Tronsmart Vega S89, ES8, EM8 - Discussion | TV Box on a chip AMLogic S802
Are you going to soon take something newer?
Are you going to soon take something newer?
Yes, already I looked after. [ 88 ] ** [20,18%]
Yes, already I ordered, waiting for the parcel. [ 36 ] ** [8,26%]
I've had enough kitayschiny. [ 74 ] ** [16,97%]
No completely satisfied. [ 238 ] ** [54,59%]
Total votes: 436

Rep: (48)
PictureTalk-Tronsmart Vega S89

Firmware | Purchase | TV BOX on the chip RK3288 | M8 Amlogic S802

Tronsmart Vega S89, Beelink M8, Measy b4a
A photo
Attached Image
Specifications
SoC - AMLogic S802 quad processors ARM Cortex A9r4 2.0 GHz ARM Mali-450MP6 GPU
System Memory - 2G DDR3
Storage - 16 GB NAND Flash + Micro SD slot for memory cards up to 64 GB
Video output - HDMI 1.4b to 4K2K (2160p = 3840 Г— 2160), AV
Communication - Ethernet 10 / 100M, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 A / B / G / N, Bluetooth 4.0
USB - 2x USB Host 2.0 ports + micro USB OTG
Audio Output - HDMI, AV, Optical S / PDIF
Miscellaneous - IR sensor, power indicator, a power button, and a recovery / update switch (via hole)
Additional Information
Official sitehttp://www.tronsmart.com/Item/72

Video review
https: //www.youtube.co...embedded&v=gugDNfFSf4c
management program with RemoteIME smartphoneTronsmart Vega S89, ES8, EM8 - Discussion (Post # 31073649)
Blog Eric//savagemessiahzine.com/pages/g...%3A%2F%2Fu.to%2F6PFJBw

FAQ freaktab.com with the translation
Known Issues
Ethernet
Work for the majority. Check your buffer for "eth0 no attached PHY", you may have to exchange the device as it is a hardware problem AFAIK. Follow this guide to get your buffer.
Google Play Store paid apps
Currently, the firmware shipped geekbuying (04/08/14) does not allow paid apps to be installed. This was reported and the new firmware will be released in the near future.
You can restore paid apps using Titanium Backup on the device, it seems that they work just fine that way. (Thanks roolmapool)
XBMC version root access
Okay, I'm sorry for the red title, but if you want to use XBMC without many, many questions, then you'll need to root your device due to some problems with permissions. Read the FAQ below for the Elimination of the device's instructions.
I recommend hiding the notification from SuperSU of XBMC, so it does not toast to you every time you start XBMC.
You can not select the default audio output device (headphones with remote controls)
Due to the way that the rum was set no sound device manager to allow you to choose the default audio output source. Because of this, if you have an RF remote that has a speaker or a headphone jack you can think of, you're stuck listening to everything through the remote control. There is a fix.
According saor11 you can solve this problem by setting SoundAbout application from the play store and you can choose your correct conclusion is.

General FAQ
Where can I get? What are the clones?
My opinion ? Save yourself the hassle and potential just buy it from Geekbuying.
I do not want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure out if my equipment a knock-off, badly made clone or have someone else's back problem.
I made eBay's Russian roulette and Aliexpress tango before and every time when I had just graduated from those who want to snap it in half. By the way, I have a cemetery. I did a risk that almost always end up in disappointment. I ordered another MK808 Geekbuying devices from their Amazon account than I can count and on the rare occasion, I had a problem they care about it; slowly, but in the end it was fair. I'm sure that some of the works of a knock-off, but I do not trust them.
Does this device supports 5.1 DD / DTS audio through?
Yes and no. This device has the S802 SoC, so the physical hardware does not support the passing sound. It would need to have for this S802 -H.
However, XBMC makes software for decoding and passes the sound works fine for Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.
This device whether 4K video?
Another yes and no. This device supports output in QFHD, and although it is mainly four times 1080p resolution is not as 4K. Manufacturers jumped at the opportunity to label their equipment 4K, even though it is technically 2K. This is where comes 4K2K. Another term you can see that the UltraHD, the estohvatyvaet most anything higher than 1080p.
Currently QFHD content does not work in XBMC. You will need to use the included 4KPlayer application.
Is there a remote app for my phone?
Yes ! You can download the official control of AMLogic here.
This device also has support for Google Anymote so you can also just download Remote Google TV application and use it. Not all keys work with Anymote ... for now.
NEW You can follow these instructions to make your job Vega IR receiver for each remote control. This is a very, very comfortable, I would like to have my air mouse separately from my remote control media center.
ROMS that are available and how do I get root access?
Please install Finless 1,2 ROM root your device. Instructions are included in each download. Please note, you can use a USB flash drive instead of the SD-card or using ADB Sideload (tested, proven works.)
The standard model of finless 1.2
Elite Model Finless 1.2
Do not blink M8 ROMS, as you can probably HARD BRICK YOUR VEGA
What are the real resolution that the device can support?
HDMI: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p50, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i60, 1080p60, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p30, 2160pSMPTE (1080p24 not in stock ROM, but is supported in the kernel)
VGA CVBS: 480i, 576i
Should I buy it or should I wait?
I do not regret getting mine at all, that's exactly what I thought it would be for the first starting at S809 SoC devices. Does it have some drawbacks? Of course, but I really do not see that any of them are those that deal breakers. Almost everything can be fixed in the firmware. I still probably my tears but as soon as my warranty period is up (okay, so maybe before), and the document, how to add an external WiFi antenna - but not really, because he needs it. The remote that comes with it could use some work, but I really dig customizable infrared port on the front panel, as well as for their shoddy Rockchip module IC core of all devices and all brands.
You probably already knew that you were going to do before you read it anyway, but if you put up with bumpy road we had with RK3066 rk3188 and you will enjoy it.

XBMC Support FAQ
Which version should I use XBMC?
Currently, the recommended version is easy to use the latest Gotham night.
XBMC 12.0 Frodo will not work, it does not support hardware video decoding.
How to configure the hardware video decoding?
Well, if you skachaliposlednee night then your hardware decoding preference should already be set. XBMC will use AMLogic decoder to give you a perfect 1080p playback.
Remember, dropped frames are intentional, no dropped frames. If you see dropped frames is normal and does not cause any problems with the video.
How can I get a 5.1 Surround Sound audio?
Go to Settings XBMC.
Go to the system.
Change settings level to expert.
Go to the Audio output.
Set the number of channels to 5.1
Set the audio device Keep alive as you like. (This will keep your AVR from power on and off when there is no sound playing in XBMC.
Make sure the Enable check box through.
Include Dolby Digital (AC3), capable receiver
Enable DTS, capable receiver.
Exit the settings and enjoy 5.1 surround sound!
Help ! My sound is out of sync! How to fix it ?
If you are experiencing this problem, please make sure that you are rooted and gave XBMC root access. To check this, open the app and make sure SuperSU that XBMC is listed and has a Green Room # / pound sign.
If you are rooted, and it continues to occur allowing you to try a few different settings to see which helps.
Go to the XBMC settings, videos, and then play.
Enable sync reproduction for display.
Set A / V synchronization method for a video clock (Drop / Dupe audio)
You can also try the A / V synchronization method video Clock (Resample audio), if the first option does not work.
I can not change the aspect ratio of my videos!
That would be because you do not root your device! Back to the General FAQ and root your device before using XBMC.
All of my add-ons are now compatible say! What gives?
Oh, you must be using XBMC 12.x Frodo. XBMC developers changed requirements additions and crashed XBMC python comprise from 2.0 to 2.1.
You will find some add-ons are marked incompatible, and they may very well be. However, if you are desperate enough, you can change the python to include in each add - an XML file to 2.1. There is no guarantee that this will work, since these additions are highlighted due to incompatible.
You can also install XBMC 12.x Frodo, set up all of your add-ons as you want them, and then go to the XBMC Gotham, it will leave ons are installed and they can work.
originalhttp: //www.freaktab.co...te-FAQ-READ-THIS-FIRST

Reviews
Modifications

BEELINK M7B
A photo
Attached Image
Specifications
Model: M7B
Processor: Amlogic S802-B Quad-Core 2,0 GHz (Cortex-A9)
GPU: Octa-Core Mali-450 GPU
RAM: 1G DDR3
Memory: 8GB
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 B / G / N
Lan: RJ45 10/100
HD video output: 4K * 2K / H.265 / H.264 / 1080P
Support music format: MP3 / WMA / AAC / WAV / OGG / AC-3 / APE / FLAC
Support photo format: JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG / TIF
Network Function: Skype chatting, Picasa, YouTube, Flicker, Facebook, Online movies, etc.
Ports: 2 * USB 2.0, 1 * Micro SD / TF slot 1 * USB OTG, 1 * HDMI 1.4, 1 * AV port, 1 * RJ45, 1 * the SPDIF output port 1 * DC 1 * Power button
Compatible with: mouse and keyboard support via USB and 2.4G wireless mouse and keyboard
Power supplies for TV Box: US Plug; Input: 100-240V Output: DC 5V / 2A
The power supply for the remote control: 2 * AAA batteries (not included)
Item size: approx. 11.5 * 11.5 * 2.5cm / 4.5 * 4.5 * 1 inch
Item weight: approx. 192g / 6.8oz
Package size: approx. 12.5 * 24 * 6 cm / 9,5 * 4,9 * 2.4in
Package weight: approx. 615g / 1.36lb Package List: 1 * Smart TV Player 1 * Power Adapter 1 * the HDMI cable 1 * AV-Cable 1 * OTG Cable 1 * Remote control 1 * User manual (in English)

Beelink MXIII
A photo
Attached Image
Specifications
Processor: Amlogic S802 Quad Core to 2.0 GHz (Cortex-A9) GPU: Octa core ARM Mali-450 GPU and 600 MHz OS: Google Android 4.4.2 RAM: DDR3 2GB ROM: Onboard EMMC Flash 8GB extend memory: Micro SD Card (Maximum support 32GB) antenna: Built-in WIFI antenna for video / image decoding: H.264 [email protected] to 4Kx2K @ 30fps H.264 MVC to 1080P @ 60fps MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080p @ 60fps (ISO-14496) WMV / VC-1 SP / MP / AP to 1080p @ 60fps AVS JiZhun profile to 1080P @ 60fps MPEG-2 MP / HL to 1080p @ 60fps (ISO-13818) MPEG-1 MP / HL to 1080p @ 60fps (ISO-11172) RealVideo 8/9/10 to 1080p @ 60fps H.265 HEVC to 720P WebM to VGA multiple languages ​​and multiple subtitle support for video format MJPEG and JPEG decoding permits unlimited pixels (ISO / IEC-10918) Supports thumbnail JPEG, scaling, rotation and transition effects Support * .mkv, *. WMV, *. miles per gallon, * MPEG, * .dat, * .avi, * .mov, * .iso, * .mp4, * .rm, and * .jpg file formats Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, OGG Ethernet: 10/100 LAN WIFI: IEEE 802.11a / B / G / N 2,400 GHz ~ 2.497 GHz (2.4 GHz ISM Band) 4,900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band) IR sensor 1 * IR power LED: 1 * LED power indicator with two - button color: 1 * power key 1 * Update button (through a pin hole) USB 2.0: 2 * Standard USB 1 * Micro USB with OTG DC 1 * DC in HDMI Jack 1 * HDMI SPDIF Type 1 * S / SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH) RJ45: 1 * TF card slot for RJ45: 1 * Micro SD card slot AV .: 1 * AV adapter Port: Miracast / DLNA sUPPORT and interface 5V 2A MULTI -Language: the original ecology and DIAOTEC size custom user interface: 115mm * 115mm * 26mm Weight: 215g

voting]
Attached Image

M
There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 29.01.18, 15:32
Reason for editing: Travel information ->BD3D only in 2D

After reading the articlehttp: //savagemessiahzine.com/ 2014/02/14/141425 / # more-141 425I was very interested in this device.
Now happy to use Tronsmart MK908, but the video quality is not always pleasant.
I think in this device with video playback case should go better.
Sales, as I understand it, Tronsmart Vega S89 is not yet available ....http://www.tronsmart.com/Item/72
But the linkhttp: //enybox.en.aliba...4_4_kitkat_tv_box.htmlbought in bulk
and that's where you can order one piece?
I beg to express your opinion about these boxes, as they are interesting to play video (my knowledge on this subject are not great)
Well, maybe in the future there will be links to vendors and overview videos.http: //www.freaktab.co...&viewfull=1#post146585
Here's a find for sale, but the chip is not the same ... or is it different names for the chip?
because the dual-core chip AML8726 apparently, but AML8726 - M8 4 ??? !!!
or Amlogic S802 = AML8726-M8 Quad Core Cortex [email protected] GHz + MALI450 ????
PS oil oily out, but a direct link to gikbuing not working .....

Post has been editedvbogdanov80 - 18.02.14, 22:12

4K is not particularly necessary, as long as there is no TV, but that is primarily interested in how the case will be supporting?
tronsmarta have all kind of okay, but how this state of affairs in ENY .....

Rep: (8)
geekbuying on pre-order, the price is only $ 120 (less the same minix), is true confusesReg. price:USD 201.32 although it is probably the Chinese on the boom again dissemble. Estimated time of commencement of sales - the end of March. Remote control is not supplied.
Oh sorry, I already ordered tronsmart a928 (

Rep: (83)
mda .. This media player is all bomb. It will be very sell if critical problems will not be.
If you will work for honest 1080p, and easy to pull on the 15Gb movies on a local network or from the HDD

goodies:
1. Mali-450MPtwo times faster Mali-400MP (At RK3188)
2. Wi-Fi - 5Ghz (Support 802.11a / B / g / n)
3. Availability of the on / off button.

But upsetting the power supply to the 5V 2A

Post has been editedvldim - 18.02.14, 15:11

Rep: (8)
On sale at the same the boom there was a version with 8GB of internal memory, it is written that there are in stock, $ 105. The official website of tronsmarta this version no box

vldim @ 18.02.2014, 09:22*
For example how can we talk Tronsmart Vega S89

there's my topic .... have probably unite ....

tsnoc @ 18.02.2014, 14:25*
that there are in stock, $ 105

105 only for wifi 2,4 GHz called Elite ....
what true luxury, it is not clear ....
and for the 120 elite but without wifi 2.4GHz / 5GHz

http: //www.aliexpress....-2/1660328113.html s = p?
Ali priseyl

Rep: (6)
vldim @ 18.02.2014, 14:00*
mda .. This media player is all bomb. It will be very sell if critical problems will not be.

No bomb the player will not be until you start writing sane program, fully supported by the hardware capabilities of the chips, and begin to make a balanced iron.
Actually, everything is repeated on a new call. Again, 100 Mbit / s, 4K fuflyzhnye once again USB 2.0 (about the lack of real avtofreymreyta and 23.976 Hz., And even I do not say).

Post has been editedprobep - 19.02.14, 10:16

Rep: (83)
probep @ 19.02.2014, 10:54*
Again, 100 Mbit / s, again fuflyzhnye 4K, USB 2.0 again

I agree. On the 21st century ... a normal USB 3.0 does not even smell.
Network long overdue stavt 1000 Mbit / s
And all around lie about 1080p playback quality, not to mention the 4K

Post has been editedvldim - 19.02.14, 15:50

vldim @ 19.02.2014, 16:47*
And all around lie about 1080p playback quality, not to mention the 4K

someone has tried?

It is clear that nothing is perfect ....
But what is at the moment the best for the money?

How to know who is Bob, and then order

Rep: (0)
exactly! how they are going to 4k video transmitted over 100m / bits of the grid? only usb turns.

I did not think that the network a lot of 4K video ....
I would be honest without zatykov- 1080 and is already well

That M8 has appeared on sale
http: //www.aliexpress....id-4-3/1665252244.html
as both Vega appeared on Ali
http: //www.aliexpress....AM-HDMI/974891322.html
http: //www.aliexpress....TV-BOX/1662205377.html

The elite seem to have been the owner of Russia, even if there unsubscribed or something ...

Rep: (70)
I do not know how cunning GKB, but Eric says that work on the S89 is not yet finished, there is only a general developments, such as soldered circuit boards, engineering samples, etc. He spenttest engineering model S89: AnTuTu while not happy, only ~ 24K ~ 30K against at Onda v975m on the same chip, continue to work. Also, there are 3 versions of the chip S802: actually, S802 without the DTS / DD support, S802D (only support DD) and S802DD, which decodes and throws Bitstream on the receiver. In both S89now S802 stands, without the DTS / DD hardware support, although All software is decoded without problems . Tronsmart aware of the issue, will try to start selling it to S802DD, but there was little hope (it should be in the official list of DTS and Dolby member associations, in this Tronsmart some straining, as I understand it). S89 will be supplied initially with 4.4 KitKat, OTA, native resolution - 1080p ( NOT apskeyl 720p).
Further,this sell Alimeans that the console is not supplied (Tronsmart confirms the presence of the remote included), model name -CX-921 (It's RK3188, and in the description of noodle distribute CX-919 II, MK908 and X7), WiFi in his dual-band 802.11 a RTL8188 a / B / g / n ( in RTL8188CE specifications not a word about the support 802.11a, which is needed for the WiFi works on 5GHz, ie de facto only 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth is also there), but actually in the Vega Elite S89 will be Broadcom AP6210, which is set for many where odoznachno supports 5GHz. Well, as much as two sales already in late 2013, when the device is not at all was ready, too, hint at the cheat. FROM another lot of the same seller the same fable, WiFi only in this model really is on Broadcom AP6330, which, respectively, also dual-band.

In short, Ali to these lots - divorce, do not get fooled.

P.S. M8 models and S8 - virtually hardware clones S89, only there is WiFi on RTL8188 (2.4GHz without Bluetooth) and there is no microUSB OTG. And I do not know, they have a firmware, because at this Tronsmart voprosv, like, no.
P.P.S. Not for the sake of advertising say that ordered at GKB model Vega S89, the issue price with the usual delivery to Russia - $ 120, shipment promised in March, right at the start of official sales. Wait a long time, but I do not burn. I do not give a link, for whom it is necessary - he will find it simple. How come - accomplish your goal.

Post has been editedYujiTFD - 21.02.14, 17:15

YujiTFD @ 21.02.2014, 18:11*
S802 without the DTS / DD support

and whistles and boxes on rk3188 or A31 have this support? like no .....

vbogdanov80 @ 21.02.2014, 18:31*
and whistles and boxes on rk3188 or A31 have this support? like no .....

RK3188 as a media player - generally weak embodiment: the image quality and the efficiency in general leave much. In this forum, many copies of this topic is broken, but people do agree on one thing: Allwinner Amlogic and give more "exhaust" in the composition of the media player, and RK3188 - as miniPC. Currently DTS-HS and Dolby TrueHD passthrough supportedHiMedia Q5IIHiSilicon Hi3718 chip and players on Allwinner A31, RK3188 have no such support.

Update. thanksprobep behind clarify the situation with Allwinner A31 .

Post has been editedYujiTFD - 21.02.14, 18:47

YujiTFD @ 21.02.2014, 18:54*
At the moment, DTS-HS and Dolby TrueHD passthrough is supported on HiMedia Q5II HiSilicon Hi3718 chip RK3188 at Allwinner A31 and no such support.

Oh you're wrong. A number of players based on Allwinner A31 + PowerVR SGX544MP2 realized not only full support for HD-Audio bitstream, but also support BD-menus (including BD-J) and high-quality support BD3D (MVC-decoding). Moreover, it began to introduce elements avtofreymreyta - the Achilles' heel of all Androids ...

Post has been editedprobep - 21.02.14, 18:10
Reason for editing: Supplement

probep @ 21.02.2014, 19:08*
Oh you're wrong. A number of players based on Allwinner A31 + PowerVR SGX544MP2 realized not only full support for HD-Audio bitstream, but also support BD-menus (including BD-J) and high-quality support BD3D (MVC-decoding). Moreover, it began to introduce elements avtofreymreyta - the Achilles' heel of all Androids ...
Oh, yes, something I beguiled with A31: D I'm aware of the work of the authors in the field of DVDFab BD-menu, and so on. But all this, except for the sound of forwarding SPDIF / HDMI, refers to applications rather than to the possibilities of architecture. I decided to put on a new product: P

YujiTFD @ 21.02.2014, 19:39*
I decided to put on a new product

Also I am looking for something of such things. My impression of the last test, that the problem is not hardware, but not very skilled programmers. And if the programmers do not have enough oil in the head, we have to rely only on machines with the heaped up iron when it is not even the most optimized programs will work as it should.
And still waiting for a reputable software manufacturers in earnest take on the writing media programs for Android. Level higher than BSPlayer.

P.S. With a fool bet on Android Cyberlink Player. This is one example of how to sort a solid manufacturer software is not serious irrelevant.

Post has been editedprobep - 21.02.14, 19:16
Reason for editing: Supplement

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/12/19, 15:51