Nokia E90 Communicator - Discussion

Rep: (3)
DiscussionNokia E90 Communicator
Nokia E90 Communicator Description | Discussion пїЅ

Post has been editedracoon - 28.07.09, 17:16

Rep: (12)
dan4 ,
ThisThe article will answer all your questions.

Rep: (1)
~ yUPa ~ @ 11/13/07 1:48:36 p.m.
dan4 ,
ThisThe article will answer all your questions.

Thank.
Let me curiosity yet ... Judging by the dimensions, the device is not from dwarfs ... how convenient (or not) is this device when talking?

Rep: (25)
Let me ask you more ... Judging by the dimensions of the apparatus  not from dwarfs ... how convenient (or not) is this device when talking?

This is for everybody. To someone it seems huge, I don’t worry much - the days are long gone when the small size of the cell phone was important. When talking, it is quite convenient. And you can answer it like this :): "I like women with the figure of Venus, so if you feel, you know - you mum the thing!", I.e. IMHO everything. When buying, you must watch.

Rep: (1)
Prep ,
Seeing HTC on your profile, let me ask you for advice: between the E 90 and HTC TYTN II, what do you recommend?
Sorry for the off top ...

Rep: (14)
It depends on the device.

Rep: (12)
Dan4 @ 11/14/07 8:48:34 p.m.
Judging by the dimensions, the device is not from dwarfs ... how convenient (or not) is this device when talking?

From my own experience I will say the following - because the device is not easy it is better to use a headset (BT), especially if the conversation is delayed.

Rep: (15)
I chose between Toshiba G900 (WVGA) and Nokia E90, I need a large screen for reading .pdf files, on QVGA it is very not convenient, as well as for convenient browsing of the Internet. Took the E90 since:

1. Cool camera (3.2 megapixel + 640 * 480 (30 frames per second) video) - better than on any PDA, communicator. In my opinion, so far no Communicator can write 640 * 480, E90 - it writes and reproduces without problems!

2. More stable as a phone - from my experience when using third-party software, when an incoming call, the communicator may freeze and often freeze up. I had a Qtek 9090 and Windows Smartphone HTC Vox (S710). Both often had to be rebooted. Using E90 for more than 3 months, I rebooted it a maximum of 2-3 times.

3. Toshibi had a lot of flaws at the start of sales. Communicators from the first batch, entering standby mode, were not displayed from it, except by rebooting. In my opinion, most of the problems are currently resolved.

4. The E90 has a more powerful battery and a less energy-intensive percent. = longer run time.

After the acquisition, I was pleasantly surprised by Symbian, which I always considered out of competition with Windows. A stable axis, a lot of Software, a lot of games (mostly java), a reliable manufacturer - constantly improving its software.

In short, I am very pleased with the Nokia E90.

2 dan4. Probably too late to give advice - almost a month has passed after your question! But I completely forgot something about the forum. Yes, and subscription on the topic does not work! But, on the topic: between HTK and Nokia it is difficult to choose, because the first and second manufacturers do things well and soundly. But on OSes, I can say that I fell in love (and it took more than 4 months) Symbian. Stability is what I sometimes want, especially when using the device as an assistant in work. I tried a lot here from htk, but the e90 is the best of communicators - but this is for me, but others can not stand the e90. In general, the question is complex. But, the fact that I almost forgot about this wonderful Internet resource (savagemessiahzine.com) says that I have no questions and troubles with e90. What is missing in e90, or rather in software, is normal, advanced software for working with gas turbine engines. I think software is a bargain - it will appear. And now I use palm trees to organize my time, which is probably right, because only palm can live for 3-4 days without a second delay and only it is truly imprisoned for business in time. The e90 problem is the price, they’ve already gone crazy completely sold out !!! If anyone decides to take it, take it through no Ukrainian - these are the best offers. I just thought for a long time and decided to take it, but the price did not fall at all !!! In general, everything is fun with pricing.

Rep: (0)
People. a question. Does this device support 4g cards? The site says that it seems like only 2g.

they write that it holds.

plz help how to Russify Nokia E90

see https: //mycomm.ru/newforum/viewtopic.php? t = 2833

thanks Cosmofan

My impressions of the week of use:

1) On E90, not all software written for S60 will work smoothly:
a) There may be problems when switching from screen to screen - TomTom, maybe something else;
b) Avaya OneX, JB5, UCweb did not work at all;
c) It seems that not all programs understand the joystick - in Opera, the cursor somehow crookedly moves;
d) In many softwares, the signature for the 1st function key located at the upper right corner of the screen is drawn in the lower left (as with all S60 devices);
d) It seems that ProfiMail 2.70 leads to a spontaneous reboot of the device (not 100% sure yet).

2) 4 GB card - no problem, I only had to buy a new USB-card reader with SDHC support.

3) Navigation:
a) YandexMap and Google Map work with the built-in GPS.
b) The built-in Nokia Map allows you to download maps online or through a desktop. Maps - Teleatlas, respectively the map of Moscow and Peter + expensive European part of the Russian Federation.
c) TomTom does not work with the built-in GPS, it plows with external via Bluetooth.
d) Route66: release 545 internal GPS did not see release 484 hands - did not find ready to use.
d) Garmin - hands did not reach.

4) From the readers (there is a large selection of FB2) put QReader. The problem with the "Big" font is the squares. The rest is normal.

5) The entire Handy family - no problem, did not install only KeyLock, father-in-law built-in function.

6) Battery - enough for a day, but my situation is not typical - there is Intellisync with regular synchronization, and I constantly twist something while in the device.

7) The receiver is very good, you must insert the headphones (antenna), you can listen through them or through the speaker.

8) Audio player - for my inexperienced taste is normal.

9) Video - did not try.

Rep: (155)
4 GB supports but starts to blunt a little.

Rep: (500)
Changes in firmware:

New features:

Misc
* Phonebook search improved
* Contacts helps localized
* Tutorial texts improved
* Improvement to camera shutter sound and CLI setting defaults

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New features:

- Nokia A-GPS service is global assistance data service for Nokia terminals.It provides assistance data in all countries, so it works world-wide Service utilizes GPRS data connection and OMA Secure User Plan Location (SUPL) protocol for transferring assistance data from assistance data service to terminal. WLAN is currently not supported.
- End-user does not need to configure this service. It is immediately available out-of-the-box
- Service works always when GPRS data connection is available. Also during roaming
- Nokia A-GPS service does not depend on operator services. It just requires GPRS data connection. If assistance data cannot be fetched, then terminal works as plain standalone GPS.
- Nokia A-GPS service improves time to first fix in cold-start situations where GPS receiver has been in power off state when location application is engaged.
- Time to first fix is ​​reduced from 40 seconds-2 minutes to 15-30 seconds range greatly improving end-user experience.
- Faster position calculation with A-GPS reduces power consumption.

Maps 1.2
- Improvements with higher zoom level: capital cities and country borders
- Improved map coloring
- Improved 3D view with horizon
- Map provider name shown
- The data download counter
- Improved GPS indicator
- New improved Options-menu
- Improved nearby search interaction
- Improved Guides UI, better readability and Guide interaction
- New China Maps server with detailed China maps - for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan users
- Local font support in Map display in Preloaded maps (map package with local font support) for China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

New navigation products:
- India - Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, Channai, Hyderabad Adriatic plus - Italy, Greece, Austria (parts), Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary (parts)
- Egypt - Cairo, Alexandria
- Mainland China
- Taiwan / China / HK / Macau
- Updates in current navigation products:
- Latvia, Slovenia, Croatia added to Eastern Europe
- Alaska, Puerto Rico added to USA
- Jakarta added to South East Asia
- Guidance downloadable from Map Loader
- About 50m misaligned map data in SW direction for observed areas in Sydney corrected
- Purchasing Navigation - Re-enter CC details every time Application is used for navigation again, fixed on Openbit server

Changes
- Maximum concatenated SMS message amount changed from 10 to 30
- Phone jams while opening a received active note which includes a bookmark and an image
- Mail for Exchange crashed every time with a specific message when opened the message from the Cover UI
- It is not possible to pre-configure the Consumer Push Email service with Vodafone's settings: Email notification
- MMS - Viewing progressive JPG images in QVGA / VGA resolution in PDA display cuts off the image
- Phone doesn't parse a 3 digit number in SMS, MMS or Email

Telephony
- Sometimes phone jammed and reset itself when walked out of the WLAN coverage during VoIP call
- Call time during conference call remained always 00:00:01
- Occasionally the UE sticks to 2G while data transfer is ongoing
- Video Telephony: Sending picture is rotated 90 degrees clockwise
- CS DATA: It is not possible to receive a data call in Mode Terminated Transparent and No Transparent, at 2400 bps, 4800 bps and 9600 bps

Browser
- Browser stability improved, crashing in many web pages corrected
- Cursor jams sometimes inside the input box in browser
- Download Manager crashes sometimes when downloading large files
WAP / WEB table row height calculation corrected
- xHTML MP: "multiple" attribute within a "select" element doesn't work
- Persistent cookies are deleted after power down
- RTSP Redirect Problem: Browser prompts to save 'RtspTemp' when opening a stream and crashes the browser

Media
- Preview pane improved to show protected icon for protected media content
- Very slow to browse content folders with DRM protected content
- Problem to play unprotected m4a content fixed
- Music Player: Album cover art is not properly scaled when opening cover
- FTMDv2: In the DRM whitelist, cannot configure static entries for variant
- FTMDv2: When doing a DRM right upgrade, the new RO not added in the ODF
- AMR-WB playing paused in the last 2 sec
- Listening of the FM radio does not succeed after the voice call
- APN change not working if stream is initiated with a SDP file
- Streaming - Unable to stream from bbc.co.uk
- Java: Expected exceptions not thrown when testing SVGElement class
- Java: Screen saver activate for active program
- Java: An Alert with a long text message is not entirely displayed
- Java: Push registration for SSL and file fails
- Characters are wrongly displayed when key 2 and 3 is pressed in Java midlet

Cover and PDA UI
- Cannot stop / snooze clock alarm on PDA if device is locked
- UI layout problem in Wireless Keyboard application fixed
- Device indicates CB based HZ in GPRS packet transfer mode
- Dual Line SIM - Lines are displayed incorrectly after a message
- The "#" key doesn't work well during videomail deposit

Connectivity
- WLAN networks with long beacon interval were not always found
- Download over the WLAN stopped occasionally after EAP reauthentication
- WLAN-browsing via A1-hotspot very instable
- Volume adjusting from mobile does not change volume level in Bluetooth headset
- Infrared icon animation fault corrected
- PoC-Weird message is shown in 1to1 session

General
- The phone does not always recognize automatically the language from the SIM card
- "SIM Card registration failed" note is sometimes shown and a reboot is needed to get back in service
- Certificate of Datamover.sis file updated in Data Transfer (Switch) application
- Start Up Settings fails to configure Viettel network settings
- USAT File Change Notification support added
- MS does not display default APN for Titan Lite Test SIMs
- SMSC is not re-read from SIM after switch on if IMSI has not changed
- BIS 5-click provisioning does not start automatically
- When downloading Visto client, "File Corrupted" error message shown but the file still installs successfully
- UE doesn't trigger event 6d in Compressed mode
- Very high power consumption for Video call and Audio + Video streaming
- GUSIM SIM Lock error on Vodafone Australia corrected
- Adobe can not follow cover opening

Localization
- Localization issues corrected in many applications
- Blackberry client - Installation of the 'BlackBerry Connect Desktop' - False spelling of the word 'Soll' '
- Blackberry client - At the device, some Menu options are in different Languages ​​displayed, in German and English Language
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New features:

- PDP context related error reported by Vodafone Greek
- Xloader usage improved

Yes, firmware 07.40.1.2 fundamentally changes the situation with GPS - an updated version of Nokia Map, faster startup, more stable communication!
This is from what immediately catches the eye, otherwise the changes are not so noticeable.

Rep: (17)
The people of the owners of the subject who moved with WM, honestly share your experience, is surfing happy or not?
I want to take it just for the sake of comfortable surfing, the netachscreen is embarrassing, although I talked closely with Simba in the distant past, there were memories as a less buggy system than WM.
Tell me how things are with the simba today with warez, are we limited today or not in the desired software?

Rep: (3)
Kamp ,
This machine was able
What I didn’t like: Dimensions, Batteries with active use, max enough for 1 day is rather heavy and big!
What worked: The keyboard was an excellent display before buying that it was too narrow but no, everything was fine! for surfing the internet is ideal for email typing documents, etc. perfect keyboard is great!
but because I had 2 sims, e90 and n95 8gb took instead of the e90 X7500 they cost about the same! : victory:
According to Soft: With a change in the interface (themes) there will be problems, you need to look for a topic specifically for all displays other topics will be stretched!
A lot of software does not get up, but the necessary type Qip Opera works! A player for watching videos also needs to be looked for which stretches the video on the screen of the E90 as such! Software is enough, but it needs to be selected for the E90, namely for its display! Symbian is more stable than Wm if you need a stable and reliable machine, take it without thinking! : wink_kind:

Post has been editedlayer2222 - 03.02.08, 01:04

Rep: (17)
Thank. I think yes, I’ll take it, I’m tired of troubles with the telephone part of the communes and the 2.8 screen is too small for an Internet, I often began to take Iphone from my wife to search the sites, I almost bought myself an apple, it's good that I noticed this unit, but the price doubts are overstated and tormented that in a couple of months, just in time for the beach season, WM Iphone-clones will start to grow like mushrooms ... I’ll suffer another day and will probably buy it)

Then someone wrote that in the opera the joystick works crookedly, is this the case with everyone?
Still on this occasion, she is interested in how the zoom works in the native browser and is it possible to fit the Internet page in the horizontal size of the window?
It works a day with active use, which means that if you talked for 10-15 minutes a day, then the next day you have enough charge for talking or not? (meaning without Internet, video and other, in phone mode)

Well, Athena is certainly attractive, but it’s difficult to call it a handheld device, and in similar dimensions I still have not used up Q1 samsung.

Post has been editedKamp - 03.02.08, 01:41

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 2:00 a.m.