Shockproof E-ink readers

Rep: (0)
* eliy Generally among e-books are still there's nothing lasting, at least at the level of a smartphone with a step-protective glass for 500 rubles?

Rep: (771)
* Golundiaf , EInk module is more fragile than the IPS

Rep: (47)
Golundiaf @ 18.02.18, 16:07*
in general, among the electronic books so far there is nothing lasting

Not so far, but already. There used to be Wexler Flex ONE with flexible screens Plastic logic on a plastic substrate, but then bought Chubais Plastic Logic for its nanouchebnikov and he was not more of these screens ...

Basically, if zaglublon screen enclosure book - it gives quite a significant protection from falling, but not from a direct blow to the screen of course.

Rep: (-34)
about the impact ...
I pepervayt Kindle 3 generation, yesterday nibbled his dog. he was in the cover, it got hard (all in pocus), but also the reader damaged screen (I'm not talking about the case). on the screen in two locations were bitten and dents, but the book works! in these two places there glare lighting and no more problems. on the body a lot of nicks and scuffs, the biggest 1-1.5 mm.
if anyone is interested, the dog is small, the size of both York. 15 minutes digress)))

Post has been editedhardwayanyway - 19.02.18, 12:41

Onyx BOOX Monte Cristo 3

And what about herhttps://www.ixbt.com/l...rnym-upravleniem.html?

Golundiaf @ 11.03.18, 20:13*
And what about her

Need toONYX Russiaask for a test similar to this,
https: //goodereader.co...paperwhite-2-drop-test
In the video dropping Kindle Paperwhite 2

Rep: (159)
eliy @ 18.02.18, 15:40*
Oniksmen which then comes to the forum, promised to clarify the Mohs hardness of glass from the manufacturer, but for half a year silence.

Good day.

I finally managed to get them to the details of this glass.
Hardness: 6H. (As I understand it, this is Mohs - 6).
Vickers Hardness: 530.
If you are interested in some other parameters - write, I can not lay out a table of specifications entirely (confidential document), but I can tell those or other indicators.

Post has been editedONYX Russia - 19.03.18, 22:18

ONYX Russia @ 19.03.18, 22:17*

Yes. Thank. The hardness corresponds to the usual good glass. The protective properties of quite mediocre.

Post has been editedeliy - 19.03.18, 22:36

Rep: (15)
ONYX Russia @ 19.03.18, 22:17*
I finally managed to get them to the details of this glass.
interesting - how it relates to the impact? It is more resistant to scratches and abrasionexternal layer.
In the case of e-ink (for concreteness, I will talk about the 62 and 63 series of onyx) problem with the screens was the fragilitybacking .
And in my personal situation (specially requested zamennnye screens give me your hands) the outer layer was perfectly safe and without any traces of external influences (careful inspection under a magnifying glass) - and the substrate was cracked ...
eliy @ 19.03.18, 22:36*
Yes. Thank. The hardness corresponds to the usual good glass. The protective properties of quite mediocre.
More precisely - to the protective properties of shockproof to do.

thanderbird @ 5.04.18, 1:08*
More precisely - to the protective properties of shockproof to do.

Start reading there a little earlier:
Impact-resistant E-ink readers (Post eliy # 70505507)

Or rather not even protect the glass itself from scratching ... even though our resellers proudly write:
"Model is made from high quality material, has a thin body of an aluminum alloy and protective ASAHI Glass"
In fact, high-quality materials are the same as protection from "safety glass"

Post has been editedeliy - 05.04.18, 08:17

thanderbird @ 05.04.18, 01:08*
interesting - how it relates to the impact? It is more resistant to scratches and abrasion resistant outer layer.

Good evening.

How it works, I do not know, I'm not a physicist, but the fact that references to the broken glass on the Monte Cristo / Robinson Crusoe we significantly less than in the case of the C67 series models (Darwin), there are almost none. Perhaps influenced by metal casing or design in general, all together ... But maybe the glass here at all plays no role.

thanderbird @ 05.04.18, 01:08*
And in my personal situation (specially requested zamennnye screens give me your hands) the outer layer was perfectly safe and without any traces of external influences (careful inspection under a magnifying glass) - and the substrate was cracked ...

This is true, cracks are visible from the back side of the screen onto the substrate. However, the impact that they caused, it could well be rendered in front. When there is a protective glass, occupying the entire front panel of the device and the screen together with boards under him, the embodiment of, perhaps, prevents broken glass in some cases. Does the here any role hardness of glass, I do not know.

eliy @ 05.04.18, 08:15*
Or rather not even protect the glass itself from scratches ..

Good evening.

Scratches can be applied to different objects ... As you mentioned the Mohs scale, especially in its extended version, which is not only 10 minerals can be determined from any scratches the glass protects itself, but from what - no.

eliy @ 05.04.18, 08:15*
In fact, high-quality materials are the same as protection from "safety glass"

Here, by the way, I do not remember the complaints of Monte Cristo 3, so it's the quality of the materials and glass.

Rep: (15)
ONYX Russia @ 05.04.18, 21:51*
Perhaps influenced metal housing
It is an important factor. Thanks again for the tip!
ONYX Russia @ 05.04.18, 21:51*
However, the impact that they caused, it could well be rendered in front.
who argues - and this effect - almost certainly touch it with your finger, no matter how strange. When construction exposed diagonal screen play and the package substrate without reinforcement - only way to go. (Here I remember as a young man - on the first LCD-monitor has a substrate made of organic glass thickness of 5 mm!)
A misunderstanding / bewilderment arises for a simple reason - the term cullet provides for a strike (even if weak), and its use, including (perhaps even primarily) for the screen by pressing the damaged or warped due to the diagonal clearance.

ONYX Russia @ 05.04.18, 18:51*
Here, by the way, I do not remember the complaints of Monte Cristo 3, so it's the quality of the materials and glass.

Drbry day. you mention only the third modification, but as I understand it, and the first and second are equipped with the same glass and the body? Well, statistics on applications for earlier Modle be surely more and more precise in this respect.

koan1987 @ 01.03.19, 12:29*
I understand the first and second are equipped with the same glass and the body?

All four versions of the Monte Cristo similar constructive. I do not have the right to provide service statistics, but I can say that the complaints of broken glass is very small. The number of hits with respect to a number of sold plastic housing device is approximately 10 times less than a similar ratio calculated from the model.
As for the Monte Sristo 3, then this model is discontinued. We recommend to buy the latest modification - Monte Cristo 4. The hardware is better in all respects.

Rep: (624)
ONYX Russia @ 22.05.19, 14:45*
complaints about the broken glass is very small
it says nothing about the degree of protection of the reader, or the strength characteristics of the glass. in the family there are no complaints about the broken glass in the reader. but this does not mean that Kindle shockproof. simple operating conditions are.

Stopkin @ 22.05.19, 11:56*
it says nothing about the degree of protection of the reader, or the strength characteristics of the glass. in the family there are no complaints about the broken glass in the reader. but this does not mean that Kindle shockproof. simple operating conditions are.

bore

Post has been editedkoan1987 - 22.05.19, 15:16

* koan1987, I do not care. but someone may react more carefully to the choice and will not lead to the marketing manipulation.

Stopkin @ 22.05.19, 12:38*
I do not care. but someone may react more carefully to the choice and will not lead to the marketing manipulation.

because of which ? because of your words in a previous post? I think that no one attention to nnih not pay at the time of selection.
bare fact: "thin aluminum alloy shell and protective ASAHI Glass". It would be enough that the device had a high strength to major hazards: incidence and incidental pressure on the device
I chose this device here, and nothing I regret.

koan1987 @ 22.05.19, 15:44*
nothing to regret
it's good. Congratulations.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 02/05/20, 21:19