Processor Quad-Core Cortex A9R4 Amlogic S802
GPU Octo-Core Mali 450
Memory 2GB DDR3
Internal Storage 8GB eMMC
Wireless Connectivity 802.11n Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
OS Android в„ў KitKat 4.4
Video Output HDMI в„ў 1.4b, up to 4K @ 30fps
Audio Output HDMI в„ў 1.4b, 3.5mm stereo jack, optical SPDIF
Peripheral Interface RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10 / 100Mbps)
SD / MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41), Support HDMI-CEC
USB 2.0 port x 3, OTG port x 1
Microphone jack, Headphone jack, IR receiver (remote included)
Power DC 5V, 3A adapter included (CE, FCC, CCC certified)
Supported Video Format DAT / MPEG / MPE / MPG / TS / TP / VOB / ISO / AVI / MP4 / MOV / 3GV / FLV
MKV / M2TS / MTS / M4V / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB
Supported Audio Format MP2 / MP3 / WMA / WAV / OGG / OGA / FLAC / ALAC / APE / AAC
Features MINIX NEO X8-H
Processor Quad-Core Cortex A9R4 Amlogic S802-H
GPU Octo-Core Mali 450
Memory 2GB DDR3
Internal Storage 16GB eMMC
Wireless Connectivity 802.11n Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
OS Android в„ў KitKat 4.4
Video Output HDMI в„ў 1.4b, up to 4K @ 30fps
Audio Output HDMI в„ў 1.4b, 3.5mm stereo jack, optical SPDIF
Peripheral Interface RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10 / 100Mbps)
SD / MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41), Support HDMI-CEC
USB 2.0 port x 3, OTG port x 1
Microphone jack, Headphone jack, IR receiver (remote included)
Power DC 5V, 3A adapter included (CE, FCC, CCC certified)
Supported Video Format DAT / MPEG / MPE / MPG / TS / TP / VOB / ISO / AVI / MP4 / MOV / 3GV / FLV
MKV / M2TS / MTS / M4V / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB
Supported Audio Format MP2 / MP3 / WMA / WAV / OGG / OGA / FLAC / ALAC / APE / AAC
Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

FAQ

1. Is it possible to connect a external disks, card readers, flash drives?
Yes, you can. Both directly and via the USB-hub. However, devices with large consumption may require the additional power (approx. Active usb-hub).

2. What are the screens can be connected to the device?
You can connect any input screens with HDMI. Or connect the display using the appropriate adapter. For VGA monitors the connection is made via a special adapter.

3. Is there a GPS device, a compass and other sensors?
Not. They are not provided, it is not a tablet or phone.

4. Is it possible to install another launcher to your home screen?
Yes, you can install another launcher - at your discretion.

5. How and what can I connect on Bluetooth?
The connection is automatic as soon as the Bluetooth-enabled devices are within reach: Bluetooth headsets, Bluetooth speakers, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth printers, wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, Bluetooth phones, Bluetooth joysticks, Games control Bluetooth

6. Why Gift aero-mouse NEO-M1 so quickly discharged?
In the aero-mouse set is very small in the battery capacity (320mah). Released two - after using the remote control (for the night) to turn off the console with the button on the back of the remote, or replace the battery with a more capacious. To perform the second option you can use the instructions in the header.

7. Some applications of the play market when setting soednienie require wi-fi, and I have a set-top box is connected by a wire, what to do?
Initially, all the application adapted to tablets and smartphones, most of which operate in the networks wi-fi / 3g and not connected by wire.
Outputs:
A) temporarily disconnecting the prefix for wi-fi, for the application to download the necessary files. B) Use the utilityfakewifiBut there are comments that the application does not always work

8. I connected the console, select the desired resolution, and the picture all the same up / down the screen.
We go to the set-top box settings (SettingsMbox) move in the Display tab, in the list, select the Position Display - appeared with wheel%, + and - customize the size for your screen.

9. Only connect the machine, I have is a beta firmware, I try to flash the official through the air, it is impossible. Why?
Some beta firmware is not updatable through the air, sewed by other means.

10. All audio settings are configured correctly, and there is no sound, why?
We go to the set-top box (SettingsMbox) settings - advanced ->We look at whether the box is checked at the point of NO USB audio, if not, put. By default, it is worth it, but there were comments that the item has not been active.

11. I want to assign other actions to buttons on the remote to do this?

We need Generic.kl file. it is located in the system \ usr \ keylayout
You can use KeynrTracker.apk or KeycodeChecker.apk to read the button codes from the remote control.
Reassigning the functions of buttons on android devices
Just no one prohibits the use of the program (Tincore keymapper, USB / BT Joystic centre)

12. How to change the language on the wireless keyboard?
CTRL + space, but first, select the language on a hardware keyboard (need to enable it in the settings), between which will be switched.

13. I have lost its calibration / control stopped working Gift NEO M1? What should I do?
Hereyou can find instructions that have helped many

14. What firmware is preinstalled on my MINIX device?
To find out what version of firmware: 'Settings' ->'About Device' ->'Vendor Software Version'.

15. How often is updated firmware for the devices MINIX?
MINIX timely releases new firmware for all NEO Series devices. Current firmware can always be found in theby thissection.

16. Can I update the firmware on my device MINIX?
- Yes, of course, you can find instructions in the sectionfirmware

17. How can I update the firmware using my Apple MacBook?
- Unfortunately, it is impossible to update the firmware using an Apple device. This can only be done using a PC c installed Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.

18. How can I remove a panel at the bottom of the screen with icons?
-You should be in the settings select auto-hide the task-bar.

19. What is the maximum capacity of the external hard drive is supported when connected to the MINIX device?
- Devices MINIX compatible with external hard disks with up to 2.5Tb.

20. What is the maximum capacity of the SD-card is supported when connected to the MINIX device?
- 32GB. Although, upon the user to connect and 64 GB, but the stable operation in this case, there is no guarantee

21. Explain about the app AirPin PRO and how does it work?
- AirPin PRO - this is a very useful application for all users of Apple devices with iOS system operatsinnoy. The application provides the ability to transfer audio, video and display content from your iPhone, iPad or iTunes on your TV. No need to install anything extra, if there is WIFI connection, simply activate the AirPlay feature on your iOS device. More information about AirPin PRO app you can find on the developer sitehttp://www.waxrain.com.

22. Explain the application of Wi-Fi Display, and how does it work?
- Wi-Fi Display - is an application that allows you to reflect the content of your Android smartphone or tablet on your TV. Unfortunately, Wi-Fi Display is not compatible with devicesSamsung and Sony . Please see link to manual for Wi-Fi Display.: http: //blog.laptopmag....racast-android-mini-pc

23. What version of Skype better use of and where it can be downloaded?
- Our device is fully compatible with Skype. Skype can be downloaded from the official website or the Play Store

24. What are the webcam can be used with MINIX?
- Use a webcam manufacture Logitech Webcam C Series: C110, C170, C210, C920 and C525. The rest of the webcam can also work, but require testing. Here is a list of supported cameras hollow
http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices

25. Can I transfer the contents of my computer screen on my MINIX device?
- Yes, this is possible with the help of special applications available on the Play Market. We recommend 'Splashtop Remote Desktop'. The application allows the user to remotely connect to your computer from another computer or mobile device to access information and run applications. For more information, please visit the app's developer:http://www.splashtop.com/.

26. What kind of handheld device I can use with MINIX?
- There are "officialВ» MINIX control devices, such as NEO A1 + or NEO A2. In the market there are a large number of such devices, however, there is no guarantee you complete compatibility of all the function keys with MINIX.
Also supported by most wireless manipulator devices such as a keyboard + mouse (either together or separately), multiple joysticks (approx. Xbox 360 and the like). All these devices can operate as a wired or wireless (2.4 GHz / bluetooth).
However, there are problems of compatibility of certain models of input devices and manipulation of specific applications / devices shell. Unfortunately complete and reliable list of compatible devices is not fully.

27. What version of XBMC player is recommended and where can I download it?
Recommended special version of XBMC MINIX Edition (it is pre-installed on the device), the latest version can be found on the official website of Minix.

28. Is there any smartphone or tablet app to monitor my MINIX?
There MINIX Android Remote App application, made specifically for the series MINIX NEO. The application can be downloaded and installed on your smartphone / tablet and allows you to control your device remotely MINIX. For more information:http://www.minix.com.hk/Apps.htm.

29. What is the MINIX policy regarding changes access rights to the "root" of my device?
- MINIX no warranty in case of change of the firmware, access the root, repair work without the consent of MINIX

30. I will not turn off the subtitles when playing a file with stitched subtitles (.mkv), I disabled them in the settings, but they still appear, what to do?
Instruction(thanks to u.zzzibooo )

31. I want to watch IPTV through XMBC, how can I implement this?
Setting IPTV XMBC through the example of Rostelecom

Modding

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedmihadom - 16.02.18, 17:31
Reason for editing: Add to FAQ guide to setting up IPTV + minor fixes

Rep: (1710)
!
Minixru.Blocked for violation of the forum rules:
4.23 ... The maintenance of commercial activities is allowed only in the "Commercial Services" section, information about the conditions for posting ads in this section can be on a page with a commercial offer.

Subject cleaned.

Rep: (12)
straightened link and x8-h from minix freshhttp://www.minix.com.hk/support.htm.Looks like sales soon start.
Minix X8 and X8S Pricing Revealed

Yes, They Announced The Pricing On Their FB Page. There IS An Obvious Typo Where They Interchanged The Pricing Of X8 and X8-H

https: //www.facebook.c...ch/p...23282324400605

Minix Is Pleased to Announce The Neo X8 and Neo X8-H (Previously Known As Neo X8S), Our First 4k Media Hubs for Android. Fully Equipped with Android 4.4 OS (Kitkat) The Neo X8 and Neo X8-H Bring The Complete Android Experience to the Big Screen; Offering Web Browsing, XBMC, 4K2K UHD Video Playback, Full 1080p HD Streaming, Internet Radio, Gaming and Much more. XBMC Minix Edition (Gotham) Comes Pre-Installed on the Neo X8 and Neo X8-H, with Full Hardware Decoding Support. This Exclusive Edition Delivers The Optimum XBMC Experience for Android. The Neo X8-H Will Be Released on Wednesday 4th June, Whilst The Neo X8 Will Be Available The Following Week, Wednesday 11th June. Official Presales Shall Commence This Wednesday 28th May. Please Visit Our Website for Full List of Minix Authorized Resellers: (http://www.minix.com.hk/aboutus/whereetobuy.html)Recommended Retail Price: neo x8 = US $ 149.00 | € 124.90 | £ 104.90 Neo x8-H = US $ 129.00 | € 109.90 | £ 89.90 NEO M1 = US $ 24.90 | € 24.90 | £ 19.90 (WHEN SOLD SOUPARATELY) FOR A LIMITED PERIOD, THE NEO X8-H SHALL INCLUDE THE NEO M1 GYROMOUSE AS A FREE-GIFT (WORTH US $ 24.90) [RE-POST THIS MESSAGE ON YOUR WALL TO BE ENERED INTO A FREE PRIZE DRAW To Win One (1) Neo X8-H + Neo M1 Gyromouse - Winner To Be Announced Next Week]

Sales will begin on June 4 (X8-H) and June 11 (x8). Cheers comrades!

Post has been editedBar021297 - 26.05.14, 20:17
Reason for editing: corrected link

Rep: (7)
So I joined the happy community of owners of Miniks. Until now, used a streamer from LG. He began to flush and decided to go to a qualitatively different level. And just that day, when I was already going to the store to buy the X7 suddenly I saw a message about the start of sales x8. I ordered it to the Internet (along with the A2 console) and now waiting for a little to prepare for communication with him. Unfortunately, none in the Internet, nor on the forums did not find instructions (at least the 7th version) nor in Russian or English. I would like to learn it before you start asking, perhaps stupid questions.
Maybe someone good will help me with the desired link?

Rep: (45)
Zanuda7 @ 05/31/2014, 08:27*
Maybe someone good will help me with the desired link?

What are you interested in?
Questions in lichku

Rep: (17)
StrjaZ @ 05/30/2014, 22:48*
What's wrong with the MINIX to view online video?

Online cinemas with flash player:
1. The player is not supported by all browsers.
2. Miscellanence from online cinemas I use SVF players who are poorly played
in detailshereandhere

Applications:
Vkontakte Video and Music- It works fine, but there are not all films (fighters with pirates do not sleep;)) + Films with some names It is difficult to find (for example, the film "Robot")
Cinema Ivi.ru.- It works perfectly, but some films are available only by subscription (Ie after donata) + in 40 minute videos we get 4 advertising blocks for 6 minutes each.

Torrent TV:
Unfortunately, I have not bother yet. If someone can paint the advantages and minutes torrent TV, please.

Post has been editedSilver_klop - 31.05.14, 10:21

With video browsers with flash, it works so bad, and no need to be especially.
Applications with online cinemas there are many
Movies online. Premieres!
Lazymedia
FS VideoBox
XbmcConnect the sepius repository for example, there is a bunch of services from online video, TV and so on.

Torrent TV works.

So everything works well.

Post has been editedstrjaz - 31.05.14, 10:52

Rep: (6)
I wonder how the X8-H will be with heat removal compared to S89H, will it also be warm?

SPRUT94 @ 03.06.2014, 20:24*
I wonder how the X8-H will be with heat removal compared to S89H, will it also be warm?

Do you have S89H?

I judge by S89, judging by the read ... I choose))

Sprut94 @ 03.06.2014, 21:55*
I judge by S89, judging by the read ... I choose))

And who told you that he was heated? From the branchTronsmart Vega S89, ES8, EM8 - Discussion ?
1 person wrote that he was heated, the rest do not

RLMF @ 06/09/2014, 16:57*
There, but by $ 10 more expensive there is the same minix, without a betrayal of pre-ordered who someone deceives, I don't know

More expensive because + M1 Air Mouse

Post has been editedstrjaz - 09.06.14, 20:51

Strjaz @ 06.06.2014, 19:54*
And who told you what he was heated?

a couple of people and wrote)) I ordered myself s89h-sweat

Rep: (0)
Hello!
Help to make the right choice.
Something I completely confused, what is the difference between these consoles?
What advise to take?
1 - Minix Neo X8-H SMART TV BOX
2 - MINIX NEO X8-H Quad Core Android Smart TV Box

Thank you in advance!!!

Post has been editeddemag - 14.06.14, 02:01

Demag @ 06/14/2014, 01:59*
Sem Hello!
Help to make the right choice.
Something I completely confused, what is the difference between these consoles?
What advise to take?
1 - Minix Neo X8-H SMART TV BOX
2 - MINIX NEO X8-H Quad Core Android Smart TV Box

Thank you in advance!!!

Absolutely identical

Rep: (1)
All programs from Miniks 7 fly. As I got it to look for a stable firmware for 7 minics.

Rep: (0)
Is it very hot?

Now I was barely warm looking Torrent Stream Controller.
If it is interesting to Alihttp: //www.aliexpress....Box-4K/1839871058.html
He wrote a letter from his hand in English in Russian. Thank you very much.

Rep: (40)
* gelo926, What gives Speedtest Wi Fi?

* zzzibooo
I drove 3 times SpeedTest 35 reception 40 return, I have a tariff 50.

I like everything firmware from May 29, but now I wanted to establish from July 7 issues an error.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 13.01.21, 11:51