Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 992
Check in: 25.11.12
Lenovo S90

�������� ������ ��������� ���������. ������ � �������� download

This topic will address the following questions:
  • the structure of memory markup files such asscatter, MBR, EBR, GPT, EFI, parameterand etc.;
  • suggested tools (applications) for changing the markup of memory;
  • practical recommendations for the implementation of the repartitioning (re-marking) of the memory of mobile devices are given.
First you should start with the material under the spoiler "Useful information"and then, having filled with knowledge, begin to practice using the applications presented below:
Useful information
Editor of memory markup files for MTK
Memory Markup Editor for RKxx Chips
  • RK_ParamEd- memory layout editor for RKxx chips (Parameter file)
    Requirements
    • Windows 7 operating system or higher;
    • installed .NET 4.0 package.
    Opportunities
    • allows you to edit the size and flag of ANY section;
    • allows you to change startup command line parameters;
    • multilanguage version;
    Fresh version
    Attached fileRK_ParamEd_v1.01.rar(20.43 KB)

User's Manual
    Attached fileRK_ParamEd_1.01. Users manual.rar(990.79 KB)

Allwinner Memory Markup Editor
MBR and GUID markup files editor
An application for processing markup files DOS (MBR + EBR, partition.bin, etc.) and GUID (GPT file, EFI, etc.).
Requirements

Fresh version
Attached filePartitionsEditor_1.02.rar(122.15 KB)

User's Manual
It will be soon.
Instructions for re-marking MTK with GUID
Huawei Memory Markup Editor (GPT, EFI files)
Requirements

Fresh version
User's Manual
Remapping memory on phones with Spreadtrum sc7731 processor
Remapping memory on devices with a Qualcomm MSM processor

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedvaalf - 15.10.18, 12:14
Reason for editing: Small instruction on re-marking memory on mtk with GUID (GPT) using gdisk
Sevenmaxmax
Message#2
05.02.14, 22:24
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Check in: 27.10.10
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

Remapping memory devices based on chips from MTK

Recommendations
A few simple tips to avoidunnecessary manipulationsand minimize the chance of occurrencemistakes...
The text is supported by the necessary illustrations.
Download Attached fileRecommendation.7z (331.95 KB)

Translation of numbers from 10 s / s to 16 s / s and vice versa
A small guide for beginners to translate numbers fromDecimalnumber systems inHexadecimaland vice versa!
I tried to write in clear language for the uninitiated, supporting the text with illustrations.
Download Attached fileManual10-16 & 16-10.7z (389.01 KB)

Working with the markup editor for devices on mt65XX
I bring to your attentionstep-by-step instruction on working with the program ScatterEditor , on the example of increasing the section USRDATA .
Resizing the remaining sections is similar.
The instruction contains all the necessary illustrations.
Download Attached fileStep-by-Step Instruction.7z (428.42 KB)

The process of memory re-marking program SP Flash Tool
For devices based on mt6577, mt6589 (mt6589t)
I bring to your attentiondetailed and step-by-step instructions memory remapping for chip devices mt6577 , mt6589 (mt6589t) .
Download Attached fileRepartition_MT6577, MT6589 (MT6589T) .7z (617.28 KB)

For devices based on mt6582, mt6592 (mt6592t)
I bring to your attentiondetailed and step-by-step instructions memory remapping for chip devices mt6572 , mt6582 , mt6592 (mt6592t) .
Download Attached fileRepartition_MT6572, MT6582, MT6592.7z (753.05 KB)

Creating images of the required length
I bring to your attentiondetailed and step-by-step instructions to create images of the required length. Instruction

Remapping device memory from recovery mode
I bring to your attentiondetailed and step-by-step instructions on re-memory for devices from Recovery . Instruction

How to check the success of the resizing process
Check the success of the resizing process, you can onlyin one way : see how the size of the section you manipulated in the program became ScatterEditor .
You can see the size of the phone sections, for example, through the programMTK Droid ToolsTo do this, connect tel. to the PC, on which all the necessary drivers are already installed, and run the program (through the same program we get a temporaryRoot shellif it is not) then click on the button"Block Map" . A new window appears in which we look at the dimensions of the phone sections.
Attached Image

Post has been editedSevenmaxmax - 15.09.14, 17:14
Reason for editing: Out-of-stock information: instructions for creating images of the required length.

--------------------
Do as I do, do better than me!
All ingenious is simple, but something that is difficult, it does not work!
~ Santino ~
Message#3
06.02.14, 12:55
[offline]

Messages 890
Check in: 25.09.13

Support the topic! Because I had to climb a lot to resolve this issue. A long time agoofferedcollect materials in one place.
I think it would be quite logical to attach to the subject.pollon user preferences for the layout scheme.
I somehow created it, but polls in loose topics are usually minimal by voting (How much memory do you have applications? (poll)
I will add a few links with a good, detailed description:
Freelander PD10 Unicom 3G - Firmware- one of the best descriptions for manual editing scatter, MBR, EBR
Digma iDnD7 3G - Discussion- another one of the best descriptions for manual editing scatter, MBR, EBR
http: //lenovo-forums.r ... memory device- p770/- MTK657x
Huawei U8812D / Ascend G302D - Discussion
http: //forum.china-iph…ecovery-t18750-40.html- redevelopment patches
http: //forum.china-iph...ost591841.html#p591841
http: //forum.china-iph...ost590818.html#p590818
Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Firmware
The first 2 ways on the links are not only well described, but I consider them to be the most reliable and correct.

I made the redevelopment on my machine, but still there were questions (

ps: I can help in the creation of topics (in the styleAndroid update-script, the best info from the forum gathered in one place).

Post has been editedPrince_Saint - 11.03.14, 19:04
Reason for editing: Removed empty lines.

--------------------
vin2809
Message#4
06.02.14, 13:18
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 992
Lenovo S90

Prince_Saint
Thank you for the information, but you did not understand the idea. I will not collect well-known references on the topic of markup to ONE place, and I OFFER ready solutions for work. And all this will be supported by a light theory.
The trouble with many of the references listed by you is that they describe the solution of a SPECIFIC task, without describing the basics. This leads to the fact that if these decisions are thoughtlessly repeated, the majority of users get a “brick†from their pet.
Not to be unfounded, we start with the file descriptionMBR

What is an MBR file.

What is an MBR file?
Introduction
For the operation of the operating system (OS), it is necessary to create a table of its placement. This table is located in the MBR (Master Boot Record - Master Boot Record), which is physically located at the beginning of the memory.
The MBR contains the partitioning table itself, the file signature (i.e., the Boot Record flag) and the executable code used by some operating systems for booting.

MBR and EBR file structure.

The MBR is 512 bytes in size, i.e. one physical sector and has the following structure:

The structure of the master boot record (MBR)
------------------------------------------
Address Content
0000h bootloader code
01BEh Four partition table entries
01FEh 2-byte signature MBR (0x55AA)

Each partition table entry is 16 bytes in length, and the content depends on the OS used. For mobile devices, the format of the partition table entry is as follows:

The structure of the partition table entry
Offset Length Description
00h-03h 4 Unused (always 0x0)
04h 1 Partition type code
05h-07h 3 Not used (always 0x0)
08h 4 Section Offset (in 512 byte sectors)
0Ch 4 Number of partition sectors (partition length)

The partition offset is indicated from the first sector of the memory area described by this table. Those. if the offset field of the section contains the value 0x400, and the table itself (MBR) is located in memory, starting from the address 0x00600000 (this is indicated in the scatter file), then this section will be physically located in the memory from the address

0x00600000
+ 0x00080000 (0x400 * 0x200 = 0x00080000)
---------------
0x00680000

The section type code describes its contents. So, if the section does not contain information, i.e. is empty, then its code is set to 0x00.
If there are more than 4 partitions and they do not fit into one MBR table, then an additional table is added - an expansion table. It is called EBR1 (Extended Boot Record). The code for this section is 0x05. Codes of frequently used sections are given in the table.
The section containing EBR1 has exactly the same structure, only there is no executable code. If the number of sections does not fit into the additional table, then one of the records will contain the description of the following table, which has the name EBR2. And so on as needed.

Partition type codes
Code Section Type
00h Empty entry (free space)
01h FAT-12
05h Advanced Section
0Bh FAT-32
----
82h Linux swap
83h Linux
----
EEh GPT
FFh BBT (Bad Block Table)

Work with MBR and EBR files.
The files containing the MBR and EBR tables are modified after updating the scatter file. Knowing the initial size and offset of the section, it can be found in the table BR.
Then the new values ​​of these parameters are transferred from bytes to sectors, dividing by 512 (0x200), and fit into the corresponding fields of the table.

Literature.
1.Master Boot Record.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record.

In connection with the large amount of material, I decided to take out examples in a separate post.

Post has been editedvin2809 - 12.02.14, 20:39
Reason for editing: Made a change.

--------------------
vin2809
Message#5
06.02.14, 18:52
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 992
Lenovo S90

What is a scatter file.
What is a scatter file
Introduction
Memory markup, i.e. Breakdown into sections, in devices on MTK chips is produced using a file called "scatter file".
It is used by flash programs, the so-called. flashers (from the English "flasher") when flashing a full image of memory or its individual parts, called partitions.
The scatter file structure contains the description of all existing sections of memory, regardless of what they will contain in the working device.

The structure of the scatter file.
There are two versions of the scatter file structure. Consider the first version used in most mobile devices on MTxx chips.
A full description of the memory section is a set of lines of the form:

[__NODL_] name offset [length]
{
} where
  • __NODL_ - "No download" is a sign that the partition will be skipped by the flasher and does not require a firmware file for its operation. Such a section can be generally excluded from the scatter file;
  • name - section name;
  • offset - offset of the section from the beginning of the memory in hexadecimal form, byte;
  • length - section length in hexadecimal view, byte.
Square brackets mean optional parameter.
The most commonly used abbreviated form is:
name offset
{
}

Such a description of the memory sections assumes that:
  • each section has a length before the next one;
  • between the two sections there is no third (hidden) one.
For example, I will give a typical scatter-file for MT6589. It has the following form:
PRELOADER 0x0
{
}
MBR 0x600000
{
}
EBR1 0x680000
{
}
__NODL_PMT 0x700000
{
}
__NODL_PRO_INFO 0xb00000
{
}
__NODL_NVRAM 0xe00000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_F 0x1300000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_S 0x1d00000
{
}
__NODL_SECCFG 0x2700000
{
}
UBOOT 0x2720000
{
}
BOOTIMG 0x2780000
{
}
RECOVERY 0x2d80000
{
}
SEC_RO 0x3380000
{
}
__NODL_MISC 0x3980000
{
}
LOGO 0x3a00000
{
}
EBR2 0x3d00000
{
}
__NODL_EXPDB 0x3d80000
{
}
ANDROID 0x4780000
{
}
CACHE 0x2d180000
{
}
USRDATA 0x34f80000
{
}
__NODL_FAT 0x74f80000
{
}
__NODL_BMTPOOL 0xffff00a8
{
}

Consider the structure of the second version of the scatter file.
A complete description of each section of memory is a set of lines of the form:
partition_index: SYS1
partition_name: MBR
file_name: MBR
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x0
physical_start_addr: 0x0
partition_size: 0x80000
region: EMMC_USER
storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
boundary_check: true
is_reserved: false
operation_type: UPDATE
reserve: 0x00, where
  • - partition_index - index number of the partition, for example, SYS1;
  • - partition_name - the name of the partition, for example, MBR;
  • - file_name is the name of the file containing the partition image, or NONE;
  • - is_download - sign of partition load (something like __NODL_);
  • - type - section type. Indicates the contents of a section. It can take the following values:
EXT4_IMG - the partition contains part of the EXT4 file system;
NORMAL_ROM - the section contains a saved image or a separate file;
SV5_BL_BIN - the section contains the raw code (Raw Code), i.e. executable code;
  • - linear_start_addr - starting address for placing the section in the firmware file, byte;
  • - physical_start_addr - the starting address of the partition in the device memory (physical address), bytes;
  • - partition_size - partition size, bytes;
  • - region - partition location. It can take the following values:
EMMC_BOOT_1 -
EMMC_USER -
  • - storage - HW_STORAGE_EMMC
  • - boundary_check — flag to mark the interface (in the internal database or PMT);
  • - is_reserved - indication of the need for backup;
  • - operation_type - type of operation. It can take the following values:
BINREGION - the area of ​​"raw code";
BOOTLOADERS - bootloader;
INVISIBLE - invisible section;
PROTECTED - protected partition;
RESERVED - reserved;
UPDATE - updated section.
  • - reserve

An example of a full scatter file of the second version is given in the file "Scatter_v2.txt".

Work with scatter file.
Any flasher uses scatter file only for FULL memory markup.
If you are flashing one or more partitions, then the flasher takes the location of partitions from the internal "database" - the PMT file (Partitions Map Table). It reads the offset value for the partition (physical address) and copies, i.e. "flashing" the partition image into memory, starting with this physical address.
Because scatter file contains a list of the physical addresses of the location of all sections of memory, then changing it, you can re-mark this memory. To do this, you need to change the offset values ​​of the necessary sections.
For example, in the USRDATA section, data of user programs are located: logs of work and errors, data about records of games, etc. Therefore, this section is often overflowed, which leads to the appearance of messages like "Memory is full."
In the typical scatter file, it has an offset of 0x34f80000 and a size of 0x74f80000-0x34f80000 = 0x40000000 (or 1073741824 = 1GB). Increase it, for example, by 256MB (268435456). Then the size of the partition will be 1073741824 + 268435456 = 1342177280 (or 0x50000000 in hex). Those. we added another 0x10000000 bytes to the section. Then the next section offset will move by the same amount:
was - 0h74f80000
it became - 0x84f80000
If you do this with offsets of ALL subsequent partitions, then they ALL will move and the TOTAL size of the memory occupied by the firmware will increase by this amount. And this is unacceptable. Therefore, you need to reduce the size of any subsequent section. We have this user section (FAT).
We cannot change its size because it is located to the end of the existing memory. It will simply automatically shorten.
It would seem that everything, but you can shorten sections to a certain limit (to "zero"). Therefore, if the offset of the last partition goes beyond the upper limit of memory, then you will have to roll back all changes or reduce the size of the section “increaseâ€.

Sample scatter file
Attached fileScatter_v2.rar(1 KB)

Post has been editedvin2809 - 27.02.14, 15:26

--------------------
WhiTiger
Message#6
06.02.14, 23:53
Blocked
[offline]

Messages 1672
Check in: 28.02.11
Vernee thor

And for qualcomm will ??

--------------------
Vernee Thor Android 7.0 43.0.A.5.72 Xperia l1 firmware
vin2809
Message#7
07.02.14, 08:53
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 992
Lenovo S90

Maksim198096 @ 06.02.2014, 23:53*
And for qualcomm will ??

Not yet planned, because There was no chance to get acquainted with the firmware for Qualcomm.
If you share information on technology, then you can and try.

--------------------
shornik15
Message#8
07.02.14, 17:45
Guru
[online]

Messages 7680
Check in: 04.04.09
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

sevenmaxs,
hello, everything seems to be done, but with the firmware, the scanner that the program did, with the firmware, swears and gives an error 8038, which was not done, and the date was also made 3 g and the tail remained for 5 g, but only in the body of 8 g

--------------------
Teachers of the Russian language! Please do not disturb.
vin2809
Message#9
07.02.14, 18:23
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 992
Lenovo S90

shornik15

Lay out the original scatter and after the fix to compare. Maybe together and see.

--------------------
Sevenmaxmax
Message#10
07.02.14, 19:08
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

gives error 8038

Greetings, it should be so! Because you need to format the PMT section.
I am completing the instructions, the other day will be ready.
The instruction will be available by looking at the spoiler"Memory re-design process for mt6589 / mt6589t based devices"

Post has been editedsevenmaxs - 07.02.14, 19:11

--------------------
shornik15
Message#11
07.02.14, 19:22
Guru
[online]

Messages 7680
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

sevenmaxs,
In System Storage, the size after re-markup displays correctly, and in Phone Storage it writes the remaining 5.8GB, but it should be ~ 3.55GB. Why is this so.

--------------------
Sevenmaxmax
Message#12
07.02.14, 19:24
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

Why is this so.

Not quite caught up, can you screen?
In any case, you are not quite correctly done, because For phones that have a PMT section in it, and it must be formatted before re-partitioning (otherwise there will be an error 8038 + incorrect data display)

Post has been editedsevenmaxs - 07.02.14, 19:48

--------------------
shornik15
Message#13
07.02.14, 19:32
Guru
[online]

Messages 7680
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

sevenmaxs,
Now let's try. In general, the memory crashed and the firmware got up.
For all the same, we will wait for instructions for mtk 6589t

Post has been editedshornik15 - 07.02.14, 21:44

--------------------
RechtsAnwalt
Message#14
08.02.14, 17:43
MEIN HERZ BRENNT ...
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3670
Check in: 02.10.10

sevenmaxs,
Great and good idea! You can count on my help in any question or test!

--------------------
Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar!
Sevenmaxmax
Message#15
08.02.14, 19:19
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

brant34 @ 08.02.2014, 18:43*
You can count on my help in any question or test!

Thank you, and if anything, I will definitely appeal to you. : thank_you:
Me andvin2809Welcome to all forum participants interested in redesigning on mobile devices!
And we will try to answer all your questions.

At the moment we are studying the new chips mt6582 and mt6592, so that for the owners of devices on these chips will be something to please. : yes2:

--------------------
shornik15
Message#16
08.02.14, 23:16
Guru
[online]

Messages 7680
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

sevenmaxs,
In general, thank you, for the instructions went like clockwork, enjoy VIBE from your site.

--------------------
Jimm85
Message#17
09.02.14, 16:37
EXPERIMENTER
[offline]

Messages 1790
Check in: 21.05.08
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro

sevenmaxs,Hey. Tell me please, according to your instructions, you need to make formats using sp flash tool. So with the first format it is clear, but with the second one I didn’t drive in a bit. I change the size of the boot and recovery sections on MTK 6589. Help please.

--------------------
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro, Project Treble, 9th android SD card 64GB
Sevenmaxmax
Message#18
09.02.14, 23:10
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

Jimm85 @ 02.09.2014, 17:37*
I change the size of the boot and recovery sections on MTK 6589. Help please.
Suppose there is a memory markup on my phone, so I will use the scatter that corresponds to this markup, that is, from the stock firmware (if you do not have stock markup, then take the scatter file that corresponds to your markup).
Stock scatter from ZP990
PRELOADER 0x0
{
}
MBR 0x600000
{
}
EBR1 0x680000
{
}
__NODL_PMT 0x700000
{
}
__NODL_PRO_INFO 0xb00000
{
}
__NODL_NVRAM 0xe00000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_F 0x1300000
{
}
__NODL_PROTECT_S 0x1d00000
{
}
__NODL_SECCFG 0x2700000
{
}
UBOOT 0x2720000
{
}
BOOTIMG 0x2780000
{
}
RECOVERY 0x2d80000
{
}
SEC_RO 0x3380000
{
}
__NODL_MISC 0x3980000
{
}
LOGO 0x3a00000
{
}
EBR2 0x3d00000
{
}
__NODL_EXPDB 0x3d80000
{
}
ANDROID 0x4780000
{
}
CACHE 0x2d180000
{
}
USRDATA 0x34f80000
{
}
FAT 0x94f80000
{
}
__NODL_BMTPOOL 0xFFFF00a8
{
}

So, I explain!
Taking into accountSevenMaxs ruleswhich reads:
To calculate the formatting area of ​​the device’s memory within which re-partitioning takes place, you must enter the section offset from the Scatter file of the firmware in the Begin Address (Hex) field of the SP Flash Tool (if there were several sections, then you must enter the offset of the partition located closer to the zero offset 0x0), and in the Format Length (Hex) field enter a number representing the difference between the mixing of sections the size of which was changed (if there were several sections, then you must enter the offset of the section The leg is closer to the zero offset 0x0) and FAT!
1. First we find the data that we will enter in the fieldBegin Address (Hex) .
In the SP Flash Tool program's Begin Address (Hex) field, enter the offset of the section from the Scatter file of the stock firmware, the size of which was changed (if there were several sections, then you must enter the offset of the partition located closer to the zero offset 0x0)

We have a situation where the size of several sections is changed; therefore, we are looking for which of the modified sections has a smaller offset.
Section BOOTIMG has an offset of 0x2780000, and RECOVERY 0x2d80000, since 0x2780000 is less (that is, closer to the zero offset 0x0) than 0x2d80000, then in the fieldBegin Address (Hex) enter the number 0x0000000002780000

2. Now we find the data that we will enter in the fieldFormat Length (Hex) .
in the Format Length (Hex) field enter a number representing the difference between the mixing of sections the size of which was changed (if there were several sections, then you must enter the offset of the section located closer to the zero offset 0x0) and FAT!

We have a situation where the size of several sections is changed; and taking into account that we already know that among the modified partitions, the BOOTIMG partition has the least confusion (its offset is 0x2780000) we just have to look at the offset of the FAT partition in the scatter file (it is 0x94f80000), and then subtract the offset of the BOOTIMG partition from the offset of the FAT partition :
0x94f80000 - 0x2780000 = 0x92800000

Based on the calculations we need toFormat Length (Hex) enter number 0x0000000092800000

EVENTUALLY
Begin Address (Hex): 0x0000000002780000
Format Length (Hex): 0x0000000092800000

Post has been editedvin2809 - 20.02.14, 21:25
Reason for editing: Added spoilers.

--------------------
vin2809
Message#19
10.02.14, 18:38
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 992
Lenovo S90

The MTXX memory layout editor has become multilingual.
Switch the interface language in the "Options" menu. At startup, the language set as the primary language of the operating system is automatically selected.
Version ofScatterEditor_v1.01pick up from the cap.

Post has been editedvin2809 - 10.02.14, 18:38

--------------------
~ Santino ~
Message#20
11.02.14, 22:10
[offline]

Messages 890
Check in: 25.09.13

Memory redesign process
For devices based on mt6577, mt6589 (mt6589t)

What is the pre-formatting pmt and re-markup? If you completely install the firmware through Firmware-Update, is the format also needed?

--------------------
Sevenmaxmax
Message#21
11.02.14, 22:55
Our Dumas are clear!
[offline]

Messages 2044
Motorola Moto Z2 Force

Prince_Saint @ 11.02.2014, 23:10*
If you completely install the firmware through Firmware-Update, is the format also needed?

Many phones will have an error 3808. Yes, and the likelihood thatnvramwill be reset to 45%.
Try ... thank_you:

--------------------

210 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 00:37