Android to a virtual machine | Install Android on your computer / laptop through virtual machines

Rep: (65)
Install Android on your computer / laptop through an Oracle VM VirtualBox virtual machine or VMWare Workstation.
The latest and most stable version at the moment: Android 8.1 Oreo with security patch January 5, 2019 (build image: January 17, 2019)

Hardware Requirements:
1. Intel / AMD x86_64 processor with virtualization support: 2 threads (minimum) // 4 threads and more (recommended)
2. 2 GB of RAM (minimum) // 4 GB of RAM (recommended)
3. Hard disk space 8 GB (minimum) // 10 GB or more (according to your needs)

Before starting work:
1. The virtual machine itselfOracle VM VirtualBox 5.22(Version 6.0 is currently not on friendly terms with Android-x86, while we are using stable 5.2)
2. The image of Android. Download it from the siteAndroid-x86.org
3. Enable the virtualization function of your processor in your host BIOS (for different motherboards and processors this parameter is called differently in the menu, you need to look for an example on my motherboard in the picture)
Attached Image

Installation examples (video):

Full text installation instructions in Oracle VM VirtualBox. Image: android-x86-8.1-rc2.iso.
0.1. Download and install the program.
0.2. Download the Android image.

1.1. Create a virtual machine with any name, system type: Linux, version: Ubuntu (the bit is not important).
1.2. The amount of RAM depends on your computer / laptop, it is better to put half of the available (i.e. if you have 8 GB on your host, then you can safely put 4 GB).
1.3. Create a new virtual disk, VDI, Dynamic, the volume is better from 8 GB (depending on the number of applications you need).
1.4. We go in the Holy Island of the created machine through the button Configure.
General - Advanced - Turn on the bidirectional buffer.
System - Motherboard - Remove the check mark in the boot order from the diskette
System - Motherboard - Tick Enable I / O APIC
System - Motherboard - Cursor Manipulator - set the PS / 2 mouse
System - Processor - 2 CPU cores (or more, if possible)
System - Processor - Enable PAE / NX
Display - Video - Video Memory 128 MB
Display - Video - Tick Enable 3D acceleration
Media - Controller: IDE - Click on Empty and to the right where the drive window is click on the disk and select the downloaded Android image.
1.5. Click OK.

2.1. We start the car.
2.2. In the first window, use the arrows on the keyboard to select the lowest Installation - Install Android-x86 to harddisk, confirm the choice by pressing Enter.If you propose to install GPT, refuse!
2.3. After running through all the lines, a window appears, select the first item Create / Modify partitions in it.
2.4. In the appeared window with the arrow to the right, select Write and write yes, confirming by pressing Enter.
2.5. Use the right arrow to select New, then Primary, confirm the volume that appears.
2.6. Use the right arrow to select Write and write yes, confirming by pressing Enter.
2.7. Use the right arrow to select Bootable, press Enter and exit via Quit.
2.8. If everything is done correctly, then the first to write sda1 Linux will appear, confirm Enter.
2.9. In the next window, select ext4. Then we confirm that we want to format the disk.
2.10. We are waiting for it to format.
2.11. In all the following windows, click Yes.
2.12. After the Android-x86 window is installed successfully; At the top, press the Devices button - Optical disk drives - Eject the disk from the drive. After that, select Reboot and press Enter.
2.13. The machine restarts and select the very first item.
2.14. After that we wait, the Android logo appears, and then the system setup, as if you have a simple Android tablet.

Now you have an already rooted Android with firmware for developers.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

FAQ
How to change the screen resolution?
Android 4.4 and below:
In the folder with the virtual machine, find the file called machine_name.vbox, add the line to it:
<ExtraDataItem name = "CustomVideoMode1" value = "320x480x16" />
It determines the resolution and amount of memory for color.
Android 5.0 and higher:
Natively changing the resolution is still quite difficult, but there arecrutch. It works quite well.

VirtualBox 6.0 does not want to run Android
The problem is known, the solution is simple - install VirtualBox 5.22

How to enable full support for programs written for ARM in Android x86?
Settings - Android x86 options - Enable Native Bridge

What works and what does not work in the latest version (Android 8.1)?
Doesn't work: touch screen, google play and everything that comes out of it
Works: camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mouse, keyboard, installation of .apk from any sources, simple games are started (maybe complex, but this is not yet accurate)

Is there a root?
There is.

Post has been editedSmit7564 - 28.02.19, 23:27

Rep: (479)
* Smit7564,
I just got through the ball, without dancing, except that this VMWare is just disgusting.
The USB tester UM34C hooked.

Rep: (0)
Installed 64-8.1-r1 under esxi 6.7. It starts, first it loads in the console, and then a black screen.

The video delivered 128Mb, 3D, 256Mb.

2Gb memory.

I don’t understand how to configure. I definitely need esxi, vb will not work.

* plr,
Have you looked at other resources? For example,http://innerlife.io/ho...ning-many-screenshots/
Honestly, I had no business with this Virtual Machine, I can’t tell you.

Smit7564, installed and configured according to the instructions, everything started up and the graphics, and the mouse, and google play. Happiness. Thank.

Rep: (28)
I managed to run Bluetooth on Android 8.1 x64 in the VMware Workstation virtual machine. There are even more dances with a tambourine than on Remix OS (describedhere), but it's worth it: Android 8.1 supports mouse pointer integration, that is, you do not need to press special keys to release the cursor.
It turned out only on x64 - version, on x32 it did not work. Hardware configuration - seeibid.
Sequencing
1. Install Android in VMware Workstation from the image android-x86_64-8.1-r1.iso.
2. In the installed Android, run the Titanium. I was surprised to find that in a freshly installed Android the only application was frozen - Bluetooth. If you defrost it, the system manages to turn on Bluetooth, but it starts to crash constantly with an error.
3. By means of automatically connecting new USB devices to VMware Workstation, forward the Bluetooth adapter to the virtual machine. Since it is impossible to physically pull out the built-in USB device, we use a tricky way: disconnect-enable (ie, “reconnect”) in the Windows Device Manager of the USB Root Hub through which the Bluetooth module is connected. Find the desired hub should be experimentally, but at the same timeyou can inadvertently turn off the mouse and keyboard: you need to make sure in advance that there will be something to turn the hub back on. After off-on When the virtual USB hub is running, the VMware Workstation itself intercepts the Bluetooth adapter and offers to connect it to the virtual machine.
4. With a forwarded Bluetooth adapter, defrost Bluetooth in the virtual machine and turn it on. This is the most problematic - it does not work the first time (and not the fact that it will work at all), the application falls out. Android x32 didn’t work.The Bluetooth module in Windows may go into emergency mode as a result.You will have to delete it in the Device Manager, reconnect the USB hub, restart Windows.
5. If, however, Bluetooth in Android has worked, shut down Android, check and, if necessary, restore Bluetooth to Windows.
6. In the virtual machine settings, enable sharing - Share Bluetooth devices. Download Android, defrost Bluetooth Titanium again (need to defrost after each reboot). Turn on Bluetooth in Android settings. After that, Bluetooth should work again, but through sharing. At the same time, there were no problems with the Bluetooth adapter in Windows.

Rep: (5268)
ask-list @ 02/13/19, 5:53*
Windows Device Manager A root USB hub through which a Bluetooth module is connected. Find the desired hub should be experimentally
In the device manager there is a type of device for connecting. There you will see which hub is connected to.

Rep: (1252)
VMware 14 is installed, but the graphic mode does not start. Only the command line under the root works. If you run the image in Live CD mode - the situation is the same. I tried 7.1 and 8.1. Virtualization is enabled in the BIOS settings. In the settings of the VM itself, 1GB is allocated for graphic memory, 3D acceleration is enabled. What else to look for?
Attached Image

* Road-runner see logcat and dmesg / kmesg. Logcat hangs on port 5555 upon boot. Typically, you can connect from the host. Most likely there will be service drops for one reason or another. So they will need to be put into development.

Rep: (28)
Road-runner @ 02.15.19, 03:20*
graphic mode does not start
You can try adding the nomodeset option to the initialization string. To do this, right after turning on the VM, when the countdown for several seconds is running, click on the VM window and press e, then e again. Add nomodeset to the line, then Enter and b to load with the corrected line. If you boot Android in nomodeset mode, you can adjust the screen resolution through the VM settings in VmWare Workstation: VM Settings - Display - Monitors - Use host settings for monitors - Maximum resolution. By the way, there you can enter any resolution from the list displayed when loading Android with the vga = ask option.

* ask-list By the way, yes, I have been experimenting with loading an android in a virtual machine for a long time and did something similar. Either nomodeset, or the mode of operation changed, or the resolution set its own. I don’t remember exactly. I remember that there were a lot of curses on the creators of the image.
And then the rules in the crippled editor of the kernel boot option.

Rep: (9)
Did anyone manage to run a virtual machine with working bluetooth on a macbook?

Rep: (63)
You can try Fake Wifi Connection

This program requires the Xposed Framework, cat. Also does not work: endless loading, and then freezes

Post has been editedatsareg - 24.02.19, 02:29

* hram13_panteonov ,
The cap says that it is rutted.

* hram13_panteonov,

Smit7564 @ 01/31/14, 15:54*
Now you have an already rooted Android with firmware for developers.

All welcome.

I installed Android 8 on VirtualBox - everything is in order, it was normally installed.

Now I can not find - how to make a switch Russian-English? It seems like Ctrl-Space should work, but this combination doesn’t work for me. How to switch the keyboard?

Rep: (6)
What should I do if I get an error Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for you CPU?

* Steeev64 virtualization in the motherboard BIOS included? What kind of stone and mother?

Rep: (2)
* Laryx ,
win + space, but in the settings of Andryusha set the second layout.
Android 8 HS

Rep: (6)
Smit7564 @ 03/08/19, 10:48 p.m.*
What kind of stone and mother?
included, mobile A12-9720P

Rep: (4)
After launching Android - a black screen. Never after installation did it start. Neither the installation nor the image works. Where to start solving the problem?

-----

I tried different versions of Android 7 and 8. 64-bit versions do not start. It is a pity, I think that they would work faster.

Post has been editedgelo333 - 24.03.19, 18:40

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 11:51