Google Nexus 4 - OmniROM Firmware

Rep: (419)
Google Nexus 4 - OmniROM Firmware
PictureLG E960
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Power consumption and autonomy пїЅ | Embellishments пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | MIUI пїЅ | Ubuntu touch пїЅ | CyanogenMod 11 пїЅ | AOKP пїЅ | ParanoidAndroid пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | LeWa OS 5 пїЅ | Nexus 5 Experience пїЅ | SailFish OS пїЅ | Yandex.Kit пїЅ | Custom kernels пїЅ | CWM Recovery FAQ | Omnirom

Theme Rules
1. In this subject actAndroid section firmware rulesandForum Rulessavagemessiahzine.com
2. In this topic, only OmniRom firmware is discussed, for everything else ->Discussion, Firmware, LG Nexus 4 - custom firmwareandLG Nexus 4 - Custom Kernels
3. Theme assumes already studied terms, such as Root, CWM, Recovery, etc.
4.Before posting your message, readthis

Description
What kind of omni?
Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. Android users out there. Android (vs iOS and every other mobile OS) What is the beauty of Android?

Omni is a chance toget involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM for 3 years,you’re welcome. Omni actively encouragesbug reportsour publicly accessible roadmap. What is the point?

We’re recognizing that we’ve been able to use your own custom ROM drive. We’ve found it. For that reason, nightlife aren’t a playground - nightlies are that new features that are finished. It’s not a bad thing.

If you’re not happy, you’ll not be happy. Where does the community go to.

Taken fromhttp://omnirom.org/about/
news
Reviews

Drivers and Utilities
Instructions
All instructions are given in the subject. Firmware
Download links

Useful
miscellanea

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedSadowplay - 08.01.19, 02:41
Reason for editing: Topic name

Rep: (12)
Add to the instructions how to enableOmniROM SoundPacks.

Rep: (78)
Who will tell you why in the curtain the inscriptions on the tiles disappear periodically?
How is it treated?

How to install OmniROM Sound Packs

1. Create a folder (I did not have it) on the device "SoundPacks" and put our .zip archive into it
2. Open Settings->Sound->Sound packs
3. Click "Install sound pack"
4. Choose our soundpack
5. Now we can turn it on ->"Select sound pack"

Create your own sound pack

1. Our sound files must be in .ogg format.
2. Take the audio_assets.xml from Plodey's Sample Pack and edit it in accordance with the names of our tracks
3. Archive everything so that there are no other archives in the archive.

Link to the original

Post has been editedblooddseeker - 10.02.14, 12:07

Rep: (74)
It seems to me that it would not be bad to bring an overview, features of the firmware. and can be different from cyanogen.

It seems to me that it would not be bad to bring an overview, features of the firmware. and can be different from cyanogen.

Today, this'll do + add a review of another person

And so now I want to tell you about the features of the OmniRom firmware that I have not previously met

The first thing that catches your eye is the OmniSwitch
Attached Image

This is a customizable popup window with applications that you recently used and add. buttons (home, switch between the latest applications, close all applications, close all but the current application and settings). You can also add "favorite" applications for quick access.
Attached Image

In the last nighties they added the function of replacing "Recent applications" to it, very conveniently, it seems to me
This feature can be called with the button "Recent applications" or with a swipe from the side of the screen that you specify (green glow in the screenshot)
Attached Image

Then there is a very handy control tile for quick access tiles, which I really liked.
Attached Image
Attached Image

No need to go into the settings and dig into the list of tiles, you can simply click on the "pencil" and remove the ones we need
But she has a minus, we can not add your tiles

There is also a nice thing for Internet surfers, namely "connection speed" and all the favorite "arrows" in the status bar
Attached Image

There is also such an interesting thing as a "magic curtain with notifications"
Which shows the image in accordance with the date and time. Cool, but it seems to me useless
Attached Image

And now the coolest thing for me
Notification full screen! Very cool thing with very fine tuning.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I really liked it and it is very convenient when the phone is in the car / on charging / through the headset

Sound! There is a feature to add your sound pack, honestly, did not use
But nice =)
Attached Image

Access applications. I met him somewhere before
So let's say your firewall, give / close access to applications to anything
Attached Image
Attached Image

Further, your kernel settings through a program similar to TricsterMod
Convenient, beautiful, even the trickster does not need to be downloaded, all the functionality is inside
Attached Image

Well, the most pleasant, sweet and wonderful last
OpenDelta, OTA updates BUT in which, finally, you do not need to download completely the night, but only the Update weighing less than 10mb
(although for some reason I always have the last night on the map, which clearly smells like a trick)
Attached Image

And I accidentally managed to find (and even comrades from the topic were reminded) that our tiles are rotating! Miscellaneous ext. functions on this back sidethe moontile
* screen will be later *

While this is all, if I forgot something outstanding, we will fix it.

Post has been editedblooddseeker - 12.02.14, 21:29

Rep: (94)
Was there any way to edit navbar in Omni? I remember once set, I did not find this option. I personally like the height of the buttons 36 dpi, the standard ones are too big.

Zubaser @ 02/10/2014, 19:20*
Was there any way to edit navbar in Omni?

not yet = (

Rep: (247)
blooddseeker
Can the number of tiles in a row be changed? (In quick settings)

Post has been editedzuigetsu - 10.02.14, 21:16

Can the number of tiles in a row be changed?

They themselves change
when there are a lot of them, there are 4 of them
when little then 3
screen do?

something is impossible to do as before = (
for seeing that the tiles rotate =)

Post has been editedblooddseeker - 10.02.14, 21:42

Rep: (247)
blooddseeker
Poorly.
A similar way to add tiles to psx if I'm not mistaken.
Rotate when pressed?

Zuigetsu @ 02/10/2014, 10:48*
Rotate when pressed?

Well, we clamp and turn
there on the back of the antenna network modes
wifi opens access point
very comfortably

Rep: (38)
blooddseeker
Can the number of tiles in a row be changed? (In quick settings)

No, but you can enable dynamic column allocation. If enabled<= 12 tiles then 3x4 markup, if more then 4x4
Not yet mentioned that many of the tiles are rotated and on the revolutions additional functions
Attached Image

Posted 02/10/2014 10:06 PM:

blooddseeker @ 10.2.2014, 20:40*
They themselves change
when there are a lot of them, there are 4 of them
when little then 3
screen do?

something is impossible to do as before = (
for seeing that the tiles rotate =)

Apparently removed the tick here
Attached Image

Posted 02/10/2014 10:10 PM:

Regarding the speed in the status bar: this option (settings ->bars) is a multi checkbox. One tap (ticked) bits per second, another tap (tick stands) bytes per second, another tap tick off (speed is not displayed). Soon it will be replaced by a drop-down list (b / s; B / s; off)

Post has been editedBzzzz3 - 11.02.14, 06:29
Reason for editing: Spoiler

linux-void @ 02/10/2014, 23:06*
Apparently removed the tick here

tochnyak
I'm stupid ... why can not I edit the message that would put the photo under the spoiler

let me copy my own messages from another topic))

Locked Lockscreen has recently arrived, the ability to record a screen with sound and the ability to remove the camera widget on the lock screen (swipe left)
Previously, a swipe between notifications and quick settings was added, as well as hidden notification icons (it is under the curtain, but there is no icon on the panel)
Transparent lockscreen, hiding notification icons, camera on lockscreen
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedlinux-void - 10.02.14, 22:35

separately for each menu screenshots can be found hereLG Nexus 4 - custom firmware(something has changed, something has been added - all the same I wrote this post in the middle of December :) you can not read the text, more than half is not relevant there, but screenshots in general are still in the subject) I need to upload it again, for some reason they are displayed only on the message preview (and in the full answer in the list of the last messages in the topic, these attachments are also displayed, but when you read the text [attach such and that] instead of pictures, that's all (

Posted 02/10/2014 10:34 PM:

Quiet hour (quiescent clock) can be set in the flesh before punching the quiet hour mode if the SMS contains a certain word or a contact rings a certain number of times
QuietHours
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Zubaser @ 02/10/2014, 5:20 pm*
Was there any way to edit navbar in Omni?

partly, you can swap buttons and add additional (available: nothing (no buttons), back, search, recently opened, menu (displayed as 3 vertical points - always visible), menu (same 3 points, but displayed only when necessary) - in general, this button has meaning only in applications (there it only appears if this auto-hide menu button is added), which for some reason did not adapt to bucket 4.x, when there was no overflow menu on the action bar applications (upper part with program name
the height cannot be changed for the time being (for some reason, a commit is not added to a branch, although the patches are already flooded into gerrit long ago:https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/3770/ )

on the approach there are revised settings for fast tiles (3 columns, 4 columns, dynamic distribution), ribbon (like on the old android, a strip with these same tiles, and also the vertical rotation of these ribbons
something like that:http://inodroid.ru/cya…k-obeshhayut-prostotu/

Rep: (17)
In my opinion the most distinctive feature of the firmware remained in the shadows, namely Active Display (I know that there is a cap, but there is something like that about Active and not a word :)
So, the active buns: you can configure that pulling the screen out of your pocket automatically activates the screen - no need to reach for the power buttons, the battery barely eats; secondly, if the notification came again, it is automatically displayed on the lock screen and can be read, opened, canceled - everything is flexibly configured.

There is a very big drawback (IMHO) - in the settings of a quiet clock there is no white list of contacts :( (yes there is of course a repeated call and a prefix in SMS, but try setting up such a gsm alarm system for example or bring it to your beloved grandfather). - ask for feature please :)

Novice314 @ 11.02.2014, 06:57*
There is a very big drawback (IMHO) - in the settings of a quiet clock there is no white list of contacts

http: //forum.xda-devel...=50227553#post50227553
http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-576(feel free to vote)
Also, if it is not difficult to vote for vibration at the beginning and end of the call -http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-529

Post has been editedlinux-void - 11.02.14, 11:18

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19 10:26