> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony SBH80 | Stereo BluetoothВ® Headset

Rep: (119)
Stereo BluetoothВ® Headset Sony SBH80
PictureSony SBH80
Accessories
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications:
Functions
Bluetooth Standard Version: 3.0
NFC technology
Ability to work with multiple devices simultaneously
HD Voice Technology
AptXВ® audio codec
Battery
Standby time: up to 650 hours
Talk time: up to 9 hours
Operating time in streaming playback mode: 6 hours
Battery: 125 mAh
Compatibility
This Bluetooth headset is suitable for Bluetooth enabled smartphones, tablets and computers
Controls
Power key
Receive / end call
Play / pause key
Next / Previous Track Key
Connectors
Micro USB Charger Port
Supported Bluetooth Profiles
Handsfree Profile (HFP) 1.6 (with HD support)
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2
Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4 - for control and reception of a signal
Acoustic parameters
Speaker Type: 5.8mm
Headphones: In-Ear
Nominal Impedance: 15 Ohms
Frequency range: 10 to 20,000 Hz (medium / high range with orientation to the diffusion field)
Max. SPL: 100 dBA (EN 50332-1)
Total harmonic distortion:<0.5% (100 to 10,000 Hz at 100 dB SPL)
Microphones: 2 MEMS microphones
A photo:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Useful information
Previous Survey Results
Attached Image

Official site

Post has been editedNikCher - 28.04.16, 06:25
Reason for editing: Analysis of headphones SONY SBH80

The headset came out recently, probably the owners are still few. But still, maybe someone has already acquired it and is ready to share their opinion about it. I would like to hear :).

A distinctive feature of the same SBH50 \ 52 in addition to design is support for the apt-x audio codec.

Post has been editedMichaelPro - 29.03.14, 16:47

Rep: (13)
MichaelPro @ 03/29/2014, 5:30 PM*
A distinctive feature of the same SBH50 \ 52 in addition to design is support for the apt-x audio codec.

and the inability to connect really good headphones)))))

Rep: (105)
I join the question MichaelPro, owners unsubscribe how is it?

Post has been editedjello73 - 29.03.14, 19:45

In the meantime, we are waiting for reviews, we look ...
A brief overview of the Sony SBH-80 Bluetooth headset
The author speaks very well about sound quality. And in general, he did not find any cons.

And textreviewer. True, they made a mistake with the price :).

Post has been editedMichaelPro - 29.03.14, 21:10

The author speaks very well about sound quality

Hmm, you see not with all the devices, the first review appeared on the NM, there the sound is not praised by a person paired with an apple. True, apples with BT always had some problems.
Karoch, I realized that it’s better to use it with a bucket.

If we talk about the quality of music in the headphones, then I'm primarily interested in comparing with the SBH20 \ 50 \ 52 models. If not worse - well, excellent. I am quite happy with my sbh20 in terms of quality and volume level of music. And for some reason I’m sure that everything is better in this sense :).

And for some reason I’m sure that everything is better in this sense :)

Yes, I also have no doubt about this, I will take the MV1 to replace it, which also suits me in terms of sound quality. You and I are unlikely to disentangle ourselves in sound. Not much price will fall and I will take.

Rep: (14)
I have both Sony sbh50 and Sony sbh80. Bought 2 weeks ago. In my opinion, the sound quality is better and more comfortable to wear, fewer hesitations (compared to the 50th).
Work with Sony xperia z1 compact.

Post has been editedncsergey - 30.03.14, 19:32
Reason for editing: Additions

Rep: (6)
Owner SBH80 less than a day. So, my review cannot be called full-fledged - so, at a glance.
Impressions are still positive. Perhaps, this is largely due to the fact that I did not expect something from the headset - therefore there is no so-called "the effect of deceived expectation."

The first thing that pleased. The "plugs" in the ears sit normally (no worse than in the SBH50, for example). In the photo they seemed heavy, because he was afraid that, like in the wired LiveSound (they are somewhat similar), they would constantly fall out of their ears. But no, everything is OK with that.
The second, and, I think, the main thing: there is a VOICE SET! That's what I did not hope for (since the time of MW600). With a long press of the call button, it becomes possible to launch voice applications (in my case it was Google search, Cyberon Voice Commander and Assistant in Russian).

In general, the headset on the neck sits quite comfortable. Nothing annoying, not annoying. For example, with the SBH50, wires dangling in whatever way were constantly enraging.
Mates quickly. It seemed to be better in holding Bluetooth connectivity than the SBH50 (there were fewer audio interruptions due to physical barriers between the headset and the phone).
I can’t say anything by the sound (maybe there is a lack of perception :)) - I didn’t notice any drastic changes. However, everything was fine with me on the SBH50.

The buttons seemed harsh - to achieve action, you need to make an effort. In the case of the on / off button - even significant ones. Perhaps just out of habit.
Some kind of confusion with determining the battery charge. I read in the instructions that there should be some kind of dancing with a tambourine: go there on the phone, press something. There is nothing like that on my ZL. Unless, when pairing, the (pairing) icon appears at the top of the screen, clicking on which you can seem to see how much the headset has to "live". For example, now I have there "0 days 7 hours (23 in standby mode)." It seems like everything is clear. But unusual.

So far, somehow. Over time, I think, impressions will be added.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedDzigurdamoris - 01.04.14, 03:27

I will add about the charge.
You can find out how much charge is left in 2 ways:
1. Using Smartconnect (shows how much is left in the watch)
2. By briefly pressing the on / off button when the headset is on. The diode next will light up in color, according to the amount of charge.
PS I do not remember which colors correspond to which%.

Thanks guys for the feedback, it seems that this is what I need, I will take it. The IS800 did not buy at one time, but I will definitely buy this one.

Rep: (0)
Question to the owners:
As far as one can judge from the pictures, while using the headset, the microphones are at the level of the shoulder girdle. If you wear the headset under a jacket, will you have to get a microphone from under the jacket during a conversation so that the other person can hear better?

And again about determining the level of charge.
Still, Smart Connect shows some kind of "weather". This morning I was going to work. I look at the charge level: "4 hours (12 in standby mode)." Well, ok, I think. I drove for a maximum of one and a half hours, listened to music all the way. Before he reached the office, the headset was completely discharged.
So, music lovers, be careful :)

Maguch,
I think it will. :) And just so that the interlocutor can hear you better.
In any case, the fewer obstacles, the better the sound. But I myself did not conduct such experiments.

Post has been editedDzigurdamoris - 03.04.14, 02:36

Rep: (4)
Dzigurdamoris @ 04/03/2014, 03:35*
And again about determining the level of charge.
Still, Smart Connect shows some kind of "weather". This morning I was going to work. I look at the charge level: "4 hours (12 in standby mode)." Well, ok, I think. I drove for a maximum of one and a half hours, listened to music all the way. Before he reached the office, the headset was completely discharged.
So, music lovers, be careful

How much battery is really enough for listening to music ??
I wanted to replace my SBH-20s, a year has passed since I purchased them, the battery lasts an average of 3 - 3.5 hours, depending on the volume.
According to the specifications, it’s not very Sony and strengthened this model in this indicator. (SBH20-110 mAh / SBH80-125 mAh).
The time to work and from work takes about 4 hours in total and I would like not to even think about charging.

Puzyaka @ 04/03/2014, 17:35*
How much battery is really enough for listening to music ??

In the specifications it is written that 6 hours. That's about it.

Notification Indicator:

Flashingred: Battery charge from 0 to 4%.
Yellow: battery charge from 5 to 29%.
Green: Battery charge 30 to 100%.
Flashingblue: The headset is in pairing mode.
FlashingViolet: incoming call.
;)

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 09.09.14, 08:07
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (3)
Hello! Please tell me, I have 2 questions!

1. The indicator does not light during operation. When you press the power button, the indicator blinks green.
2. What charger do you recommend? there are 2 charges: 1.5A from z ultra, 850mA from xperia ray, or charge from a USB computer 500mA?

THX )

Dexis01 @ 04/04/2014, 23:10*
2. What charger do you recommend? there are 2 charges: 1.5A from z ultra, 850mA from xperia ray, or charge from a USB computer 500mA?

I'm charging from a computer or charging from an SBH50 at 850mA

Rep: (3)
ncsergey, THX! At the expense of 1.5A charging from z ultra, is it worth it to charge in your opinion? Question to all)

Rep: (46)
dexis01, not worth it - batteries of such a small capacity are afraid of large charging currents (they quickly lose capacity) + less charge current - longer operation time (not always proportional - you need to find the optimal ratio: the phone does not charge well with a current of 0.15A, it will not work longer ( but 1-1.5A is better than 2A), but for headsets, the currents are 0.15-0.25A it’s the most (still the mains charges from Jabra and Plantronics, when they are included in the kit, use these values ​​- the headset takes longer to charge with this current, but it also works much longer)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/24/19, 06:36