HP Envy 15-j150sr - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 8.1 SL | 15.6 '' | Intel Core i7 4700MQ

Rep: (385)
HP Envy 15-j150sr (and discussion of related HP Envy 15 models)
Windows 8.1 For single language x64 | 15.6 "(1920x1080px) | Intel Core i7 4700MQ | 12Gb | Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Lock Input, Beats Audio
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

You can see the laptop from all sides and see everything that interests you.

Photo / Renders
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Systemic
Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor Family: IntelВ® Core в„ў i7 Processor
Processor: IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-4700MQ Processor with Intel HD 4600 Graphics Card (2.4 GHz, 6 MB Cache, 4 cores, 8 threads)
Chipset: Intel HM87 Express
Memory
Memory: 12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
Memory slots: 2 available
Storage
Internal drive: 1 TB, 5400 rpm SATA
Display and Graphics
39.6 cm (15.6 ") FHD BrightView display with LED backlight (1920 x 1080)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Additionally
Ports:
1 HDMI port
1 headphone / microphone combo jack
4 USB 3.0 ports (additional voltage on 1 port)
1 RJ-45 connector
Expansion Slots: 1 multi-format SD card reader
Media management
Integrated webcam: HP TrueVision HD front-facing webcam with integrated bi-directional digital microphone
Sound processing features: Beats Audio в„ў technology with 4 speakers and 2 subwoofers
Input
Cursor or touchpad: HP multi-touch touchpad
Keyboard: Full-size, island-style backlit with numeric keypad
Means of communication
Sensors: accelerometer
Network Interface: Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless: 802.11b / g / n (1 x 1) Combo Module with BluetoothВ® 4.0 Support
Power and operating conditions
Power Supply: AC Power Supply, 120 W
Battery Type: 6-cell lithium-ion battery (62 Wh) (removable battery)
Energy Efficiency: ENERGY STARВ® Compliant, EPEATВ® Silver
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H): 37.95 x 25.07 x 2.79 cm
Weight: 2.19 kg
Development
Product design: aluminum finish, silky-touch lid finish, fiberglass
Product color: Natural silver
Security management
HP SimplePass Fingerprint Scanner
Kensington MicroSaver Security Slot
power on password
third-party protection device support
Equipment
1 year warranty for components, assembly, service in a service center
Software included
McAfee LiveSafe в„ў
HP certification for Windows 8
Windows 8 Getting Started Guide
HP Utility Center
HP Recovery Manager (recovery section, USB / Flash recovery disc creation tool) 1 Beats Audio в„ў technology with SRS 3D support
HP Connected Music
HP Connected Photo
HP SimplePass
Alawar HP Games
HP CoolSense
HP ePrint
Windows Live Essentials
CyberLink YouCam DE
Internet Explorer 11
7-zip
Box Service (free 50 GB)
McAfee LiveSafe 30-day free trial offer (Internet access required. First 30 days included. Subscribers required for live updates afterwards.)

Link to the official product page
additional information
Price in DNS stores:33490, 9% discount (3500rub), the rest have no discount.
This unit is on the market.
Useful information
Tired of a new start?
Download and install Start8
How to return gadgets?
Training
1. Need an image with Windows 7 x64 edition does not matter
2.7-zip
Getting started
1. Mount an image with Windows 7
2. Open the disk (which is mounted)
3. Go to the sources directory
4. Open install.wim with 7-zip
5. Open in it folder 1 or 2 where there are Program Files and Program Files (x86)
6. On the desktop we pull out the Windows Sidebar folder from Program Files and Program Files (x86), or you can immediately drop them into C: \ Program files and C: \ Program Files (x86) - Just do not mix anything up, otherwise there will be nothing.
7. We sorted out the files.
8. Open the command line as administrator and write this as is:
"C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ sidebar.exe" / regserver
[ENTER]
"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ sidebar.exe" / regserver
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ sbdrop.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Sidebar \ wlsrvc.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ sbdrop.dll" / s
[ENTER]
regsvr32 "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Sidebar \ wlsrvc.dll" / s
[ENTER]

9. Now you can close the command line
10. DownloadAttached filekeys.reg(4.53 KB)
and do the merge (double click on the file and when the window opens click yes)
11. Reboot

Why doesn't Update 1 come to me?
In order for Update 1 to come, you need to go to the update center and click search, when new updates are found, click download.
After that, you will restart 2-3 times, then when you log in to the system, a message will appear in the lower right corner (it will be said that there are mandatory updates).
Go back to the update center and click download large update 870 megabytes.
Installation Update Screen 1:
Attached Image

Solving the problem of booting from SSD here
Solving the problem with Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics driver here
Direct link to download drivers for this laptop
From users
Gaming performance
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The optimal settings - ultra - do not lag, FPS does not fall.

Battlefield 4
Optimal settings - maximum - no lags.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R .: Call of Pripyat
Optimal settings - ultra - no lags.

Watch_Dogs
The optimal settings are medium.

Murdered: Soul Suspect
DX9 maximum, DX11 high settings.

Need For Speed ​​Rivals
The optimal settings are medium, maximum without shadows.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The optimal settings are high without shadows and with a resolution of 1366x768px.
Rules for discussing related models!
Template:
[B] HP Envy 15 Laptop - YOUR MODEL [/ B]
Here is a description of your problem, try to explain so that everyone understands.

4.19. It is forbidden to abuse quoting (overquoting, overquoting). It is not necessary to quote fully opponent posts - just select the main points and click on the "QUOTE" button.
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

Do you have any suggestions on how to add / redo the header, or add new information?
Email me atQMS .

Post has been editedMr-MEX - 17.09.14, 20:05
Reason for editing: Quotation of paragraph 4.19 and 5.1 of the forum rules.

Rep: (0)
all good for))
this happened * opa
laptop hp envy 15-j012sr motherboard 720566-501
faulty discrete video graphics chip
who can tell where the break off of the supply line to diskretka asleep))
a resistor or desoldering is entirely PWM controller?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (57)
Hello to all!
Who has problems with the joint work of HDD and SSD. The BIOS of this laptop does not work with SSD, which is very sad ... :(
We do so. Install Windows on SSD with physically disabled HDD.
We connect the HDD, turn on the laptop. We boot from the HDD.
Using any program that works with disk partitions (I used the minitool partition wizard), we create a Fat32 partition on the HDD, approximately (100 MB) equal to the partition on the Fat32 SSD (system, active).
Next, copy the Fat32 partition on the SSD to the partition on the HDD that you created.
After that, in the BIOS, disable the boot from the HDD. We turn on and enjoy downloading from the SSD. Next, you can format the HDD, but do not forget about the partition that is copied. It cannot be deleted.

Post has been editededu816 - 21.11.18, 11:18

Rep: (31)
Hello. Who is this model of laptop, prompt. Did you try to sew or stick through smartphones available yusb 3.0 port
How is it going?
That's the way found rekaveri our beeches. many asked

Post has been editedsergik53 - 17.01.19, 13:10

Rep: (29)
* sergik53 Yes, sewed samsungi one and Xiaomei mifleshem, the nexus of the DAS, there is no problem, the Windows release of 10th November 2018. Stock prog already hardly anyone will come in handy, Windows now such a bunch of alternative methods of recovery is that safer and easier.

Rep: (1)
How are things going with the wow? I read somewhere that no exports 740m after the next update the game properly judges. Take your girlfriend think this laptop, but I doubt she needs Vovk.

Hello!
There need help laptop hp envy 4-1270er.Ustanovil windows 10 on the SSD 32 GB, with disconnected HDD.Vinda loaded and all the rules rabotaet.Kak only connect the HDD stops windows zagruzhatsya.Proboval run through F9 same effekt.Pri attempts to install a second Windu in the HDD does not choose razdel.Proboval disconnect SSD same pesnya.V chapter selection menu is not pressed the key combination shift + f10.Podskazhite how to make sure that the Windows ship with SSD and HDD it does not interfere?

* AlexZemer You flipped through the whole topic?
Because a couple of ways to give your question

Really need help in a small test throttling if there will be willing to help accomplish your goal, you can in PS
You just need to zarustit stress test and posiotret how quickly will go into throttling, and at what frequency will keep throttling during stresstesta
Upd: problem was solved by replacing the thermal paste (Deepcool z5 in dns 250r)
Master who restored me once bios carelessly installed pipe heat sink and thermal paste squeezed into the region, almost half Krystal did not cleave to the heat sink plate. Now the temperature happy, productivity rose (play PUBG MOBILE official emulator Pts eats percent).
Through the Intel Extreme Tuning unscrewed from it a little more, he now longer on Busto 3.4GHz spinning and almost no trotlit the temperature
Trotlit on wattage and amperage but not much.

Post has been editedmegion4ik - 04.04.19, 09:15
Reason for editing: Throttling

Rep: (1)
Is it possible to go anywhere inside nouta push SSD m2 format, or just mSata?

* lowcore112 Remove the battery, to unscrew one screw and pull off the cover, everything can be seen that it is possible to stick, and stick a if there Th. I put msata ssd 120gb kingston price 2k and ebeya came 8GB RAM strip is also crucial 2k worth. There slot m2 but ssdeshki for him in my opinion a little expensive, despite the fact that I do not need the CDM. I have a version envy15 j001er

Rep: (7)
I tried anyone put i7 4700mq with an older model?

* s-a-n-t-o-s In the information in the header is written 4700mq costs initially. on my version too 4700mq worth. from a high-end model, and what are you going to put?

Post has been editedmegion4ik - 23.04.19, 06:38

Tell me, please, what kind of approach to SSD hp envy 15-j013sr? Any mSATA? I ssd-shkami that are not 2.5 ", while the case has never had.
Mr-MEX @ 14.07.14, 14:15*
Before you begin, I suggest to check this: tyk.
We solve the problem of booting from SSD, provided that there is an HDD.
In no case do not erase the HDD, do not touch it, otherwise you will lose the warranty on the laptop (as HP told me).
пїЅ#пїЅ
Installing the system on an SSD
пїЅ#пїЅ
We are loaded with SSD
пїЅ#пїЅ
Remember!

P.S .: DO NOT pay for extra items in BCDEDIT.
And you can not just through "migrate os to ssd" duplicate existing Windu on SSD, and then through the command line - bcdboot Z: \ Windows?

Post has been editedJecht - 11.06.19, 14:20

I took a standard SSD msata Dimensions: 29.85x3.85x50.8 mm

https: //www.onlinetrad..._m6e250bw-1333709.html

Here the port is not M2, and MSATA port are two different things.

About who both migrated, I akronis through and no .. not soared on the first try. Try your option then describe.

After each update vin10 boot partition constantly flew and purified. In general, this garbage I hesitated and I decided to put a clean install from a bootable USB drive, but with a clean installation of all sections to pick up and redirect that I did now works automatically, has since been updated in 1803 and 1809 releases vindy10. By the way in 1809 only supports GPT raazmetku,

My configuration
HDD - boot
HDD - local
SSD - boot
SSD - system
SSD - local

As already mentioned earlier. HP's CICS prescribed hardcore boot from hdd, the ones you have to have fake web section boot, which will redirect to boot.efi section ssd

All users of this model to win 8.1 runs less strongly than on win 10 oct?

Thermal grease is replaced by evercool 8W. When operating at a mere 8.1 ~ 55 to ~ 76 10ke. The temperature was measured using AIDA64, plus hand the difference is felt in the area of ​​the radiator. Both OS licensed versions, with a complete package of updates, driver of.sayta, job profiles cards exhibited the same. Performance in 8.1 above games.

P.S. was the fuse on 3.3V, inclined to think that in the usb poked something not very good, a thing of the hub. Replace the hub and 3.3V lines recovery experienced no problems. All in working condition. Thank God not combine cost and the repair would have got a lot of money.

P.S.S. No one tried to put on this model 740m with 128-bit bus?

Post has been editedtonyrive - 11.08.19, 03:19

* wolf45rus Not all notebooks support uma mode. Probably that will not work with your model is a crank. What is the problem to replace a discrete graphics card?

Post has been editedtonyrive - 11.08.19, 02:53
Reason for editing: Thought out

PR0100 @ 22.11.15, 11:55*
The problem of "death" notebook hp envy after flashing the BIOS, hp envy 15j010sr not turn on the screen after the BIOS firmware, black screen after flash bios envy 15. black screen bios flashing hp envy 15.
(Added some tags mk solutions in the internet is not, of foreign Wh on forums) and I gave birth to him in pain as much as a day

ALWAYS Sew Laptop BIOS under Windows !!! Always make a backup before flashing any BIOS !!! This is better than to drag the iron to the people with the hardware programmer

A huge respect for the instructions! The whole day I was struggling with notikom after unsuccessful flashing BIOS (by the way, from under Windows) and your only method to help! THANK!

Install Windows without saving the image (if you want you can and to stick it to record)

Describe your case.
1. disable legacy and securetyboot the BIOS.
2. disconnect the HDD and connect SSD (in my case it m.2 2242 through mSata- adapter>M.2)
3. Windu put a zero on the SSD
-
intermediate goal is reached, Windows is now loaded with SSD without problems, but without HDD.
-
4. put minitool partitional wizard.
5. connect the HDD via USB port using an adapter USB->2.5 (but only after loading Windows, or even this rough BIOS sees the USB HDD and try to boot from it) and minitool partitional wizard delete all sections of the HDD.
6. copy a partition on the 100MB marked (GPT (EFI System partitional) to the HDD, and the remaining areas are creating a file.
7. disconnect the HDD from the USB port and turn off the computer.
8. include in the BIOS Legacy, and securityboot leave off.
9. turn off the computer, put in a regular HDD space.
10. at first boot Legacy asks to apply the new configuration?
- press 1205 + enter - YES
- Press the ESC - NO
11. On the next reboot will not be anything to ask.
12. The use of health.

skrin1 - the first copy of the boot partition (paragraph 5)
skrin2 - view of the disk system (paragraph 12).

I recommend to hide the boot disk (on skrin2 the drive D), according to worn out it is not removed. And you can make a clone of the flash drive and remove the flash drive, so you do not repeat all the same thing.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/09/19, 8:05