> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

PocketBook InkPad 840

Rep: (3930)
DiscussionPocketBook 840
Discussion | Description

Attached Image

PocketBook 840 Review: High Resolution Reader.
Review PocketBook InkPad 840: the first owner of the eight-inch screen.

PocketBook InkPad 840 Support Page
(Documentation, Firmware, Dictionaries, Book Collections, TTS (Text-to-speech) (Text-to-speech))

Current firmware:
Firmware 5.11 for PocketBook 840
Information about firmware 5.11 for PocketBook 840
Firmware 5.4.101 for PocketBook InkPad
5.4 firmware information for PocketBook InkPad
Change Information
Release Information
Software Version 5.4
Localization of the CIS
Developer Obreey Products
October 27, 2014

Release Information
PocketBook InkPad
Software Version 5.4
- pp. 1 out of 1 -
Implemented by:
1. New Device Interface Design.
Library:
1. Added display of the name and number of the series in the Library in
detailed view.
2. Simplified the process of downloading acsm links in the Library and on the desktop
the table.
3. In the book card, the display of the book number in the series has been added.
Readers:
1. Updated Adobe RMSDK library to version 10.
2. Increased the maximum font size in readers.
Browser:
1. Added the ability to scroll through lists in the Download,
expletive and history.

Firmware 4.4.1279 for PocketBook InkPad

Post has been editedvadeus - 08.12.15, 20:59
Reason for editing: Firmware 5.11

Rep: (3930)
* Sanya pilot,
Try it.

Rep: (0)
Dad likes to read books for 4 years before the hole rubbed the rubber button "forward", the button from the TV remote control was ideally suited for the replacement))).

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedsb_7 - 14.03.19, 09:18

Rep: (26)
updated beta firmware for Inkpad (840), Inkpad2 (840-2)

http: //download.pocket...U840_5.20.462_user.zip
Draft Release Notes document about this update:http: //download.pocket...e_Notes_5.20_draft.pdf

Rep: (58)
* andrey.k.,
The errors of the previous beta seem to have been fixed, but new ones were done. DropBox does not work again, and in the new reader, when setting up fonts, this does not always work and often falls out of the font selection menu.

XL743 @ 04/05/19, 03:48*
The errors of the previous beta seem to have been fixed, but new ones were done. DropBox does not work again, and in the new reader, when setting up fonts, this does not always work and often falls out of the font selection menu

Good day.
How Dropbox does not work: can’t log in or some files are not synchronized? Which device do you have: Inkpad or Inkpad2?
How does it fall out of the font menu? Please send a video for both problems (you can in PM).

* andrey.k.,
Unfortunately, there is no way to shoot a video now, but I will describe the problem in detail.

Device 840-2.

As for DropBox, it is impossible to log in. In Accounts & Sync ->Dropbox ->Login - the DropBox login page appears, I enter the logs and password, a very long pause, after which the message "timed out." Through the Browser - it’s also impossible to enter there. I suspect that because of reCapcha, mention of it is visible on the page, but the browser does not offer the action on reCapcha itself. Most likely, the application (not in the Browser, but in DropBox) also does not work because of this.

Additionally by DropBox: today I tried from a different IP address and a different network - I managed to log into DropBox, and reCapcha is not required from this other IP even in the Browser application. I suspect that the problem will pop up spontaneously for those for whom, for one reason or another, DropBox will require the introduction of reCapcha.

About the font menu. In the new program for reading, I call up the menu for changing fonts (capital letter “A”), then I select my fonts, somewhere in half the cases the font is not selected, the menu closes and just a reading page appears with the same font, as if I just closed font menu. And here it’s not a matter of accuracy, I don’t accidentally click anywhere, the experience with PB has been over 10 years.

Another bug. If you read PDF / DJVU in a new reader and select the "Crop" field cropping mode, then a menu appears where you can move the page borders with your hands, as it was in the old program, however, the problem is that instead of the displayed page in half the cases a gray box is displayed on the page, so you have to move the cropping borders blindly.

If you need any clarification, ask, I will answer.

If I find any more bugs - let me know.

Rep: (76)
* sb_7 , So it seems like a touch screen, why buttons?

Rep: (23)
XL743 @ 04/05/19, 12:16*
Optional by DropBox

read the previous pages regarding dropbox, there are all the answers

Post has been editedfabriek - 05.04.19, 13:35

Rep: (0)
XL743 @ 04/05/19, 13:16*
About the font menu. In the new program for reading, I call up the menu for changing fonts (capital letter “A”), then I select my fonts, somewhere in half the cases the font is not selected, the menu closes and just a reading page appears with the same font, as if I just closed font menu. And here it’s not a matter of accuracy, I don’t accidentally click anywhere, the experience with PB has been over 10 years.

Can you tell what kind of font you are using, where did you download it?

Rep: (76)
Another bug. If you read PDF / DJVU in a new reader and select the "Crop" field cropping mode, then a menu appears where you can move the page borders with your hands, as it was in the old program, however, the problem is that instead of the displayed page in half the cases a gray box is displayed on the page, so you have to move the cropping borders blindly.

Thank you, this is important to me, plus flew away!
Who is so smart that puts all the cons?

Post has been editedvtijr - 05.04.19, 18:10

* fabriek
If it does not bother you, could you tell us more specifically? I know that DropBox changed the authorization method and did not work on PB-840-2 for a long time. But here is just a new beta version of the firmware, which was exactly designed to fix it. Or are you talking about something else?

* _Li_,
The font is not essential. The font selection menu sometimes closes even when you select one of the built-in fonts. Moreover, the next time you try, you usually manage to select the same font. This happens regardless of which font I want to choose.

XL743 @ 04/05/19, 16:04*
If it does not bother you, could you tell us more specifically? I know that DropBox changed the authorization method and did not work on PB-840-2 for a long time. But here is just a new beta version of the firmware, which was exactly designed to fix it. Or are you talking about something else?

Firmware with corrections has not yet been released, with respect to beta, many put and refused back, you need to wait when it arrives by wifi

Post has been editedfabriek - 05.04.19, 16:48

Fabriek @ 04/05/19, 16:48*
need to wait when it arrives by wifi

That is yes. But this is only one of the approaches - to wait for it to arrive. Another is to inform developers of existing issues in the beta so that they fix them for release. I already applied the first approach, because now I want to try the second.

As for DropBox, it is impossible to log in. In Accounts & Sync ->Dropbox ->Login - the DropBox login page appears, I enter the logs and password, a very long pause, after which the message "timed out." Through the Browser - it’s also impossible to enter there. I suspect that because of reCapcha, mention of it is visible on the page, but the browser does not offer the action on reCapcha itself. Most likely, the application (not in the Browser, but in DropBox) also does not work because of this.
most likely, nevertheless, a problem with connecting to the network, reCaptcha passes without problems. Nevertheless, the video would greatly help to understand the problem, if any. Does anyone else have a problem with Dropbox on the new firmware?

Posted on 04/11/2019, 19:21:

About the font menu. In the new program for reading, I call up the menu for changing fonts (capital letter "A"), then I select my fonts, somewhere in half the cases the font is not selected, the menu closes and a reading page with the same font appears, as if I just closed font menu.
yes, sometimes, very rarely, this appears on Inkad2

updated beta firmware for Inkpad (840), Inkpad2 (840-2) devices
http: //download.pocket...U840_5.20.509_user.zip
Fixed:
1) a long-lasting gray background before displaying a thumbnail of a page to adjust crop fields
2) in some cases - accidental collapse of the menu with a list of fonts when choosing a font (played on some hardware modifications of Inkpad2)

* andrey.k.,
Very interesting, I installed a new version - it works, I’ll carefully examine it tomorrow. In the meantime, I noticed that in the new versions as a whole, something with font rendering is not right. Previously, the freetype library bytecode hinting mechanism was explicitly used. Now everything looks pretty strange. Please compare the screenshots from the old firmware and the new (with a new reader):

https://imgur.com/FgpNqbL

On the left - in the old program on the old firmware, on the right - in the new. Obviously, it got worse. The font is the same, standard, built-in (PT Serif). The same situation with other fonts. If you look closely, font styles have become less contrasting, and hinting has crept off somewhere. For example, in the letters "w", "u", etc. different distances between vertical threads.

By the way, to set the font size in typographic points instead of pixels - is this a permanent change? I just have a detailed justification of why this is bad on e-books with their relatively low DPI, and if you look at competitors (the same Amazon) - they try to attach font sizes to pixels there.

* xl743 ,

Did you fix the dropbox?

* fabriek
I described above there. I managed to log in with some difficulties, now it works.

XL743 @ 04/13/19, 10:05 PM*
I described above there. I managed to log in with some difficulties, now it works.

It remains to wait until the bugs are cleaned and flies through wifi

* fabriek
I think this is the case that "if you hear this - you are the resistance" :-)
I would recommend testing and reporting bugs. This is more productive than waiting by the sea for weather.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 10:48 p.m.