> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Choosing a Home Game Console | to help beginners

Rep: (3316)
FAQ for beginners- Choosing a game console

Attached Image

Many novice gamers sometime have a question, "Which console is better?"

The choice of console consists of many factors that we present below.
So let's start

1. How often will you play the console, is graphics important to you, or do not want to pay for the game?

Do you often go home? If you are regularly at work or with friends, then it makes no sense to lay out a lot of money for the console. You need to confine the past generation - Xbox 360 or PS3, Wii. For these consoles released a huge number of games and they can be downloaded for free (for stitched, cracked consoles). It is possible that with your busy schedule you will not be able to estimate even half of the coolest projects.

2. Graphics and hardware

If the first item does not suit you, then proceed to compare NextGen consoles:
We can talk a lot about this and therefore we will give real tests and technical characteristics of consoles.
Let's compare the main NextGen consoles, the 8th generation of consoles (Nextgen (nekstgen) - short for English Next generation, which means next generation in Russian.)
Take the current example:
there is a PS4 console. Suppose it represents a new generation of consoles. When the console went on sale, it was an order of magnitude better than the PS3 console, it had much more functionality and capabilities - more memory, more powerful processor, video card, etc. PS4 gives the NextGen console.
Over time, this console will no longer be something supernova and unusual, better designs will emerge, competitors, and then it will lose the NextGen prefix as the currentgen console will be considered (current generation).
And so it will happen all the time. Then comes the PS5 console, which will be even more powerful and even cooler than the PS4 and even cooler than the competitors, and then it will get the NextGen prefix.

Consider separately the Sony Playstation 4
Comparative table of characteristics of all versions of PlayStation 4
Attached Image

We read the comparison
Playstation 4
This is the basic model of the console. Despite the fact that it was released in 2013, the prefix has more than the actual "iron". In fact, this console is best seen in comparison with its other versions.

PS4 Slim
In terms of performance, this modification is no different from the standard modification: the processor, hard disk (500 GB), and the graphics processor are completely identical. However, the developers managed to reduce the dimensions of the console, which is its feature.
Advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits
Comparison and differences of PlayStation 4, Slim and Pro - which one to choose
Zoom
Weight: 2.1 kg (Slim) versus 2.8 kg (PS4 classic);
Size: 265 x 39 x 288 mm (Slim) and 275 x 53 x 305 (PS4).
Improved network settings for the Slim version (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth):
Low power consumption compared to the standard console version.
Disadvantages:
The model does not differ in performance from the classic version;
The slim version is more expensive than the standard PS4, but differs only in size.
Thus, PS4 Slim is an excellent choice for those who do not want the console to take up a lot of space and for those who often have to carry the console from one place to another.
PS4 Pro
This version of the console is designed for more "hardcore" users. Here, the developers have focused on the iron console. It became more powerful, there was support for 4K images.

Consider changing the filling. Sony increased the amount of RAM, increasing its performance by 23%. The processor clock speed was not left without attention either - it increased from 1.6 GHz to 2.13 GHz. The GPU has undergone great changes - the number has increased from 18 to 36, and its performance has reached 4.2 Teraflops, which is several times more than the classic PS4 and Slim.

Naturally, such changes have only benefited. The picture has become better: now “zamylennye” game objects are much less common. And in games, where the other two versions of the console gave 30-40 FPS (frame rate per second), PS4 Pro easily yields all 60 FPS.

However, this was not without flaws. The most important of them is the support for 4K images. It would seem that the opposite is only a plus console, but everything is not so simple. The fact is that this requires a TV that supports this image. Without its acquisition, there will be little meaning from the Pro version, since in this case the graphics will not differ from the other two versions of the console.

Also, the Pro version is slightly larger in size than the classic and Slim versions.

Conclusion
What console did you choose?
This question can only be answered assuming your own capabilities, but it should be borne in mind that buying a PlayStation 4 is a solution for several years ahead and should be approached with less savings than we would like.
After examining all versions of the console, we can conclude that the classic PS4 is suitable for those who are not important maximum performance, or increased compactness. If you do not care about the size of the console, or ultra-graphics, and you just want to enjoy your favorite games - the classic PS4 will be a great choice.

You do not have much space under the console at home, or do you just want to save it? Do you want to take the console with you to travel or to a party with friends? In this case, PS4 Slim is perfect for your desires.

And if you are a hardcore gamer, and you want to play games with the best graphics options and are ready to buy a 4K TV, or you already have one, feel free to take PS4 Pro

Graphics comparison
All of the first comparisons come from the PS 4 Pro gif, and then from the usual PS 4.
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
watch
watch

Horizon: Zero Dawn
watch
watch

Watch Dogs 2
watch
watch

Rise of the Tomb Raider
watch
watch

Video comparison

Consider separately the Xbox One
Comparative table of characteristics of all versions of Xbox One
Attached Image

We read the comparison
Xbox one s
Unlike the standard Xbox One, S-modification has become smaller in size, but this is not the most important difference. The graphics processor console has undergone some changes. The developers managed to increase its clock frequency, which gave a small increase in the frame rate per second (FPS). Due to this, players are less likely to encounter "zamylennyh" game objects.

Support for 4K HDR has also become a good feature of the console. It is worth noting that the 4K image is available only for the use of online broadcast services (for example, Netflix). However, HDR technology can be used in games.

Colors and shadows in games with HDR become deeper and richer. Also adjust the image on the TV has become much easier. The console itself can set up your TV without forcing you to understand how to activate this mode.

Despite the above advantages, the console was not without flaws. This is, first of all, dependence on the TV model. In other words, not all TVs support 4K or HDR images, so to use all the features of the console you will have to think about replacing the TV.
Xbox one x

The developers decided to make this model truly powerful by significantly updating its hardware. Microsoft managed to equip the console with the following technical parameters:

12 GB of RAM;
Eight-core processor with a clock frequency of 2.3 GHz;
The updated graphics processor with a clock frequency of 1.1 GHz.
Like the Xbox One S, this model of the console has the ability to play video in 4K format, which makes watching movies and TV shows even more enjoyable, and you can also run games with HDR technology.

Thanks to all the above innovations, the console has reached unprecedented performance. In all games, the quality of graphics has increased so much that all objects seem even more realistic than on other versions of Xbox One. Also nice and the fact that all games that are not exclusive to the Xbox One X, work at 60 FPS.

Players can be pleased with the fact that Xbox One X will be able to run games that went on Xbox One and One S. Therefore, do not be afraid that you have to re-buy your favorite game. Also, all progress in the games will continue.

Perhaps the main disadvantage is the price and, as in the example of the Xbox One S, the impact of the TV model on the unlocking potential of 4K and HDR technologies.

Conclusion
Which model to choose?

After reviewing the features of both consoles, you can summarize. Xbox One S will be an excellent choice for those who just want to play their favorite games without thinking about the high graphic parameters. Despite the fact that the quality of graphics on this model is a little behind the One X, it does not make it worse. The probability of FPS drawdowns is extremely low, and the console’s “stuffing” is capable of launching the newest games without any difficulty.

Moreover, if you have a TV with HDR support, you will be more than satisfied with the graphics.

Like the Xbox One X, the Model One S also has support for all the games that went on the Xbox One.

If you like to play games with the highest quality graphics, and you are ready to pay for it, then Xbox One X is definitely your choice. You are guaranteed to be satisfied with a realistic and smooth picture.

Comparison between competitors

Consider separately the Nintendo Switch
Features and Overview
Graphics comparison

3) Having considered the technical and graphic part, it is worth noting both Exclusive and AAA games

Here it is worth looking at the games released on one prefix or another.here the choice is yours

4) Subscription with consoles is also different.

What features does the PlayStation Plus offer?
  • Every month you will receive six free games, two for each platform (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita).
  • Discounts for certain games. This is mainly an indie game, but for international holidays you usually get a lot of interesting things. The size of the discount on the game varies from 10 to 50 percent.
  • Ability to play the full version of the game for 1 hour.
  • The ability to play exclusive demo versions of games. Access to beta testing of the game.
  • Auto update console content. Some features are available without subscription.
  • A large number of exclusive for PS + themes and avatars for the profile.
  • 10 gigabytes of network storage for your achievements, save the gameplay and so on.
  • The main feature offered by the PS Plus subscription is a multiplayer / online game. This feature is relevant only for the PlayStation 4.
  • Share Play - a game with your friends on the network, but in one game. For example, you are playing a game where you can play together. You through Share Play transfer control of the second joystick to your friend who is sitting at home. The game is streaming to him on the PlayStation.
  • Vote for the game - Sony gives a vote for the game, which will be available by subscription. At the end of the month, the winner is determined by the game, which the players will receive.

Every month you will receive 6 games for consoles (2 for each model of consoles), which pays for a one-year subscription immediately. Having bought a subscription for 3199 rubles, I received more than 3,000 rubles games in December, is this not happiness? Subscription is required, because it will save you a lot of money, as well as open up new opportunities!

Xbox One Subscription

5) Active games

If you are a fan of active activities, then you need a Wii or its advanced version - Wii U. With such a prefix you will jump in front of the screen - this is what is required from the user. Also for these consoles are released third-party accessories that allow you to engage in fitness and other activities. However, you will have to come to terms with low graphics - in this respect, the console is seriously inferior to its competitors from Microsoft and Sony.

You should also focus on how to use the console. Many people are starting to forget about it, but Sony’s product can be used as a Blu-ray player. If you still don’t have such a device, is the choice obvious? Not really, support for the appropriate format got Xbox One. Therefore, movie buffs can not instantly make a choice in the direction of a particular console. And if you want to use the device to watch movies - do not forget to purchase a remote control, as you will not find it in the kit.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the header, contact the section moderators via the complaint button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedgodraxe - 08.07.19, 22:10

Rep: (68)
* ZeniMax155 , where can I read about it?

Rep: (2)
* olegca read about what?

hacking the latest OFW with going online? ..

About it ☝️

Rep: (49)
* olegca , in the profile topic right there

* Donsalieri11196 , I know it myself (although at the verysavagemessiahzine.comabout this information at least). But I am deeply convinced that installing xkey on 360 is much more reliable than any cfw with access to psn.
I have not seen a single ban with xkey (although I believe that this is possible), and there are a couple of ban puzzles due to cfw.
So to say that hacked ps3 is much better than hacked xbox360, in my opinion, is an exaggeration. Especially when it comes to superslim.

* olegca we are not talking about ss
Hacking is put on any 3 and 4 for 5 minutes
About the ban, nobody was banned)

* Donsalieri11196 why not talk about ss? And what other "new" ps3 mean?
You are right, it’s not very difficult to install a hack on ps3, although not everyone can do it. But there is a subtlety - with the release of the new ofw, a number of points arise that are not present on xbox360 with xkey. Those. we either wait for a new firmware and do not go online, or put a new ofw and remain on the official with the risk of staying on this .. Or am I missing something?
All my reasoning is not about hacking consoles. But exclusively in the context of what is more convenient "hacked ps3 or hacked xbox360."

* olegca miss
Custom goes right after firmware
Plus, spoof has not been canceled

Posted on 03/24/2019, 19:56:

* olegca , new ps 3 are released and sold, on ebee

Are you seriously? If on account of this:
Donsalieri11196 @ 03.24.19, 17:53*
About the ban, nobody was banned)

I can still believe with great difficulty.
Link1. Link2
vex33 @ 03/03/15, 16:45*
There is always a risk of getting a ban if you play with custom firmware.

That's about it:
Donsalieri11196 @ 03.24.19, 19:56*
new ps 3issued and for sale, on ebee

Are released ??? Interesting by whom?
P.S. "ps3 release discontinued in may 2017"
A source
And by the way, the last modification is super slim

Post has been editedolegca - 24.03.19, 21:14

* olegca , I meant that in the warehouses there are many more

Posted on 03/24/2019, 10:46 PM:

* olegca there were no banvs
I'm sitting on ss han online everything is OK
I consider this dialogue complete
Everyone has their own views.

Rep: (29)
Most in stock now ps4 slimhttps://givemegame.ru/...-4/playstation-4-slim/, at least in recent months, constantly different stocks appear on them, and in general stores in every way stimulate buying. And such a purchase will really be good, because there is no announcement of a new generation and is not expected in the near future.

* mccord I would take but expensive
And game prices bite

Good day! Please tell me the console is 8-16 bits, where there is a small input lag.

* slon2000ru , sega as an option

Posted on 04/24/2019, 17:23:

* slon2000ru , and if without jokes then ps 3

Well, I'm going to buy Sega or snes, but which model is now on sale a lot and as I understand it, all models have an input lag, I'm looking for a model where the input lag is small

* slon2000ru yes god knows him

Rep: (7)
* slon2000ru,
If the question is still relevant, then, ahem-ahem ... The best option is the original console. MegaDruve or S.I.S. SupirNintenda, the choice is yours;)
P.S. yes they are expensive, plus shipping, but believe me, it's worth it!

Post has been editedSprucius - 03.05.19, 02:22

Rep: (0)
Buy ps4 pro? The TV is 4K, the monitor is 4K.

Rep: (3316)
Problem @ 05/08/19, 21:31*
Buy ps4 pro?
Yes

* problem , Yes

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 10:11