> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Asus Padfone S PF500KL - Discussion | Smartphone 5.0 ''
Poll 12.02.15
What color is your machine?
The black [ 960 ] ** [69,72%]
White [ 314 ] ** [22,8%]
Are there any defects
Screech hull [ 203 ] ** [14,74%]
The display does not respond to pressing (including in the cold) [ 164 ] ** [11,91%]
Spontaneous reboots [ 137 ] ** [9,95%]
Other defects [ 139 ] ** [10,09%]
Without defects [ 734 ] ** [53,3%]
How satisfied are you with this device?
Exceeded all expectations [ 200 ] ** [14,52%]
Great smartphone [ 760 ] ** [55,19%]
Strong middling [ 266 ] ** [19,32%]
The smartphone is nowhere worse [ 40 ] ** [2,9%]
Passed back / sold [ 8 ] ** [0,58%]
Total votes: 1377

Rep: (352)
DiscussionAsus Padfone S PF500KL
PictureAsus Padfone S, ASUS_T00N, PF500KL
Description | Discussion | Custom firmware | Official firmware | Purchase | Accessories

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Specifications
Asus PadFone S, in comparison with the American version, received a new Snapdragon 801 processor, a body protected from moisture, and also support for wireless charging. The rest of the specifications are the same: 5-inch Full HD-display, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory with support for microSD cards up to 64 GB, 13-megapixel main and 2-megapixel front camera, as well as a battery with a capacity of 2 300 mAh. The docking station received a 8.9-inch display and its own battery with a capacity of 4,990 mAh. Devices running Android 4.4 KitKat. Declared support for 3G and 4G.
F.A.Q. on the unit(FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON THE FORUM: (READ ALL)
F.A.Q. - Basic information
1. What is the difference between Padfone S and Padfone X?
- Differences.

2. What is included in the package?
- Box, charger, cable, manual, headset.Doc The station is not included in the official kit sold in Russia.

3. Is the bootloader locked?
- Not.

4. Is the battery removable?
- Not.

5. What is the Sim card format?
- Micro-sim.

6. Is the OTG feature present?
- Yes.

7. Is there a glove mode?
- The manufacturer is not stated.

8. Is there any protection against drops / water?
- The ASUS PadFone S has resistance to falls (from a height of up to 1.5 on a steel surface) and splash protection (IPX2).

9. Does it support wireless charging / which chargers are suitable?
- Yes, proven chargers:1, 2.

10. Is there a radio?
- Yes, it works together with the headset.

11. Does the camera shoot video in 4K format?
- Yes.

12. Does the dock fit? station from previous padfone models?
- Not.

13. Tell me the model number of the dock. stations?
- P93L.

14. Is there a light indicator alert?
- There is. Top right. Colors: green, red, orange.

15. Should I glue the protective film?
- Yes,desirable.

16. The frame around the screen of a metal?
- Plastic coated with alloy:1, 2, 3, 4.

17. Will there be an official update to Android 5.0?
- Yes,expected in April 2015.

18. How long does the battery last?
- Depending on the firmware update, smartphone usage:1, 2, 3, 4, Battery Test in Antutu.

19. Tell me how the sound quality in the headphones?
- Feedback.

20. Is it possible to transfer applications to a memory card?
- Yes.

21. How to take a screenshot?
- There are two ways:1, 2.

22. How to increase the volume \ improve the quality of the external speaker?
- Independently, we are waiting for updates from Asus.

23. How many points does it score in Antutu and other benchmarks?
- 1, 2.

24. What is Throttling?
- This is a mechanism to protect the processor from thermal damage in case of overheating by skipping machine cycles. The higher the thermal load on the processor, the more cycles it misses, thus preventing the temperature from rising; however, this reduces efficiency and productivity. Simply put, as the core temperature rises, the processor's frequency drops from 2.3 to 1.0 GHz, the temperature rises, in games and applications very much. Proc decreases in frequency and the brakes begin.

25. What is OTA?
- Automatic firmware update over the air (via the Internet).

26. How to enter standard recovery?
- On the switched off smartphone, hold down the Volume- + Power Buttom. After the volume buttons, select Enter recovery mod.

27. Is it possible to turn on / off the warning light indicator?
- Settings ->Screen ->Indicator light ->Put / uncheck.

28. How to set a ringtone on a specific contact?
- So

F.A.Q. - By problems
1. When 4G is turned on, they can't reach me, what is the reason?
- Try changing SIM \ operator(This problem is a mobile operator).

2. I bought a phone, but firmware updates do not come, what should I do?
- Download the penultimate (or the one that is installed) the firmware from the ASUS website, unpack it in the phone’s memory (check for files in the archive, and not another archive), reboot, the phone will offer to update itself. Additional Information:1, 2.

3. The calendar contains Chinese characters for dates, how to remove?
- In the calendar settings, uncheck the checkbox “Show Chinese lunar calendar”

4. What is Asus Demo, and how to disable it (settings are not saved)?
- Decision

5. SMS is not sent to the operator Yota, what should I do?
- Decision

6. The time is shifted by an hour ahead in sms, calendar, etc., what to do?
- 1, 2

7. What should I do if any standard application displays an error message at startup?
- Go to settings - Applications - Find the application you are interested in - Erase data, Clear cache - Reload.

8. How to deal with high battery consumption (more than 5% is consumed per night)?
- Decision
Instructions
Useful
Fashion

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMgalex - 07.05.19, 14:10
Reason for editing: Removing the curator

Rep: (120)
This and X-so identical devices that two different topics, I do not see the point. Only the networks are slightly different, that's all. You can leave one topic for both devices.

Rep: (0)
Lindström @ 06/02/2014, 22:08*
This and X-so identical devices that two different topics, I do not see the point. Only the networks are slightly different, that's all. You can leave one topic for both devices.

"Asus PadFone S, in comparison with the American version, received a new Snapdragon 801 processor, a body protected from moisture, as well as support for wireless charging."

(c)

http: //savagemessiahzine.com/2014/07/09/166401/

The start of official sales in Taiwan is given.
On ibee proposal is.
Has nobody else ordered / received?
Reviews?
Awww?

Post has been editediAltair - 17.01.15, 13:21
Reason for editing: Combined

Rep: (352)
Has nobody else ordered / received?

No, i guess :(
But you can be the first: D

Rep: (46)
I'm going to order this somewhere in a month. No one has tried it yet?

Rep: (16)
For its price a good device in my opinion

Rep: (5)
Appeared on salehttp://www.asusmarket.ru/smarts/padfon-s.htm
I think this is the most attractive offer in terms of price / performance offered on the market at the moment.

SAB.Irbis @ 09/21/2014, 01:27*
Appeared on salehttp://www.asusmarket.ru/smarts/padfon-s.htm
I think this is the most attractive offer in terms of price / performance offered on the market at the moment.
I understand this without a docking station?

Rep: (13)
He has a docking station 9 '. Can I plug another dock on it? say from infinity? No one in the know?

Appeared in the DNS directory, but not yet available. But it seems that there is only a telephone, without a docking station.

Post has been editedExalm2 - 25.09.14, 07:39

Became the happy owner of the subject. Everything cool. Acquired in the asusmarket for 15k. Doc, as they said, has not yet been delivered to the Russian Federation. But on aliexpress already saw.

Piscometer antutu showed ~ 43,100 rabbits, confidently ahead of S5 (42437) and catching up with HTC one m8t (43287), while assuring me that I am the owner of zenfone 5 LTE (which offends).

LTE, NFC - are available, work.
The battery, with its volumes (2300mahov), sits down slightly faster than we would like, IMHO. The camera pleases. The screen is impressive. Brakes did not notice.

I plan to order a wireless charging, as well as a dock.

Rep: (10)
Became the happy owner of the subject. Everything cool. Acquired in the asusmarket for 15k. Doc, as they said, has not yet been delivered to the Russian Federation. But on aliexpress already saw.

Piscometer antutu showed ~ 43,100 rabbits, confidently ahead of S5 (42437) and catching up with HTC one m8t (43287), while assuring me that I am the owner of zenfone 5 LTE (which offends).

LTE, NFC - are available, work.
The battery, with its volumes (2300mahov), sits down slightly faster than we would like, IMHO. The camera pleases. The screen is impressive. Brakes did not notice.

I plan to order a wireless charging, as well as a dock.

Tell us more specifically about the battery, in general, a day is enough? How is the sound in the headphones?

Tell us more specifically about the battery, in general, a day is enough? How is the sound in the headphones?

With not very active use (several calls / sms, Internet hour, navigation hour), it will be enough for two days, maybe even a little more. In standby mode, the battery eats very slowly, in my opinion (1-2 (max)% per night).

Headphones are vacuum, the sound is good, clear, not too loud, there is still enough volume (I haven’t yet checked the subway).
It seemed to me that the sound of the external speaker is quiet ... Sometimes IMHO you can not hear the call. And the volume of conversational dynamics even had to be lowered a bit in the supermarket.

Rep: (2)
Hello! Tell us about screen coverage, is there a protection? Describe the impressions of the camera, with an example of a photo, if there is) is the flash bright? how do you hear when talking, do you hear the other person well?

Rep: (82)
* Nade4ka,
The screen is glass with oleophobic coating, the camera is normal, no worse and no better than other flagships. With audibility everything is OK. The photo was made on the go. The LTE network keeps well (of course when you are in the coverage area), supports our frequencies 2600 and 800Mzh, in contrast to HTC One E8 (no 800Mzh)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedtroy78 - 28.09.14, 15:40

Thank! Is there a glove mode? You can save applications on a memory card.
K
Check outForum Rules!
Namely:
1.8. In the case of a random replay of a post caused by clicking on some browsers, delete the repetitions ...
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

Post has been editediAltair - 01.12.14, 10:33
Reason for editing: Rules

* Nade4ka,
Yes, there is a transfer to the card
Attached Image

Although it is possible and so
Attached Image

Let the gentlemen from LG, Samsung further tales tell that in Android 4.4 Google closed the possibility of transferring prog to a memory card.

There is no glove mode, the flash is bright.

Post has been editedtroy78 - 28.09.14, 18:42

* troy78,
Do you have only a phone, or a dock too?

Edit: More: ZenUI is very different from the bare android?
In general, if I want to add AOSP to it, will it be easier to compile from source codes (And do I need to support the docking station with my hands, hehe) or roll back ASUS changes?

Post has been editedExalm2 - 28.09.14, 18:43

* Exalm2,
Dock for sale in Russia is not yet.

Thank!! Does it have a micro connector? And then in the day they write mini .. Do you have in black? Is the lid strongly branded? Is there a mode below? Does the Wi-Fi catch well? How are the games? ))

* Nade4ka,
Micro, black, soft cover, if the reading mode, that is, Wi-Fi, Snake 801, which may be problems with games.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.21.19, 23:00