LG Nexus 5 - Sailfish OS

Rep: (21)
LG Nexus 5 - Sailfish OS
PictureGoogle Nexus 5, LG D820 / 821 (Hammerhead)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage / Repair пїЅ| Official firmware |Custom firmware пїЅ | CyanogenMod 11/12 пїЅ | Ubuntu touch пїЅ | MIUI пїЅ | ParanoidAndroid пїЅ | Sailfish OS пїЅ | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | Google Nexus 5 Owners Club пїЅ

• Resource administration and authors of manuals for erroneous or incorrect actions of owners with their liability devicedon't carry.
  • All operations with your phone, you do at your own risk.
  • Be sure to make a full backup before any manipulations with the device!

Sailfish OS is developed by Jolla and is the ideological successor to Maemo and MeeGo

Installation Instructions
For installation on your device must be installed custom recovery TWRP or MultiROM
Installation procedure via TWRP :
1. InstallCM12.1.
2. Without starting CM through the recovery, flash over the archive with Sailfish OS for your device:Sailfish 2.0.4.13 with Yandex DiskorSailfish 2.0.4.13 with MEGA
Installation via MultiROM (it is assumed that you already have it installed):
1. In recovery, we follow the path of MultiROM->Add ROM
2. In the ROM Type field, click Sailfish OS and click Next
3. Next, indicate the path to the previously downloaded firmware CM and Sailfish
4. Stitch
5. When loading, click Cancel (so that the main firmware does not load automatically) and then click on the freshly installed Sailfish

Additions
aliendalvik Yandex Disk aliendalvik MEGAability to install apk
Google apps Yandex Disk Google apps MEGAput apk directly from google play
Warehousewho is not enough google play

Screenshots
Attached Image

Acknowledgments
Many thanks to comradematusalafor creating and submitting aliendalvik and gapps files, as well as for links to MEGA

Utility
Current versions and installation procedure -LG Nexus 5 - Sailfish OS (Post by stason.s7 # 65260724)

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a button"a complaint"under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 18.01.18, 14:53

Rep: (178)
* loooooool,
try installing TWRP recovery during installation, there is no such error with it

Rep: (3)
Loooooool @ 08/02/2014, 20:24*
After I put the cyan, I start to live sailfish but the recovery gives an error (status 7). Do you know how to solve it?

Before each paragraph and subparagraph (processes which are in the description of paragraphs) must be doneBackpack and it’s not unimportant to copy backups in your computer by renaming each backup, which copy was made before which process!
Take turns
  1. the first thing isunlocking bootloader (keep in mind all user files / data in the phone will be deleted) ( unlock device, unlock bootloader
  2. then install custom recovery (custom recovery) (install custom recovery).
    which recovery is better to put
    I advise you herefrom here xdadownloadModified recovery (based on TWRP) (This is the image of the recovery itself, I advise just this. By the way, FAQ on TWRP Recovey - the one that we will download is a modified TWRP, but in general, to figure out what this FAQ is suitable for) and download MultiROM - you will sew the recovery image as in the instructions
    fastboot flash recovery filename.img
    and not booting into the system, just rebooting in the bootloader (
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    ) complete the 3rd point, shay cyanogenmode the 3rd point BUT,in the instructions (install customm rom) before [quote]
    Sanaevvadim @ 11/09/2013, 19:19 *
    • In recovery, the first thing you need to do is Backup (Required item!) - the item "Backup and Restore - Backup".
    need to indignantly to make wipe data + wipe cache (factory reset), wipe dalvick-cache , then already Backup and then flashing the custom itself, flashing GAPPS and boot into the system (I advise you to do it after each done process Backpack ) Next, follow the fourth step (receiving the root), then reboot into the system, connect to the computer via usb, do not unzip multirom into the phone, just remember the archive itself and where you dropped multirom, then reboot into recovery mode (turn off the phone by holding the volume button down + on You will find yourself in bootloader mode, look for recovery with the up / down buttons and the on button, you will be taken to recovery), then Install + indicate the path where you threw multirom.zip and neck. then boot into the system, play market, install the multirom manager, go into the program, update if required (shows in red letters, check and install), the section below does not touch ubuntu.

3. firmware upgrade (install custom rom) downloadcyanogenmode for hammerheadtype - last snapshot or nightly - personal opinion, especially without a difference and downloadGApps (Google applications) -
    Crea @ 12/05/2013, 16:24 *
    microgapps - Google Apps package with the most basic, just Google Play and framework. The rest can be installed from Google Play.

4. further obtaining root rights (obtaining root / root rights) (enable root) but -
    EnTon @ 11/03/2013, 16:47*
    Please note that not all custom firmware may initially have root rights, but most of them are rutted, check this point in advance.
    , but :) but still I advise you not to bypass the procedure with getting the root, just in case, it will not hurt.
  5. backup all systems through recovery - Backup + check all (system, data, cache, boot, efs) and Swipe to back up. After that, you boot into the system, go to the file manager, find the twrp folder and copy it to your computer (this is the folder where the backup is located).
  6. Now how to properly install Sailfish OS itself -merproject - how to install sailfish to nexus 5and put the zip file in the root of your phone
  7. You go into the recovery - install + indicate the path to sailfish ... zip, nothing without touching only swipe to congirm flash and that's it! That is, you have to flash Sailfish over the main firmware - cyanogenmod

So far, dual boot android + sailfish is something sacred .. well for me)) So far, the dual boot does not receive, as soon as I can unsubscribe. And so far I think this is the best option - when you want to return to cyanogenmod, you have a backup copy - you do restore. Yes, sailfish leave, but next time you will only repeat the 7th point. By the way, it is possible and so - after the 7th point and loading into the Sailfish system and after some time working with it, you can reboot into recovery mode and also make a backup copy separately for Sailfish - thus, the data will not be lost either in cyanogenmode or in sailfish.

By the way, in my personal experience is betterfirst of these points, even before the start of the implementation of these points it is better to start from the very beginning. Namely:
  1. return to stock firmware, do the firmware better according to the second option in this manual, that is, manually everything! and do with the -w switch and do it all the way through in stock recovery doWipe data / factory data reset , but leave the bootloader unlocked for now. then we will return the phone to a warranty state, after which it will be possible to lock the bootloader.
  2. return in warranty condition
  3. and after that you just start doing that instruction with 7 points

Post has been editedbozkurtolog - 09.08.14, 20:44
Reason for editing: adding FAQ on TWRP Recovery; adding an initial instruction before the main instruction; correcting the order

Bozkurtolog @ 08/09/2014, 20:46*
So far, dual boot android + sailfish is something sacred .. well for me))

While there is no dual boot, but there is a dirty hack.
Multi-world allows you to change the firmware in places. We install Android firmware, transfer it to secondary. In place of the main one we put cyan, on top we put Sailfish.
To switch between firmwares, use the "swap with the main" function. Long, but at least something.

Bozkurtolog @ 08/09/2014, 20:46*
personal opinion, especially without a difference and download GApps (Google applications) -

GApps are not needed, Sailfish still will not have access to them.

Rep: (3)
new instructions came out - there is already support through multirom !!! : thank_you: I will collect materials, lay out.

PS: about Gapps I will clarify this moment on personal experience and accomplish your goal)

Rep: (44)
Hooray! After so many months of waiting and interrupting the Internet, I saw at least something similar to a full-fledged sailboat)))
I’m downloading, we’ll try) While I’m sitting on the DP elks.

Rep: (0)
Set looked demolished.

He put it on top of a tuned working cyan. He returned by installing the last cyan on top of the sailfish. Everything remained as it was in cyan. I wonder where the files from the sailfish remained. TWRP

Rep: (13)
I didn’t want to install applications from the jolla store, I could not install unsigned ones, because I can not turn on the mode. what do you advise?

released 1.0.8.19 (added to the header) and multiboot support.
When installing through multi-world, a separate option for sailfish appeared. It is required to select .zip with CM11 and .zip with Sailfish OS.
Key change - earned application store

Post has been editedlongf - 18.08.14, 15:14

Longf @ 08/18/2014, 16:54*
released 1.0.8.19 (added to the header)
Key change - earned application store

and it was not possible to load anything, we wait further :)

I can’t even install normally, the OS requires libsailfishapp.so from me.

Rep: (59)
I can’t even install normally, the OS requires libsailfishapp.so from me.

in the terminal execute
devel-su
zypper install libsailfishapp

accidentally stumbled upon alpha3 .... but did not look ...https: //dl.dropboxuser...lpha3-201408181753.zip

* Mr evangelion,
he accidentally left on August 18

* Mr evangelion,
he accidentally left on August 18
I vkurse, just in the subject alpha 2 only was

Rep: (5)
I tried 3 alpha, it seems like 4g woke up, at least the phone showed it like that, but the camera still doesn’t work.

Rep: (2)
4G is just a bug, go into the network settings and you won’t see the 4G item there.
They even wrote about it on Bugzilla.
Do Wi-Fi and Bluetooth only work when connecting?

You can also borrow from the topic about Nexus 4:
LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.H.XX)About warehouse
LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.H.XX)warehouse bypassing Terminal.
LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.X.XX) (Post # 31003765)About importing files to the phone.
LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.X.X.XX) (Post # 33942187)Extending the standard browser
In "Useful links"

Here are some programs for SailFishOS

Post has been editedl1v1ngst0n - 06.10.14, 15:15

Rep: (17)
1.0.8.21 alphalink :)

Rep: (2)
4en @ 10/09/2014, 17:35*
1.0.8.21 alpha link

Somehow strange, only the 1.0.8.19A is available on the official porting page.
Off. page
You would at least post a log of changes to the description.

So the changes that I noticed:
In the settings of the mobile network, the opportunity to choose 4G.
The camera does not work.
It seems that the dial keypad has changed (If it’s not right, then correct it. I somehow did not focus on 19a3, but on a21 it seemed to me like a different keyboard)

As for 4G, test with someone in the city who has it, whether they really screwed 4G or, again, this is just a “Point” in the network settings.

Post has been editedl1v1ngst0n - 10.10.14, 19:04

Did the guys there still not have the opportunity to install android applications?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 02:04