65 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Huawei E5172 - Discussion | [ltemodem] [wifirouter] Stationary router - discussion
citrixserver
Message#1
21.03.14, 11:03
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 984
Check in: 19.11.11
Nokia C7-00

Discussion: Huawei E5172

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
4G / Wi-Fi-access point (router)
Wi-Fi standard: 802.11n
3G support
LTE support
Specifications:
General characteristics
Type 4G / Wi-Fi access point (router)
802.11n wireless standard
Built-in 3G support
Built-in LTE support
Reception / Transmission
Information Security WEP, WPA, WPA2
Router
The router is
Firewall (FireWall) is
NAT is
Monitoring and Configuring
Web interface is
VoIP
Number of FXS 1 ports
Additionally
Autonomous work is
Additional information connector for external antenna; RJ-11 port for connecting an analog telephone
Reviews:
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedstp101 - 08.11.18, 00:05
Reason for editing: Instructions for changing IMEI and TTL
Saymer
Message#42
20.05.14, 10:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Check in: 24.02.10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

Well, actually, yes, if the antenna in the kit is the same as in the photo, then this is a rather mediocre Chinese antenna, at the cost of 700 rubles, together with the shipment. And it has a gain of no more than 12 dbi. Also, the antenna on the last page is also Chinese and rather mediocre. And given the fairly cheap and poor cable length of 5 meters, the loss in this cable will negate all the advantages of this antenna.

Likewise, with this, the router itself is very credited, but the cable and antenna in this kit causes many doubts. Generally, if you want to use an external antenna, then it is better to use normal options. That is, a normal cable and a normal antenna. Well, or not to use at all.
V.Bogatov
Message#43
20.05.14, 10:25
Local
[offline]

Messages 229
Check in: 14.03.12
Honor 7 PLK-L01

Saymer @ 05/20/2014, 11:04*
normal cable and normal antenna

If you can link to the antenna and cable, trustworthy. The main thing on the antenna, the cable, I think, and the television will go, the frequencies are about the same.
Tcykacy
Message#44
20.05.14, 10:54
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 22.08.13

It is necessarymxboyask what kind of antenna he took himself. Won already 12km punches.
I took myself suchlinkbut to be honest, I observe the effect only on 3G, (there was 1 stick, it became 3). I had to dance with a tambourine in search of directions. LTE is not entirely clear, depending on the operator and the time of day, a maximum of 14Mbps squeezed. And so in the region of 3-4 Mbit, + I sin on my cable assembly, I pressed both connectors myself, little or no, maybe my hands are hooks

Post has been editedTcykacy - 20.05.14, 10:59
V.Bogatov
Message#45
20.05.14, 11:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 229
Check in: 14.03.12
Honor 7 PLK-L01

Tcykacythere is also the likelihood and not small that Megaphone is "odd". I will watch how time will be.
Saymer
Message#46
20.05.14, 11:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

V.Bogatov @ 05/20/2014, 10:25*
cable, I think, and the TV will go, the frequencies are about the same.

It's not so simple, the antenna cable has a wave resistance of 75 Ohms, the radio cable has a wave resistance of 50 Ohms. This affects the CWS. If the CWS is high, the energy that the modem transmitter emits will be reflected and return back to the modem, this will lead to overheating and a decrease in the modem's power to transmit. It will look like a gradual decrease in the speed of the Internet.

But, there is also an opinion that the impedance can be neglected, because it is better to use high-quality 75 Ohm TV cable with good insulation of the central core than a bad 50 Ohm cable. An example of a bad cable is the RG-58, which comes bundled, which is located by the link above with this topic.

With some desire, the antenna can be assembled and most, but you can and purchase. At least there are two offices in Russia, which themselves are engaged in the development, production and sale of antennas for GSM, UMTS, LTE networks. That is for 2G, 3G, 4G.

About the cable was an article, did not add to bookmarks. But in part, what was written thereCDMA CABLE: 50 OM OR 75 OM?andWhy the wave resistance of coaxial waveguides 50 and 75 Ohms?, and it’s also written that it’s better to use a good TV cable than a bad radio cable.

About stores, as I said, thousands of their ebay and similar Chinese products at a ridiculous price, but here I think, and so everything is clear. And so, there are two offices antex-e.ru and bester-ltd.ru. About the second I will not tell the office, but from the first I have an antennaAGATA - 4G / 3G / 2G broadband panel antenna, bought last year for the E392 modem.

Also, if there is time and desire to see reviews and experiments on the manufacture of its antennas, as well as on the use of ready-made antennas. Since the topic was originally conceived as a discussion of the experience of home-made antennas, and then ready-made offers appeared on the market, you can seeDiscussion of external antennas for USB modems

In general, the general idea is this:
1. There are no universal antennas. That is, if in one case you need to install one type of antenna, then in the other you may have to use a completely different type.
2. For places with an uncertain signal reception, directional antennas are used, which emit the entire received signal in one direction, towards the base station of the Operator.
3. Of these, the Yagi wave channel is used in practice in UMTS and LTE networks, to a greater extent for UMTS. KU (gain) depends on the length of the antenna, and usually does not exceed 17 dbi for UMTS networks with the longest length.
4. Flat panel antennas, they are more expensive than Yagi antennas because of the complexity of the production, but they have better characteristics in terms of the radiation pattern and a smaller SWR. KU is higher than that of the wave channel, there are antennas with KU 20 Dbi on the market.
5. Parabolic mirror (satellite antenna) and the feed in the antenna focus. The higher the antenna diameter, the higher the gain. Allow to achieve the largest KU, with a parabolic mirror 1.5 meters in diameter, you can get up to 28 Dbi. Of the benefits, this is the only antenna that does not require direct visibility to the BS. Due to the structural features of the antenna, the radio waves are collected and focused at the point where the feed is installed. In some cases, it gives very good results.
6. Grid parabolic mirror, of the advantages of lower weight, less windage and the ability to lift higher.
7. Ideally, you need direct visibility from the antenna installed on the BS to the subscriber's antenna. That is, it is necessary to raise the antenna as high as possible and direct it strictly to the Operator BS. Not always this condition can be met, but you need to strive for this.

Just do not forget about the loss in the cable and connectors. According to optimistic calculations, the loss in the adapter is 0.1 db, according to pesspessimistic 1.5 db. Also, cable losses at high frequency are about 0.4db on the cable at each meter.
5D-FB PVCon RG-58 A / U, on the order of 0.7 db on every meter.

Thus, losses occur at the external antenna connector 0.1 db<->0.1 db drop cable connector that is screwed to the antenna<->0.1 db drop cable connector that is on the other side of 0.1 db<->0.1 db on the SMA socket, which is installed in the modem. This is without taking into account losses in the cable itself. Thus, from the gain of the antenna, you can immediately subtract the order of 4-5 db loss of the useful signal.

About the loss of signal in the cable, you can also seeYota antennapretty well written andYota signal gain with LTE antenna

From all this follows the main rulecable length must be the minimum required!That is, this means that you should not put the antenna on the mast, and pull the cable to the first floor. Because all the useful signal will fade in the cable. The most correct option was voiced in this thread.Huawei E5172 (all versions) (Post # 31448056), but if there is no desire to lose the warranty, then put the antenna as high as possible, use a normal cable and the shortest possible length. It should also be borne in mind that if you use a cable that is thicker than the RG-58, then it will not be possible to connect to the SMA modem output just like that. I wrote about this on the last page. But there are also ways to solve this problem. The most correct is to use a short pigtail SMA female - SMA male made of an RG-58 cable and a minimum length of 20 cm. Because I would not recommend using a hard adapter, because you can easily break the SMA connector out of the modem board. He keeps there solely on rations. And it will not be a warranty case.

By the way, now I went to see what kind of antennas there are, and there are ready-made options for installing a modem in the antenna right away with hermobox.AX-2014P BOX MINI, True, this is for the 3G network, but for sure there is also for LTE.The same is, in howPETRA BB MIMO 2x2 BOX, last year there were none.
If you have any other questions about the antennas, I will try to answer them. But, the main thing that should be paid attention, I tried to reflect in this post.

Post has been editedSaymer - 20.05.14, 13:42
Reason for editing: cosmic improvements
mxboy
Message#47
20.05.14, 21:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 165
Check in: 25.03.11

Tcykacy @ 05/20/2014, 11:54*
ask mxboy what kind of antenna he took for himself

It has become unnecessary 24 decibelBesterov's antenna2.4 giga for WiFi bridges, in vertical polarization.
I think to replace it withthis design, and then the signal is now without a reserve for rain.

Post has been editedmxboy - 20.05.14, 21:54
Tcykacy
Message#48
21.05.14, 12:18
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 22.08.13

mxboyand how are you going to connect it to 2 inputs? Soldered to the board?
Saymer
Message#49
21.05.14, 12:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

Tcykacy @ 05/21/2014, 12:18*
Soldered to the board?

In no case, why dirty the device in this way.
mxboywrote how he plans to do, and gave a link on the second pageHuawei E5172 (all versions) (Post # 31448056)
An antenna adapter adapter is purchased, where the Uf.l-female (I P X) connector is on one end and what is required on the other. For example, in the same antex-e.ru there is suchAntenna adapter Uf.l-female (I P X) - 150mm -SMA-female

If you disassemble the case, you will see the modem itself, which has two Uf.l outputs, this can be seen in the photo in this post,Huawei E5172 (all versions) (Post # 30971123)

The modem has two Uf.l outputs to which two pigtails are connected. One goes to the antenna, which is etched on the board and does not commute. Another pigtail is switched with an electronic key. Either to the antenna, which is etched on the board, or to the SMA female connector, which is soldered on the motherboard, and to which an external antenna is connected. The choice is made in the WEB interface of the router.

Just as I wrote, if there is a desire to use two outputs, then there are ready-made antennas produced by antex-e.ru, with a germobox installed there on the back side. There are networks for UMTS (3G) and LTE (4G).

The only thing that is bad is that all this requires disassembling the case, which means there will be a loss of warranty. The advantage of this is that the signal will not experience attenuation in the antenna cable, and maximum efficiency (signal gain) from using an external antenna will be obtained.

Post has been editedSaymer - 21.05.14, 13:04
mxboy
Message#50
23.05.14, 07:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 165

Saymer @ 05/21/2014, 1:56 PM*
An antenna adapter adapter is purchased, where the Uf.l-female (I P X) connector is on one end and what is required on the other.

Exactly: yes2:
citrixserver
Message#51
24.05.14, 22:55
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 984
Nokia C7-00

Dear Colleagues, the question (s) to all who, one way or another, have advanced to the idea of ​​a hermobox. I like this idea myself (for the router receives 2 directional external antennas, and the maximum height offset on the mast, which is good for a point-to-point connection and a minimum of negative in the Fresnel zone), but what about this:
- We forget that in fact from the router we use only its network functionality, to use it as VoIP you need to pull at least one more cable (at least 2-core) ...
- If my memory does not fail, then no one has yet managed to get the router to work with the battery removed. By depriving the battery router and creating the possibility of its powering directly, not through the “battery” logic, one could get rid of the battery dependence (charge-discharge and eventually periodic replacement of this element of the router, the behavior of NiCd batteries with minus in winter or plus in summer heat,). ..).
And finally, transferring the router to the germobox you need:
- To provide it with power according to the POE method (with the whole complex of equipment), i.e. an FTP cable goes to the sealed box (versions no worse than outdoor) via which the router receives power at 12v, the date itself is a signal, the ground.
- Provide the router in the hermobox with a ground cable, because the sealed box on the mast is a reason for lightning or even induced electrical discharge (both very unpleasant things).
- Understand that the process of oxidizing contacts of the USIM card and temperature effects on it will lead to possible maintenance work (remove the hermobox - check the contacts of the USIM card and, if necessary, in case of its inoperability due to periodic temperature cycles - stupidly replace it).

--------------------
On WIKI the poor person is much more erudite than GOOGLE !!!
Saymer
Message#52
26.05.14, 09:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

At the expense of the battery theme is really interesting. This weekend I finally managed to get to the country house, and thus I was able to test the E5172 in real conditions, so to speak. As the pigtail ordered by me has not arrived yet, I decided to refuse using the SMA-SMA adapter, for the reasons stated earlier. That modem worked using the internal antenna in the 3G network (UMTS) of the Operator Beeline.

Since, as you know, direct visibility is necessary, the best thing I could do is to put the modem on the window. After some time, a minus of such an arrangement emerged, the case of the modem is black and it is very hot from the sun's rays, and I even got some kind of error. The power indicator began to glow pink, and the modem stopped responding to 192.168.1.1. I took it off the windowsill, cooled it with a fan for a minute or two, and everything became normal again.

It also became clear that the modem should stand upright, on a stand or table. This is necessary for proper air circulation inside the enclosure. At the dacha I looked carefully, from below, in the area of ​​the stand there are air intake slots, at the top for the release of hot air. Apparently in the Tx transmission mode, heat is generated in the region of the modem. Also, the operation of the Wi-Fi network probably also causes some heating of the components. Yes, and the modem's power supply produces 12V 3A current, which indicates a high consumption in peak loads.

Thus, it is necessary to organize the correct cooling of the modem, if it is used in the case as it is, or on the mast, excessive heating can lead to some difficulties, and possibly some problems.

On the performance and speed of the Internet, it was rather slow. I don’t know whether this is due to the lack of an antenna or is it such a speed on the side of the Operator. But on one side of the house the signal was “1 wand” (-85 dB) and speed in the region of 300 kbps per second, in the other side of the house “3 sticks” (-77 dB), but the speed was 50-70 kbit in s . That is, obviously, in other places with the worst indicators of the signal level (-105 dB) the speed is higher. And the ping at the same time was 105 ms, sometimes it jumped to 400 ms. At the same time ttl = 52 was. There is an assumption that I caught UMTS 900 and UMTS 2100, but to say where it is impossible which, because in the modem you can choose only 3G, or another standard, or automatic selection. Without an antenna, 4G does not catch it, I have not tried it with an antenna yet. There will be a pigtail, I'll try.

Also in the plans to try to switch to another Operator, to Megaphone. Because as I learned from people who are engaged in telecom and offer services "Internet to the dacha", they have their own infrastructure and main lines. But tariffs are currently high. 1,000 rubles unlimited. But I do not need so much. And the installation of equipment 5,000 rubles.

In general, their director said that in the area where the dacha was located, Beeline used the old RRL, with a maximum bandwidth of E1 flow. That is, it is 1024 kbps maximum. Thus, as I understand, no matter how strong the signal level is, physically, Beeline BS cannot pump more data. After all, the priority over voice traffic in the first place, and data transmission goes on the residual principle.
citrixserver
Message#53
26.05.14, 10:36
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 984
Nokia C7-00

Saymer @ 05/26/2014, 10:50*
The modem case is black and it is very hot from the sun, and I even got some kind of error.

Mega has a white case for sale. I once did not underestimate the beauty of the "white horse". On this router on the windowsill set in a flower garden. Well, at least some kind of shadow from the leaves. ;)
It also became clear that the modem should stand upright, on a stand or table. This is necessary for proper air circulation inside the enclosure.

According to my observations, the vertical position is good not only for the correct circulation of air, but for the correct position of the internal antennas relative to the BS (vertical polarization).
Thus, it is necessary to organize the proper cooling of the modem.

IMHO if you put in a sealed box, then you need a good aluminum radiator;)
On the performance and speed of the Internet, it was rather slow.

Recipe:
Even only on internal antennas, you can try to squeeze out additional speed due to a more stable signal. Try to rotate the router about its vertical axis and find the desired maximum in signal level and the desired minimum in the parasitic noise. Try to raise (lower) the router relative to the "0" mark of the window sill table top.
I ended up with:
5 sticks of 5 with a router turned to me with an angle to the plane of the window at 40-45 degrees. In addition, the router raised the podium (box height of about 10 cm). You say that all this is shamanism with a tambourine? Yes exactly. As soon as I attach the external antenna to the router, and best of all through the adapter and cut it in the housing and the second one, IMHO all shamanism will go to the plane of correct setting of the external antennas.
ZY
So far only the complete task is not: rolleyes: Under my conditions, a multi-frequency antenna (panel MIMO) should be installed, because in our area (MO, Chekhov and Chekhov district) LTE is represented by 2600 MHz and 800 MHz, and 3G UMTS is represented by 900 MHz.

--------------------
citrixserver
Message#54
26.05.14, 11:24
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 984
Nokia C7-00

Saymer @ 05/13/2014, 16:07*
Also, after analyzing these files, we managed to find out that the battery charge level is polled every 10 seconds. Based on the current voltage, the system decides how much current to charge the battery. When a certain threshold is reached, the system switches to a droplet battery charge. The maximum voltage at the output of the battery when charging 4.2 V. Working 3.75 V, that is, under load.

Also charging is focused on the temperature of the batteries. This device uses Ni-MH, which, when the maximum charge is reached, ceases to accept the charge entering them and begins to heat up. On this principle, and based tracking the end of the charge. As soon as the temperature exceeds the permissible level, charging stops.

Colleague, did I understand you correctly:
- Theoretically, you can "cut down" the battery software, setting the line that the battery is there and it is always charged to normal. Thus, the router can be put on the usual 220V power, and forget about the problems associated with the battery (cold, heat, aging and eventually flowed, etc.). For a few annoying such a "zero-cut" manner of the router: "There is a battery - there is work, there is no battery - there is no work". Especially according to my observation of the normal operation of the entire router (Internet, Wi-Fi, telephony) on ONE ACCUM does not work.

--------------------
mxboy
Message#55
26.05.14, 11:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 165

To use it as VoIP, you need to pull at least one more cable (at least 2-core) ...

Yes, and shielded, from the thrusts of static.
Provide it with POE nutrition

Not relevant, for example, I specifically launched a second FTP cable with parallel wires on the mast.
Provide the router in the germobox with a ground cable

If the mast is conductive, then it must be grounded to any degree, at least a "nail into the ground" from static.
I see no reason to land on an adult, with welds, steel tires and corners driven into the ground, because neither the antenna nor the mast will survive the direct lightning strike, much less a consumer router in a hermobox, as you do not ground all this.
Hermobox on the mast is a reason for lightning

The best reason for the lightning is the mast itself, especially wet, being even completely without antennas and boxes.
The rest of the mast body kit, including even icons and crosses, does not particularly diminish the chances of catching lightning and is unlikely to add them.
the process of oxidation of contacts USIM card and temperature effects on it

The problem you are clearly exaggerated, because for example inthis deviceThis question is not worth it. While this product is not hermetic.
Heats up from the sun, and I even got some kind of mistake. The power indicator lights up pink, and the modem stops responding to 192.168.1.1

Sadly But it is expected, because He assembled clearly on the details are not designed for temperature extremes.
However, this whole undertaking, albeit not cheap, but still experimental, in fact ...
In general, having taken up the whole of this business, I come to the conclusion that the whole undertaking with antennas, boxes, routers, masts -morethan the super budget: - /
Moreover, the final result is absolutely not guaranteed, but from the desire of the opsoz one day to spin the sector or anything else at his BS (which is known for example Yota) and drop the already weak signal below the baseboard or limit the allowable range of customers in spite of the signal levels, turning all that was so expensively acquired, installed and tuned with any actions into unnecessary trash, no insurance.
And in this case, the probability of such changes is much higher than the probability of catching lightning :)

Post has been editedmxboy - 26.05.14, 12:44
Saymer
Message#56
26.05.14, 13:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

You can twist it, but I have a reflected signal at my dacha, and there is no difference above / below. Even on the first floor, the signal, if it falls, is insignificant. For this reason, it is in part very difficult to determine the direction from which the signal is coming. He is weak everywhere, but he is everywhere. Well, I hope the pigtail comes next weekend. I also plan to take a new USB modem in return for the E392, which I sold earlier. A modem is needed to understand at what frequency the modem is working at least and see CID and LAC.

Post has been editedSaymer - 26.05.14, 13:35
citrixserver
Message#57
26.05.14, 14:24
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 984
Nokia C7-00

mxboy @ 05/26/2014, 12:51*
And in this case, the probability of such changes is much higher than the probability of catching lightning.

Well, by God you are a pessimist, but what about a healthy desire for experiments? IMHO, the Chinese should carefully read all posts from this Forum and urgently stir up the budget version of an outdoor router similar to Zikselevsky LTE6100 and LTE6101;)
ZY
And yet, how did you decide (or did not decide) the issue with the battery?

Posted 05/26/2014, 14:24:

Saymer @ 05/26/2014, 2:34 PM*
He is weak everywhere, but he is everywhere.

IMHO then you shine collinear (omnidirectional) whip antenna. I'm just such a "lure" UMTS-900 from the MTS and Pchelayna. MTS is “hammering” on me from 2 sides, and Pchelain is “shining” so that even in the basement of the dacha you can still catch 1 stick on the Nokia C07 cell phone.
ZY
By the way, for you the answer to my question is the assumption, voiced earlier, on the basis of your research on the battery.

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 26.05.14, 14:26

--------------------
mxboy
Message#58
26.05.14, 14:41
Local
[offline]

Messages 165

citrixserver @ 05/26/2014, 15:24*
budget version of an outdoor router similar to Zixel LTE6100 and LTE6101

It is high time. For Zixel is naturally atrocious in terms of prices for his share + not everyone needs a router that comes bundled with an antenna with a built-in modem.
citrixserver @ 05/26/2014, 15:24*
And yet, how did you decide (or did not decide) the issue with the battery?

I do not use it, as well as VoIP.

Post has been editedmxboy - 26.05.14, 14:44
Saymer
Message#59
26.05.14, 14:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 234
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3/32

citrixserver @ 05/26/2014, 11:24*
- Theoretically, you can "cut down" the battery software

I think it’s rather the opposite. The router is running Linux OS. And somewhere there is either a driver or something, something that works with the battery and gives the command to open and close the key to charge the battery. Also, somewhere in the firmware there are some conditions, and some criteria. As far as I know, the battery is needed on this device, so that there would be an opportunity using the FXS port (telephone) by connecting the phone to call from it via CS (dial-up channels) via the GSM network. Nor any Wi-Fi and other things from the battery will not work and should not.

About the fact that without a battery gives an error, I thought about it, but did not try to turn it on without a battery. And what, really gives an error? And how I understoodmxboybattery does not use or uses? : unsure:
citrixserver
Message#60
26.05.14, 15:47
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 984
Nokia C7-00

mxboy @ 05/26/2014, 15:41*
I do not use it, as well as VoIP.

Under the influence of the reading, I turned off my router, took out the battery and again powered everything from the mains 220V. And as you can see I am writing you a post.
ZY
I don’t know why, but at one time I overloaded information that the router doesn’t live without a battery ... They say, even when powered from 220v, give it power! Maybe I am exaggerating the colors and such garbage is observed in Huawei mobile routers (the router does not work without a battery even if there is 5v power on the USB bus!).

--------------------
mxboy
Message#61
26.05.14, 15:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 165

Saymer @ 05/26/2014, 3:50 PM*
battery does not use or uses?

NOTuses. And it works. Megafonovskaya firmware.

Post has been editedmxboy - 26.05.14, 15:53
Huawei

65 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04.30.19, 07:46