Huawei E3531 (MTS 423S, Megaphone M21-4) - Discussion

Rep: (1803)
DiscussionHuawei E3531 (MTS 423S, Megaphone M21-4)

Photo modem:

Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications:
  • Main technical characteristics:
    • GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    • HSPA + / HSPA / UMTS 900/2100 MHz
    • Data reception speed up to 21.6 Mbit / s
    • Data transfer rate up to 5.76 Mbps.
    • MTS 423S modem has firmware version 21.318.15.00.143
    • Megaphone M21-4 modem has firmware version 21.318.21.00.209
    • Huawei E3531s-1EA modem (Megafon Tajikistan) has firmware version 21.318.75.00.805
  • Varieties of Huawei E3531:
    • Huawei E3531s-1 - this version is the MTS 423S
    • E3531s-1: 2100MHz
    • E3531s-2: 2100 / 900MHz
    • E3531s-6: 2100/1900 / 850MHz
    • GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
  • Operating Systems:
    • Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8,
    • Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X10.7, Mac OS X10.8
  • Additionally
    • Additional features: MicroSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
  • Interface:
    • Interface: USB 2.0
  • Form factor:
    • USB
  • physical characteristics
    • Dimensions: 84x27x10,5mm
    • Weight: 30g.
Necessary information for help.
  • Which oneOperating system .
  • Screenshot, or text in the log code fromDC-Unlocker .
  • ScreenshotDevice Manager with deployed:
    1. DVD and CD drives
    2. Disk devices
    3. USB controllers
    4. Modems
    5. Ports (COM and LPT)
    6. Network adapters
Types and features of modem firmware:
COPY(with a small edition). ORIGINAL.
For this modem, there are 2 fundamentally different types of firmware - STICK and HILINK. Firmware interchangeable, that is, in any modem you can flash any firmware.
STICK
With this firmware, the device behaves like a classic USB modem: there is an AT command port through which you can establish a connection using the PPP protocol (RAS). This is exactly how almost all 3G modems of previous generations work. Moreover, the speed is limited - no more than 20-30 Mbit per reception. In addition to PPP mode, there is an NDIS mode. In this case, the modem emulates a network interface through which data is transmitted, and only control commands go through the AT-port. In this mode, the speed is not limited. The main feature of the stick-mode is to establish a connection and support the operation of the channel using the OS of the computer to which the modem is connected. In this case, the computer receives the IP address directly from the cellular provider through a DHCP request, and the modem acts as a network bridge, transferring packets from the computer to the cellular network and vice versa, without changing them.

The initial USB stick stick composition is a virtual CD-ROM and microSD card reader. In order for modem ports to appear, you need to switch the composition. Under windows, this is done by carrier software available on a virtual CD, or by the huawei proprietary program Mobile Partner. Under linux, switching is done by the usb-modeswitch program. It is possible to prohibit the transformation of songs. This is done with the following command:
AT ^ SETPORT = "FF; 1,2,3,16"
In this case, the modem immediately after switching on will look like a modem, 2 AT ports and a NDIS network card. CD and microSD will be excluded from the configuration. This mode is extremely convenient for using the modem in various home routers. To switch back the composition with switching, use the command:
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,2,3,16, A1, A2"

Version numbers of stick-firmware always start at 21 — for example, 21.318.05.00.00.
Included with the Stick-firmware, the so-called Dashboard is flashed into the modem - an image of a virtual CD that appears in the system after the modem is connected. On this CD are the modem drivers for different operating systems, as well as a control program with which they establish a connection to the Internet, read SMS, make USSD requests, etc. There is a universal version of this program from the manufacturer of the Huawei modem (Huawei Modem), as well as specialized versions from specific telecom operators.

HILINK
With HILINK firmware, the modem operates in router mode and is presented to the computer as a network interface (usb-ethernet-rndis). The computer receives network settings from this interface via DHCP, and then goes through it to the Internet, as through a normal wired local area network. The modem takes care of establishing the connection and maintaining the channel, the computer does not even notice that the Internet is accessed through the cellular network. In this mode, the modem has its own local IP address (usually 192.168.8.1), visible from the computer side as the default gateway (default route), as well as an external IP address received from the cellular network. Between the network of the cellular provider and the local area network (modem-computer), routing is performed using the address translation mechanism (NAT). Port forwarding from an external network (port forwarding and DMZ) is provided.
The modem is configured in this mode through the WEB interface available in the modem and accessible through its local IP address. Also, information on the modem status and signal of the cellular network, connection management, reception and transmission of SMS messages and USSD commands, SIM menus and much more is available through the WEB interface. This is especially valuable for Linux users, as well as for those whose modem is not connected to a computer, but to a home router. The modem is configured via AT-commands, as in stick firmware, in the normal mode of hilink firmware is not performed, although it is possible in a special debug mode DebugMode.

The initial USB composition of the HILINK modem is exactly the same as stick - a virtual CD-ROM and microSD card reader. Switching compositions under windows is done by a small program mbbservice, launched from the built-in CD. Under linux, the usb-modeswitch program does this. Regularly, the modem developers do not provide a mode without switching songs. Nevertheless, by some modification of the firmware it is possible to make such a mode. In this case, the built-in SD card reader is lost, but it becomes possible to use the modem with any router that supports usb-rndis network cards.

Version numbers of hilink firmware always start at 22 — for example, 22.318.05.00.00.
HILINK firmware consists of two parts - the firmware itself, and the WebUI (web interface). The first firmware is the main firmware, then the WebUI.

Unlock modem. Recovery attempts to enter.
COPY(with a small edition). ORIGINAL.
UNLOCKING MODEM:
As usual, modems from cellular operators are delivered blocked - they can work only with SIM cards of this operator. The list of plmn-codes allowed for use can be viewed with the commandat ^ simlock? .
Of course, this situation does not suit us - we want, having bought a modem, to use it with any sim card. For this, the manufacturer laid the opportunity to unlock the modem. This is done by entering the unlock code (nlock code ), calculated by a special tricky algorithm from the IMEI modem.
Calculator to calculate codes can be downloaded here (there are versions for windows and linux).
To unlock, follow these steps :
- Calculate the unlock code using the above calculator. Of all the codes he uses, code v201 .
- Insert someone else's sim card into the modem (sim card of another cellular provider, not the one who sold you the modem).
- Connect the modem to the computer.
Further, the control program (for stick-modems) or the web interface (for hilink-modems) will ask for the unlock code, which must be entered. All - the modem is unlocked and will work with any sim card.
In addition to entering the code through the program and the web interface, you can also enter it via the AT command. This is especially true for stick-modems under linux.
The team looks like this:
at ^ cardlock = "unlock code" - used code v201

RECOVERY ATTEMPTS:
The number of attempts to enter the code is limited10 attempts . If the wrong code was entered 10 times, the modem blocks further attempts - more, the at ^ cardlock command will not unblock it, even if you enter it with the correct code. If you still managed to exhaust all input attempts, that's okay - they are easy to recover.
This is done by such teams.:
at ^ datalock = "unlock code" - used code v201
at ^ maxlcktms = 10
10 is the new number of attempts (you can enter any number from 1 before 255 ). You can then enter the command at ^ cardlock with the correct code and unlock the modem.

Total:
consistently enter AT commands from top to bottom:
at ^ datalock = "NCK code" - used code v201
at ^ maxlcktms = 10 - you can enter any number from 1 before 255
#
at ^ cardlock = "NCK code" - used code v201

Useful tips:
Dashboards, firmware, WEBUI

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 21.07.19, 18:49
Reason for editing: Who has problems with access to the Internet

Rep: (555)
Briefly, tell me, pliz, how I switched the huawei e3531 modem to "only modem" mode.

Huawei E3531 (MTS 423S, Megaphone M21-4) - Discussion (Post # 30397912)

Rep: (0)
Hello. I work in conjunction with this keychain and tp-link mr 3020. It connects, works, but when idle, not using the net, the keychain goes into standby mode or something, the diode is red and there is almost no speed. I did not find a definite answer in net. Who will offer?

The problem was solved relatively simply. In the settings of the router there was an item about disabling 3g. There was an option about working with an automaton that did not work, as it turns out. I set a time out and wrote down a zero in the value, that is, never. This option turned out to live, there is no disconnection.

Rep: (18)
Since yesterday I’m a happy modem ownerMTS 423S .
DC-Unlocker writes that the modem is not blocked, but regarding voice calls it writes:
"Voice functions: Unknown (reading error) (reading error)."

Through the terminal, the modem answers:
onAT ^ CVOICE? пїЅ ^ CVOICE: 0, 8000, 16, 20 пїЅ;
onAT ^ DDSETEX =? пїЅ ^ DDSETEX: (2) пїЅ;
onAT ^ SYSINFO пїЅ ^ SYSINFO: 1,0,1,3,0, 3 пїЅ.

Value Description by ^ SYSINFO:
<srv_status>: System service status. Values ​​are as follows:
0: No service
1: Restricted service
2: Valid service
3: Restricted domain services
4: Power-saving mode and hibernate mode

<srv_domain>: System domain. Values ​​are as follows:
1: Only Circuit Switched domain (CS) service
2: Only Packet Switched (PS) domain service
3: Both PS service and CS service
4: Neither CS service nor PS service is registered and MS is in the
searching mode
255: CDMA not supported

<roam_status>: Roaming status. Values ​​are as follows:
0: Non-roaming status
1: Roaming status

<sys_mode>: System mode. Values ​​are as follows:
2: CDMA mode
4: HDR mode
8: CDMA / HDR HYBRID mode

<sim_state>: UIM card status. Values ​​are as follows:
1: Valid UIM card
240: ROMSIM version
255: UIM card not exist

I can’t call through it. I am confused by Restricted service. How can I enable it? Most likely, the dog rummaged there.

Rep: (2)
Does he have access to an external antenna?

Rep: (12)
Does he have access to an external antenna?

not

Rep: (12)
Hello, I need official firmware for the huawei 3531 modem (mts 423s) who knows how to get it from the official site ?? should be

Rep: (35)
Wildly sorry that I am writing in the wrong topic. Where can I get WebUI for the Huawei E5330 router?

Nasskar @ 08/12/2014, 03:07*
WebUI for Huawei E5330 Router

* hentrs
EXCEPT MTSovsky, I know that it is sold not only in Russia and with another WebUI

* hentrs
found

Hello everyone, I need help. The following trouble happened with this device from MTS, until recently I caught 3zh perfectly and you could watch movies freely, speed allowed, but suddenly, all these charms stopped! He stopped catching 3zh, even if he catches, then the signal is 0% and, accordingly, there is no speed, Google has been loading for a long time, what can it be and how to fix it?

People, help. How to switch the modem to diagnostic mode so that AT commands can be entered.

I tried to switch through the browser (as in the 3131 model) but did not work. Does not work.

Does anyone have any options?

Dark_Sarmat @ 08.29.2014, 12:59*
so that you can enter AT commands

read about DC-Unlocker. there you can enter commands. There are no analogies for this modem with e3131.

Rep: (14)
The modem has some kind of glitch - when downloading files via torrent, etc., the modem spontaneously disconnects the Internet, only pulling out helps, otherwise everything is fine. The problem is described in more detail here -http: //www.forum.sib.m...opic.php? f = 321 & t = 37342Oh yes, disconnection occurs when downloading 0.1-1.3 gigabytes of file. Who knows what the problem is?

Post has been editedwadimka93 - 03.09.14, 07:50

Wadimka93 @ 09/03/2014, 04:04*
only pulling out helps, otherwise everything is fine.

This is a known problem for everyone, even from the king of peas.
for any models.
the channel is just clogged.
only juggling or restarting the computer helps.
It helps, often, no matter how wild it sounds, a banal restriction of download speed, and most importantly - good cooling of the device, often.
Well, this is a "fingers" explanation.

Rep: (14)
No, I limited torrents and cooling the palm off the stand from the laptop, it's not that, I changed the modem to another same model in the MTS cabin, let's see what happens ...

Rep: (8)
HereNow you can unlock this modem for free. You must be logged in with your Google+ account.

Rep: (3)
I unlocked the MTS 423S, just using Google+ andthisprograms. Everything is easy.
To switch to "only modem" mode, enter the command AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2" in the Hyper terminal

Post has been editedmaxpyp - 09.09.14, 11:34

Rep: (2)
I apologize in advance, perhaps for a stupid question. I recently purchased this modem, does it make sense to safely remove the device before turning off the computer on the seven? who does what?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/21/19, 10:48