HP Envy 15-j150sr - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 8.1 SL | 15.6 '' | Intel Core i7 4700MQ

Rep: (385)
HP Envy 15-j150sr (and discussion of related HP Envy 15 models)
Windows 8.1 For single language x64 | 15.6 "(1920x1080px) | Intel Core i7 4700MQ | 12Gb | Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Lock Input, Beats Audio
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

You can see the laptop from all sides and see everything that interests you.

Photo / Renders
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Systemic
Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor Family: IntelВ® Core в„ў i7 Processor
Processor: IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-4700MQ Processor with Intel HD 4600 Graphics Card (2.4 GHz, 6 MB Cache, 4 cores, 8 threads)
Chipset: Intel HM87 Express
Memory
Memory: 12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
Memory slots: 2 available
Storage
Internal drive: 1 TB, 5400 rpm SATA
Display and Graphics
39.6 cm (15.6 ") FHD BrightView display with LED backlight (1920 x 1080)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Additionally
Ports:
1 HDMI port
1 headphone / microphone combo jack
4 USB 3.0 ports (additional voltage on 1 port)
1 RJ-45 connector
Expansion Slots: 1 multi-format SD card reader
Media management
Integrated webcam: HP TrueVision HD front-facing webcam with integrated bi-directional digital microphone
Sound processing features: Beats Audio в„ў technology with 4 speakers and 2 subwoofers
Input
Cursor or touchpad: HP multi-touch touchpad
Keyboard: Full-size, island-style backlit with numeric keypad
Means of communication
Sensors: accelerometer
Network Interface: Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless: 802.11b / g / n (1 x 1) Combo Module with BluetoothВ® 4.0 Support
Power and operating conditions
Power Supply: AC Power Supply, 120 W
Battery Type: 6-cell lithium-ion battery (62 Wh) (removable battery)
Energy Efficiency: ENERGY STARВ® Compliant, EPEATВ® Silver
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H): 37.95 x 25.07 x 2.79 cm
Weight: 2.19 kg
Development
Product design: aluminum finish, silky-touch lid finish, fiberglass
Product color: Natural silver
Security management
HP SimplePass Fingerprint Scanner
Kensington MicroSaver Security Slot
power on password
third-party protection device support
Equipment
1 year warranty for components, assembly, service in a service center
Software included
McAfee LiveSafe в„ў
HP certification for Windows 8
Windows 8 Getting Started Guide
HP Utility Center
HP Recovery Manager (recovery section, USB / Flash recovery disc creation tool) 1 Beats Audio в„ў technology with SRS 3D support
HP Connected Music
HP Connected Photo
HP SimplePass
Alawar HP Games
HP CoolSense
HP ePrint
Windows Live Essentials
CyberLink YouCam DE
Internet Explorer 11
7-zip
Box Service (free 50 GB)
McAfee LiveSafe 30-day free trial offer (Internet access required. First 30 days included. Subscribers required for live updates afterwards.)

Link to the official product page
additional information
Price in DNS stores:33490, 9% discount (3500rub), the rest have no discount.
This unit is on the market.
Useful information
Tired of a new start?
Download and install Start8
How to return gadgets?
Training
1. Need an image with Windows 7 x64 edition does not matter
2.7-zip
Getting started
1. Mount an image with Windows 7
2. Open the disk (which is mounted)
3. Go to the sources directory
4. Open install.wim with 7-zip
5. Open in it folder 1 or 2 where there are Program Files and Program Files (x86)
6. On the desktop we pull out the Windows Sidebar folder from Program Files and Program Files (x86), or you can immediately drop them into C: \ Program files and C: \ Program Files (x86) - Just do not mix anything up, otherwise there will be nothing.
7. We sorted out the files.
8. Open the command line as administrator and write this as is:
"C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ sidebar.exe" / regserver
[ENTER]
"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ sidebar.exe" / regserver
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ sbdrop.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ wlsrvc.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ sbdrop.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ wlsrvc.dll" / s
[ENTER]

9. Now you can close the command line
10. DownloadAttached filekeys.reg(4.53 KB)
and do the merge (double click on the file and when the window opens click yes)
11. Reboot

Why doesn't Update 1 come to me?
In order for Update 1 to come, you need to go to the update center and click search, when new updates are found, click download.
After that, you will restart 2-3 times, then when you log in to the system, a message will appear in the lower right corner (it will be said that there are mandatory updates).
Go back to the update center and click download large update 870 megabytes.
Installation Update Screen 1:
Attached Image

Solving the problem of booting from SSD here
Solving the problem with Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics driver here
Direct link to download drivers for this laptop
From users
Gaming performance
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The optimal settings - ultra - do not lag, FPS does not fall.

Battlefield 4
Optimal settings - maximum - no lags.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R .: Call of Pripyat
Optimal settings - ultra - no lags.

Watch_Dogs
The optimal settings are medium.

Murdered: Soul Suspect
DX9 maximum, DX11 high settings.

Need For Speed ​​Rivals
The optimal settings are medium, maximum without shadows.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The optimal settings are high without shadows and with a resolution of 1366x768px.
Rules for discussing related models!
Template:
[B] HP Envy 15 Laptop - YOUR MODEL [/ B]
Here is a description of your problem, try to explain so that everyone understands.

4.19. It is forbidden to abuse quoting (overquoting, overquoting). It is not necessary to quote fully opponent posts - just select the main points and click on the "QUOTE" button.
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

Do you have any suggestions on how to add / redo the header, or add new information?
Email me atQMS .

Post has been editedMr-MEX - 17.09.14, 20:05
Reason for editing: Quotation of paragraph 4.19 and 5.1 of the forum rules.

Rep: (0)
* arhangel369,
glare is not much, I am satisfied. but the surface is glossy, if you can not try to buy a suit

Today decided to order a Wi fi adapter noutahttp://www.ebay.com/itm/141352741239?nav=SEARCH

* chuvak63,
* marat110,
Uh, WiFi / BT module Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 is suitable and does not cling to the WiFi range to G (or rather clings but does not receive IP).

Posted on 08/01/2014, 06:21:

* arhangel369,
It's all right, is not a strong glare.

Mr-MEX @ 01.08.2014, 07:21*
Uh, WiFi / BT module Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 is suitable and does not cling to the WiFi range to G (or rather clings but does not receive IP).

well that is right, but most importantly to 7260 ace came

And why it is written that we have two subwoofers? Some of the only, or is there a hidden?

* marat110,
Bed and) Subwoofer (2 speakers) double, but he was alone.

At home I have an old laptop lying around, and had the idea to take off his Wi fi antenna and sleep in our and fell to the existing wire to increase signal reception. Do you think you should bother?

Beech bought this a couple of days ago. Very satisfied! Justified to the last penny! Bought at 35550 shares at = _) There is a question whether you can move from Windows 8.1 to 7? And there's the point anyway?

I do not know what is the difference in my hp j002er configuration and appearance of one to one, he took shortly before mass appearance of 150, the same processor, memory, video, all one to one. So my quality just disgusting !!! Cheap acer emachines and it is better in terms of quality, so wretched it hp company. Had no idea that the company I admired brand that has a history, and a new laptop for the 38K of which the overpayment for the brand 5 pieces okazhetsja so poor, only worse service who have hp in our country. Once bought revealed a nasty bug, wave distortion in the corner of the screen at the slightest movements of the matrix, that is, at the slightest inclination of the screen cover is pressed so that the waves were going to change refused to give in service, the service worked disgusting, sucks scrolled bolts that just would not fall out, and chipped on aluminum as if the body dissected chisel. I said of course it later because I saw very far to the service (70 km of traffic jams) and laptop drove me. I decided dick because I had to work a laptop with him for a monster performance ... His only plus is the power, I easily forgot about the limitations of laptops, about how close tabs and applications wild processor and 12 gigs of RAM is more fun, easy to pull multiple virtual machines and multiple browser tabs 50. The truth turned out to be crappy hard drive, it slows down the entire system by putting a virtual machine backup laptop can easily hang on all the time backup and God forbid you to swing at this time the torrent! Based on materials from the body is also full of divorce, the store that he looks schikarno, a cross between a MacBook ultrabook, but then you notice the shabby cardboard plastic cover, and poor scratch the logo of the total hp. to imitate older Macintosh and did vsetyaiysya logo, but he did extremely budget for non-budgetary nouta ... Current problem for me now is the lower lid, but the whole problem is obviously in konstrukktsii nouta. What is the salt, though with a strong laptop of being a mac, the bottom of his plastic, the first small problem is that asshole nouta MUCH thicker and heavier than before, at the end of the front side of the transport chatst the side at the base of the legs went crack ... but it does not matter, but the trouble is that when toli bolt kink, or this miserable structure, or a good heat, or marriage, but an ass in that direction where to be all radator<SiC>two bolts !!! and one of them is broken out from the radiator! More precisely it is the place where the bolt holding the plastic is broken out nafig and korpks is now slightly open, loop failed to down (((As it is now dragged into the service and to prove that it itself is not present. More of the downsides of this updates Eight cause a blue screen and requiring a rollback and what service after I died the key on the top eight and I had to say vyzvanivat hp and 500 rubles and carry (again !!) the entire system to get a key. One of the advantages of Ubuntu 14.04 normal flight, although did not understand how to make what grub he was loaded. And the fingerprint sensor course a good thing, but it sooooo controversial, sometimes stops working until you restart the system, and in Linux desktop software, I could not find it. And even less forget about heavy games because it heats up just hell. Next laptop will look only thinkpad, macbook pro and alienware.

Post has been editedBlackTigerSexMachines - 13.08.14, 05:32

Did not like that in the games have to put FHD, when you select a smaller picture picture loses its juiciness and scale ...

* v1docq47, it is a problem of all notebooks, if the normal processors learned to do with graphics and all still sad. it is here and 128bit GDDR3, according to these parameters is behind everything on an entire generation. Normal cards in the Toshiba from 70K and the rest are bluff. The same can be played on in 1360 but it will start with a small brake overheating. Play fhd only hardstoun, civilization, bunker and Sim City. In Sim City low FPS (20-30), but the strategy is not critical. And yet the other eight, but that would not say the best Windows.

Post has been editedBlackTigerSexMachines - 13.08.14, 06:35

Will it make sense to put him on the stand for the laptop (vented) or should put up with the constant subsidence in case of overheating? Another question: have installed it yet somebody additional memory in two slots declared to 16gb (read about the possible incompatibility of the majority of memory manufacturers) as time-consuming process? I can put myself or should give to the service center?

* v1docq47, Despite what you're doing and living in what conditions. We in NSC 42 degrees stand very much if in Battle run it is necessary. Memory of the plastic cover live, and gets easily menyaetsya me there are two strips 4 and 8, why I do not know anymore

Ie you own memory 12gb + two strips 4 and 8 a total of 24 o.O. The model Envy 15-j150sr stated that the maximum supported memory size 16gb. And about a ventilated stand - use for games is quite rare but still using, you will need to choose a good time that would protect the notebook from the melting = _)

Post has been editedv1docq47 - 13.08.14, 11:30

* v1docq47, where you find max volume? processor supports 32

on the sites of distributors is written the maximum memory capacity 16gb, although HP site says only two slots available and used memory 4gb + 8gb

* v1docq47,
7 wines can put only in the BIOS enable legacy mode. as well as the site has a wood at 7, so that no problems will be particularly
meaning there is little, it would be better to stay at the 8.1 and 1 update to roll.

* BlackTigerSexMachines,
in 150 assembly ideal, all flies, drivers get up perfectly.
warranty machine did not try to change it?

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 14.08.14, 10:06
Reason for editing: combined.

so open the lid and see how much ram operatives can deliver!
interesting and linux on it will go?

He won the product. 2 days after the work is not divorced from it. First I decided to put Win 7, but remained at a preset product after upgrading Win 8. Screen glare is not much, the beast flies, performance pleases, as a way to see performance on Win 8 without additional software:http: //answers.microso...412d-baa8-ffe6ec1c86d1
Interested in the question Hackintosh. But before that I want to buy SSD 128 or 256 when acquired, then I will act now collecting information.
Advise please, if necessary, to do as the second hakintosh OSes or this iron does not fit?

* arhangel369,
iron suit, you need only make hd4600, but the sound can be a problem.
can and should, only it will be a long time

people, no one has problems with Bluetooth?
I connected the phone does not come out in audio player, and all the phone can not connect to a computer, and the computer says that it is already connected.
and for some reason the computer will not accept files.
It has a tablet on Windows 2011 release, so everything works fine.
in what could be the problem? (all drivers are the most recent)

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 25.08.14, 11:54
Reason for editing: combined.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 16/09/19, 21:43