> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

23 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Philips Xenium W3500 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5 "
Potapxxx
Message#1
27.03.14, 12:38
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 675
Check in: 29.03.06
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

DiscussionPhilips Xenium W3500
PicturePhilips Xenium W3500, Philips CTW3500BK / 00
Description |Discussion | PHILIPS CLUB
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications
Specifications:
  • Manufacturer: Philips
  • Model: W3500
  • Country of origin: China
  • Type: smartphone
  • Standards: GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, GSM 900, WCDMA 2100, WCDMA 900
  • Number of SIM-cards: 2
  • Localization: Russian
  • Antenna: built-in
  • Vibrating alert: available
  • Organizer: notes, world time, calendar, alarm clock, calculator, scheduler, clock
  • Types of messages: MMS, SMS, voice mail, mobile e-mail
  • Number of voices polyphony: 64
  • Web support: CSS, HTML, WAP 2.0, xHTML
  • Speech Modes: AMR, HR, EFR, FR
  • Security features: keypad lock, PIN, PIN2, PUK, PUK2
  • Built-in devices: accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor, voice recorder, speaker, microphone
  • Special functions: self-portrait, built-in flash, video recording with sound, front VGA camera, face recognition, smile recognition, MP3 call, video player / recorder, video call, voice control, Google voice search, speakerphone, Google maps, electronic reading application books, flight mode, noise reduction, games
  • Processor: 1.3 GHz, properties / features: Quad-Core
  • Memory: 1 GB internal RAM, micro SD flash memory, up to 32 GB supported
  • Display: built-in. 24-bit (16.2 million colors) 5 ”graphic display, resolution: 480 x 854
  • Properties / features: touch screen
  • Image Modes / Video Capture: 854 x 480 - up to 30 frames of standard quality in H.263 format
  • Operating system: Android 4.2
  • Interfaces / connectors: USB 2.0 micro Type B, mini 3.5mm micro SD slot headphones
  • Battery: LiIon 2200 mA / h
  • Certificates: Rostest
  • Power supply: external power adapter
  • Dimensions, weight: 73.6 x 142.2 x 9.65 mm, 170 g
Included in the kit:
  • battery
  • Charger
  • data cable
  • headset
Digital player supported formats:
  • Audio: AAC, AMR, MIDI, MP3, WAV
  • Video: 3GP, MPEG-4
  • Playback modes: folder, repeat, random,
  • special features: A2DP
Digital camera:
  • built-in
  • matrix resolution: 5 million pixels
  • Maximum resolution: 2592 x 1944
  • self portrait
  • built-in flash
  • video recording with sound
  • front VGA camera
  • face recognition
  • smile recognition
Network
  • 3G
  • Bluetooth: 3.0
  • HSDPA
  • Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.15.1
  • Max. transmission rate: 54 Mbps.
  • Modem: built-in 3G-modem, EDGE modem 48 kbps, class 12
  • GPS: GPS, A-GPS
Photo
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Personal opinion on the device
There are no accessories for it yet, the only possible case sits just poorly and does not close completely. No bumpers.
The bundled glossy film stuck without problems.
Charges from 0 to 100 for quite a long time, if not used - then about 3.5 hours with any charge.
Camera without autofocus, frankly, not really pictures.
My OPPOS Megafon does not have it in the knowledge base, the Internet got up right away, and I had to tinker with MMS. By going through the settings were found, now I send and receive MMS.
There are no weather widgets in stock. After HTC, I wanted something similar.
The 32 Gb Transcend memory card is quietly working.
When using a flashlight - the flash heats up, it is felt.
When running tests or bulk file uploads, it heats up next to the flash. Not deadly, but palpable.

Feedback fromRabiosa
I will leave my opinion on this device based on weekly use.
The interface is very smart (in comparison with the former Chinese on ICS), I liked it very much and did not notice any brakes. The screen is quite mediocre with such a diagonal, viewing angles are not encouraging, but tolerable.
The sound of the call is quiet, with headphones, even good ones, the sound is average, so that as a player it is still hardly suitable, although if you are not too pretentious, that's fine. In general, my main disappointment is of course the sound.
The big disadvantage is that it often loses communication when the signal level is bad, so if you have a bad catch, it is better to set the communication settings on GSM.
The camera, again in comparison with the former Chinese, is pretty decent for its 5MP, but you should not expect macro shots from it.
The battery, in general, keeps up well, seems to fall asleep completely, but as soon as all 4 cores wake up, the specific zhor begins. Well, I, using both the reader and the music player, he lived for 2 days.
Plus, it was normal to root with framaroot and xposed it perfectly stood up. Overall, not bad for the money, although a bit disappointed.
Yes, I forgot, the main disadvantage is that it is still noticeably heavy, much harder than classmates (judging by Samsung).
Setting your ringtones to the call, alarm, sms, etc.
To set personal melodies, you need to create the following folders in the phone’s memory or on the memory card: Alarms (alarm signal), Notifications, Ringtones.
Copy your melodies into these folders, now when you select an incoming call, sms or alarm, you will have your own melodies available.
It is better to place the melodies in the phone's memory, since when you remove the memory card, the melodies can get lost.
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedMgalex - 04.04.17, 22:29
Reason for editing: Broken link
Enlightened grandfather
Message#2
27.03.14, 15:08
99.99% of the answers are in the caps
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 6867
Check in: 27.11.11
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A 4/64

M
Topic moved to subsection"Other brands".
Potapxxx
Message#3
27.03.14, 18:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

In stock there is the possibility of recording a conversation. To do this, you really need to press the pens, the machine does not start. But he writes very well.
Also on the keyboard noted the absence of the letters E and b.

--------------------
Somewhere in outter space
eeonw
Message#4
27.03.14, 22:13
User
[offline]

Messages 66
Check in: 14.02.08

I bought in pleer.ru for 6200, the OltraMax 32gb card works fine.
What are the known analogues of this body (on the hardware platform) - I want to try root, etc.
Potapxxx
Message#5
27.03.14, 23:34
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

eeonwI am afraid that with this device on the resource, except for us and you, there is no one else ((what is the root here ...

--------------------
Yuri_Gris
Message#6
28.03.14, 18:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Check in: 02.09.11
Philips Xenium W6610

I will be the third;) .......
I want to draw attention to the fact that, on the Yandex market and in other Internet stores, it passes as a xenium. misleading these people.
He has nothing to do with the Xenium lineup; on the Philips website, he runs as a mobile phone. Why am I doing this?
And besides, my 4-re previous xeniums really were real xeniums and held the battery for a long time. I have doubts about this device, although let's see how it will be in practice.
Now the question is - the sound of the speaker is rather weak, therefore leisurely the entrance to the engineering menu of this unit is searched in order to increase the speaker volume.
Who is the thread in the know?
eeonw
Message#7
28.03.14, 19:18
User
[offline]

Messages 66

think for three ...
root is obtained using Framaroot 1.9.1. Barahir method - other methods failed.

Mobileuncle MTK Tools 2.9.9 also started normally.
there, it seems, you can activate the engineering menu.

assembly number on the body - w3500_M6582M_1352_00_V16A_RU
Potapxxx
Message#8
28.03.14, 22:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Yuri_Gris- Dada, it goes everywhere like Xenium, on the office it is written in black and white - Mobile phone W3500, Black, WCDMA / GSM CTW3500BK / 00

Svmogo has a dvuhsimochny xenium on a rainy day, I charge it once a month)) but it is as simple as three kopecks, that's why it keeps.

As for ours - well, with an average use of 20-24 hours holds. The screen, of course, eats a lot, especially when it is now 75-100 in the sun: include lights. In the room and 25-50 for the eyes enough.

When I downloaded the battery, I noticed that if it was cut down, then it was already without a chance that it would be possible to turn it on. I waited half an hour, I don’t know, maybe if I wait an hour or two, it will turn on and be enough for a call or one SMS.

Another very annoying nuisance is that from 0 to 100 with a regular charge it takes 3 - 3.5 hours to charge. I tried from the old Inkrika (it has a current of 1.0 A versus 0.7 standard) - I thought it would be faster - no, the same 3 - 3.5 hours.

Well, about the camera ... with ordinary lamps in the room (at home) - this is sadness pichal (((in the street with normal lighting, of course, it works well. Well, in the office, where there is a lot of light, too.

But in general, as a boa constrictor on dust ... Asya, Internet, vazzap - everything rustles, flies))) It will even be faster than my Inkrik.

eeonw- the same assembly. I feel that everyone is now the same)

Post has been editedPotapxxx - 28.03.14, 22:23

--------------------
eeonw
Message#9
29.03.14, 12:08
User
[offline]

Messages 66

normally installed and workingGravitybox
Potapxxx
Message#10
29.03.14, 13:10
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

eeonw- write down the manual if it’s not difficult, how you got the root, what you did with the firmware backup, how I put it on GravityBox - I read what you can do right in it, really wanted it)))

And the manual in the cap immediately put! Because it is a mega useful thing!

Post has been editedPotapxxx - 29.03.14, 13:10

--------------------
eeonw
Message#11
29.03.14, 17:00
User
[offline]

Messages 66

Getting root on the Philips W3500 usingFramaroot

I have such a phone (copied from MTKdroidTools):
Hardware: MT6582
Model: Philips W3500
Build number: W3500_M6582M_1352_00_V16A_RU
Build date UTC: 20140103-031346
Android v: 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V11.P11, 2013/12/17 14:27
Kernel v: 3.4.5 (builder56 @ ubuntu) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC)) # 1 SMP Fri Jan 3 11:11:46 CST 2014

was put on completely naked, out of the box phone
version Framaroot (the latest at the moment) - 1.9.1.
There is nothing to add to the standard description in the Framaroot thread, only in Framaroot itself you can choose not the methods of rutting, but select the one that suits the W3500 right away.
Here is a description of the process from the Framaroot topic under the W3500:

1. Download the file fromFramarootto device or copy to memory card. Do not forget in the "Settings-Security-Unknown sources" tick (allow installation of applications not from Google Play).
2. Install, run Framaroot and click "Allow" if the antivirus issues a security risk warning. Choose “Install SuperSU” in the running Framaroot to get root rights,
3. Click Barahir - an exploit available to your device.
4. A window with a funny smiley appeared :-), it means that root-rights were obtained successfully (see screenshot).
5. Restart the device and rejoice!
6. After receiving root rights, the Framaroot installation file can be deleted.

If something did not work out - it means you have to go to the topic.Framarootand see the details.

Post has been editedeeonw - 29.03.14, 17:02
eeonw
Message#12
29.03.14, 17:30
User
[offline]

Messages 66

The last MTKdroidTools phone saw!
and made a backup.

GravityBox set as per instructions® GravityBox

1) Make a backup of the current firmware. MANDATORY! - I did not do this, but apparently, since I have loaded everything after step 3), it means that everyone who has the same firmware as me will also boot (at your own peril and risk).

2) Download the Xposed Framework installer here.

3) Go to Xposed Installer ->System ->Install / Update.

4) Reboot. If the device does not load, then your current firmware is not compatible with the framework. The following steps can be skipped. Recover from the backup.

5) Download the GravityBox from the attachment in this post and install in TELEPHONE MEMORY. When installed on a memory card, the application will not work!

6) Launch Xposed installer, go to the Modules tab and activate GravityBox by ticking the checkbox.

7) Click the System tab and click the Soft Restart button.

8) Launch GravityBox from the list of applications or from Xposed and select the options you need

Post has been editedeeonw - 29.03.14, 17:38
Potapxxx
Message#13
29.03.14, 18:34
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Put MtkDroidTools_v253 - did not see the bodies (

I put Gravity, everything seemed to be normal at first - but then after rebooting everything was lost in the quick access curtain (Disconnected Gravity - Everything returned.

Post has been editedPotapxxx - 29.03.14, 19:06

--------------------
eeonw
Message#14
29.03.14, 19:54
User
[offline]

Messages 66

And the driver and the adb put on the computer and more permissions on the body?
Potapxxx
Message#15
29.03.14, 20:27
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

On the computer all the firewood stood up automatically, the adb did not set. In the body, what permissions are needed?

--------------------
ajks
Message#16
05.04.14, 15:13
User
[offline]

Messages 98
Check in: 13.09.11
Meizu M2 Mini

will be the fourth
Potapxxx
Message#17
05.04.14, 20:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Welcome )))

--------------------
koval_vit97
Message#18
06.04.14, 15:35
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 02.09.13
Huawei U8655 Ascend Y200

And the firmware on it will be?
Yuri_Gris
Message#19
07.04.14, 12:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Check in: 02.09.11
Philips Xenium W6610

It is better to buy a new device right away. Here I personally hurried with the purchase, a new model 6610 was released. That is really the Xenium and the 5300 battery.
Because For me, the priority is a long battery life, then the Xenium 6610 is the very thing. Now I’m sitting here deciding what to do with the 3500 model - it’s very difficult to sell the thing I just bought and to put it on the shelf is also not very good, but every day more and more hotstsa xenium 6610.
Potapxxx
Message#20
07.04.14, 18:35
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 675
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Yuri_Gris- I agree on something. In essence, the filling is the same. Only here is the battery ... yes it is ...
And it seems like in 3500 there is a camera of 5 MP, and in 6610 - 8 MP.
Personally, I generally wanted to Note 3, but with money, it’s not thick. Therefore, I took 3500 to replace my nokii 5800hm - and I do not regret anything. No, I understand that there will be no new firmware, no update, no custom for it - but I took the device for a year.
He mostly suits me - asya, skype, inet, read books.
Of the minuses - not enough volume in the player and there is no camera autofocus.
But otherwise more than satisfied.

Yes, and at a price of 6k for 3500 against 8.5k for 6610.
And in the rest of the stores, its price approaches almost 10 - for 10, I think you can find something more abruptly by characteristics. By the way, I saw today the Chinese clones of the Samsung - c4 and note3 - I did not remember the roar mapp or something like that. So, outwardly - one to one, the filling is there as in our 3500 - both in hardware and software.

Post has been editedPotapxxx - 07.04.14, 18:38

--------------------
Begemot911
Message#21
10.04.14, 11:07
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 22
Check in: 10.04.14

just bought a phone. Now I want to sell and buy a highscreen boost. w3500 doesn’t have touch-sensitive button illumination, in the dark 10 times you have to press it while you guess it, the external external speaker and the conversational speaker depress the viewing angles. camera more or less. but the battery showed 800 points in Antutu tester. in fact, with games, there will be enough hours for 1.5-2.
I want to try to forcibly stop two cores, put two at the minimum frequency - do you think something will work out and will the battery life be extended?

23 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 08:46