Teclast X98 3G - Talk | [Tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8.9 '' | Z3735D | 2Gb | 3G-modem
Teclast x98 3G
Did you install Windows 8.1?
Already installed. Only for Windows and bought. [ 166 ] ** [35,32%]
Maybe I will install when I finish 100% [ 73 ] ** [15,53%]
No, Android is our everything! [ 36 ] ** [7,66%]
Waiting for the dual system of both systems. [ 156 ] ** [33,19%]
When I have nothing to do, I change it from time to time. [ 39 ] ** [8,3%]
Total Votes: 470

Rep: (829)
Teclast X98 3G
Windows 8.1 | 8.9 "" | Z3735D | 2Gb | 3G-modem, G-sensor, Bluetooth, A-GPS
Windows 8.1 firmware discussion пїЅ | General discussion of the Android version пїЅ
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Screen size: 9.7 inches
Screen Type: IPS (Retina Display)
Screen resolution: 2048 * 1536 (4: 3)
Processor: Intel Bay Trail 64 Z3735D 1.83 GHz
Memory: 2GB DDR3L
Internal Memory: 32GB EMMC
Operating system: Android 4.2
Camera: front 2mp, rear 5mp

Support WCDMA, Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b / g / n)
GPS navigation + A-GPS
Bluetooth, WIDI
SIM card slot
Micro USB port
3.5 mm headphone jack
TF card support64Gb (verified with SanDisk card)
OTG
Built-in dual speakers and microphone
Battery: 8500mAh

Size: 239.5mm (D) x 180.5mm (W) x 8.2mm (H)
Weight: 602g

additional information

Instructions. Useful information.

Linux installation

Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail, Talk playability, optimization tips

GoogleDrive with all the necessary files.
Compatible Drivers

System status at the moment:
  • After the BIOS is properly configured, the tablet completely and correctly controls the frequency of the processor, sleeps, reboots, on / off with system tools. In the "Device Manager" all devices of the system, more or less correctly, are used.
  • It is not clear the question of charging the device at the time of connecting USB-peripherals, when using a special Chinese hub. The problem is that the power connector of the tablet and the OTG-connector are combined. How the tablet power controller reacts to the reverse current from the hub is not known.

Known issues:
  • The front camera gives an excellent picture, but the image is upside down in all programs.Under the spoiler "Instructions" there is a temporary solution.
  • The rear camera produces a picture with the wrong white balance, low contrast and poorly focused.
  • The "native" modem driver, for Windows 8.1, is not found yet. The driver, laid out in the theme can only be installed in compatibility mode with the seven. Therefore, the Metro shell does not have access to modem control. The signal level is not displayed, the modem cannot be on / off. the icon "In the plane" from the shell of the Metro. In desktop mode, no problem. But anyway, the modem still works and, according to reviews, it does not work badly.It looks like the Conexant CX20548-11Z chip is used in our modem, at least on the id equipment is suitable. Together we are looking for a driver for the eight for this chip. The chip is used in a variety of laptops with a modem. The modem itself is manufactured by Fibocom, model H350.
    http: //www.fibocom.com.../file_2_3_3_2_12_2.pdf

The problems are caused by the lack of, I hope temporary, "native" drivers for some devices. They can be, partially or fully, solved by setting up existing drivers through the registry. As an example, the front camera driver may support the flip mode. In Windows 8.1, there are no standard tools for configuration, as in the seven or XP, for example. Have to search. : yes2:

As shown, the BIOS Onda V975i is fully compatible with our tablet and shows a more stable operation. Only after the firmware it is necessary to change the type of sensor on the touch panel, to ours. There it is by default different. Current stableOnda V975w - Discussion (Post # 34370809)
Another AIR compatible BIOS, detailsread here

When flashing the BIOS (in any way), you need to turn off the tablet hardware, - by holding the power button!

As the above problems are solved, I will make adjustments to the header.

In order to avoid unnecessary questions, I remind you: Above there is a spoiler "Instructions. Useful information.". Perhaps there you will find answers to questions that are going to ask. : butcher:

If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators). For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages or toVehiclein QMS. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Good luck, winuzyatniki! : popcorm:

Post has been editedShoore - 01.02.16, 21:05

Rep: (8)
kostyamat @ 07.07.2014, 04:03*
c) As long as this is not solved due to some problems with grub-efi-ia32

Google bootstub + kernel

kostyamat @ 07.07.2014, 04:03*
g) Ubuntu-podobrnye generally do not yet support processor architecture atom.

And where does the distribution? He compiled a standard x86.
Another thing is that we need the kernel source code for our tablet.

Rep: (56)
There would dualbut receive, and thanks for that.

Treat kryakozyabriki in fonts in some programs designed for the classic version of Windows

In the folder C: \ WINDOWS \ system32, there are files and S_1252 S_1251.
Copy to something S_1251, rename the copied S_1251 in S_1252
original S_1252 remove and insert back into the C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 new renamed S_1251 in S_1252 and reboot.

The system will be swearing on the right during these actions, so be sure to read this articlehttp: //www.white-windo...re-rights-access-file/and Human rights.

After these manipulations kryakozyabriki become normal Russian words. : Yes2:: D

Post has been editedkostyamat - 08.07.14, 06:21

Rep: (13)
Guys, a bunch of instructions, and where is that working? Someone already sewn under Windows?

Should I trust that that hat?

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 09.07.14, 11:36
Reason for editing: combined.

Rep: (9)
overall costs, but not all right.
if you stitched firmware and put Ruth. when installing the BIOS has small inaccuracies

DAS is necessary to register in a slightly different code
d: \
adb push fpt-tools-package data / local / tmp /
adb shell
cd data / local / tmp /
chmod 0777 FPT
su
./FPT -F Rom_8MB_Tablet_Windows.bin

a trifle, but in the original a little bit wrong. ROOT I got on the other instructions. if you need to throw off the options for which I received.

Of course not, plyusanu evening. It turned out to flash? How many lives you use the Internet? About

Rep: (9)
ask me out, but not all at once. there were problems with Ruth. rutovat happened on this instruction
http: //savagemessiahzine.com/pages/g...p89mini-e2w6-5135.html
from the first time did not work, I have to alter the firmware again. and then on the new, from the ground up it went, before it has tried a lot of different progressive and they think that's their ponaostavlyali. then there was a problem with the firmware BIOS, trial and error found 2 errors in the instructions. then it turned out to install only the second stick, one reason it did not work. in all other respects the instructions.
But now everything is fine. of the unemployed have only a little buggy camera. the rest get the victory.
By the time the work is not particularly timed but once on the 70 percent managed to see 4 hours of video and still a little left. so I am satisfied with these figures.
time work noticed that if forced to disable all of the wireless modules subjectively working longer, and by default runs and zhps and bluetooth and communication and vayfay.

INSTALLING WINDOWS 8.1 ON A TABLET TECLAST X98 3G

Based oninstructionTranslated from foreign resources forumchaninShanghaiWall Also used his YaDiska files, for which I thank him very much.
Instruction has been fixed and substantially amended.

https://yadi.sk/d/iFOim4pMTRSjTadb 命令 .rar
https://yadi.sk/d/XJtQKwsATRSqRfpt-tools-package.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/UPidaxSkTRT3QFPTW.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/aVZOj1FMTRTDiX98_3G_windows_20140611.part1.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/X9w3_DDVTRbUHX98_3G_windows_20140611.part2.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/Ia5KRjaSTXyDgWinPE.rar
https://yadi.sk/d/ruKJ0Dj_ULZ7xteclast_intel_usbdrv_tools.zip

Required devices:

• Tablet Teclast x98 3G
  • Personal computer / Laptop with Windows 7/8 x32 / x64
  • USB hub (possibly with separate power supply)
  • USB2.0 flash drive with a storage capacity of 4 GB of the real volume (the conductor) of at least 3,6Gb
  • Usb keyboard
  • OTG cable

I. Creating a bootable Windows disk

1. Requires a USB2.0 flash drive with a minimum of 8 GB and a FAT32 file system, (you can install it on an SD card using a card reader). USB3.0 flash drive is undesirable.

Before you start, it is imperative formatthis programyour USB flash drive in FAT32. It is a full format, not quick! It's long, but guarantees the correct format. Windows does a standardized format, do not trust him, and even more so in the format of "clearing the table of contents" mode.

2. Download WinPE.rar, unpack the flash drive in the root folder
3. Download x98_3G_windows_20140611.part1.rar and x98_3G_windows_20140611.part2.rar and unpack the flash drives in the root folder.
4. After unpacking, the root folder will look like this:

Attached Image[/ url]

Do not change folder names and locations.

Ii. Android firmware upgrade

To ensure correct operation to stitch on Windows, tablet need to flash the firmware 1.16. Take that, you can GoogleDrive in the cap threads.

1. Download teclast_intel_usbdrv_tools.zip, unzip.
2. Install the driver and make the system settings and firmware programStrictly following these instructions.
3. Open ManufacturingFlashTool, File tab, go to the Settings, enter the SOC devices VID / PID and Android Devices VID / PID, and other settings as shown in the example, as well as to put in the same place in the debug logger level setting (this will help to get more information about possible errors):

Attached Image

4. Click OK.
5. Unpack the archive with the firmware android 1.16.And immediately rename the folder so that they do not contain characters or Cyrillic !!!
6. Start ManufacturingFlashTool, File tab, select Open, and then go to the folder in which the unzipped file and select flash.xml.
7. Turn off the tablet. Then, holding the Volume + and Volume -, turn it on. Loading tablet should stop on the logo Teclast.
8. Connect the tablet to the USB2.0 port on your computer (USB3.0, apparently, does not work).And best of all to the port on the back of the PC.
9. The tablet should automatically be defined in Windows as the Intel Android Composite ADB Interface and the update process starts.

Attached Image

Attached Image

11. If the firmware upgrade is completed successfully, you will see the following:

Attached Image

Iii. Install Root on the tablet

Follow this instructionTeclast x98 3G - Talk (Post # 32796884)

Iv. BIOS setup

1. Download and extract to disk PC adb 命令 .rar, remove from the folder name characters, leaving adb. Connect the tablet to a computer, make sure that Ruth received by CSS debugging is enabled, the ADB works.
2. Extract fpt-tools-package.rar the hard disk and to move the extracted folder in ADB (this example uses drive D: \) folder
3. Run the command line (press Win + R, type cmd and press Enter. It is possible that the command line needs to be run as administrator) and type the following

d:
cd adb
adb push fpt-tools-package data / local / tmp /
adb shell
cd data / local / tmp /
chmod 0777 FPT
su
./FPT -F Rom_8MB_Tablet_Windows.bin

4. If the BIOS installation is successful, you will see the following:

Attached Image

5. Turn off the tablet by long pressing the Power button,and be sure to wait at least 10 seconds before switching on again.
Notes on the BIOS:
  • The tablet can always be forcibly turned off long (15 seconds) by pressing the power button.
  • Turning takes place after a brief (less than 1 second) pressing the power button. Longer hold the button may cause hang-up of the tablet.
  • After turning off Never try to turn the tablet right away, be sure to wait at least 10 seconds, or he podvisnet.
  • Do not try to turn on the tablet with the connected charger - podvisnet.
  • To get into the BIOS settings, you need to connect the tablet to the keyboard. After briefly pressing the power button, immediately press the "DEL" at least three or four times. In this case, just below and to the right center of the screen, you will see a small tsyferki. That means it's time to start the BIOS and press "DEL".

PS. Speaking about the moment of suspension tablet, I imeyuyu in view of the fact that he goes to some, I do not understand, the third mode. Perhaps sleep or something like that. But since, in this case there is no indication, I think it ''s hanging. " BIOS, apparently, it is not native, and tore the apparatus with the same iron.

V. Installing Windows 8.1 on the tablet

As not once shown, steps 1-4 perform entirely optional. If you picked up the stick and correct and properly prepared it, the installation process will start automatically, immediately after you connect it to the tablet and turn.

1. Connect the USB hub to the tablet, connect the keyboard and the bootable USB flash drive to it.
2. Turn on the tablet and press Delete several times.
3. In the BIOS window that appears, select the Save & Exit tab.
4. In the Boot Override category, select a bootable USB flash drive.

Attached Image

5. Installing Windows 8.1, if done correctly, will start automatically.

Attached Image

6. When the inscription "Operation Successful", do not forget to pull out the USB flash drive, or after a reboot again to start the installation.

Attached Image

7. Turn off the tablet by long pressing Power.
8. Turn on the tablet.

Once you've installed and set up Windows on your tablet, it is recommended that you update the BIOS to a newer version of the Teclast, which I laid out in his report user zhukk .
To do this, unpack the release everywhere whether on the C: drive plate and run the batch file flash.bat "as Administrator" (long tap on flash.bat file and select the corresponding item.).After the process is finished, reset plate. : yes2:

PS. There will be time, I will describe the process of rolling back to Android.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 07.10.14, 04:57

Rep: (26)
What's up with reboots and hangs on vindous - have such problems? Can I use it in the street with a modem and gps?

xXx100 @ 08.07.2014, 15:26*
How many lives you use the Internet? About
6.5-7.5 hours.
bigsim @ 08.07.2014, 19:21*
What's up with reboots and hangs on vindous - have such problems? Can I use it in the street with a modem and gps?
Zavisonov and reboots, I personally experienced. GPS works fine, the modem has not yet enjoyed.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 09.07.14, 11:38
Reason for editing: deleted [/ mergetime]

The second day of play at the plate in the Command & Conquer: Generals on resolving something like 1024h (something there) and maximum detail. All class! Nostalgia! : D With the mouse though, tache to scroll the map is very inconvenient, or not used yet. Igruha, by the way, very ship iron, but Planchet is wonderful.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 09.07.14, 22:55

Rep: (2)
He suffered a 4 hour flashing at 1.12. He flashed. As a result, I offer instruction in the second section to add:
A) In paragraph 4, "and put in the same logger level setting in debug // is used that message seen, no magic.
B) paragraph after 10th
If crashes by 11% with the wording:
09/07/14 23: 43: 15.091 DEBUG: Port 0/1/3 # 0: SOC Device is disconnected - state: 2 - status - Droidboot successfully booted ... REBOOT
09/07/14 23: 43: 15.091 DEBUG: SOC device lost on port 19
// (Inscriptions actually see only if you make the steps from my point A))
nothing no need to invent: Load plate in this accident Droidboot mode, hold down the vol +. //those. off the plate to engage with pressing vol +
Naturally it is not necessary to interrupt the process of firmware at the same time. After downloading the firmware DroitBoot continue and everything will be "OK".

Highly recommend to paragraph 7 to check which device you have defined in the Device Manager in the mode which is obtained after the 8th paragraph (vol -, vol +, power on), if there is something different from Intel Android Composite ADB Interface - Change the driver hands I have like Intel Android Composite ADB Interface is not automatically sent.

// upd1
Set to the end, as a result of the instructions in the script to flash the BIOS, I would add at the beginning of "adb root", I have not seen the data directory.
Oddly enough, for the installation of Windows did not give the gift of a hub and Claudia, if otg through a USB flash drive with the installation of Windows to insert and turn the tablet's okay to install (Run the script and the ending will be similar to the inscriptions of the manual)

Post has been editedBigTzar - 09.07.14, 23:46

BigTzar @ 09.07.2014, 21:01*
nothing no need to invent: Load plate in this accident Droidboot mode, hold down the vol +. //those. off the plate to engage with pressing vol +
Naturally it is not necessary to interrupt the process of firmware at the same time. After downloading the firmware DroitBoot continue and everything will be "OK".

.... and get a brick on 26%

Although it is a tablet, I was just a brick, "26% -nika" and flash, live shilsya not in any. But after the operation, "okirpichivaniya" and firmware version 1.12 firmware droid refused to change the touch controller, had "Vertan" at 1.11, and again put spetspatch sew 1.12. That is characteristic: after brick and the first firmware, the tablet is sewn perfectly without vagaries. : Fool:

Post has been editedkostyamat - 10.07.14, 01:24

kostyamat @ 10.07.2014, 02:21*
and get a brick on 26%

I will not argue, he was afraid)))), but the fact remains that, first vol + vol- on, after switching off 11% vol + inc, waste without any problems, while in Droidboot on the tablet went log firmware ...

The truth about the touch panel is true, has fallen off, it is necessary to fall back and patch, but I have a question than the patch itself ... to put that behind such a "built-in program"?)

As an option to add to the instructions: if 1.12 tach became inverted - retraced 1.11 and apply the patch))), it's faster than Windows)

Rep: (0)
I put vin8 now the sensor began to work tight. When you spend your finger across the screen works as many touches, rather than as continuous. If you apply pressure, then fine. And on the screen edges offset - press a distance of half a centimeter, centimeter from the edge, and operates entirely on the edge. I do not know how to write a clear :) Does anyone know what's the matter?

Rep: (26)
sgtNemo @ 10.07.2014, 10:40*
Favor of the second day. All gud, but the tablet is rebooted periodically while in sleep mode, across somebody with this?

On Windows there is?

Apparently you have something with a screen) probably necessary that I ask))

Posted on 10/07/2014, 11:43:

As there is a general play? So clearly it operates on the allocation of such units? Is it possible to map moving finger in any area?

Posted on 10/07/2014, 11:48:

BigTzar @ 10.7.2014, 6:55*
I will not argue, he was afraid)))), but the fact remains that, first vol + vol- on, after switching off 11% vol + inc, waste without any problems, while in Droidboot on the tablet went log firmware ...

The truth about the touch panel is true, has fallen off, it is necessary to fall back and patch, but I have a question than the patch itself ... to put that behind such a "built-in program"?)

As an option to add to the instructions: if 1.12 tach became inverted - retraced 1.11 and apply the patch))), it's faster than Windows)

Image is reversed chtoli? I have a on kingzone k1 after flashing. There is a universal tool to rotate the image? I and a position sensor inverted

nec_rus @ 10.07.2014, 08:55*
I put vin8 now the sensor began to work tight.

Patch to fix the touch, put before installing Vindozy?

Yesterday I completely rewrote the instructions, taking into account the facts of the living members of the forum and wishes. He has made it into the cap, it can be used without "twinge". There are now all right. Successful firmware.

Rep: (4)
Chinese people who thread off site looks?herethere seems to be a way to install Windows without a hub, Usb, and Claudia, eV does not work so I can not tell accurate information or not

Vquo @ 10.07.2014, 14:27*
Chinese people who thread off site looks? there seems to be a way to have Windows installation without a hub, Usb, and Claudia, eV does not work so I can not tell accurate information or not

partly exactly reliable because installation without Claudia and hub even in the instructions included, about yusb do not know, but I think the problem is also at least - OTG cable comes to the same wrote that sd card such as a put ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 25/09/19, 19:17