MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion | [wifirouter] Settings, Help
Questionnaire
What bugs / glitches happen or happened to your router or did everything go smoothly and without sadness?
Wan falls off [ 82 ] ** [5,77%]
Wi-Fi falls off on a connected device [ 153 ] ** [10,77%]
Wi-Fi falls off / slows down at the router [ 131 ] ** [9,22%]
All interfaces fall off, the router goes into a soft-reboot [ 27 ] ** [1,9%]
Samba falls off [ 26 ] ** [1,83%]
Limits speed [ 147 ] ** [10,34%]
Hard drive crashed [ 22 ] ** [1,55%]
Hardware failure [ 15 ] ** [1,06%]
There are no problems, the router is a model of stability and performance! [ 460 ] ** [32,37%]
I do not know any problems. I stuck the cable, set up the wafer with the password 11111111 and did not climb anywhere else / hard went into my pocket. [ 370 ] ** [26,04%]
Total votes: 1421

Rep: (811)
Xiaomi Mi Router (R1D) - Discussion
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Firmware | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Windows)
Xiaomi Mi-router (R2D) - Discussion | MiWiFi mini | Xiaomi Mi-router mini | Xiaomi club

Attached Image

Attention!
Description
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Productive solution - dual-band smart AC router with internal 1 TB disk.
Official price (in China): 699 е…ѓ (yuan) ~ 115 $ ~ 4000 rub.
Gigabit Wi-Fi came with an AC router! 3 times faster! Supports the latest 802.11ac protocol, using the most powerful Broadcom BCM4709 processor.
Modern equipment fully supports the latest version of Wi-Fi protocol 802.11ac. Has your router entered the era of AC?
miWiFi is a modern dual-band router with the highest data transfer rate - up to 1167 Mbit / s. The Broadcom dual-core CPU and 256MB of Micron / Samsung memory ensure stable high-speed booting, preloading, network acceleration, a wealth of additional applications and superior performance to a 1 TB hard drive.

Specifications
- 2-core processor Broadcom BCM4709 (Cortex-A9) with a frequency of 1 GHz
- 256 MB RAM DDR3
- 1 TB SATA (Toshiba / Samsung) hard drive (internal SATA)
- Supports 802.11ac WiFi in two bands, at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- NFC support
- 1 WAN port
- 2 LAN ports
- holes for 40 mm fans
- A cover at the bottom of the case.
Reviews and Tests
Instructions
Useful
Poll results
Attached Image

Topics CuratorEugener , for questions about filling caps contact in QMS .

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 12.09.18, 22:36
Reason for editing: renewal, completed by SKALDEK

Rep: (311)
A1mas @ 06.07.2014, 13:18*
Now copy speed on a router with gigabit connections I have 26-28 MB / s.

Not much anyway, it should be 35

Rep: (36)
* EuGenEr,
In fact, in the process of copying film library from a computer on the router to see that the rate jumps from 10 to 60, apparently depends on the copy source, its fragmentation in particular.
For the purity of the experiment (without synthetic tests) in the evening I try to fill a large file with SSD on the router.

Rep: (441)
EuGenEr @ 07.07.2014, 14:00*

35 this with all services xiaomi. here naked openwrt + luci (for which the weight is the norm 2-4 mb)

Post has been editedlightvik - 07.07.14, 12:13

* lightvik,
I'm talking about the speed of copying)

Ervan_vz @ 07.07.2014, 13:10*
Why not assemble with the maximum set of drivers and kernel modules, and of ssh + luci. and the rest is from the package then you can bet.
I just tried this on VDS, but will have to carry on a real computer assembly. But if you would do such an option, I would check on your router

there is just a chance that it generally turns a lot longer (in the version which is currently collected). Incidentally ssh + luci complete.
if onaya be got - you can easily make an assembly with any service. and if not start 2 ways:
1) dismantle find contacts rs-232 - and try to connect to the console through the adapter, then try to revive
2) JTAG.

wifi way may start, drivers seem to go on soc.

Post has been editedlightvik - 07.07.14, 12:18

Rep: (258)
A1mas @ 06.07.2014, 14:18*

By the way, pretty good even such a result, achieved on other devices such speeds is almost impossible, only routers from $ 150-200. Himself looking for himself router + nas + torrent rocking, interested Xiaomi Mi valuable / capabilities. I walked cursory search on the topic, but did not understand, there is a built-in torrent chair right in the router? Without computers.

Rep: (4)
EuGenEr @ 07.07.2014, 14:00*
A1mas @ 06.07.2014, 13:18

When only connected my router, then I siphoned entire library of 350 GB (movie + series + cartoon son) on a router for about 45 - 50 minutes.

Hedge21 @ 07.07.2014, 15:40*
I walked cursory search on the topic, but did not understand, there is a built-in torrent chair right in the router? Without computers.

Yes. put torrent swing is not even in the house can be by application to the PC and phone

Rep: (29)
lightvik @ 07.07.2014, 13:02*
there is just a chance that it generally turns a lot longer (in the version which is currently collected). Incidentally ssh + luci complete.
if onaya be got - you can easily make an assembly with any service. and if not start 2 ways:
1) dismantle find contacts rs-232 - and try to connect to the console through the adapter, then try to revive
2) JTAG.

wifi way may start, drivers seem to go on soc.

unsubscribed you in QMS, so here is not to scare people

Rep: (13)
Good day, comrades!
He became the owner of this resolution of the device. There was such question: whether it is planned in this connection settings devayse implementation of PPTP & L2TP protocols? Before buying once it sichtal amo granted for such devices, it turned out that is not right. [We had already expressed on the advice of the topic simply connect the WAN port of the cable from the LAN port of the currently active router. But it is somehow not comme il faut. I would like to use one device ...

Rep: (36)
* VlRUS,
Cheto a menu is seen on one of the tabs.
I do not need it, I have a PPPoE, so I can not vouch for the performance.

VlRUS @ 07.07.2014, 17:32*
He became the owner of this resolution of the device. There was such question: whether it is planned in this connection settings devayse implementation of PPTP & L2TP protocols? Before buying once it sichtal amo granted for such devices, it turned out that is not right. [We had already expressed on the advice of the topic simply connect the WAN port of the cable from the LAN port of the currently active router. But it is somehow not comme il faut. I would like to use one device ...

sew the latest firmware dev. there is

disassembled router. I connect the drive to your PC. located on hard / etc section with a router settings. I'm looking for where and what needs to be changed to allow ssh in the firmware. if anyone knows where to dig - write in qms
update 1;
This firmware is collected on the basis 12.09.1 ​​AA stable version openwrt
update 2;
I try through chroot Change the root passworda bad idea to do it on arm
update 3;
access to ssh received. instruction will be a little later - very much helped the peoplehttps: //www.linux.org....ople/edigaryev/profile
update;
Ports in the router interface 1 is divided into 2 vlan [vlan 0.2 = WAN, vlan 0.1 = LAN]

Post has been editedlightvik - 07.07.14, 21:09

Instructions for obtaining access to the SSH {informal method} On the router [Xiaomi Router]:

1 - DEV need to install the firmware version and update it to the latest version of OTA, link to a page with firmware -bbs.xiaomi.cn
2 - after the firmware and update the device to the latest version - properly turn off the router via a web interface, the router dismantle and take out the hard drive
3 - connect the hard drive to a computer with linux, I have earned correctly on xubuntu 14.04 (on fedora failed to mount)
4 - As soon as you connect the hard drive will be 4 in [~ 128MB / ~ 128MB / ~ 256MB / ~ 900GB] we are interested in section 256 mb [most likely it will be sd (x) 3] - install it as it is convenient.
5 - from the root! go to the file manager (on Ubuntu this can be done through the command sudo) and open in a text editor, a file / etc / shadow
contents of the file looks like this:
root: $ 1 $ Uv69t2BL $ rsYh2eEPEB..Et3QLkLmf1: 16255: 0: 99999: 7 :::
daemon: *: 0: 0: 99999: 7 :::
ftp: *: 0: 0: 99999: 7 :::
network: *: 0: 0: 99999: 7 :::
nobody: *: 0: 0: 99999: 7 :::
2882303761517170443: Ag6iQQkpHCcZY: 16196: 0: 99999: 7 :::

we need to change the contents of the $ 1 $ Uv69t2BL $ rsYh2eEPEB..Et3QLkLmf1 - this line is the password hash. we need to replace it with a hash of the password - how to do it is described in paragraph 6
6 - go to the command prompt and enter the command openssl passwd -1, later in the console it will ask 2 times for a password - enter the password for that will go over SSH to the router.
get something like $ 1 $ EYdI7hvU $ Za.jo6jyqe88 / rOrW3SEQ0 - our new hash, we replace them old hash of the file / etc / shadow as described in paragraph 5.
7 - save the changes, switch off the PC, router Sobieraj back and include it
8 - try to connect by SSH [root name, password - one that we introduced in paragraph 6] - if that's right, you connect to the router as the root user
Result
vik @ I5-U: ~ / Stable $ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:

BusyBox v1.19.4 (2014-07-03 21:21:38 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

-----------------------------------------------------
Welcome to XiaoQiang!
-----------------------------------------------------
root @ XiaoQiang: ~ #

All actions are performed at your own risk. examining the router you lose garanitiyu from xiaomi and will not be able to return the router for repair of the Chinese.

Post has been editedlightvik - 03.08.14, 19:23

Rep: (3)
bad that it is necessary to disassemble the router, I just like a new laptop with Windows.

Maybe something like manage to rebuild the firmware as root? And I wonder if the update OTA Root will fly, the idea should not?

paced the configs, all you need debugged via the vim, edit the opkg.conf, the package manager earned, the router is ready for the thin dopilivaniyu: butcher:

Posted on 07/07/2014, 21:24:

sichovanton @ 08.07.2014, 00:12*
Maybe something like manage to rebuild the firmware as root?

need access to hard, this is the easiest way. well, or self-assembly to do - put it above [only check is not recommended], it is believed that this is a direct way to ditch the router.

Posted on 07/07/2014, 21:28:

bad that it is necessary to disassemble the router, I just like a new laptop with Windows.

write down on a USB flash drive / dvd disc image from the Ubuntu iso. disassemble the laptop and insert the hard instead of native on time
And I wonder if the update OTA Root will fly, the idea should not?

I've found that if they will not touch that everything will be ok. if you will - welcome to torment.

in the presence of ssh is possible through winscp for scp protocol go to the router and is very quick and easy to edit any of the needed configs.

Post has been editedlightvik - 07.07.14, 21:40

* lightvik,
I have a 22 port general silence, hike the sshd never raised his kerf before attempting zakonnektitsya?

EuGenEr @ 08.07.2014, 01:18*
I have a 22 port general silence, hike the sshd never raised his kerf before attempting zakonnektitsya?

daemon sshd = dropbear in this case. having access to the / etc / config - edit the file dropbear ->reducible to this form:
config dropbear
option PasswordAuth 'on'
option RootPasswordAuth 'on'
option Port '22'
# Option BannerFile '/ etc / banner'

and it will work

also on the last dev firmware it is probably like to include in the admin panel (run service). but the password as root still there without changing the / etc / shadow

update 1:

I noticed an interesting thing, for https access to our Chinese luci does not work. maybe get a normal Russian web admin hang on to https and we will have two of them - that is, without losing functionality will xiaomi juzat clean openwrt

Post has been editedlightvik - 08.07.14, 08:27

lightvik @ 08.07.2014, 08:23*
maybe get a normal Russian web admin hang on to https

I would have done differently. Full face of Lucy OpenWRT on a separate virtual host, for example miowrt.com some, but from http to https redirection to do all that only https yuzalsya (well, it's optional).

Rep: (38)
Good day.
I can not understand that I have a refreshed stabilka to version 0.5.79, and there is a new client for the phone version 1.0.12 (two days and no one has written)
In stabilke I saw a lot of what users asked for:

what I saw as it opened in the developer tools SSH access with username and password
and added PPTP / L2TP protocols is that many people do not have enough

Post has been editedZel_ik - 08.07.14, 12:23

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/09/19, 19:36