MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router (R1D) - Discussion | [wifirouter] Settings, Help
Questionnaire
What bugs / glitches happen or happened to your router or did everything go smoothly and without sadness?
Wan falls off [ 94 ] ** [6,21%]
Wi-Fi falls off on a connected device [ 179 ] ** [11,82%]
Wi-Fi falls off / slows down at the router [ 156 ] ** [10,3%]
All interfaces fall off, the router goes into a soft-reboot [ 32 ] ** [2,11%]
Samba falls off [ 26 ] ** [1,72%]
Limits speed [ 164 ] ** [10,83%]
Hard drive crashed [ 23 ] ** [1,52%]
Hardware failure [ 17 ] ** [1,12%]
There are no problems, the router is a model of stability and performance! [ 478 ] ** [31,57%]
I do not know any problems. I stuck the cable, set up the wafer with the password 11111111 and did not climb anywhere else / hard went into my pocket. [ 381 ] ** [25,17%]
Total votes: 1514

Rep: (1024)
Xiaomi Mi Router (R1D) - Discussion
Talk R1D пїЅ | (R1D) - Firmware пїЅ | (R2D) - Discussion пїЅ | HD - Discussion пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ
Mi WiFi (client for Android) | Mi WiFi (client for Windows)

Attached Image

Attention!
Description
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Productive solution - dual-band smart AC router with internal 1 TB disk.
Official price (in China): 699 е…ѓ (yuan) ~ 115 $ ~ 4000 rub.
Gigabit Wi-Fi came with an AC router! 3 times faster! Supports the latest 802.11ac protocol, using the most powerful Broadcom BCM4709 processor.
Modern equipment fully supports the latest version of Wi-Fi protocol 802.11ac. Has your router entered the era of AC?
miWiFi is a modern dual-band router with the highest data transfer rate - up to 1167 Mbit / s. The Broadcom dual-core CPU and 256MB of Micron / Samsung memory ensure stable high-speed booting, preloading, network acceleration, a wealth of additional applications and superior performance to a 1 TB hard drive.

Specifications
- 2-core processor Broadcom BCM4709 (Cortex-A9) with a frequency of 1 GHz
- 256 MB RAM DDR3
- 1 TB SATA (Toshiba / Samsung) hard drive (internal SATA)
- Supports 802.11ac WiFi in two bands, at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- NFC support
- 1 WAN port
- 2 LAN ports
- holes for 40 mm fans
- A cover at the bottom of the case.
Reviews and Tests
Instructions

Recovery:

Additional software:

Modified Clients
Useful
  • Official page
  • Information on the official forum
  • Download software from the office. pages
  • To accessdisk ball using the Samba protocol, you need to use the following path: \\ miwifi.com \ XiaoMi \
  • ThemeOn the offline forum with all versions of stable and developer firmware.
  • Themewith instructions on how to add the necessary modules missing initially on the firmware.
  • ThemeWith a plug-in on the phone to display all temperatures on the router. The plugin is true in Chinese :)
  • Themewith browser plugins
  • One of the HDD options inside: Seagate / Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST1000LM02
Poll results
Attached Image

Post has been editedFidelich - 10.11.20, 18:07
Reason for editing: Instructions: added a bulleted list

Rep: (180)
* tsynik,
Organize. I personally have no need to store what you can take from here - www1.miwifi.com
I posted an instructions for remote access on last page. It duplicated instructions for accessing SSH.
And why do you need ssh? Because it is from others?
You need a developer firmware. Last (translated) is now 0.9.52.

Rep: (355)
VL @ d_i_mir @ 12/15/2014, 19:17*
And why do you need ssh? Because it is from others?

To begin with, in order to get a well-understood language. English and Russian, I understand, but Chinese - no. I need to change Mac to set up the Internet. Well, in the future I plan to put a DD-WRT, and try to collect DD-WRT from sources directly for R1D. Something like this ;-)

P.S. Installed ROM 0.9.52. But, on ssh [email protected] Router says - SSH: Connect to host 192.168.31.1 Port 22: Connection refused. That is, the default daemon is not running? Password I can change without problems locally, inserting the disk in the box, and how to enable the service without any registration from Xiaomi?

Post has been editedtsynik - 15.12.14, 19:42

Rep: (501)
Trackscream ,

Attached files

Attached filelua.tar.gz(573.4 KB)
Attached filewww.tar.gz(7.61 MB)

Rep: (442)
Tsynik @ 12/15/2014, 21:58*
get ssh

MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Discussion (Post # 33198608)
cap instruction

Lightvik @ 12/15/2014, 19:50*
MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router - Discussion (Post # 33198608)
cap instruction

Read, the algorithm is understandable. But since there is no Internet on the router, I wanted to take advantage of the password in / etc / shadow.
Developing firmware 0.9.52 Put, the password replaced, but the service is not active (although the contents / etc / config / dropbear correspond to what they have recommended earlier in the subject). This method is no longer relevant and does not work?

Post has been editedtsynik - 15.12.14, 20:06

Tsynik @ 12/15/2014, 23:06*
I wanted to take advantage of the password replacement in / etc / shadow.

will not work. TrackScream said they changed something in the firmware and just so it would not work.

Post has been editedlightvik - 15.12.14, 20:13

Lightvik @ 12/15/2014, 20:13*
will not work. TrackScream said they changed something in the firmware and just so it would not work.

Gee-Gee) Why then is it in the header? It turns out a vicious circle: To customize the Internet, you need English or Russian, and to put it - you need SSH) Xiaomi account, there is a client on the phone, the router sees, but binding refuses, since there is no network on the router)))
With grief in half, changed Mac and set up the Internet, downloaded from the site miwifi_ssh.bin, wrote down the password, threw on the USB flash drive,But after switching on with a squeezed reset - the router is reset to default, and SSH does not appear (Port 22 - closed). It turned out that the firmware file on the flash drive was not changed, and was used instead of miwifi_ssh.bin. Everything worked out!

Post has been editedtsynik - 15.12.14, 21:00

* tsynik,
Something you do wrong. Dozen people did and everything turned out, and you can't work.
Tsynik @ 12/15/2014, 21:23*
It turns out a vicious circle: to customize the Internet need English or Russian

And who said that the device was declared for the international market? I repeat, dozens of people set up an Internet.
In the header there is instructions - translation of items from Chinese into English.
You have a bunch of ambitions. I do not like, make constructive suggestions, not your "gee-gee".

Post has been editedVl @ d_I_Mir - 15.12.14, 21:15

VL @ d_i_mir @ 12/15/2014, 20:55*
Something you do wrong. Dozen people did and everything turned out, and you can't work.

I did everything right) but, renaming the file with the firmware itself left it on the flash drive, and the poppy was added back the extension, and it was used instead of SSH.
Translated with fonts: Default for Body left "Chinese" 'Microsoft Yahei', 'Hiragino Sans GB', Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif; And it looks terrible) you need to leave Arial, or replace the new-fashioned 'Helvetica Neue' if someone has)

The following commands correct the situation:

mount -o remount, rw /
Find / WWW / Xiaoqiang / WWW / Xiaoqiang / Web / CSS -Type F -Exec Sed -i 'S / Microsoft Yahei / Helvetica Neue / G' {} \;

Instead of Helvetica Neue, you can choose any font, naturally.

VL @ d_i_mir @ 12/15/2014, 20:55*
In the header there is instructions - translation of items from Chinese into English.

It does not work without the Internet ;-)

Attached Image

Saying another version of the logo

Attached Image

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 16.01.15, 08:08
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (107)
Lightvik @ 12/15/2014, 22:45*
866 provides at 5G standard. 300 provides a standard for 2.4G - N

So there is even these 866: (((

* asiaprotrade
For seed, WiFi article on Habr -http://habrahabr.ru/post/149447/

Tsynik @ 12/15/2014, 23:23*
Why then is it in the header?

Then that 4.9.xx works.
AsiaProtrade @ 12/16/2014, 10:48*

866/2 = equal speed in one direction
300/2 = equal speed in one direction
those. From point A to point B will be up to 433MBIT [55 megabytes] on 5G and up to 150mbit [18.75 megabytes] by 2.4g / n connections.
This is if the devices are connected via a wide range. The phone may well connect to 150/2 = 75, i.e. 37.5MBIT in each direction.
1166Mbit - the maximum speed with which the router can simultaneously work with devices in all bands. Technologically - quite modern. In practice - everything works on the stated power.

In general, the neighbors most likely there are WiFi, and they occupy the total ranges, so the speed can be much lower (little relevant for 5G, but also possible)

Post has been editedlightvik - 16.12.14, 08:53

Rep: (4)
All welcome.
At the weekend collided with the problem - the WAN port stopped working (or not!?)
Indication on Wan is lit, called the provider, they said that the router DHCP details receives, but there is no Internet by LAN or Wi-Fi.
I remember exactly that before that he reflash on OTA, but like a day 3-4 after flashing accurately (0.9.23 like).
I reflash at 0.9.52 - it did not help, reflash on the last stable - also did not help.
The router itself works, HDD is available, Web muzzle, too, put an old one instead - the Internet works.

I do not even know where to start and what happened at all. It is possible in the firmware, but how to diagnose I will not be a mind.
Maybe someone will tell you how to diagnose the port Wan or in the extreme case transfer WAN to another port (1 LAN is always free for me)?

Rep: (178)
* k4889, If the router receives a DHCP address, then WAN is a worker working. If there is access to SSH - I recommend to propagate any external address directly from the router console. You can start from the provider's gateway, and if everything is fine with that, then try to ping Google, Yandex and everything in such a spirit. If everything is fine on the device itself, and there is no Internet, then the problem in the firmware can be. If nothing important is stored on the router disk, you can reset to the factory settings with HDD formatting (destroy all settings). Simple device firmware Even with a flash drive does not kill incorrect settings.

Rep: (4)
* TrackScream,
Thank you. I hope that with WAN everything is in order and this is a glitch firmware.

AL_RIDER @ 12/15/2014, 21:25*
TrackScream,

And where did you get the firmware 0.9.67?
The site is still available only 0.9.52.

Rep: (197)
AsiaProtrade @ 12/14/2014, 15:33*
Someone tried to measure the speed of this praised 802.11As

Tested when Mi3. Copy the movie size 25gb. The speed in the status line was 32-38 MB / s ~ 300Mbits (maximum saw. The average was 25 sort of). I do not remember, it was long ago)

Post has been editedBlack_Panther - 16.12.14, 12:01

Rep: (503)
* k4889,
By air firmware come earlier than they are laid out on the site
But not everyone immediately, randomly during the week

Rep: (311)
Tsynik @ 12/16/2014, 11:29*
Then it is probably writing about it in the header.

If you want to add something to the header, then read the header first:
suggestions for filling caps are welcome, contactQMS curator Eugener

And like your posts are generated by the flood, which I cleaned.

Post has been editedEugener - 16.12.14, 14:23

Lightvik @ 12/16/2014, 08:26*
866/2 = equal speed in one direction
300/2 = equal speed in one direction
those. From point A to point B will be up to 433MBIT [55 megabytes] on 5G and up to 150mbit [18.75 megabytes] by 2.4g / n connections.

Now tested the speed Wi-Fi: I have MacBook with Broadcom 802.11n (2xant), on the router fixed channels and 40mhz for 2.4 and 80mhz for 5.
By 2.4, for some reason, it does not want to submit Wi-Fi statistics more than 145MBIT (MCS15) - the rate of reception is about 12-14 MB / s. But on 5GHz issues 243MBIT (MCS14) and the speed of the scale for 30mb / C on reception, this is without any AC.

Rep: (107)
Tsynik @ 12/16/2014, 22:49*
But on 5GHz issues 243MBIT (MCS14) and the speed of the scale for 30mb / C on reception, this is without any AC.

At about the same speed and from my router on IMAC flew 5GG ... There is no AU mode in the poppy ... only n. Calculator calculated.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 13.01.21, 13:03