> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

375 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> PocketBook 626 | E-Ink Pearl HD
vadeus
Message#1
18.01.14, 19:31
Reader
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 40855
Check in: 03.01.06
Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos

DiscussionPocketBook 626 / 626+
Attached ImagePocketBook 626, 626+, PocketBook Touch Lux 2 / Lux 3
Description | Firmware | FAQ by vitendo | Dictionaries
PocketBook 622 | PocketBook 623 | PocketBook 624 | PocketBook 626

FAQ onPocketBook 626/626 + / Touch Lux 2/3:

������� ����� � �����! � �� ���� ����� system download

!!!
  • How to open access to hidden folders?
    See detailed instructions in pictures for Windows XP, Vista, 7 ->here
    Attention!!! Do not forget to remove the tick from the point " Hide protected system files (recommended) "
  • I do not see system / hidden files and folders when I connectPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2to the computer. What to do? Where and how can I find system / hidden files and folders?
    On the computer (BB, PC), in the settings of the Explorer, you must enable the display of "Hidden and system folders and files."
    For Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:
    Attached Image

• I still did not understand anything (a). You can somehow find a folder differently.system?
    If you do not want to bother with the view of hidden and system folders, you can simply add the system to the address line where the drive letter is displayed (F: \ system should turn out, where F: \ is the letter of the connected reader).
    It will be necessary to write with your hands once, then you just need to select this item in one click with the mouse.
    Attached Image

Originalmessagethe author, thankvitendo

-
Programs, games, design
Attention!!! Not all programs, dictionaries and themes are suitable forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2, they must be checked for performance !!! those. Download, install and test.
* If you do not have an archiver Winrar , use the archiver 7-Zip 9.30 Final Portable Rus (free and does not require installation).
* If you have not installed Adobe Acrobat Reader , then to read the files * .pdf use the program SumatraPDF-2.4 Portable Rus (free and does not require installation).

Fonts
  • How to install a font? Is it possible toPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2install new fonts?
      To install new fonts onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2, you need to connect your e-book to your computer, and copy the necessary fonts into the folder/ system / fonts in the internal memory of the device.

• What font would you recommend to read books onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
      Academy, 30 , because default / default setting fonts are not very contrast, so it is better to install uzhirnnye fonts, the text will look better (default font - Georgia, Georgia Eink20)
      screenshots
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image

• And where can I download additional / good / contrast fonts forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
    • Georgia25 Font from Onyx Buxtor Firmware (Georgia Kit 15, 20, 25) ->GeorgiaOnyx
    • Nice serif font ->Academy.zip
    • Nice sans serif font ->PFHandbookPro-Regular.zip
    • And a bunch of fonts ->7_ebook_fonts.rar
    • Mirandolina Font ->Mirandolina.rar
      (Advice for Kulrider - if the letters are dancing in height, disable the hinting of the font)
    • Font Philosopher ->Philosopher.rar
    • Font Myriad Pro ->MyriadPro.rar
      Note: Mirandolina and Myriad Pro fonts in the OpenType Font format (.otf). But fortunately most devices and readers are friendly with this format. And if anyone has any problems, the Internet is full of online converters.)))
      Originalmessagefromxoronzon

• Where else can you see good fonts to read?

• How to change the font size is not in a separate book, but for all books at once?
      One time change and the font will be the same in all books in fb2; In the epub - I do not know, I do not use, in my opinion, there are glitches.

Dictionaries

• Where to get, how to install and other questions related to dictionaries forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2:
      ForPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2, the same dictionaries as for PocketBook Touch are suitable. Full FAQ and dictionaries themselves are here ->Dictionary FAQ

• I can not understand. Where to get explanatory and other dictionaries forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
      Attention!!! Collection of dictionaries forPocketbookhere ->Dictionaries

Firmware, computer connection (PC, BB)
  • Official support sitesPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2
    Firmware, user manual, etc.

• Instructions for updating the firmwarePocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2

• What operating system is installed onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
      OnPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2installed the kernel of the operating system Linux 3.0.8.
      On top of the Linux kernel is its own proprietary shell from PocketBook.

• Does it make sense to update the firmware if there are no obvious problems with the device?
      If everything suits you in terms of the performance of the e-book, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
      Firmware is recommended to update with global changes in the software.

• When updating the firmware, is it necessary to flash versions 1-2-3-4 sequentially or can I flash from any version to any version? 1-4, 3-2?
      You can install any firmware, either upgrade / upgrade, or downgrade / downgrade. The sequence is not important.

• Firmware 5. * forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2

• Firmware 4. * forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2

Firmware versions for other countries (W):
    • Attached ImageW626.4.4.1151 -> off.site

• What is the difference between CIS firmware and R?
      1) The difference is in the implementation of the web store (in R it is a separate application; in CIS it is a page in the browser).
      2) Different screensavers.

• What interface languages ​​contain series firmwareRandCIS?
      list of languages
      Azerbaijani
      English
      Arab
      Belorussian
      Bulgarian
      Dutch
      Greek
      Georgian
      Jewish
      Spanish
      Italian
      Kazakh
      Chinese
      Latvian
      Lithuanian
      Deutsch
      Polish
      Portuguese
      Romanian
      Russian
      Slovak
      Turkish
      Ukrainian
      Finnish
      French
      Czech
      Estonian

• How to return to the old firmwarePocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
    How to run downgrade onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
    How to manually update the firmware onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?

In order to return to the old firmwarePocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2(perform downgrade), or upgrade the firmware version:
      1) download old / new / needed firmware
      2) flash it with the “Manual Update” method by downloadingInstructions for updating the firmwarePocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2file * .pdfor by reading:
      Instructions for updating the firmwarePocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2
      Manual update
      1. Open sitewww.pocketbook-int.com. Select a country (or see the direct link to the desired firmware in the topic header).
      2. In the top menu, clickSupport. Select your device model
      3. Download the firmware file from PC to PCFirmware
      4. Unzip the contents of the archive, the SWUPDATE.BIN file, into the root folder of a microSD card (recommended) or the internal memory.
      5. Turn off the device by pressing the key.On off
      6. Press and hold buttonsForward and Back ;
      7. Turn on the Device by pressing the key.On off . Hold the buttons Forward and Back before the message appears on the screen Firmware update ...

Note: If the firmware file is located in the root folder of the Device, then during the update procedure it has a higher priority than the file that is on the SD card.

• Mistake --Timeout turning off- when updating the device firmware
      Question:
      When I try the firmware (I do everything as stated on the off site), the following happens to me: the device finds the firmware file, unpacks it, it seems to start flashing, and then it displays on the displayTimeout turning offand that is all! Please tell me what it can be and how to deal with it?
      I tried both through external and internal memory, as well as through the built-in update module, the result is the same ...
      Answer1:
      To upgrade the firmware,PocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2It must be connected to the USB port of the computer in the charging mode of the device.
      Answer2:
      To upgrade the firmware,PocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2You can connect to any charger with a Micro-USB connector (for example from Nokia).

• How to connectPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2to the computer?
      When connectedPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2to the computer, it connects automatically, does not require additional drivers. Connected to computerPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2is defined as a flash drive (removable media). Before connecting to PC,PocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2must be enabled. On the device itselfPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2, in the "Settings ->Connection ->USB mode, should be "Ask when connected" or "PC connection".
      screenshots
      Attached Image

If there are any problems with the connection, you must perform the following steps:
      1) Delete the problem device in the “Device Manager” of Windows and perform the hardware configuration update, i.e. search for new equipment.
      2) Remove the USB flash drive / memory card and try to connectPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2without her.
      3) Run "reset settings" ->menu "Settings" - "Maintenance" - "Reset settings" - "Yes"
      If this does not solve the problem, then try the following:
      4) check / replace the USB connection cable
      5) check the connector on the book (at least the book should be charged)
      6) hold "formatting internal memory"
      7) reflashPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2again
      If all of the above methods did not help - carryPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2to the service center.

General issues

• How do PocketBook 622/623/624/626 models differ from each other?
      Compare these products here ->tyrts

comparative table of models PocketBook 622/623/624/626
      Attached Image

The fundamental difference between PocketBook 626 and PocketBook 623 / Touch2 / Lux
      In addition to the transferred indicator light on the power button, adding the word "Lux" to the name of the reader, and the lack of audio output (audio player loss and text-to-speech), changes were made:
      - Processor: 1000 MHz (200 MHz frequency more)
      - batteries: 1500 mAh (500 mAh more capacity)
      - RAM: 256 MB (2 times more)
      - supported book formats: MOBI and ACSM added to the list
      - backlight: less visible light from the LEDs at the bottom of the screen

This not very large list could be complemented by a thinning of the reading room by a millimeter, and an increase in mass by ten grams, but it can’t be attached to significant changes.

Another thing is the battery: on the characteristics page 626 it is marked asLi-ion, and at 623 asLithium-pol; I think it's worth discussing.

A no less important topic for discussion is the comparison of the increased speed of opening and scrolling through pages in PDF / DJVU books. But first you need to make measurements.

Before purchasing a reader from a customer, there will obviously be a difficulty in choosing between 623 and 626: to have Text-To-Speech with an audio player (the latter is often useful for learners of foreign languages.), or save money (which is also important), and get more performance when reading thick books - and the choice is not for everyone.

Extremely exaggerating, we can say that the choice consists in determining what the SD card will be filled with: audio books or magazines.

OriginalmessagefromElidevin

• Where to see reviewsPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?

• What version of the modelPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2exist?
    * - technical characteristics of all models are the same.
    ** - models differ in color and screensaver pictures
      PocketBook 626:
        PB626-Y-RU - Dark Gray
        PB626-D-RU - White

PocketBook Touch Lux 2:
        PB626-Y-CIS - Gray (Gray)
        PB626-D-CIS - White

• Is it possible to use power supplies from other devices with the same connector as charging? The device will not burn?
      Answer: Can.

• How to understand that the e-book is fully charged?
      1. Connect the device with a computer or charger using a USB cable. The indicator will light up as soon as charging starts.
      2. When the battery is fully charged, the indicator will turn off. . You can now disconnect the cable from the Device and turn it on for use.

• And what are the parameters of the charger forPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
      Answer: 5V 1A (1000 mA)

• How long does it take to charge a book for the first time? And in what mode on or off?
      Answer: Hours 8-10 for the first time from an external charger, and put on charging turned on, and then turn off.

• At times residual traces of images appear, is this normal and what can be done about it?
      This is normal, the default screen update is “Every 3 pages”.
      You can set a constant update: "Settings" ->"Appearance" ->"Full update" ->"Is always"

• Over time, the pixels of the book fade (fade)?
      Answer: Not!
      The same can be read about the aging screens E-ink ->here

• How to save a web page with pictures on your computer so that you can then read it onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2?
      Option 1: Install the program " doPDF "And save the page in the format * .pdf .
      Option2: If you have a need to drive a web page into * .fb2 file, you can try to use the below service. An ideal result is not guaranteed, bugs are also available, but on print versions (the display options of the forum are>version for printing) you can get nice files:
      Go to the resourcehttp://web2fb2.net/and paste the link to the page you want to save. Select the format of the saved file* .fb2 or * .ePUB .
      The author of this service can be found here ->On-line service: web 2 fb2

• I would like to read magazines onPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2. Format files* .pdfseverely inhibit, really read?
    Are there special magazine formats for e-books and how are these formats called?

Logs in format* .pdf read on screen in 6 "is extremely inconvenient.
      Some magazines can be found in "normal" book formats, such as fb2. From the "special" formats on the book are read at least* .pdf , * .cbr , * .zip , * .rar , * .cbz , * .tar , * .tgz
      Recommended topic for study ->The best e-book reader pdf

• Found an interesting book, and a reading program inPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2Does not support the font that is in this book. Please tell me how to solve the problem?
      Option 1: Find and install the desired font.
      Option2: Convert a book in a normal format (for example in fb2), with a standard font.
      Option3: To read such a book, try disabling the built-in font in the reading program. FBReader �.
      Option4: Find this book in a normal format (fb2), with a normal font.

• What is a Fb2 validator?
      Validator "Is a tool / instrument / method / program for determining validity (correctness or compliance with standards).
      Fb2 validator "Is a program / utility for checking the correctness of the file structure * .fb2 and conformity with the standard format fb2 .

• Where can I downloadFb2validator?

• Is there anyepubvalidator?

• Where can I download the converterfb2 ->epub?

• But still -EpuborFB2? What is their difference or what is it?Epuband why he does not replaceFB2?

• Does the external memory card have to be formatted in fat32 or can it be in ntfs?
      The card must be formatted infat / fat32 ntfs does not roll.
      Originalmessagefromvadeus

• I have a 64Gb card, how can I format it in FAT32?
      How to format a 64Gb card in FAT32

For many, it is no secret that the memory of your Andrid-smartphone can be increased using a Micro SD card. Currently, these cards are divided into three categories: Micro SD, Micro SDHC and Micro SDXC. In this article I will not go into the details of each type of card, because This information is sufficient in the network. I will indicate only the fundamental difference for us. Micro SD cards can be a maximum capacity of up to 2 GB, Micro SDHC from 4 GB to 32 GB (currently in mass use) and Micro SDXC from 64 GB and up to 2 TB (theoretically, almost at the moment there are 64 GB and 128 GB cards). Cards differ not only in the amount of memory, but also in various file systems. For example, Micro SD - FAT system, Micro SDHC - FAT32, Micro SDXC - theoretically only exFAT (in fact, this is not so, which will be discussed below). In addition, the user's device for reading cards must support a certain type of cards. The situation is simple: if the device supports SDXC cards, then it also supports earlier generations - SD and SDHC.

Recently, quite a lot of Micro SD cards with a capacity of 64 GB have appeared, but alas, while most Android smartphones do not officially support Micro SD cards of more than 32 GB. In fact, the smartphone is able to read a 64 GB card and work correctly with it if you carry out simple operations with the card before installation. All well-known manufacturers of Micro SDXC cards initially format them into the exFAT system, since this system is designed for large-capacity cards. Since this system was created by Microsoft, the manufacturers of Android smartphones must buy the rights to use it in order for the smartphone to work with this system. I think you understand that companies are still reluctant to spend on extra costs, and therefore very few devices support the exFAT system on memory cards, and they work with the FAT32 system. Many have already guessed: in order for your smartphone to work with a 64 GB card, it only needs to be formatted into the FAT32 system. But it turns out that this is not quite easy to do. The fact is that the FAT32 system itself theoretically supports only media (cards, partitions, etc.) only up to 32 GB, but in practice it can work very well with carriers up to 64 GB. The only problem that can be encountered with this is a small loss of speed when reading / writing from the card, but it will be almost unnoticeable. Next, we will look at how to correctly format the Micro SDXC card in the FAT32 system so that a smartphone that does not support this type of card will be seen by the cardDO NOT LEAVE FOR SOME TIME .

1) The SDXC card MUST BE FORMATTED ONLY IN THE DEVICE SUPPORTING THIS TYPE OF CARDS . Those. Your card reader must support Micro SDXC cards (or SDXC, if you insert a card through an adapter). In many reviews on store websites, you can see reviews in which users format 64 GB cards in a smartphone that supports a 32 GB card, after which the card fails after a few months. In no case can this be done! Otherwise, your card will fail from 1 day to several months. If you do not have a card reader that supports SDXC, you can buy it at a price of 250 rubles or more (for example, a fine version of the card reader). Transcend RDF5 (link to the official website)). Compared to the cost of the card, this is a negligible amount and a very small price for your "live" card and the saved data.

So, format the SDXC card ONLY in a device that supports SDXC.
      2) Since most users have a Windows operating system installed on their computer, we will consider the formatting option from it. If you have a Windows XP operating system, install the update on it, which has support for the exFAT file system. In Windows 7 and Windows 8, this support is already available.
      3) Maybe when you insert a new card into the card reader, Windows will display a message that the card is not formatted. In this case, first format it with the utility.SDFormatter(link to the official website of the program) to the exFAT system. In any case, I recommend this utility for formatting your card if it is not read / read incorrectly. This program formats SD / micro SD cards in accordance with the specification.
      4) Formatting a 64 GB card into the FAT32 file system will fail with the standard Windows method, so we will use the utilityGuiformat.

Attached Image

The program is specifically designed to format media larger than 32 GB into the FAT32 file system. If the utility gives an error before formatting, perform step 3 (first format the program SDFormatter), which is still better to perform. ATTENTION! In order for the smartphone to correctly see the Micro SDXC, select a cluster size of 32 KB! It is better to use quick formatting (Quick), there is no need to complete it.
      5) If you have done everything strictly in accordance with the above recommendations, then your card is ready. Your Android smartphone will see it and show the correct amount of 59, XX GB. With the card you can work, write / read files, but NEVER FORMAT it in your smartphone. The card will serve you for a long time faithfully.

P.S. From the author of the article: I recommend using only the utilities mentioned in this article. In other cases, a successful outcome may not work. The experiment was carried out with a Sandisk Micro SDXC 64 GB card and a Huawei Ascend D1 (U9500) smartphone. Waiting for your feedback, questions and results with other cards and devices. I wish you good volumes in your smartphone!

Originalmessagefrom Sergsinger .

• For some reasonPocketBook 626 / Touch Lux 2does not read Vord files, i.e. documents with the extension * .doc, * .docx?
      Because ofEVERYTHING readers are crookedly reading formats MS Office . The best option - * .fb2 / fb2.zip , the rest - bullshit.
      Originalmessagefromvadeus

Sticky files

Post has been editedvadeus - 04.10.16, 18:21
Reason for editing: update
boiston
Message#2
21.01.14, 01:26
Local
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 105
Check in: 04.10.12

I just want to wait a little with the acquisition of touch 2, but take just such a model! According to the characteristics wins, plus the cost will have to be 1000 cheaper!

Who knows when sales officially start?
1podnebom
Message#3
26.01.14, 22:19
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 0
Check in: 09.02.13

Today gave such a friend - all the buzz)

Post has been edited1podnebom - 26.01.14, 22:19
boiston
Message#4
31.01.14, 01:41
Local
[online]

Messages 105
Check in: 04.10.12

1podnebom @ 01.26.2014, 23:19*
Today gave such a friend - all the buzz)

How so presented? He's not even on sale yet! Give zinc to the place where you can buy !!!

I can assume that you have some other version of PocketBook, but not 626.
codename48
Message#5
01.02.14, 09:57
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 13.09.08

Ukrainian stores sell already.
For example,
http://rozetka.com.ua/…uch_lux2_grey/p433684/
KIDel
Message#6
01.02.14, 12:47
User
[offline]

Messages 77
Check in: 16.12.08
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Ukrainian stores sell already.
For example,
http://rozetka.com.ua/…uch_lux2_grey/p433684/

This link is a strange product, the picture is clearly not from 626, in the characteristics for example, there is no DropBox, although comments like about 626 ...
If you lookcomparison of models, you definitely have to wait and buy it, it absorbed all the advantages of PocketBook Touch 2 and PocketBook 626.
zikasak
Message#7
01.02.14, 14:01
Guru
[online]

Messages 10505
Check in: 22.10.08
Samsung Galaxy S10 + 8/128

Bloodminer
Message#8
02.02.14, 15:10
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 596
Check in: 12.06.09
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29

We are waiting for the sale in Russia. I can not understand whether the screen is lighter there. I compared 624 and 623 (624 tachfilm already stands) did not notice the difference
re4om
Message#9
02.02.14, 20:53
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 36
Check in: 26.09.12

Tell me on those. Characteristics or who have a request on their hands to check - will the backlight turn off to zero or not (as on the Kindle Paperwhite on the firmware does not turn off)?
vadeus
Message#10
02.02.14, 20:54
Reader
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 40855
Check in: 03.01.06
Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos

Re4om @ 02.02.2014, 21:53*
the backlight will turn off to zero or not

At 623 it turns off. This is only for KPW - no, with the rest of the backlit readers off.

--------------------
PocketBook 632/623/903,Onyx MK3, Kindle, NST / NSTwGL (CR), Sony T1 / 350
Phones: Siemens CX65>Qtek 2020i>Motorola l7>Mitac Mio A502>HTC Hero>Philips W732>SGS 5 Mini (LTE)>SGS 6>SGS9.
PDA: HP iPAQ hx2110>Gpad g11>Nexus 7 3G>SGT Pro 8.4 LTE + SGT S 10.5 (wi-fi).
re4om
Message#11
02.02.14, 21:36
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 36
Check in: 26.09.12

Vadeus @ 02.02.2014, 19:54*
At 623 it turns off

About 623 heard. I just thought that Pocketbooks could have followed Kindl’s footsteps ... After all, in Peipervayt "no backlight" pages look whiter ...
demp77
Message#12
02.02.14, 22:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 301
Check in: 01.10.09
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime

I got the subject as a gift to my wife, now I'm sitting playing. The selection criterion was the presence of the backlight, the presence of hard buttons for paging and the touch E-inca + omnivorous format with a price of up to $ 200, and of course normal quality. First, choose between Nook glowligh and Booken Cybook Odyssey. The Nook on board the android with the possibility of a root and the appearance of a heap of additional buns, but here scared off the reviews about the often-cracking for no reason, even with a neat home reading, light guide plate. Sobs-but in the demo room the shop in the shop window Nook-e saw it with his own eyes. Thin brightly glowing on the background of the risk screen, let's say - reading after the appearance of this becomes unpleasant, although with the backlight turned off these cracks are invisible. In addition, on Nuku (forgive me, its owners) slop backlighting with several dark areas on the screen.
In Booken Cybook Odyssey, I really liked the backlight, but upset the FB2 support curve (it does not remember the flat open page, but throws off at the beginning of the chapter) and, pardon me, no hours (I understand that they are not happy, but still ...) . Probably this will be fixed in the next firmware, but I want to read it already. As a result, I stopped at PocketBook 626. In theory, it eliminated two major drawbacks of the previous model - inhibition when working with PDF (% 1 GHz vs. 800 MHz) and a weak battery (1500 mAh vs. 1000 mAh for its predecessor).
The store compared with its predecessor (623rd model). The first difference - the LED located at the 623rd m / o paging buttons is now on the bottom of the power button (as for me - plus). The second lack of a headphone jack and the sound path as a whole. Again, as for me - an extra pribluda in ebuk, high-quality sound there still will not be in life. The screen coverage is slightly different, not sure that this glass was told in the store, but it is more pleasant to the touch than the 623rd. The most pleasant difference is the backlight. Taking up the 623rd and 626th differences are immediately visible. At 623, the divergent "rays" from the LEDs are visible in the lower part, if you look at the screen from above, the LEDs themselves are clearly visible. In addition, the screen is clearly unevenly lit. Below, near the LEDs, overextended zones, in the center, on the contrary, the screen is darkened. At the minimum backlighting, everything is smooth - as the brightness level increases, the unevenness of the screen illumination increases to uncomfortable (subjectively). In the 626th model with this order. The backlight is uniform and the LEDs are not visible. Only the bottom edge of the screen is slightly dimmed, but the dimming zone does not enter the text of the book, but is located only in the service information zone. The color shade of the LEDs with a light blue is cold, but without the cyanosis of the Nook. Compared to Amazon paperwhite, sabzh has more blue. Wi-Fi works smartly; it sees points smaller than a laptop, but larger than a Chinese tablet (Cube U30GT2). The backlight turns on by turning off by long pressing the right button, as with its predecessor.
About speed. Climbing the menu of the book and the built-in readers is quite leisurely - the same Amazon makes it faster. With FB2 it works well. Working with PDF - a nine-meter manual to the photic in PDF scrolls very quickly, without any suspensions or brakes. There are PocketBook-shop, Dropbox and "Book by e-mail" services in the firmware, but have not checked their work yet [s].
A spoon of tar - an awkward button on / off. Small, tight and made almost flush,though - a matter of habitThis button is still uncomfortable: (In summary, while the reader is satisfied.
UPDThe firmware seems to be similar to its predecessor, installed CoolReader according to the instructions from the 622nd model branch. In addition, the file extensions.cfg contains mp3 and wav "mp3: @Music_file: 3: play.app: ICON_MP3
wav: @Music_file: 3: play.app: ICON_MP3 ":)))

Post has been editeddemp77 - 02.02.14, 23:57
Reason for editing: put a cool reader

--------------------
Xiaomi RedMi2 2014813
MIUI Pro 5.11.5
Nixen
Message#13
04.02.14, 08:41
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Check in: 22.10.10
Oneplus 6 8GB RAM

demp77,
Tell me, are the LEDs located below? Do not strain your eyes?
demp77
Message#14
04.02.14, 20:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 301
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime

Tell me, are the LEDs located below? Do not strain your eyes?

LEDs, apparently, below. And they do not strain so much that I am not even sure whether they are definitely below. :-)

--------------------
Xiaomi RedMi2 2014813
MIUI Pro 5.11.5
slavan1
Message#15
05.02.14, 16:15
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1093
Check in: 11.07.10
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) SM-A9100

The user manual is similar to 623, and if not, where can I download it?
Stopkin
Message#16
05.02.14, 16:36
intravenous coffee
[online]

Messages 11107
Check in: 27.12.09
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64

slavan1,And in the reader there?

--------------------
HTC Touch2- Lenovo P770_ROW_S113_130424 - Xiaomi Redmi 4X 3/32- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64
PocketBook 301 - lBook v3ext - Kindle Wi-Fi SO JB RU KBCR3
Summoner
Message#17
06.02.14, 22:10
Moscow - Hamburg
[offline]

Messages 2362
Check in: 18.12.05
Honor 8 FRD-L09

demp77,
Do you have any performance problems?
Judging by the reviews brakes 626 stronger than 623
http://youtu.be/DY7EgQRdv4o
They promise to fix it in a new firmware

--------------------
EMUI 8
demp77
Message#18
06.02.14, 22:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 301
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime

Summoner @ 06.02.2014, 21:10*
demp77,
Do you have any performance problems?
Judging by the reviews brakes 626 stronger than 623
http://youtu.be/DY7EgQRdv4o
They promise to fix it in a new firmware

Right, right and right again. The device is really thoughtful, and at the press of a button it responds with a percentage of commercially 30-40% faster than the same commands given by the sensor. I didn’t worry about it, because The problem clearly lies in the area of ​​raw firmware not optimized for the new percent. I am just confused by the question - what kind of evil spirit makes the manufacturers of readers read into the backlight LEDs with a cool shade. In the same lauded Kindle paperwhite-2, the backlight also casts a cool shade. Technical need or just another stupidity generated by marketing?

--------------------
Xiaomi RedMi2 2014813
MIUI Pro 5.11.5
zikasak
Message#19
06.02.14, 22:39
Guru
[online]

Messages 10505

Next week will be released firmware, correcting problems with the sensor.

slavan1
Message#20
07.02.14, 09:19
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1093
Check in: 11.07.10
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) SM-A9100

Next week will be released firmware, correcting problems with the sensor.

On the pagesupportThere is no this device, where then it can be downloaded?

Post has been editedslavan1 - 07.02.14, 09:24
zikasak
Message#21
07.02.14, 09:34
Guru
[online]

Messages 10505

slavan1,
Well, it will appear. I am not a PocketBook worker. Just conveyed their words from The-ebook

Post has been editedzikasak - 07.02.14, 09:34

375 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/28/19, 17:46