CS918S - Discussion | TV box on Allwinner A31 chip

Rep: (354)
DiscussionCS918S
PictureTv box
Discussion пїЅ
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
A photo
Instructions

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMyppp - 08.06.17, 09:56
Reason for editing: Instructions and firmware for recovery

Rep: (0)
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CS918S-Allwinner-A31-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-2-OS-Mini-TV-BOX-2G-16G-BT-RJ45-5-0MP- Camera-and-MIC-External-WIFI-Antenna --- Black-322402.html
Does anyone have such a prefix? Tell us your impressions. How does it work and how does it differ from CS918 based on RK3188?

Rep: (6)
I ordered it on Ali, I am waiting, but probably after the New Year holidays.

Rep: (1)
I'm really looking forward to a review, especially interested in whether there is video twitching

Rep: (0)
Is there a 3G module in it or not ??

No, there is a hidden slot for connecting a 3G modem.

I asked the sold on Ali to recommend me a model where the best quality is on AV output, he recommended me to CS918S.
Could it be that the Allwinner A31S chipset gives better video on AV output than on models based on RK3188?

I actually liked CS968 more - it seems like one of the newest models!

Post has been editedIgor33333 - 02.01.14, 18:28

Rep: (5)
I also want to order a CS918S for myself, it’s a pity that there is nobody there yet.

I clarified with the seller - he writes that CS918S is the latest model, and, unlike the others, it supports 4K VIDEO play (I don’t know, really, why it is needed)

Post has been editedIgor33333 - 03.01.14, 11:16

It would be better if 1080p was supported, without any dancing with tambourines.

I was also interested in this device, but I was saddened by two things:
1. The absence of a 3.5 mm headphone jack and other audio output.
2. Vidyuha mali400, I prefer power vr544.
And even 3G supports

Rep: (3)
Why is there a 3.5 mm headphone jack anyway, it’s better to take the remote right away
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MeLE-F10-Pro-2-4GHz-Wireless-Keyboard-Air-Mouse-Remote-Control-arphone-MIC-Game-Accessories-for/1479375625.html
And there it is!

Thank you, yes, I even forgot that there is a headphone input on the remote.

Rep: (49)
Vidyuha mali400, I prefer power vr544.

The processor A31, GPU-Power VR SGX544MP2, not the Mali-400.

The processor A31, GPU-Power VR SGX544MP2, not the Mali-400.

So I was also surprised, but they have on the box (and on any reviews that have appeared in YouTube) that Mali is said.

This is an obvious mistake of the Chinese, since the official site clearly states that sgx544 and no mali400. I asked the seller a question, they say what vidyuha is, he immediately "Mali400" and I’m just throwing his nose at the official site, then he just throws up his hands, so the choice is yours Gospad)

There is one review, there antutu shows sgx544, if it were not for it and the official site, where they write that the percent comes with the video sgx544, and not with mali400, I would not torment the Chinese with this topic)

1. The absence of a 3.5 mm headphone jack and other audio output.

There's also AV out. The connector is just 3.5 mm. Despite the fact that the "land" is divided into an additional "section" of the video, when you insert the headphones, everything will play.
http://www.camerahacker.com/AV_Cable/S-Video_Pin-Out_3.5mm_Jack.JPG

Post has been editedPhansoft - 10.01.14, 11:55

Rep: (65)
This is an obvious mistake of the Chinese, since the official site clearly states that sgx544 and no mali400. I asked the seller a question, they say what vidyuha is, he immediately "Mali400" and I’m just throwing his nose at the official site, then he just throws up his hands, so the choice is yours Gospad)

Respected! I carried out all similar actions as you did with my prod with Ali, and also showed him links to offs. Allweather's script, where it is written in black and white that the quad of the A31 has the PoverVR (and the mali400 has the A21, dual core, so I don’t know where to look for the truth), to which the seller did not give a clear answer to what accelerator in this device, and asked me when I'll get a device, tell him what kind of vidyuha is in it =). So, my box is now released by Pulkovo customs (St. Petersburg), I live in Orel, so I expect it in the coming week (two). I took this TV box only because of PoverVR, as it supports a full 1080, without patches and other dances with tambourines, resolution.

Rep: (65)
And yes in dogonku:
Here are two pictures from the description of the seller and the very first message in this thread.
Attached Image

Attached Image

See for yourself what is written on the box and what is shown in the tests. So where is the mistake and where is the load, we will understand only when we get this device in our hands =)

Fps-dum, well, let's hope for better, but you do not delay with the review of this device when you receive it. And by the way, the last time I spoke with the seller, they say why write Mali400, when there sgx544 there, to which he told me that this is our mistake in the description and we will fix it soon. Now I looked and corrected in truth, gpu is written: sgx544. Yes, and already three reviews looked at the antutu test and there is the inscription sgx544. So we are waiting for the first reviews.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 02:27