Rep: (90)
Asus MEMO Pad 8 - Create custom firmware
PictureK00L (ME180A)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Create custom firmware

Modified firmware for ClockWorkMod Recovery
KROM V0.1.
What is done:
1. Root integrated.
2. Russian language and Moscow time by default.
3. Launcher from Kitkat.
4. Most of the software from ASUS`a is removed.

KROM V0.2.
What is done:
1. Corrected the gallery
2. Made the battery icon with interest

KROM V0.3.
What is done:
1. Removed another part of the stock software
2. Added a few tweaks for smoothness of the system and saving the battery (but it seems to me they do not play the role)
3. Updated Play Market

Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Drivers and Utilities

Tools for disassembling, assembling and editing firmware

Building from source

If you want to thank the user for the assistance rendered, do not write messages like "Thank you! You are super!!!" etc. Just press the [+] button next to its reputation. If you do not have 15 useful posts, ask the moderator to raise a reputation for you to help you through the [Complaint] button.

Post has been editedkalininlelik - 23.03.14, 11:33
Reason for editing: added screenshots

Rep: (28)
The people are really MIUI to port if anyone can help than I can: thank_you:

Rep: (9)
TIMON RMK 26 RUS,
MIUI? What for? Kikut is so unrealistic almost. I'm trying to gather in chiogen now. Although ... what can you help? Only in LAN I ask.
P.S
People, what?!
You can sew a zip on any recovery. So that the custom recovery sees an external memory - update it. And I long dropped off the site with firmware.
What about the firmware process itself. Format flash drive is not needed! We throw off the firmware on the memory card, load into the recovery, choose to set the zip from the memory card in the OF, set the zip from an external memory card in the custom.You, as if never worked with the recovery, Zipa's update did not write and hear at all about him for the first time.

Post has been editedLEQORD. - 28.02.14, 12:14

Rep: (358)
Illigarium And you try to flash from. Zip firmware from CWM recovery. Surprise very much.

al_rus,
And that will be? : spiteful:
But if it won't work - remake on custom. Business things. The case is most likely to the banknicker's update and in the fact that there is not as needed by custom images are written.

P.S Custom, made from 4.4 and 4.2 I can exist. : yes2: Missed to frighten everything.

Post has been editedLEQORD. - 28.02.14, 12:24

I made a caste on the basis of the Stoke, just added the root and launcher from Kikat, Update-Script took from the stock firmware, only corrected a couple of lines for the root and removed the firmware of the Laadera, but ROM refuses to boot. Now I think to return the firmware of the Loader, it can ride.

kalininlelik
Are you only a launcher and root shoved? Loadeer firmware will not fix anything. The launcher is probably. And you have added a launcher or Framework-Res?

Post has been editedLEQORD. - 28.02.14, 23:13

Illigarium @ 1.3.2014, 0:12*
kalininlelik
Are you only a launcher and root shoved? Loadeer firmware will not fix anything. The launcher is probably. And you have added a launcher or Framework-Res?

Launcher and Ruth, Freymwork did not touch, but the launcher is not more than that it does not reach it, even before the butanimation does not reach, so I'm inclined just to the Laeader.

Yes, there are generally misunderstood. I disassembled stock, reversed the kitchen and tried to fill. Bootlup. Polished only the System section.

Al_rus @ 03/01/2014, 00:38*
Yes, there are generally misunderstood. I disassembled stock, reversed the kitchen and tried to fill. Bootlup. Polished only the System section.

a similar ambush, but I still stitched Boot and Loader, I even do not reach butanimation, only the startup picture appears

kalininlelik You need to read the topic of Memopad 10 and see if they have customs. The tablets themselves are the same, the difference is only in the size of the screen.

kalininlelik
Castomy sewn? Not native? If yes - logical.
al_rus,
Added what? And throw me an update script you please. I want to check something. : yes2:
Yes,kalininlelik Can your update script too?

Post has been editedLEQORD. - 01.03.14, 10:19

Illigarium Yes, I deleted my creation already.

al_rus,
Sorry so you changed what? And if I even kone will show the update script, perhaps I will find the reason.

Illigarium I made an update in the form of zip. As a basis, I took System.img from the dump for recovery. Collected the kitchen, just then ruled his hands. Commands of mount and format checked with a script from the program. In the update itself, I was only fired by the System section.

al_rus,
1.With! There is write_extract_image (package_extract_file ("blabla"), "blabla"); but you must
package_extract_file ("blabla", "/ dev / block / platform / emmc / by-name / blabla");
And remove all assert (getprop (") ==" XX ");.
And how do you change the IMG systems? .. what?

Post has been editedLEQORD. - 01.03.14, 13:23

Al_rus @ 03/01/2014, 11:17*
You need to read the topic of Memopad 10 and see if they have customs. The tablets themselves are the same, the difference is only in the size of the screen.

there's even worse than we, we at least attempts to create a custom make, and there is completely deaf
Illigarium @ 03/01/2014, 11:18*
Castomy sewn? Not native? If yes - logical.

yes relatives of course, caustic can take
Illigarium @ 03/01/2014, 14:21*
Here! There is write_extract_image (package_extract_file ("blabla"), "blabla"); but you must
package_extract_file ("blabla", "/ dev / block / platform / emmc / by-name / blabla");
And remove all assert (getprop (") ==" XX ");.

yes vkurse, everything is done
Update-script attached, only he was renamed in TXT, because otherwise it does not charge here

Posted on 03/01/2014, 14:47:

Al_rus @ 03/01/2014, 12:37*
Collected the kitchen, just then ruled my hands

Does the kitchen dsixda's Android Kitchen? I suspect that it does not properly somehow work with RK3188, so rum and not load

Attached files

Attached fileupdater-script.txt(4.96 KB)

kalininlelik
The kitchen could collect the bee in Ext4 or Yaffs image. I just did not unpack the kitchen anything.

Affected by the fact that the device began to go normally, I decided to experiment: I poured System.img from Pipo M8Pro with Kitkat ... The screen showed the black square Malevich, but the computer joyfully reported that the new M8PRO device was found, apparently the system loaded, only The screen did not show anything ... In general, I think we have every chance to get a chocolate in the foreseeable future))

Timon RMK 26 RUS @ 02/28/2014, 10:11*
The people are really miui to port if anyone can help than I can

For us, this is real only if someone has already ported MIUI on a similar device, only in this case can be trying to make it work.
It was not possible to collect from the source code.

Post has been editedkalininlelik - 02.03.14, 10:50

kalininlelik
This means that GUi does not load. Then I will try to look into the firmware of the piping and compare with ours. I am now pumping the source code of chiogen.

kalininlelik
I do not remember, we have a file system in my opinion not ext4. And maybe ext4. Better take the kernel and the rest of the pipples.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.01.21, 04:15