> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia M2 / M2 Dual - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.8 ''

Rep: (1)
DiscussionSony Xperia M2 / M2 Dual
PictureSony Xperia M2 (D2303 / PM-0722-BV, D2305 / PM-0720-BV, D2306) / M2 Dual (D2302 / S50h / PM-0721-BV) / Sony Eagle
Description Sony Xperia M2 | Description Sony Xperia M2 Dual | FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Sony Xperia M2 Owners Club пїЅ | Games пїЅ
  • If you are new tosavagemessiahzine.comreadthis
  • All information regarding the Android system settings is in FAQ on ANDROID
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Important! Prior to the description of your problem!
If you realize that you have something does not work as it should, or not, as everyone in this thread. Search for this and the next topic does not solve your problem. That should do the following:
  1. Resetting the data to factory condition. (Accounts, settings, and applications will be removed carefully with a tick "Clear internal storage" run out of files on internal storage)
  2. Full reflash withdelete all data through Flashtoolorfirmware recovery through PC Companion.
  3. Within 24 hours of use to reveal the disturbing problem.
If it is detected again - feel free to write here, you try to help collectively to solve your problems, or at least send you to the SP, if the problem is unique to you and is characteristic of a hardware failure.

Please all questions that are not in the header andFAQstart with your machine model (D2302, D2303, D2305)
there is a topic for questions and discussion M2 AQUASony Xperia M2 Aqua - Discussion

Description and Features
Xperia в„ў M2 (D2303 / 05) / M2 Dual (D2302 / S50h) - Excellent quality, high-speed performance.
Xperia M2 favorably with other large, bright 4.8-inch qHD display, created on the basis of technology that Sony uses for its TVs. The ideal size for the entertainment center, which is always with you. This Android-smartphone thought of everything down to the smallest details and all the nuances to keep the balance. Phone is elegant and innovative design.
Xperia M2 is equipped with 8-megapixel camera that takes amazing quality photos. Due to the matrix Exmor RS в„ў for mobile devices and automatically recognize the shooting conditions on this phone, you can make fast great quality pictures in any conditions. You can make your photo much better with new applications for the Xperia M2 camera. With Social Live app, you can share moments of your life on Facebook Live.
You'll be pleasantly surprised, as take advantage of any web service. Thanks to the super-fast LTE-networks do you anytime and anywhere will be able to plunge into the world of entertainment. Forget about waiting and delays! With the rapid smartphone Xperia M2 (D2303), you can afford the crazy pace of life to the full.
No delay with ultrafast Xperia M2. This highly productive fast smartphone from Sony runs on quad-core processor. During its development, as well as to create a flagship Sony - Xperia в„ў Z2, - great attention to detail. The world of incredible entertainment always with you!
Attached Image
Attached Image

A few more photos and the official video XPERIA M2

Specifications Sony Xperia M2 / Xperia M2 Dual, which are not inDevdb
Platform (at the time of announcement): Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, an upgrade to 4.4 KitKat c August 15 (D2303), 18 August (D2302 and D2305).Upgrading to 5.1 is planned for mid-summer 2015.
Display: 229 ppi,glass10 touches
Camera: Exmor RS IMX134, video recording 1080p @ 30fps, HDR
Processor core 4, 1.2 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8226-0 (D2302), MSM8226 (D2305), MSM8926 (D2303 / 06)
Internal memory 5 GB available to the user.
Memory card: up to 64 GB and 128 GB even
Battery: Li-ion
SIM card (card): Microsim
FM radio with RDS
ANT +
RGB status indicator
Laytbar RGB illumination effect.
Headphone jack CTIA standard
Battery: non-removable
Talk time: up to 11 hours in 2G networks, up to 12 hours in 3G networks
standby time: up to 580 hours on 2G, up to 597 hours on 3G
Hours audioplayer time: up to 37 h
Hours video player mode, up to 8 hours
Sizes: 139,65 x 71,14 x 8,64 mm
Form factor: monoblock with touchscreen
Buttons: onscreen
Date of announcement: 24.02.2014
Release Date: April 24, 2014 India, May 6, 2014 Russian.

Software features from Sony
xLOUD в„ў - technology to increase the sound volume of the speaker
Clear Phase в„ў - Auto-tuning the sound quality speaker
Image Stabilization SteadyShot в„ў
Feature Smile Shutter в„ў
HDR for photography
quick launch camera function
Three-dimensional surround sound
applicationWALKMAN
music recognition feature TrackID в„ў
Smart connect
The noise canceling function
Improving voice quality
HD Voice Technology
STAMINA mode в„ў
Reviews
Owner reviews fromsavagemessiahzine.com
Additional Information
Useful
Useful applications for the XPERIA
Existing soft karaoke problems
Android 5.1.1Lollipop
  • The camera quality deteriorated images, photo look like a watercolor effect.
  • On some devices at boot time (about a minute), the touchscreen does not work.
  • Heating of the active smart induced voltage on proce raised to 0.07V

A full list of fixes and solutions to
Android 4.4.2Kitkat
  • After switching to 4.4 on the M2, SIM some operators do not work (no support for USIM format).It needs to be replaced to the new operator. Or rollback to 4.3, if the operator is unable to provide a sample of the new SIM.
  • In connection with the new security policies from third-party applications do not have access to change data on an SD card (not allowed to write third-party application data, I get an error when the application attempts to save any data. Porting applications to SD is not concerned).ROOT is solved in the presence of human rights and the application of SDFix nextApp inc.
  • From the desktop to katabatic launcher application shortcuts disappear transferred to the SD card.Isprpvleno in Android 4.4.4.
Android 4.3Jelly Bean
  • On Android 4.3 in the majority of ownersSONY XPERIA M2 DUAL (D2302) and SONY XPERIA M2 (D2305) there are problems with voice calls. During a call-up with short clicks, pops, stuttering, voice distortion, and interrupt the interlocutor. Solution to the problem Fixed in Android 4.4 KitKat
  • When the phone away from the head, the sensor does not work and does not include the screen, you can not hang up, just sometimes turns on the screen during an incoming. Fixed in Android 4.4 KitKat
  • Stuttering and the interruption when listening to music through Bluetooth headphones. Partially fixed in Android 4.4 KitKat
  • Sensor does not work in some games. The data for the correction of the defectgoing

Discussions hardware problem occurs only in the topicMarriage and repair Sony Xperia M2 / M2 DUAL
Model features
  • Work lighting sensor occurs with a delay of about 4 seconds. That is, if the light sensor close (to the left of LED indicator), then it will start to adjust the brightness of the display delay. Maybe we have protected from the constant and sharp adjustment by changing the lighting? A bug or a feature, solve each
  • When starting the camera with a button or lock screen camera is always included in iAuto mode, in this mode, the picture size is always 5MP (16: 9). The quality of many pictures are not satisfied, there are black dots and very zamyleny details. Problem Softovaya 100%. On the face of fairly aggressive method of compression and / or noise reduction. Try manual settings for themselves.
    Sample photos fromaeea from tehniks09 from davis1 from leha7qwe from Stason4ig from Ruzoff from vikssg
  • The front camera has a low sensitivity to light, indoor photo turn out very dark. Together with a resolution of 0.3 megapixels, the camera can be considered nominal. Selfie lovers and smartphone video calls will not work.

Completed polls
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Log changes in the header
October
26/10/2015 Added 7 smartphone audit.
13/10/2015 Added a list of bugs in the 5.1.1 (redirect on firmware) in the existing soft karaoke problem. Completed survey result in the spoiler "Finished surveys"
10/03/2015 Pressure instruction to improve the sensitivity of the microphone igromkosti dynamics

July
07/01/2015 Archived log in hat, moved months on the principle, the latter is always at the top
June
23/06/2015 Added a link to instructions to increase the sensitivity of the microphone and increase the volume
May
13/05/2015 Added the instruction to eliminate errors when not enough space on the Play Market
April
04.08.2015: Added links to the FAQ and Club Categories M2 owners | Added useful application aCalendar
March
There was nothing to add)))
February
02/01/2015 Added another owner review
03/02/2015 Added solution to the problem of idle IlluminationBar
January
20/01/2015 Completed survey results can be observed in the archive polls
Facilitated the cap reducing description
December
12/05/2014 Added a link to the video with the disassembly and assembly of the device a professional service technician + instructions for those who do not work the voice command "Ok, Google!"
November
11.11.2014 Pressure in the features of the model on the front of the camera.
October
15/10/2014 Added instructions excluding the extra posts because of software glitches.
24.10.2014 The statement added Useful for those who quickly takes charge of the battery
September
23.09.2014 Added information about the 6 revision.
August
2014-08-01 Changed the date of revision 3, adding more poll
08/02/2014 Added a new review
08.04.2014: Added links to FAQ on the Android and the topic for beginners
08.05.2014 Added information about upgrading to Kitkata
2014-08-08 Added spoiler "Model features", it included information on the light sensor
13.08.2014 Add to Especially about the camera moved and added to the examples in the photo features.
15.08.2014 Updated information about upgrading to Kitkata for D2303
18.08.2014 Updated information about upgrading to Kitkata for D2302 and V2305
20/08/2014 Added a link on the changes and bugfixes in 4.4.2
22/08/2014 Specifications reduced because I corrected them on DevDB
25/08/2014 Updated information on a soft-Bahamas on the previous and current versions of Android, a new poll added, old moved to spolyer Past polls
27/08/2014 Added a link to the spoiler Useful Threads of firmware with current versions of firmware for each model, as well as information on certification
29/08/2014 Added a link to parts of our phone
July
2014-07 added reviews
Added challenges 2014-07
17/07/2014 Added the old polls
18/07/2014 Added useful applications for the XPERIA, added the spoiler, made records cod / interruption, added video scratch test
21/07/2014 Added a common problem with the proximity sensor, added video decompression
25/07/2014 Corrected information about existing communication problem, because in the GSM network there is also present but less pronounced.
27/07/2014 Added a link to decorations
28/07/2014 Added the title picture, supplemental information
31/07/2014 Added a problem with the idle sensor gaming

Information about upgrading all models to 5.1 in the subject firmware +a list of bugs and ways of their solution
Information on upgrading to Android 6.0 Marshmallow

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Self-organization in the topic
  • Be mutually polite! We have to say on the forum " thank "by increasing reputation by clicking on the button + . If you have less than 15 posts, click on the button A COMPLAINT (under reputation) and tell who to put plus for the assistance provided.
  • Help make the branch cleaner and more useful! Use the buttonsGood and poorly for posting evaluation. Minus: flooding, offtopic, breaking the rules. Plus: useful posts, instructions, etc. So much easier and more convenient to keep the branch clean and tidy.

Post has been editedNikCher - 28.02.17, 07:31
Reason for editing: All causes editing hats section Log caps changes

Rep: (64)
Regular means the contents of the "curtain" can not be removed and click "4G" is just in it (the button, as well as control the same Wi-Fi). She turned on, and the feelings of not instantly (ie perhaps there is something she does). But in the networks, particularly in the SIM1 card, then there is a rather amusing network mode (screenshot). In this case, if the tap on the regime - about the LTE there will be no word o.O Unfortunately dialogue selection also can not remove. Damn, how do you rue missing ...

Attached Image

Posted on 05/02/2014, 22:18:

Yes, SIM2 this regime does not apply - there is, as it should be, WCDMA / GSM in its purest form.

Post has been editedSpaun_Studio - 03.05.14, 18:09
Reason for editing: screenshot under spoiler

By the way, here is a screenshot of a system command, which is called by the dialer * # * # 7378423 # * # * - can help ... I am glad that the bootloader unlockable.
Attached Image

Post has been editedSpaun_Studio - 03.05.14, 18:09
Reason for editing: screenshot under spoiler

In general, no LTE on dual sim is not here. At least on my D2302: should MSM 8226 processor, in Speke which simply is not even close to the LTE reference. But the older 8926 LTE support is already there. Doubt - Old can recheckon Vick. So that the desired item in dualsima settings - the most common fake, I think its manufacturer in the following firmware "Fixed" (ie simply removes).

Post has been editedinside! out - 02.09.14, 10:27

Rep: (5)
Yes, like MSM 8226 does not support the LTE, can they still separate chip to implement it? Okay, I will try today to find out from off the representatives of Sony. But still it would be nice if someone else who has the opportunity to test LTE item

(Reference scroll down)
http: //www.sonymobile....2/specifications/#tabs

Network

• (D2305) UMTS HSPA + 850 (lane V), 900 (VIII band), 2100 (lane I) MHz
  • (D2305) GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • (D2306) UMTS HSPA + 850 (lane V), 1700 (lane IV), 1900 (band II), 2100 (lane I) MHz
  • (D2306) GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • (D2303) UMTS HSPA + 900 (VIII band), 850 (lane V), 1900 (band II), 2100 (lane I) MHz
  • (D2303 ) GSM GPRS / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20

Post has been editedinside! out - 02.09.14, 10:28

Rep: (23)
ZlydenGL @ 02.05.2014, 20:12*
I acquired a piece of iron, dvuhsimochny

The display and the camera?

Display a nice viewing angles at the level of the flagship, the color distortion IMHO generally unnoticed (only the brightness falls). The sun reads well - but in the current firmware like there is a bug: sometimes very slowly changing the backlight level. Smoothly, but slowly. Those. standing in direct sunlight, the screen is almost nothing can be seen, ready swore - and he "slowly and sadly," highlighting yet to adjust to the illumination: D About qHD - me personally, it does not prevent, in fact - even pleased, because it means less stress on the battery.

Camera left ambiguous feeling. As if a few noisy, that is ... If this takes pleasure even in low light conditions. Autofocus works well too, induced quite briskly (about a second), "flash" works like a flashlight out of the box (there is a pre-installed applications). But just I want to say - shooting on full automatic.

In general, it seems that the firmware is strongly nedopilena - normally expect from Sony still camera much better. And other times, too, this overlap - and weird LED notifications, and LTE point ... However, some extra pribludy can be removed without any root - I blew mordoknigu, for example.

Rep: (0)
Good evening ZlydenGL. You can put a few pictures from the camera on a sunny day? The auto and manual mode.

The weather now, unfortunately, gloomy, really sunny little frames. Here is one of them. Full automatic, manual on survey unfortunately did not have time.
Attached Image

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 04.05.14, 13:40
Reason for editing: removed pictures under spoiler

A little more about the notice. It turns out, is not so bad with them!

So, we have the LED to the left of the earpiece. He notifies the weak and rare flashes (approximately every 5 seconds) of the following events:

1. Missed Calls
2. Missed SMS
3. Missing message WhatsApp
4. Missed mail GMail
5. Missed Exchange mail (for the latter it is necessary to enable the check box "notification light" in your account settings)

And my impression is that this indicator is earned after the removal / installation of the previously mentioned show "notification light."

Sam indicator lights for notification only one color (milky), but it is obvious that even know about the red (charging), Green (charging completed), and blue (can not remember at what point I saw).

Hurray !!!

Rep: (16)
ZlydenGL, and whether there is a OTG device?

About this have no idea - cable supplied does not match, and I vaguely imagine where to get (this is my first product from the Sony line). But becauseteh.spekeI was not a word about OTG did not find - it is believed that it is not just on board.

Hmm, it seems, and with the MSC is also disagreement - not found how to turn it on. Hopefully, the case in the notorious nedopilennosti firmware ...

dima_sk @ 04.05.2014, 16:52*
ZlydenGL, and whether there is a OTG device?

You're kidding? Of course have. On Xperia SP calmly mouse / Claudia / flash (it is necessary to format the fat32, if I remember correctly) picks up a box. No custom kernels: beee:
I wait-not-wait purple.
And it is only here, in Novosibirsk, in the communication do not give it to touch and poke?

Dear owners. How much available RAM and ROM memory?

Device Memory: 5Gb, 565M RAM busy 294M free. At the same time of the third-party software is spinning just WhatsApp. Right now, I try Reload (maybe just leaked memory) and report back again.

Posted 05/05/2014, 8:55:

After reboot 450M busy 419M free.

Tell me how things are with the GPS on this model?

Post has been editedinside! out - 14.07.14, 15:22

By GPS there are no complaints! Catches very quickly, holding both teeth. If given enough time - catches even a couple of meters from podokonika, almost for the first time is seen on a smartphone. As Avtonavigator feels confident on the satellites do not lose speed.

But it now lies in the smart 20 cm from the window and can not be companions for a couple of minutes as the catch. But it is not open space, yes, the weather with heavy clouds, rain and generally goes.

Post has been editedinside! out - 14.07.14, 15:22

Rep: (1)
I look good model turned out, although the owner of one and until early to judge. We expect a model with a Simcoe.

By the way, now I wonder whether the 3G speed is much different from the 4G?
Maybe I wasted waiting for a model with LTE. I would like to really know the difference, and maybe it is generally unnecessary in the smartphone.

Clarification regarding GPS: got out of the business center, stood just a meter away from the wall - GPS Receiver 3 seconds after launch satellites caught after 7 finally orientate in the terrain. Not without error - business center is quite high and wide, so that the compartment from me part of critical satellites for accurate positioning.

It is not clear where GLONASS gone - in setting a separate item under it there is no way to configure / disconnect / connect unclear, apparently only on the status of the satellite can be said that it can be utilized in.

Yes, even over the sound: at the default settings, multimedia speaker yelling very loudly, and even the 1/4 position controller in the office has to compulsorily cut in vibrate mode (so as not to wake his neighbor). Vibration, by the way, weak - in a shirt pocket there, but the table does not "jump".

Rep: (2)
Tell me how to do that would outgoing calls were only 1 sim? Or does not understand, then one receives a call, the other simkarty

Post has been editedNicols - 07.05.14, 10:05

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/05/20, 00:23