> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

730 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Jiayu G4S Advanced - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.7 "
benaramar
Message#1
28.04.14, 15:18
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 356
Check in: 13.02.13
Meizu M3 Note 2/16

DiscussionJiayu G4S Advanced
PictureJiayu G4S Advanced
Description | FAQ - to help the novice | Discussion | GPS talk | Firmware: 4.2.2, 4.4.x, 5.x.x, MIUI, Lewa, by vova.vafin | Purchase | Accessories | Club G4S

Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) and / or for which their own "profile" topics are created are deleted without warning.
Features and Photos
Attached Image

One more photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

General
Manufacturer: JiaYu
Model: G4S Advanced
Year of release: 2013
Operating system: Android 4.2
Accum Capacity (mAh): 3000
Dimensions
Dimensions (mm):
(width x height x thickness) 65 x 133 x 10
CPU
Processor Type: MediaTek MT6592
Clock frequency (MHz): 1700
Memory
RAM (MB): 2048
Built-in memory (GB): 16
Communications
Telephone: GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, GSM 900, UMTS 2100, UMTS 900
Bluetooth: 4.0
Wi-Fi: 802.11b, g, n
Other: EDGE, GPRS, GPS, HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS / WCDMA
Multimedia
Screen size: 4.7
Screen resolution (px): 720 x 1280
Screen Type: IPS
Video accelerator: Mali-450 MP4
Camera rear (MP): 13
Autofocus: Yes
Photo flash: Yes
Camera front (MP): 3
Speaker: Mono
Headphone Out: 3.5

>>>>Jiayu G4S FAQ | MANDATORY TO READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION !!!<<<<

>>>Tips to improve power saving devices on Android OS<<<

If you still decide to ask a question, first type a keyword (or several words) of your problem in the fieldAttached Image(at the top or bottom of any page) and click on the button next to it.Attached Image. It is very likely that you will immediately receive the answer.
Reviews and Tests
Useful
All that concerns the system applications JiaYu G4S (L) & G5S (L). Description, removal, instructions ...
Starting the phone in "Safe Mode"
Long press on the hardware power button ->long press on the item "Turn off the power" ->OK
Turning off unused radio frequencies to improve power consumption.
The cellular communication system is designed so that the mobile phone is constantly looking for the “best option” - it continuously scans the radio, finds cellular communication stations (“towers”), communicates with them, analyzes the signal strength of each station, and switches to the station with the best parameters. A regular GSM phone can operate on 4 radio frequencies, collected in two pairs: "900MHz + 1800MHz" and "850MHz + 1900MHz". The first pair is allowed for use in Europe (including Russia), the second pair is used for example in America. With the default settings, the GSM phone constantly scans all 4 radio frequencies in search of a signal from cellular stations. But for example in Russia at frequencies "850MHz + 1900MHz" there is no cellular radio signal (they are used / reserved for other purposes), and precious electric energy is literally wasted in analyzing these frequencies.
In many phones (including Android), there are ways to call the so-called "Engineering menu" - a program that allows you to change the hardware settings of the phone. In this menu, you can disable the work of the radio module of the phone with frequencies that are not used in the country of location. For Russia, this is a pair of frequencies "850MHz + 1900MHz".
Open the "Engineering menu" menu appears on a black background, find and select "BandMode", there will be a menu with one item "SIM1" (for single-SIM-full-time phones), or with two items "SIM1" and "SIM2" ( for dual SIM-face phones). You need to enter each item, and remove the check marks from the items "GSM850" and "PCS1900", then press the "SET" button.
For phones with UMTS (3G) support, it is also recommended to turn off the “WCDMA-800”, “WCDMA-CLR-850”, “WCDMA-PCS-1900” points that are not used in Russia, also remembering to press the “SET” button.
And if you do not use the UMTS mode (there is a GSM SIM card in this slot), you can turn off all the "WCDMA- *" items, leaving "WCDMA-IMT-2000" as the most economical in terms of power consumption (to completely disable all the checkboxes, some phones do not allow). So go to the item "RAT Mode" ->"SIM1", and switch the radio "Set preferred network type:" to the "GSM Only" mode.
A simple way to restore the flown IMEI without using third-party software
In your own dialer dial the code:*#4634# - a dialogue with two windows will appear: IMEI1 and IMEI2 - enter your IMEI in them (it is the same for both) and click save

How to enter the engineering menu; Another (easiest and easiest) way
About batteries
Stability Test (video)
Charger testing (video)
About microphone- (information from neighbors G4) |Settings in Eng. menu | Another option is the victory of the microphone | And one more
Solving the problem with Facebook
About Displays
Easy way to know screen type
About the sound of Yamaha
Headset connector pinoutWe pinout -CTIA
If not the device is NOT charging when it is on, it will probably helpsuch a way
Volume will change smoothly.
Power consumption and Google services. Manual.
All about GPS
Manual how to gash a good sound
Another way to improve the sound fromiskatel59 - The first approximation to the sound of HI-FI folk remedies
We set up an adequate and comfortable automatic control of the backlight (brightness) of the screen
Those who are faced with a problem:while the phone is on the table, the touch buttons refuse to work, and as soon as I take it in hand, they work normally- read exactly six messagesstarting from this
The way to "hang" for a long press of the wired headset button is any action
Restoration of a dangling plume and replacement (upgrade) of vibrofromgangubasus
A whole "bundle" of tips for disassembling the device (with photos) and examples of solving some hardware problemsfromGluck92
The result of the survey on the used version of Android
Attached Image
The result of the survey on sound quality
Attached Image
The result of the survey on the installed battery
Attached Image

User activity in the topic

If you have placed new useful information in the topic and consider that it is needed in the "header", duplicate this request to the curator through the LAN - Anvn

Post has been editedAnvn - 25.01.16, 19:38
Reason for editing: Cosmetics ...
necros911
Message#22
30.04.14, 23:30
Dependent
[offline]

Messages 545
Check in: 07.08.12
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S 8/256

Vlad9ck,The viewing angles of the screen are interesting and if there is a distortion of colors when looking at the screen from an acute angle. If you can also merge dapm native firmware, suddenly someone come in handy :) oh, and look at the values ​​of the charging controller, and if possible, when the phone is discharged then throw off the discharge schedule to see if there is a failure. With me '+'!

--------------------
Kuzma Skryabin - Vichna Tobi Pamyat! R.I.P.
tomaso701
Message#23
01.05.14, 07:39
User
[offline]

Messages 53
Check in: 20.04.12
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro

who already has this device and installed facebook on it, try to climb on it .. recently installed facebook, and every 2-5 min of yuzanya, facebook is cut down by itself when you click a photo or fb user. Or it may just be a Facebook glitch, since I use many programs (except games) - everything works fine.
romkit
Message#24
01.05.14, 09:30
Flashgun
[offline]

Messages 1586
Check in: 03.12.12

I ordered this device, what are the bugs. Please, unsubscribe from whom he is on hand.

--------------------
s1yder
Message#25
01.05.14, 14:01
Trololo
[offline]

Messages 421
Check in: 18.04.11
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 4/64

While there is no topic about the purchase, I will ask here. What seller would you advise and who ordered from whom, can there be already proven comrades? I still stopped at this:http: //www.aliexpress...4-2-2G/1473903419.htmlHe has somehow strangely written on the sheets, which are in the photos, forsavagemessiahzine.com& VK :)

I would like to order today)

Post has been editeds1yder - 01.05.14, 14:03
necros911
Message#26
01.05.14, 18:07
Dependent
[offline]

Messages 545
Check in: 07.08.12
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S 8/256

For those who have not watched / do not have time to see the short results of the video:
1. The screen no longer has color inversion, if you look at the screen at an angle and diagonally (definitely a plus!)
2. The camera sensor has not changed (most likely), but the quality of photos has grown! (as for me, too, plus)
3. Changed the illumination sensors, now the sensor has become more sensitive (did not notice on its Ж4А, but also a plus)
4. Proc changed from 6589T (1.5 GHz) to 6592 (1.7 GHz), Antutu - ~ 18000 for Zh4A and 27500 for Zh4S (acceptable, the number of cores doubled, the frequency increased, and the increase only by 10k - imho little, but I think optimize and we will have 29-30k full-fledged)
5. To say that GPS has become a little bit better, we are waiting for the next video :)

Suggestions for what is necessary / very necessary / horror how to show:
1. Battery graph (I know I got it, but still interesting)
2. Firmware version, available languages ​​(here the version from 04/18 has appeared, I wonder what has changed)
3. If possible, merge the backup of the stock firmware (it can be useful). And is there a root in it

Thanks more to the author for the review!

--------------------
Kuzma Skryabin - Vichna Tobi Pamyat! R.I.P.
s1yder
Message#27
01.05.14, 18:14
Trololo
[offline]

Messages 421

Vlad9ck,
Thank you very much, thanks to you, I have already ordered myself))) IMHO, a more adequate phone, with a 4.7 screen, hard to find.

Want to make sure it is the size of a regular g4? Accessories and films fit without problems.

Post has been editeds1yder - 01.05.14, 19:02
zk9663
Message#28
01.05.14, 19:01
Nubia z11
[offline]

Messages 4012
Check in: 28.06.10

Vlad9ck,
There is also a small request.
1. Can I compare proximity sensors? From the video, I realized that this sensor is different (rather than in G4). The review focuses on lighting, but just below there is a Proximity Sensor. I would like to look at his reaction in action. I explain: The whole line with cheap smartphones is equipped to horror with crap and dumb lighting / proximity sensors (as I understand it, this is the same sensor with a double function.). So, it really pisses me off when you remove the phone from your ear and you have to wait about 1 second while the sensor activates the screen. This is especially noticeable when you use higher quality devices for a long time (ZTE, Huawei and the like) and after that you take the device from Jiayu and the like. Immediately understand where such a low price. I hope in 4s something changed in this plan.
2. Compare the quality of conversational and external dynamics. Particularly interested in the first. Naturally, we rely purely on the subjective opinion of the author of the review. But it is desirable to equalize the settings (soft) and audio options in the engineer before comparing (Or simply manually copy the settings of one and rearrange to another. The audio settings files are located here: Data \ nvram \ APCFG \ APRDCL \. Work with Rutexplorer.)
3. Vibration? Both general and tactile.
4. About the battery above already written. I support. Interested in weight and external data. Has the manufacturer made any adjustments? And also, the antutu tester would also not be bad))
=
Thanks in advance.

Post has been editedzk9663 - 01.05.14, 19:04

--------------------
Kopinet
Message#29
01.05.14, 19:29
[offline]

Messages 1155
Check in: 14.04.12
Apple iPhone XR

(Acceptable, the number of cores doubled, the frequency increased, and the increase only by 10k is not enough, but I think optimized and we will have full-time 29-30k)

This processor is gaining so many points in a processor variation of 2000 MHz;)
Example with benchmark from One Touch Idol X +
Attached Image

Post has been editedKopinet - 01.05.14, 19:39

--------------------
Dee man
Message#30
01.05.14, 19:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 179
Check in: 23.11.08

Here is the preliminary battery consumption on the first day of use. My wife played a little, otherwise I spent the whole day in the internet.
Attached Image

--------------------
Any bullshit ->Motorolla MPX200 ->Qtek 8310 ->ETEN Glofish x650 ->HTC Touch Diamond2 ->Motorola DEFY ->JiaYu G4S Advanced ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Vlad9ck
Message#31
01.05.14, 19:35
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1796
Check in: 05.05.08
Google nexus 7

1. The battery schedule will be when tel. Sit down, until, after all the "runs", there are still 73%.
2. Firmware on my 20140410. In principle, I can merge, just don’t figure out what to set FlashTool on the ReadBack tab? He always swears at me. Maybe somewhere there is an instruction - throw, I will. The firmware itself is multilanguage - there is Russian, Ukrainian, and 20 more languages, of course, there are some minor flaws in the translation here and there, there is a root, but it’s made interesting - it is included in the settings. There is also a permission control chip, that is, you can ask specific applications what they can do and what not, and, for example, if a new application climbs to the Internet, then tel. asks whether to let him.
3. The external speaker has become a little louder, maybe a little louder. I will try to show this moment on the video. Conversational functions at the height, everything is fine here. Vibration is about the same level, maybe quite a bit weaker.
4. Proximity sensor. He worked well in the previous version, there was only a problem with some kind of firmware, because of which there was that second delay, but the sensor itself worked fine. In G4S, this is also good - the screen lights up almost immediately, as you remove the phone from the ear, and the sensor also works instantly.

As far as possible I will show interesting moments on the video, not all at once;)
Dee man
Message#32
01.05.14, 19:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 179

Kopinet @ 05/01/2014, 19:29*
(Acceptable, the number of cores doubled, the frequency increased, and the increase only by 10k is not enough, but I think optimized and we will have full-time 29-30k)

This processor scores as many points in a 2000 MHz processor variation.

Question. What for?

--------------------
Any bullshit ->Motorolla MPX200 ->Qtek 8310 ->ETEN Glofish x650 ->HTC Touch Diamond2 ->Motorola DEFY ->JiaYu G4S Advanced ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Kopinet
Message#33
01.05.14, 19:40
[offline]

Messages 1155
Apple iPhone XR

Dee Man @ 05/01/2014, 10:36*
Question. What for?

This question is not addressed to me. By the way, I added a screen with 2 hertz One Touch Idol X + to my post

--------------------
zk9663
Message#34
01.05.14, 19:49
Nubia z11
[offline]

Messages 4012
Check in: 28.06.10

Vlad9ck,
Returning to the screens. What about fingerprints? Or the outer coating is the same with g4?

--------------------
Klassssss2
Message#35
01.05.14, 20:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 213
Check in: 22.07.13
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Dee Man @ 05/01/2014, 10:33 PM*
battery consumption on first day of use

What do you think is better (4yad 1g RAM) LenovoP7804000 mAhor (8 cores 2g RAM) Jiayu G4S3000 mAh
I'm confused ... I read the topic of the phone more and more like it.

--------------------
Nokia n73✔-Nokia 5800✔-SG S 3 (China-Phone) X-Cubot One✔-SG S3 Blue✔-JiaYu G4S Advanced✔-JiaYu G5S Advanced Dark✔-SG S4 Dark✔-THL 4000✔-UMi Hammer-Lumia 1520✔-Elephone P6000✔-LG G3 Dual LTE✔-Alcatel Pixi 3 (4) Samsung-Samsung Core 2✔-SG A3✔-SG S4✔-M3note✔-Xiaomi Mi A1 4 / 64✔-Samsung Galaxy S8✔
Dee man
Message#36
01.05.14, 20:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 179

What do you think is better (4 cores 1g RAM) LenovoP780 4000 mAh or (8 cores 2g RAM) Jiayu G4S 3000 mAh

If you do not play games, you will not feel any performance gains. Decide for yourself. Jiayu is 1 cm smaller.

--------------------
s1yder
Message#37
01.05.14, 20:43
Trololo
[offline]

Messages 421

So what about the accessories? Will they fit from the younger g4? Interested in films and covers.
Dee man
Message#38
01.05.14, 20:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 179

So what about the accessories? Will they fit from the younger g4? Interested in films and covers.

fit 100%

--------------------
Vlad9ck
Message#39
01.05.14, 21:21
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1796
Check in: 05.05.08
Google nexus 7

Vlad9ck,
Returning to the screens. What about fingerprints? Or the outer coating is the same with g4?

Coatings are the same. Imprints of course over time remain, but are removed without problems.

So what about the accessories? Will they fit from the younger g4?

The case is the same at 100%, the differences are only inside, so everything fits!

What do you think is better (4 cores 1g RAM) LenovoP780 4000 mAh or (8 cores 2g RAM) Jiayu G4S 3000 mAh

According to the vitality of course Lenovo - he confidently kept me 5-6 days without recharging.
Jiayu G4 - usually keeps 3 days, rarely 4. G4S will be at about the same level.
But the performance without options - in Antutu 27k in G4S versus 13k in P780.
Kopinet
Message#40
01.05.14, 21:38
[offline]

Messages 1155
Apple iPhone XR

My personal opinion: I think that you need to buy phones with a "margin of safety", that is, more powerful. Therefore, I think that JiaYu G4S will suit you better.
In life, power will not be superfluous, but you will be sure that any applications and games will go without problems.
Yes, and when selling, you can simply implement it with such characteristics.

--------------------
brat1289
Message#41
01.05.14, 21:42
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 766
Check in: 21.09.09
Coolpad Great God F1

Share photos from your phone.
Does he have a compass?