote video surveillance, or even open your own Internet radio station. For added convenience, the DynDNS and NO-IP services client is integrated into the Internet center. It will allow you to connect from the Internet to embedded Internet center applications and open home network services using your own domain name, for example my.homeip.net.
The possibility of manual or automatic (via UPnP) port forwarding ensures the full participation of your computers in file-sharing networks, and game consoles - in online games.

Specifications:
Specifications

Design features

5 RJ-45 connectors (1000BASE-T / 100BASE-T / 10BASE-T) with auto cable type detection
2 USB 2.0 Type A connector
3 external omni-directional Wi-Fi antennas (3 dBi)
7 status indicators
Wi-Fi wireless control button
Assignable button (FN)
Power button
Reset Button
Physical parameters

Dimensions - 186 x 120 x 39 mm excluding antennas
Weight - 0.31 kg without power adapter
terms of Use

Operating temperature range: 0 to +40 В° C
Relative humidity: from 20 to 95% non-condensing
Power supply voltage: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
Diagnostics and control

Web configurator in Russian
Command Line (CLI) by TELNET
The ability to control from the external network (web configurator / CLI)
Backup and restore configuration
Software update features
System log
Requirements

Internet access
Computer equipped with an Ethernet network adapter
Equipment

Internet Center Keenetic Ultra
Power adapter
Ethernet cable
Instructions for use
Warranty card
Useful links:
Solving problems with loading the router
http://www.ferra.ru/ru...ic-ultra/#.U3SsHoGSxZI
http://www.ixbt.com/co…l-keenetic-ultra.shtml
http://www.3dnews.ru/775973
http://zoom.cnews.ru/publication/item/46840
http://forum.keenetic.net
Supported 3G and 4G USB Modems
Stable firmware version 2.06.C.2.0-1 dated 02.02.2017
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.08.C.1.0-0 dated 02.24.2017
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.08.C.2.0-0 from 04/17/2017 for Ultra
Stable official firmware version 2.06.C.2.0-4 dated 05.05.2017 for Ultra
Unofficial beta firmware version 2.09.B.0-0-1 from 06/06/2017 for Ultra
Firmware 2.10 for ZyXEL Keenetic Ultra router
Detailed instructions for restoring the service code / serial number
Stable unofficial version of the firmware 2.09.C.0.0-1 from 07/20/2017 for Ultra
Stable official firmware version 2.06.C.2.0-7 from 08/25/2017 for Ultra
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.09.C.1.0-0 from 09/05/2017
Firmware 2.11 for ZyXEL Keenetic Ultra router
Stable official firmware version 2.06.C.3.0-0 from 10/20/2017 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2.09.C.1.0-1 dated 10.19.2017
Unofficial beta firmware version 2.11.B.0.0-0 of 12/28/2017
Firmware 2.12 for ZyXEL Keenetic Ultra router
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.10.C.2.0-4 from 01/15/2018 for Ultra
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.11.C.1.0-3 dated 04.04.2018 for Ultra
Experimental firmware version draft 2.13 for ZyXEL Keenetic Ultra router
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2.12.C.1.0-6 from 09/07/2018 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2.13.C.0.0-0 from 09/21/2018 for Ultra
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.14.C.0.0-4 from 12/26/2018 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of the firmware 2.15.C.2.0-2 from 03/21/2019 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2 .15.C.3.0-0 from 04/01/2019 for Ultra
Stable unofficial firmware version 2 .15.C.3.0-2 dated 04.22.2019 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of the firmware 2.15.C.4.0-1 from 05/16/2019 for Ultra
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2.15.C.5.0-0 from 06/06/2019 for Ultra

When switching to firmware v2.05, you must make a reset to the factory settingsbefore and after firmware, t. v2.05 collected on the new kernel.
COMPLETE build 2.04

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 05.07.19, 11:59
Reason for editing: Stable unofficial firmware version 2.15.C.5.0-0 from 06/06/2019 for Ultra

Rep: (23)
REX9895 @ 12/20/2014, 11:52*
OdinASB, I have a white ip from the biline ..... everything works fine ....

Setting up the IP on the machine?

Rep: (37)
And what was the price of this router this summer?

Rep: (354)
* zhsvsv
About3500-4000rubles

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 24.12.14, 18:12

Rep: (37)
not sickly price changed o.O
7-9 thousand rubles now

* zhsvsv
It has been repeatedly discussed - the depreciation of the ruble.
Well, there are more budget options, the main thing is to know why you get a device and what you want from it.

Rep: (26)
Setting up the IP on the machine?

Yes on the machine .... ip did not ascribe anywhere ..... did everything through the setup wizard ...

* Odinasb
the mood according to the instructions, the link to which I gave you inZyXEL Keenetic Ultra - Discussion (Post # 36635957)

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 24.12.14, 22:34

Rep: (0)
Hello. Help me please. I set up an Internet, everything works fine. I set up DLNA to watch a kintso from a flash drive. On the TV, he finds a media server, but the big films refuse to read. DVD reads that weigh a couple of gigs, but 15 gig HDs do not. Stupidly throws from the media server and all. What could be the problem? Previously, raised the server on a PC, but it is constantly necessary that it be turned on. Everything looked great, there is some kind of incomprehensibility. Waiting for advice): rolleyes:

fonru @ 12.26.2014, 19:56*
Hello. Help me please. I set up an Internet, everything works fine. I set up DLNA to watch a kintso from a flash drive. On the TV, he finds a media server, but the big films refuse to read. DVD reads that weigh a couple of gigs, but 15 gig HDs do not. Stupidly throws from the media server and all. What could be the problem? Previously, raised the server on a PC, but it is constantly necessary that it be turned on. Everything looked great, there is some kind of incomprehensibility. Waiting for advice)

Maybe a problem in FAT32 in which the flash drive is formatted ... Try using a hard disk (formatted in NTFS) with a USB interface. Another problem may be in the speed of USB, but then it should not throw out ... just the brakes start.

I have a subject.
It regularly works with a disk on 1TB. DLNA server on Keenetic and LG Smart Share on a tele over the wire are pretty good friends, 3d movies up to ~ 10 GB are not twitching.
FTP to a disk with a laptop over the air (2.4) about 9 mb / s.

Question.
Has anyone tried to raise a site on this site?

* kppovb
The site is not on every NAS'e enough resources to raise, although the site site is different.
I see no reason to load the device is not a function specific to it.

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 29.12.14, 22:36

Good day!

There is Ultra and modem megaphone 4g. How to determine at what frequency it is currently working, 4g, 3g, 2g? And the level of his signal? In sticks, because the numbers do not understand.

Rep: (21)
Friends, tell me, I'm looking for a router with the "parental control" function, so that you can turn off WiFi on children’s gadgets on schedule. Does this option have a subject? I did not see the site ...

* ser_pon,
There is no such function. There is only parental control visiting specific sites.

Rep: (98)
The first time I decided to try to connect the drive to the router, but he stupidly does not see it and the 32GB flash drive. also. Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

Rep: (24)
The first time I decided to try to connect the drive to the router, but he stupidly does not see it and the 32GB flash drive. also. Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

Today I broke the crystal ball. Guessing the loss does not work. WHAT DOESN'T SEE SPECIFICALLY? In the face of the router disk does not appear? Something else?

Rep: (98)
And on the ultra firmware, the latest one? Second version? Are the components for working with the screw installed?

I connected the firmware when I connected it to the last one. And about the components I do not know ..., but where to take them and where and how to put them?
Shl. Now he connected again and he suddenly appeared ...
Poke your nose at any instruction - how to look at files from a disk, connect torrents, etc. etc.....

Post has been editedrdhjamxo - 17.01.15, 01:12

Rep: (24)
Poke your nose at any instruction - how to look at files from a disk, connect torrents, etc. etc.....

http://zyxel.ru/kb/keyword/ndmthis is a "knowledge base". I hope you will find everything in it: drinks:

Has anyone set up a firewall on Keenetic Ultra? I tried to prohibit port 80 on various interfaces and in general everything ... nefig, anyway, the pages from the Internet were loaded.

Rep: (8)
Has anyone set up a firewall on Keenetic Ultra? I tried to prohibit port 80 on various interfaces and in general everything ... nefig, anyway, the pages from the Internet were loaded.

I use this mechanism to block websites of online toys for children, for educational purposes ...

My question is more complicated! Is it possible to somehow poll zyxel keenetic ultra on telnet so that it shows the current IP connections. Access to the kinetics is through telnet.
It is necessary to take into account how much time (the main goal) and where (in principle, SkyDNS rules here) the child spends on the Internet. Different devices - computer, tablet, smart

in general, you need some kind of analog netstat -a. I want to interrogate the machine with a computer and keep statistics.

Post has been editedeugin_b - 03.02.15, 07:11

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/31/19 12:03