Attached Image

Specifications
DAC: Wolfson WM8740
Maximum digit capacity and sampling rate: 24 bit / 192 kHz
Display: 2.4 ″, touch, IPS, 320 × 240
Headphone Out:
Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz at В± 1 dB
THD + N: 0.004% (at 32 ohms)
Built-in amplifier with three modes of operation (output signal characteristics are shown in parentheses): Lo (1.2 W, в€’103 dB В± 3 dB), Mid (1.7 W, в€’106 dB В± 3 dB) and Hi (3.1 W, в€’108 dB В± 3 dB)
Output Impedance:<0.5 ohm
Line Out:
Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz at В± 0.2 dB
Noise level: в€’109 dB В± 3 dB
THD + N: 0.003%
Output power: 1.5 W RMS (1 kHz, 0 dB)
Coaxial RCA output (24 bit / 192 kHz)
Built-in memory: 8 GB
Support for microSDHC and microSDXC cards up to 2 TB
Micro USB connector (with OTG support)
Supported formats: APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, OGG, MP3, DSD (DSF) convert to PCM
Battery capacity: 2100 mAh (14-15 hours of continuous operation)
Size: 99 Г— 68 Г— 17 mm
Weight: 140 g

Firmware
Software for ripped-off players with various problems where it is impossible to flash the firmware
The latest firmware version, official 1.5.0

Modified firmware
Based on 1.2.8

DX90 firmware port

Based on 1.5.0

DOC`S FAVORITE DX50 FIRMWARE
Today I tested this firmware all day long and came to the conclusion that with this firmware the sound of "fifty dollars" is 100% satisfactory to me with my headphones. don't care for details, stage, balance of frequencies, natural sounding of instruments, etc. (although this is all right) - with this firmware you just want to listen to MUSIC. with any genres.

- firmware based on 2.0.5 for DX90 with stripped down Android

- firmware fully functional

- after installing the firmware, make sure to reset to factory settings
download

DX50 Sound Unlocked (old name: nu) by dmitry.it
Firmware that (I think) reveals the potential player. It is put as factory.
Your actions to get maximum listening pleasure:

1. Make a standard update.

2. Turn on the hardware "bright" sound level.
When you first boot, after the Ibasso logo, you will see a screen with a choice of formats (all / only lossless) and, depending on this, sound quality.
At this step, this screen is not important to us because we turn on the “bright” sound level using the VOLUME_UP button.
After pressing the VOLUME_UP button, the player freezes - this is normal. Feel free to hold down the shutdown button for about 10 seconds to restart the player.
All you are ready to have fun.

On subsequent downloads on the format selection screen, you can improve the sound quality by preferring to download the player with support for lossless formats only. In this mode, ffmpeg / equalizer is disabled, gapless does not work due to the dependence on ffmpeg.

Known bug:
If you change the Digital Filter value in the player settings, the sound will become “dark”, in order to return “bright” you will have to repeat step 2 (see above)
download

Sound Unlocked 1.2.0
NEW SOUND UNLOCKER v1.3.0 by dmitry.it

Corrected firmware 1.2.8 from Metazoa (Corrected Russian tags, both in MP3, and in CUE)
rockbox_2013-03-25
rockbox_2013-03-25+ all fonts and several themes
rockbox for DX90 port+ all fonts and rayboradio theme
rockbox 2013 07 30
rockbox 2013 08 27 (extreme build)

Instructions for firmware factory firmware from Mango player and factory recovery and installationCWM 6.0 Modified Recovery
From recovery mode (Recovery mode):
- Turn off the player.
- Pressing the "Power" and "Vol +" buttons (5 seconds) we go into the recovery mode.
There are several points:
reboot system now
apply update from SDcard
wipe data / factory reset

Move - with volume buttons, select - with the power button.
- Make wipe data / factory reset
- Making the firmware update apply update from SDcard (Firmware must be on a flash card with the FAT file system, FAT32)
- Boot into Recovery mode again
- Make wipe data / factory reset
- Reboot the device

From the player menu:
1. unzip the zip archive and copy the update.img file to the internal memory of the DX50;
2. safely disconnect the DX50 from the computer;
3. Select Settings --->Advanced--->System update (the system update option will appear only after copying update.img to the internal memory of the DX50);
4. select OK to start the firmware process;
5. The DX50 will reboot and the firmware process will be completed.
6. Select Settings --->Advanced--->Reset settings to reset to DX50 factory settings. This will prevent possible conflicts with previous firmware files.
7. Remove update.img.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION OF A MODIFIED CWM RECOVER AND SYSTEM SUPPLEMENTS FROM DOC2008

Installing RockBox and everything connected with it.
Install Rockbox:
To install RB you need 3 files: factory firmware or custom firmware from DOC2008with modified CWM recoveryzip file with RB,stock_recovery.zip to restore factory recovery otherwise you will not be able to install factory firmware over firmware with CWM

1. Flash update.img (from archive) update.zip with CWM recovery as usual firmware. We do not reset any settings!
2. Boot as usual.
3. Copy the zip from the Rockbox to the built-in memory, it is recommended to immediately copy the stock_recovery.zip that, even if you want to return to the factory firmware.
4. Turn off the player, turn on the player with the Volume + button pressed, the modified CWM recovery is loaded.
5. - install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard specify the zip file cwm_rockbox_2013-03-25.zip
6. - reboot system now, the player is restarted 1 time and the system is ready!
Return to factory firmware:
1. Turn on the player with the Volume + button pressed, the modified CWM recovery is being loaded.
2. - install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard specify the file stock_recovery.zip which was previously copied into memory.
3 We do a reboot, the player is ready to install the factory firmware, the rockbox and the mango player are even fully working in this version! We install the factory firmware as written in the manual for the factory firmware!
If you want to install RB again, it is recommended that you delete the rockbox folder from the internal memory so that there is no conflict with the configuration file.
rockbox_2013-03-25
Firmware with mod. CWM recovery and factory recovery file.

Tweaks and settings:
1. After installing the rockbox, it is recommended to disable the compressor in the sound settings (it is on by default), Settings->sound settings->compressor->mask gain-off because This feature kills the stage and sound space.
compressor
A compressor (from English “compress” - compress, squeeze) is an electronic device or computer program used to reduce the dynamic range of an audio signal, in other words, the compressor allows you to make a narrower difference between the quietest and loudest sound.

2. For ease of reading and paging lists, it is recommended to set the font size to 18 and the line height to be 16 pixel (Settings->main settings->screen->touch screen settings>indent in lists
3. Do not forget that in addition to the touch screen, we have the ability to control the buttons, the "Forward" and "Back" buttons work in the lists as up and down, the "Play" button works as Enter, the "On / Off" button back. In the equalizer, you can also adjust only with the buttons, "forward" and "back" change the equalizer band, the "play" button switches the parameters that we want to change (frequency cutoff, cutoff level and quality factor), in the parameter of the figure we change the volume buttons, exit the equalizer with the button "on off" .
4. Who meets the parametric equalizer for the first time:
The frequency cut is understandable to many, in fact, this is what we are going to raise or lower to correct the frequency response, measured in hertz.
The cutoff level is the value by which we want to raise or lower that cutoff frequency, measured in dCb.
The quality factor is the so-called hump or pit shape, the quality factor is measured by the parameter Q, the smaller the Q the humper or the failure is more circular, respectively, the higher the hump or failure is sharper, respectively. According to the recommendations of Q do not need to do less than 0.8!
5. Player's memory (sdcard) and memory card (extrnal sd) is located in the \ mnt files section, for convenience, we press a finger on the mnt folder and you have a context menu, in the menu choose "start the show here".
6. As I wrote in the 5th section in the rockbox there is a context menu in which you can delete, copy, rename files and folders.
7. With the Forward and Back buttons you can change the music playback folder, you need to go to the WPS (perception screen) and double-click the Forward button (first short press, second long one) to change to the next folder in your music library.

Post has been editedfarshelo - 28.08.14, 12:55

Rep: (0)
Please help someone!
I did something, installed 20140315rockbox.zip through the standard recovery, it certainly works, but it doesn’t work, I can’t get back to the standard firmware, the standard recovery stopped seeing any firmware files at all !!! Only reset works. Install cwm didn’t work either! ..

Can you tell me how to return to the standard firmware?

Rep: (1)
wattss - It’s strange why you didn’t install from 2013-03-25, do you have a choice on the screen when loading, a stock apple on the left, with a rockbox on the right? Files are all visible on both the internal and external memory cards! The path to the internal Files - Sdcard - Playlist and your files. The path to the external Files - mnt - External_sd and your files.
Well, you also need to disable compression and enable cue support. Everything is read and reproduced sequentially, as expected, has not yet been found.

Rep: (57)
As the saying goes, "the technique of security is written in blood", now there are only 3 pages in the thread, all actions are painted step by step, why rush somewhere, read 7 times 1 time!
wattss refer to DOC2008 in PM can he help you.

In general, the problem was solved using a different flash card! The card was working with the NTFS file system - the player refused to see the update.img file on it !! When I took another one on FAT32 - the firmware went right away ..

Rep: (145)
The card was working with the NTFS file system - the player refused to see the update.img file on it !!

Recovery (including custom), as a rule, never see anything other than FAT16 / FAT32. Personally, for flashing I always keep an old microSD 2 Giga with FAT32 on hand. Flipping a card is easier than reformatting.

Delivered today from player.ru, MOD FOR CWM RECOVERY DX50 EXCLUSIVE V2 BY DOC2008
I listened, everything remained as it was in principle, well, the treble cut through, the bass became a little articulated, it became larger, but it is wadded and smeared compared to Rockbox.
What kills in firmware based on stock is a monstrous scene, spread across the horizon, there is no real depth, the sound is far from natural, in a hospital it sounds completely different.
So, Rockbox gives that natural stereo picture, which is also present at the hospital, namely, the sound supply is very natural, the scene deepens,
the instruments sound natural, the bass is rounded and fast, everything sounds as it should!
I take my hat off to the creator of Rockbox, with it the DX50 moved to a new better sound level!

Who will tell? Installed DX50 OPTIMA V1 CUSTOM FONT. (downloaded, thrown into the internal memory, updated). I listened to a couple of days, I wanted to return to the official 1.2.8. I downloaded it, threw it, I update it and the hell there, the update failed: reboot and try again. And so several times. How to fix? Updating from the player menu

Post has been editeddfwfrgfr - 18.04.14, 20:29

It turned out, but only with 4 times. This is normal?

dfwfrgfr Well it turned out well, but in general it’s not very normal. Not such jokes can happen with custom firmwares ... we as users and test them for stability and vitality ...

Atal Atalov, i.e. It was most likely due to custom? And then I was scared that now I will not update)

Well, because of what else it may be, it happens that some even have firmware, while others do not. )))

Rep: (2)
Hello. I am not an audiophile, so I apologize in advance for the possibly clumsy statement of the question ... There is a small animal in conjunction with shure se215. When listening to instrumental music, trip-hop, light electronic styles, there are no complaints about the sound at all - high, medium, a good "right" bottom - everything is in place. But ... As soon as I launch something heavier, with a large number of tools, say metal cow or DnB - everything crumbles completely ... Niza is not enough, but tall ones just fall asleep and cut their ears.
Gentlemen, connoisseurs, attention is a question ... Is it possible to somehow achieve a more detailed and balanced sound of more "heavy" and dynamic compositions on an existing bundle (by flashing, or even some dances with a tambourine), or do I need to change the player / headphones?

clavicula - And what firmware do you currently have?

Atal Atalov,
Native 1.2.8

Now it is clear. Put Rockbox, here in the topic there is everything how to install it and its latest firmware itself. I think you will be satisfied, the drive is present there and not only ...

Atal Atalov, Why extreme rockbox on the link https://mega.co.nz/#!s...fWbPfIFoGEZzTM0e0nxfdE weighs 6 meters?

Post has been editedclavicula - 20.04.14, 20:34

You need to watch this instruction.https://bitbucket.org/...chev/rockbox/wiki/Home
From there, go over and download the firmware from cwm recovery from yandex disk, it is installed as the factory one, well then install it, go to the cwm menu
and put the Rockbox firmware you specified by the post above, in no case do wipes, get a brick.
When loading, the selection menu will appear on the screen, the stock on the left, the Rockbox on the right, there is nothing complicated,
If you figure it out, you will need to turn off compression and enable support for cue formats.
In principle, all that is needed is in the subject, success !!!

Rep: (57)

clavicula, The last rockbox is put through a modified recovery, how to do it is written in this post iBasso DX50 (Post # 30213795)
Atal Atalov,
Why go somewhere when everything is in this thread.
Threat I will apply for curators threads oncedimxbox do not give .

Rep: (36)
farshelo
They don’t give it, my rating is small, maybe someone else will become a curator instead of me?

PS: I thought that onsavagemessiahzine.comit will be possible to edit the topic, but alas.

knowing please tell me whether it is possible to install the dock firmware in the place of the ibasso firmware together with the rockbox on the KVM recovery mode? And How?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 2:02 p.m.