Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Discussion | [tabletpc] 8 "tablet with Windows 8.1 and Wacom stylus support
Windows 10
Have you upgraded your OS to Windows 10? How do you feel?
Updated, pleased with everything. [ 293 ] ** [27,33%]
I updated it, I do not like everything, but I will leave the system. [ 247 ] ** [23,04%]
Updated, did not like, returned to Windows 8.1. [ 196 ] ** [18,28%]
Not yet updated. [ 336 ] ** [31,34%]
Total votes: 1072

Rep: (54)
Asus VivoTab Note 8
Picture ASUS VivoTab Note 8, M80TA
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Device characteristics
  • Screen: 8-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels (WXGA) with Wacom stylus support (1000 different levels of sensitivity);
  • CPU: Intel Atom Z3740 ( Bay trail ) with a clock frequency of 1.86 GHz;
  • RAM: 2 GB;
  • Inner memory: 32 or 64 GB + slot for microSD;
  • Main camera: 5 Mp; front camera: 1 MP;
  • Communication Interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS, Miracast, microUSB, 3.5 mm;
  • GPS: there is ;
  • Sensors: Position sensor, gyroscope, compass, light sensor .;
  • Battery: Li-Polymer 3 950 mAh (up to 8 hours of operation from a single charge);
  • Operating system: Windows 8.1 x86 ;
  • Dimensions: 220.9 x 133.8 x 10.95 mm, weight 380 grams;
  • Price: $ 299 for a version with 32 GB of internal memory, $ 349 for a version with 64 GB of internal memory.
More complete information on iron
  • eMMC drive Hynix HBG4e
  • GPS, GLONASS receiverBroadcom GNSS BCM4752(GPS,GLONASS , QZSS, SBAS, AGPS support, up to 59 satellites)
  • Light sensorCapella Micro CM3218x
  • AccelerometerInvenSense Sensor(possibly "9-axis")
  • Intel Audio SST Audio Device
  • Audio Realtek I2S Audio
  • Wi-Fi Broadcom 802.11 a / b / g / n + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Wireless SDIO
  • CameraAptina MT9M114(1.3MP, max. 1288x968 pixels, 720p)
  • CameraOmniVision OV5693(5MP, max. 2592x1944 pixels, 720p, 1080p)
  • Intel Bay Trail USB ControllerUSB 3.0 xHCI (works only in 2.0 mode)

Reviews and Reviews
Mini-FAQ (Read all required)
Be sure to readFAQon our device. It contains answers to the most popular problems and questions from users, especially beginners.
  • Once again about the problems with stylus:

• Problems with the stylus on this tablet were only in the first year after the start of sales of the tablet. To date, reviews of poor performance styluses are almostnot. Those who had a problem either decided it by going to the SC, or reinstalling the drivers, or opening the tablet and cleaning the loops. All solutions are in the FAQ and in posts in this topic.
    A short list of posts on solving problems with the stylus with the disassembly of the tablet:Tablet disassembly + Post 1, Post 2, Post 3, Post 4
  • Some tips for upgrading to Windows 10:

• First, backup your Windows 8.1, not with standard tools, but with some proven software like Acronis True Image. There are a lot of reviews in the topic that a dozen have wiped the regular recovery to 8.1. Secondly - as with 8.1 - it is recommended to make a completely clean installation of the system with manual installation of all drivers. However, keep in mind - to get a licensed updated WIndows 10 - you must first upgrade to dozens, activate it - and only then install it from scratch. Third, drivers from 8.1 are suitable, but it is highly recommended to check for drivers specifically for Windows 10 (especially with the stylus). And the fourth - before updating, it is recommended to remove the Wacom drivers, because for some users then the stylus does not work after updating to 10 until they update or remove the drivers.
  • When upgrading from Windows 10 to build 10586, the tablet hangs by 40%:

• Before updating, you must remove the memory card.
  • A few notes about the use of bootable recovery tools on our tablet:

• We do not have BIOS, but EFI, and accordingly all boot images that are not compatible with EFI x86 will not boot. In fact, the only correct boot recovery mode is currently Windows 8.1 PE or Windows 10 PE, or MSDaRT versions 8 and 10. The GRUB bootloader of course supports booting from EFI x86, but almost 99% of the recovery tools on the Internet are written under the MBR, which No to EFI.
  • Regarding the previous question - can you install Linux?

• Yes, it is possible, but with the drivers and the speed of work trouble, images or distributions optimized for our hardware are not. There is a more or less customized Ubuntu build for a fellow Asus T100 with similar hardware:Asus T100 Ubuntu Community Page
  • Is it possible to install Android?

• It is impossible. The image from Intel for the Bay Trail platform works only with EFI x64 and will not start on our tablet. You can install pure Android - but the lack of drivers makes this system absolutely slow and inefficient. If you strongly want Android, useBlueStacks App PlayerorAMIDuOS. At the beginning of 2016, it was possible to install on the RemixOS tablet, including in DualBoot mode. For May 2016, the sound does not work, auto-rotate the screen, the tablet may hang out of the blue. Link to post with information:Asus VivoTab Note 8
  • What you need to check before buying:

• UserHuugo_Lenji gave a detailed answer to this question in by this post
  • I want to buy a tablet, but I am tormented by the problem of the stylus:

• Look at the first question in this Mini-FAQ, read the FAQ and look at previous polls in the corresponding spoiler in the header of this topic. If you immediately to the point - most of the problems with the stylus is not. And do not forget - all manufacturers have a marriage!
  • My stylus does not work well:

• Update the driver for the stylus to the latest for your current OS. If you have Windows 10, install the drivers only for Windows 10. Also in the new revision of the tablet, a program for correcting the touch panel was noticed. Read more -here.
  • Should I upgrade my tablet to Windows 10:

• Currently (September 2015) there are no problems with upgrading to Windows 10, however, Windows 10 itself is worse on the tablet (responsiveness is slower, the battery is discharged faster, there are problems with the stylus). Therefore, it is recommended not to upgrade to Windows 10 and wait for a major autumn update, which should be released in October-November.
  • After updating to Windows 10 while using the stylus and the touch, the system crashes to the black screen:

• Update the driver for the stylus to the latest version for Windows 10
  • After upgrading to Windows 10, when you use the stylus, handwriting automatically pops up:

• At the moment it is a glitch system. As a temporary solution, you can try the option fromof thispost.
  • Brakes Bluetooth keyboard and / or mouse:

• You need to update the drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to the latest version.
  • Do I need to work with a tablet keyboard and mouse:

• For work - no. However, to restore the tablet in case of problems, as well as reinstalling and updating the OS - the presence of a kit is required. Bluetooth keyboards will not help in this case - you need wired or radio.
  • I get phantom or double clicks when using a touch or stylus:

• Many users helped label the film on the device screen.
  • Should I put on a tablet Windows 10 Insider Preview?

• You can install, but there are reviews that new builds make the tablet non-usable (keyboard and mouse fall off as an example). If you are not afraid of the fact of getting glitches from installing new builds - put on health.
  • Programs for navigation (for example 2GIS) do not see my GPS receiver:

• First you need to turn on the navigation in the Windows settings and in the control panel. If the program works correctly with the new sensor interface, this is enough. If the program requires a COM port to work (old interface), you need to do crutches according to the instructions inthistopic.
  • Can I use RDP on a tablet?

• Connect to other machines - you can, to the tablet - only if you have Windows Professional edition, Home edition does not contain an RDP server. In this case, you must use other software for remote administration.
  • Will there be enough 32GB tablet version for work?

• Of course, it all depends on your tablet needs. For example, my system takes up 10GB (only the system and the office are worth) and, accordingly, I have about 15-16GB of free space + 32GB card. If you do not plan to play, the 32GB version is enough for you. In any case, the tablet is guaranteed to support cards up to 64GB. And some users unsubscribe about the correct operation of 128GB cards.
  • Do we have USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?

• The controller is 3.0, but the connector on the device is 2.0. Accordingly, the speed will be at 2.0 or slightly higher.
  • Unable to install drivers on GPS:

• Install drivers from Lenovo or use advice inby thispost
  • I can not install the video driver. Writes "The installed driver is not checked for this computer."
    Remove the current drivers through the "Programs and Features" applet or through the device manager, and reboot. After you can install new drivers.
  • Is the tablet "normal" backup?
    The backup process is no different from the process on the older brethren. Any backup program that can work with Win8.1 + and UEFI will make a correct backup and correctly restore it. From the checked programs: Acronis True Image 2014. Reviews about successfully restored copies are on pages 458 to 462 of this topic.
  • Prompt USB hub with simultaneous charging.
    Due to the implementation features, our tablet does not support simultaneous charging and OTG. To realize it turned out only adding an additional chip to the device. Alternatively, you can use special hubs that do not charge, but do not discharge the tablet. You can buy, for example,here.
Instructions and tips
Problem solving
Drivers, BIOS and other files
Windows 8.1 drivers
Drivers for Windows 10
If you did not find the driver you need for Windows 10 - try installing the driver from Windows 8.1, most of the old drivers are installed and working fine.
Custom builds of OS and recovery tools
Other files
The results of previous surveys
Android vs Windows vs iOS
Attached Image
Stylus behavior and marriage
Attached Image

For all questions, comments and suggestions on the header, please contact the curator:Dr.Freezer

Post has been editedDr.Freezer - 11.05.19, 22:19
Reason for editing: Sherlalex BatIndicator

Rep: (40)
Now there is Windows 8.1 32 bit version.
Should I install Windows 10 32 version 1803 or 1809? With a non-working speaker, I changed already. I found a replacement, I connect a bluetooth call card.

Rep: (6)
Friends, tell me, does someone use Autodesk Sketchbook on our device? Does it require a 32-bit version for installation, which does not exist, are there any crutches or is this impossible? Win 10 is worth it.
I saw in the topic, someone used it like.
Thanks for the answer :)

Rep: (98)
I use Sketchbook Pro 7.0.5. The application runs on Win10, but in the desktop.
Other versions are 64 bit!
https://rsload.net/sof...todesk-sketchbook.html

Post has been editedNick2001 - 09.04.19, 09:24

Rep: (147)
Nikolay, the degrees of pressing with a complete pen work well for me on this portable version. Give it a try.
Build 7.2.1
Attached fileSketchBookPortable.rar(34.49 MB)

Post has been editedSKY.SPB - 09.04.19, 21:38

SKY.SPB @ 04/09/19, 10:05 PM*
Try it.

I tried it. Here is the result - the top line is the native stylus, the bottom is Samsung
Attached Image

Problems with the pen. I have approx.

Rep: (6)
Nick2001 @ 04/09/19, 09:21*
I use Sketchbook Pro 7.0.5. The application runs on Win10, but in the desktop.
Other versions are 64 bit!
https://rsload.net/sof...todesk-sketchbook.html

Thank you for the assembly, everything got up and opened, but unfortunately, despite the excellent calibration of the pen, the drawn strokes leave on the canvas (they are drawn away from the real place of touching), the same problem turned out to be with a finger. :(

SKY.SPB @ 04/09/19, 21:35*
Nikolay, the degrees of pressing with a complete pen work well for me on this portable version. Give it a try.
Build 7.2.1

Thank you very much! In this version, no problems arose, everything is in place and the pen is very sensitive to pressure, like a real pencil (this was not previously observed in other programs). Great build: thank_you:

Post has been editedStasya_boo - 10.04.19, 22:17

SKY.SPB @ 04/10/19, 3:25 PM*
Problems with the pen. I have approx.

Problems with the Microsoft driver that stood on the stylus. Rolled it over
Attached fileISD_DualTouch_732-12.zip(23.48 MB)

from Wakoma, and it all worked! :)

Rep: (53)
Here recently, after expanding the battery on one copy, I thought about a convenient wireless cover with a keyboard ...
It turned out that Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard suits well, which after minor modifications to the tablet turns it into a laptop.

Refinement is a magnetic stainless plate, bent at a certain angle.
Attached Image

It is attached to the case through drilled holes of the lid with a nichrome wire (0.5mm) (copper will not pull)
Attached Image

The strength of the clave magnets allows you to keep even on weight.
Attached Image

It fits exactly in width, the ASUS is longer, which even, oddly enough - is more convenient, allows you to hold the structure with your thumbs.
Attached Image

The connection is kept at 5 +++++ without any gaps at all (with the other bluetooth clavs I was tormented)
Minus - there is no ESC key; all the rest work, the full Russian alphabet, unlike castrated Chinese crafts with ali of the same size.

And finally, in Moscow, the guys are selling two-black and white new boxes, but the battery will have to be replaced.
Suitable 25-35-4mm.I bought everything from them.

Yes, the case at the keyboard is metal - shockproof.

Rep: (5)
* PixeI Is there a dump of a wheelbarrow and a stylus under the arch at the same time, in fact, is there a wheelbarrow with a stylus?

Rep: (9)
* sleeply4cat , the stylus works with the touch at the same time, but you will need to fix the script, which in my post to rotate the screen.
And a couple of times it was that in the gnome the touch fell off, I did not understand why

Rep: (5)
* PixeI I'm not talking about a script. I have a freshly installed debian / ubuntu, if you simultaneously use the touch and stylus (draw with the stylus, touching the hand of the wheel, even when the latter is ignored by the software, for example), after 10-15 seconds, either the touch, or the stylus, or both at once randomly stops working. I wonder if there is the same trouble under juniper.

Also, the link to the patches fell off.

Rep: (2)
Hello. Who has already tried rolling 1903 on our tablet? How is it going?

Rep: (0)
* aleks-nick,
Aleks-nick @ 04/17/19, 3:17 PM*
Hello. Who has already tried rolling 1903 on our tablet? How is it going?

It works successfully.

Rep: (1002)
SaintMichael @ 04/18/19, 11:24*
It works successfully.

Insider?

SaintMichael @ 04/18/19, 16:24*
It works successfully.

updated, or cleanly set?

Rep: (0)
* arvseslav
Yes, Release Preview.

* aleks-nick,
Updated by air from the previous 1809.

Post has been editedSaintMichael - 19.04.19, 11:00

The topic was asked how to add a display of percent charge level in increments of 1%. I installed the Smarter Battery program. And the battery calibrated and there are no charge surges.
I am applying the program.

P.S. Slightly increases consumption, which is natural because periodically monitors the battery. The frequency of requests can be configured in the program.

Post has been editedSKY.SPB - 21.04.19, 11:04

Good people, hello! Win 10 1803 - the battery discharge indication is not updated. Shows the same tsifir until you send to sleep. When leaving a dream, it shows the correct value and so on it remains until the next dream. Is this a dozen bug? Is it being treated?

Rep: (1002)
* Sherlalex , in the topic header there is a link to the driver.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 18:51