147 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 12 '' | i3, i5, i7 | 8GB RAM
Lindström
Message#1
21.05.14, 20:09
Towards demonopolization
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 617
Check in: 27.10.13
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C

Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Description | Discussion | Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and 3 - Purchase and Accessories | Microsoft Surface 3 | Microsoft Surface Pro 4
Windows 8 | Windows 8.1 | Windows RT | Windows 7 | Windows xp | Ubuntu linux | Change the operating system | Search programs | Antivirus | Ambulance laptop owners | IT smoker

Attached Image

Additional photos
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Nomination "The best shot from the presentation"
Attached Image

Specifications:
Windows 8.1 Pro
Housing
Dimensions: 201.4 x 292.1 x 9.1 mm
Weight: 800 grams
Material: Magnesium
Color: silver

Screen
12-inch ClearType Full HD display
Resolution: 2160x1440 pixels (pixel density of 216 ppi)
Aspect ratio: 3: 2
Multitouch
Stylus 256 pressure levels

Composition of filling
Intel Dual-core i3, i5-4300U, i7-4650
Intel HD Graphics 4400 Graphics
From 4 to 8 GB of RAM - dual-channel LPDDR3 memory
TPM 2.0 crypto processor
Internal memory 64/128/256/512 GB

Communication interfaces
802.11 a / b / g / n / ac
Bluetooth 4.0 LE

Battery Up to 9 hours of web surfing

Camera, audio
5 megapixel main and front cameras with the ability to record 1080p video
Built-in front and rear microphones
Dolby Audio Stereo Speakers

Ports
USB 3.0
MicroSD memory card slot
Headphone jack
Mini displayport
Dock and Type Cover port
Charger connector

Sensors
Light sensor
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Magnetometer

Prices
  • Intel i3 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal memory - $ 799;
  • Intel i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of internal memory - $ 999;
  • Intel i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of internal memory - $ 1299;
  • Intel i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of internal memory - $ 1549;
  • Intel i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 512 GB of internal memory - $ 1949;

Additional Information:
Apple's iPad is still the undisputed leader in the tablet market, but competitors are not asleep. There are a lot of different Android-based tablets, and a couple of years ago, Microsoft also paid close attention to the booming market segment created by Apple. The company from Redmond managed to release two generations of its own tablet called Surface, but they failed to achieve significant popularity. At the same Nokia Lumia 2520, the prospects may be much brighter, but Microsoft is not going to throw a promising direction - today the corporation introduced Surface Pro 3 with a 12-inch display. According to Microsoft, this tablet is able to finally replace a full-fledged laptop.

Today in New York, Microsoft held a special event dedicated to Surface tablets. There, the new Surface Pro 3 was introduced, with which the company hopes to kill two birds with one stone: the iPad and the MacBook Air. How legitimate are such statements? Let's try to figure out by looking at the declared characteristics of the device.

So, first of all, Surface Pro 3 is a competitor for all ultrabooks and the MacBook Air in particular. The tablet is equipped with a 12-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2160 x 1440 pixels. It is made, of course, by capacitive technology, supports multitouch and gestures within Windows 8, but the Surface Pen stylus, which recognizes 256 pressure levels, will also be on sale.

Several modifications of Surface Pro 3 will be on sale. They will use Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors of the Haswell generation. The amount of RAM will vary from 4 to 8 GB, and as the drive is used SSD capacity from 64 to 512 GB. Knowing Microsoft, in the case of the minimum amount of drive for a large amount of free disk space is not worth counting. Dimensions of the device are 201x292x9.1 mm, and weight - 800 grams.

Among other features, it should be noted 5-megapixel main and front camera and a standard set of interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LTE. The tablet is equipped with USB 3.0, a microSD card reader and a Mini Display Port. The cheapest modification of Surface Pro 3 will cost $ 799, and the top will cost $ 1949. For all configurations promised up to 9 hours of battery life when using the browser. Pre-order will start tomorrow, and sales should begin in a month - June 20.

Finally, some interesting facts. For example, according to Microsoft, 96% of iPad owners also have a laptop. Surface Pro 3 in this case is a universal replacement for both devices. It is more functional (on board a full-fledged Windows 8.1 Pro) than the iPad, but at the same time more portable than the MacBook Air. As proof of the last statement, a Microsoft representative placed the tablet on one side of the scale, and put the Apple laptop on the next one. The result was in favor of the product from the company from Redmond.

However, to use Surface Pro 3 as a full replacement for a laptop, you will need to at least purchase a Type Cover keyboard for 0 or a full dock for oo, to which you can already connect all the necessary peripherals. The final price of such a decision will easily pass over the price of not only the iPad Air, but also the MacBook Air, which recently lost 0. in the price. As a result, the tablet from Microsoft really is a kind of compromise, but still loses the price and far away Not the fact that it will be more convenient and practical than a bunch of MacBook Air and iPad.

����� Microsoft Surface Pro 3 �� savagemessiahzine.com download

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedShoore - 11.11.15, 00:34
Reason for editing: link to Surface Pro 4
stavroga
Message#2
22.05.14, 04:03
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 150
Check in: 02.02.12
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

The device is of course beautiful. Parade of technology. But I just won’t buy a device for 30k + in which you can’t change a tired battery or a departed sshnik / cooler. And if you can, then for inadequate money. It is of course clear that T-shirts have realized that people will buy computers / laptops for themselves and use them for about 5 years, and then you don’t want to change in a couple of years. But my against
jenua_id
Message#3
22.05.14, 08:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 365
Check in: 04.10.13
Lenovo S850

When does it come out?
And please indicate the currency, and then one price - 949. And the other - 9
Lindström
Message#4
22.05.14, 11:43
Towards demonopolization
[offline]

Messages 617

This is some kind of bug, all prices have gone. I will correct.
At the expense of the tablet itself: obviously, it will have a lot of firmware with different systems. The first thing is an android, and everything else will grow by itself.

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
They have limited 300 characters.
Vitee_Ok
Message#5
22.05.14, 16:36
Cat in Tank
[offline]

Messages 1165
Check in: 21.11.12
Apple iPad 4

Lindström
UEFI already won?

--------------------
"The choice of the phone is a narrow path between the abyss of own ambitions and the sheer wall of technical compromises." - alex157-85
Heroes' Tavern
MaXiDRoM_90
Message#6
25.05.14, 17:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1146
Check in: 24.09.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Core i7 256 Gb. I hope our price will be more or less adequate. Moreover, by that time, perhaps, the dollar will still fall.
Lindström
Message#7
25.05.14, 17:34
Towards demonopolization
[offline]

Messages 617

MaXiDRoM_90,
for 45,000 ... a little expensive, but you can wait - by the end of the year it will become cheaper and can be bought for 38,000.

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
They have limited 300 characters.
Mortare
Message#8
26.05.14, 23:50
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067
Check in: 07.07.12
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

Awesome device. This is how Surface Pro should have been originally, but it's better late than never.

I think the version with i5 and 128GB at the start in our online stores will cost around 45k. If so, then it is normal - I took Pro 2 in a similar configuration half a year ago for 40k.

I am more confused by the potential price for a new type of cover. In theory, he is a masthead, but ... If we managed to break the 7th version for the 2nd version, then for the third they will ask for nothing less. And for the usual clavus, even if it is quite suitable, give the price of a netbook ... Well, I do not know.

Otherwise, everything is just wonderful. Finally, 12 ", finally a stand with a freely adjustable angle, finally a thickness and weight close to optimal. And suddenly an awesome 3: 2 ratio, which I have dreamed of since the monitor market was flooded with poor widescreen. Yes, and the design has become prettier slightly, yet the white edging and back cover give the device a certain charm. However, I am not sure that the start button was transferred to the right frame, but oh well, this is not critical.

That's what is still not enough for complete happiness - the compartment under the stylus. Nevertheless, it is inconvenient to fasten it to the charging port each time, it falls off if you touch it slightly or hook it on something.
Well, it would be quite super to see the second USB 3.0, but here it is not harmful to dream = /

Post has been editedMortare - 26.05.14, 23:57

--------------------
Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, Samsung Ativ S (WP 8.1)
Smart watch: Asus ZenWatch 2
Ultrabook transformer: Sony Vaio Duo 13 (core i7-4500U, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd)
My nickname is
Message#9
27.05.14, 00:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 447
Check in: 05.09.13

Maybe it will be easier to disassemble and upgrade than, say, the first version: rolleyes:

--------------------
The problem of the country is that each of its “citizens” thinks that nothing depends on him ^ _ ^
Mortare
Message#10
27.05.14, 08:09
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Unlikely. Ready to argue, the display is set on glue again, if you remove it, you kill it.

--------------------
fxa
Message#11
27.05.14, 08:41
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1322
Check in: 13.11.12

MyNick @ 05/27/2014, 00:37*
Maybe it will be easier to disassemble and upgrade than, say, the first version

Due to its smaller thickness - it is unlikely ...

Mortare,you would have handouts to write for Surface: D

Mortare @ 05/26/2014, 11:50 PM*
I think the version with i5 and 128GB at the start in our online stores will cost around 45k

The European price tag of the aforementioned model is 999 euros, we translate into rubles ourselves, well, plus other excess pricing in Russia)
The keyboard is yes, must have, because it eliminates the need to buy another case. Well, the price tag of 130 euros is, as it were, expensive, but it’s also backlit;) But seriously, I don’t see anything terrible here, all tablets have similar keyboard covers for at least a hundred. And the pen is no longer attached to the charging port, there is no magnet in it, you can only purchase a loop for 5 euros to the keyboard.

But, I am confused by some moments in this "ideal" device.
1. Will it trot? (such a thin case is not given for free, and one fan against two in the second generation)
2. Start of sales in Europe on August 31, wait another 3 months, would it not be easier to wait for another 3 months and take the device to Broadwell, I don’t understand why they decided to release a new surprise on last year’s processors.

p.s. And how does the magnesium alloy behave, somewhere I heard that it peels off over time?

--------------------
akupernog
Message#12
27.05.14, 10:10
Ran past
[offline]

Messages 525
Check in: 29.08.10
Lenovo Vibe Shot

fxa @ 05/27/2014, 09:41*
p.s. And how does the magnesium alloy behave, somewhere I heard that it peels off over time?

My Surface Pro 2 (6 months of use)
Spoiler
Attached Image

And on what basis does his stylus work? How does it determine button presses so far from the screen?
fxa
Message#13
27.05.14, 10:22
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1322

akupernog,Yeah, with peeling off just tin.

And the stylus technology is very similar to Wacom, plus now Microsoft has added bluetooth for such a remote “waking up” tablet. The pen has an AAAA battery, which can be a minus.

--------------------
Mortare
Message#14
27.05.14, 13:55
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

European price tag marked model 999 euros

Why look at the European price tag? Our online stores are purchased in the US, of course for dollars. So that the final price is based on them. In any case, Pro 2 was exactly like that.

all tablets have similar keyboard cases;

If we talk about a bucket, then yes. But most windows tablets, especially expensive ones, are equipped with a default keyboard dock. And in addition to Claudia and the touchpad, an additional akb or at least several ports-replicators are often integrated.

No, this is not a claim to Surface as such, but still, IMHO, the price of accessories is too high to disgrace.
And the pen is no longer attached to the charging port, there is no magnet in it, you can only purchase a loop for 5 euros to the keyboard.

Well, amazing. In the MC, apparently, they want us to lose the complete stylus as soon as possible and run for a new one: D
Will it trot? (such a thin case is not given for free, and one fan against two in the second generation)

One cooler? Cool! Common sense suggests that it cannot cope with cooling the device while simultaneously loading the CPU and GPU. There are even two fans at Pro 2 cope with great difficulty.
On the other hand, I want to believe that not idiots are sitting in the MC. And they understand everything, and therefore took action. Maybe a copper radiator set?
I do not understand why they decided to release a new surprise on last year’s processors.

Some kind of trouble with Broadwell, he is late. There is a serious possibility that we will not see a single device on it until the end of the year.
This, by the way, is one of those reasons for which the apple next air stub will do on ARM.

--------------------
kukuruz
Message#15
27.05.14, 14:39
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 457
Check in: 17.02.07
Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT-I9100

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 16:55*
One cooler? Cool! Common sense suggests that it cannot cope with cooling the device while simultaneously loading the CPU and GPU. There are even two fans at Pro 2 cope with great difficulty.
On the other hand, I want to believe that not idiots are sitting in the MC. And they understand everything, and therefore took action. Maybe a copper radiator set?

I saw the information that the version with i3 is generally with passive cooling. So everything should be fine.

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 16:55*
Some kind of trouble with Broadwell, he is late. There is a serious possibility that we will not see a single device on it until the end of the year.

Yes, not earlier than December.
Mortare
Message#16
27.05.14, 15:26
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Kukuruz @ 05/27/2014, 3:39 PM*
I saw the information that the version with i3 is generally with passive cooling. So everything should be fine.

In the case of i3, this is the Y version. It is distinguished by even lower power consumption at a performance somewhere at the level of the pentium generation bay trail. Obviously, such iron can also do with passive cooling.

But i5 is a full-fledged U-version here, moreover with overclocking in turbo busts to 2.9 GHz. I'm afraid it will be hard.

Post has been editedMortare - 27.05.14, 15:29

--------------------
fxa
Message#17
27.05.14, 15:29
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1322

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 1:55 PM*
Why look at the European price tag?

I apologize, I forgot that Surface Pro was not officially sold in Russia. Then yes, American prices plus cheating, which are generally difficult to predict, I think at first, and 45k will be honey.

most windows tablets, especially expensive ones, are equipped with a default keyboard dock

For me, so almost none. Asus T100 (or old Acer W510) are not indicators, it is rather a class like that. And they are cheap. For the rest of Windows-tablets, the keyboard costs money, and if it is also with a battery, then good money (~ $ 200). But the keyboard is a surprise about 3, I like it, it has mechanical buttons (and not touch, printed on a rubber mat), backlight, light weight and also serves as a screen protection. For this, I'm ready to lay out 130 bucks. Only one good case would have flown into $ 50, I suppose ...

Maybe a copper radiator set?

Copperthere is clearly present, but I have already ceased to believe in miracles. For now, I believe in trotting more. Here isheremore about his fan.

Kukuruz @ 05/27/2014, 2:39 PM*
Saw the information that the version with i3 is generally passively cooled

This information is akin to "one grandma said." I'm afraid that before August no one will know. Even though this i3 is just "rotten"comparing with the i5-4300U, I don’t think it will be without a fan. Yes, and Microsoft is so seriously changing the constructive is an extra cost, why. Who wants a fan, went a long time and bought a tablet on Atom, especially since they are not far from Core Y in performance.

--------------------
Mortare
Message#18
27.05.14, 15:59
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

fxa @ 05/27/2014, 16:29*
For me, so almost none.

Asus TX300CA - keyboard dock with battery, hard drive, 3 USB 3.0, network card and additional speakers included. Asus T300LA - stupidly keyboard dlk without nifiga, but wireless. Again, included. Lenovo Helix - complete dock with ports, hard drive and battery. Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro - a simple dock with a pair of additional USB, also a kit. Well, and so on.

About the penny, but still equipped with a dock device like the Asus TF810, HP Envy X2, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, etc. I do not speak.
Copper is clearly present there, but I have already ceased to believe in miracles. For now, I believe in trotting more. Here is another about his fan.

We will wait for the test results. I really hope for a review from notebook, experience has shown that they are 99% trustworthy.

This information is akin to "one grandma said."

Suddenly, this is the official info.

http: //savagemessiahzine.com/2014/05/20/159396/

"Inside the Surface Pro 3 is installed cooler, although the tablet in the simplest version with an Intel Core i3 processor will be deprived of an active cooling system."

I'm afraid that before August no one will know.

/ double suddenly - June 20, sales start in the USA. So as soon as, so immediately English-speaking reviews from America.
"Surface Pro 3 will go on sale June 20, and the pre-order for the device will be open tomorrow" - the same press release.

--------------------
fxa
Message#19
27.05.14, 16:46
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1322

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 3:59 PM*
Asus TX300CA, Asus T300LA, Lenovo Helix, Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro

I admit honestly - I completely lost sight of these monsters. Although they can also be attributed to thoroughbred tablets, it is not for nothing that Asus, Samsung and Lenovo keep their offspring in the sections “Ultrabooks-Transformers Notebooks”.
For me, the tablets end up somewhere around 10 ", then by pure chance turned his gaze to the new Surfice, and even then, thanks to his weight, he did not turn away - with a keyboard-cover there will be no more than 1 kg, you can survive.

Suddenly, this is the official info.

But the official said it loudly, carefully watched the entire presentation - Microsoft didn’t say anything like it, just read a bunch of English-language previews - similarly. But on a couple of forums I saw a “boltology” about the liability on i3. There was also such news from the category of rumors before the presentation Surface Pro 3 - they say it represents Surfeys without a fan. Maybe from there and legs grow at this. I prefer to believe my common sense for now that no one will refuse the fan and seriously change the design, with this weak i3 he probably even can cope without trotling :)

/ double suddenly - June 20, US sales start

Suddenly of course, but this is the start of sales of a single model on the i5-4300U, the rest of August 31, all in the same America;) And from June 6 they will be available in American Microsoft stores - for review. If someone lives there, he can go and see, maybe even run LinX and look at trotting. But, it seems, even earlier everything will be clear ...
There are already a lot of reviews, I read about five for sure. It is a pity there is no detailed, checking for trotting, etc. The notebooks would be useful, but there seems to be growing up in Europe, and it seems that no one has provided a sample of the product ... So far, all hope is for Anand.

--------------------
Mortare
Message#20
27.05.14, 17:25
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

fxa @ 05/27/2014, 5:46 PM*
I admit honestly - I completely lost sight of these monsters. Although they can also be attributed to thoroughbred tablets, it is not for nothing that Asus, Samsung and Lenovo keep their offspring in the sections “Ultrabooks-Transformers Notebooks”.

Well, I do not know, Ativ Smart PC Pro with its 11.6 "diagonal weighed around 880g., Which is not so much. 20 grams less than Pro 2, if it comes to that. However, okay, this is completely offtopic ( :

But the official said it loudly, carefully watched the entire presentation - Microsoft didn’t say anything like it, just read a bunch of English-language previews - similarly.

In general, yes, I agree - it was from Microsoft that there was no information on this issue. But honestly, personally, I’m almost sure that i3 will be from passive CO. There are already precedents for such tablets. And this is a good kick in the ass MacBook, while he has not yet switched to Arm - they say, but our device has no fans! MS will not miss this chance.

Suddenly of course, but this is the start of sales of a single model on the i5-4300U

For me, this model is of the greatest interest. The optimal balance between price and performance. i3-Y is frankly weak and wretched, and i7 is completely unnecessary in such a device, throttling will not allow its potential to open up to 70%.

--------------------
fxa
Message#21
27.05.14, 17:48
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1322

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 5:25 pm*
I'm pretty sure that i3 will be with passive CO. There are already precedents for such tablets. And this is a good kick in the ass MacBook

In August, and find out everything, and maybe even earlier. And MacBook Air, one of the last was not in the passive? (I don’t follow the technology of apples very much, but it seems to have flashed about infa), but I don’t know about the AWP, I don’t take it seriously for now except in smartphones and other smart watches)

Mortare @ 05/27/2014, 5:25 pm*
For me, this model is of the greatest interest.

I agree, only this model is worth considering. Instead of i3, I'd rather take a tablet on the Atom, it will also come out cheaper, and i7 able to take the battery off in a couple of hours under load, I don’t know for whom and why. People who need computing power will buy a laptop with a weight of 2kg and a full 4-core i7.

--------------------

147 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/27/19, 07:26