> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

PocketBook 614 | E-ink pearl

Rep: (3968)
DiscussionPocketBook 614
Discussion | Description

PocketBook introduced a new budget reader PocketBook 614

User's manual

Hidden files and folders! I do not see the foldersystem!!!
  • I do not see the system / hidden files and folders when I connect the reader to the computer. What to do? Where and how can I find system / hidden files and folders?
    On the computer (BB, PC), in the settings of the Explorer, you must enable the display of "Hidden and system folders and files."
    For Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:
    Attached Image
  • I still did not understand anything (a). You can somehow find a different foldersystem?
    If you do not want to bother with the view of hidden and system folders, you can simply add the system to the address line where the drive letter is displayed (F: \ system should turn out, where F: \ is the letter of the connected reader).
    It will be necessary to write with your hands once, then you just need to select this item in one click with the mouse.
    Attached Image

Originalmessageauthor, thank youvitendo

Install CoolReader

Firmware
4.4.604 from 02.11.2014https://yadi.sk/d/SSA4wQRLcb4Nx
4.4.662 from 03/18/2014https://yadi.sk/d/5jL8zahFcb4um
4.4.1217 dated 11/20/2014https://yadi.sk/d/_KvxLLcZd2gUk
4.4.1773 from 10.02.2017http: //download.pocket…14_1773_-sync_user.zip
ATTENTION!!! On firmware 4.4.1773 CoolReader stops working (up to pro5)

The firmware process can be run like this:
1. Download the firmware and unzip the contents of the archive (SWUPDATE.BIN file) to the root folder of the microSD card (recommended) or internal memory.
2. Go to: Settings в†’ Device Information в†’ Software в†’ Software Update (Settings в†’ About Device в†’ Software в†’ Software update)
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
If the firmware file of the same or older version than is installed in the device, it will be deleted automatically and the firmware will not start. In this case, it is recommended to flash the device manually.

Manual update:
1. Download the firmware and unzip the contents of the archive (SWUPDATE.BIN file) to the root folder of the microSD card (recommended) or internal memory.
2. Turn off the Device by pressing the On / Off key.
3. Press and hold the buttons.< Back and > Forward. Turn on the device by pressing the On / Off key.
4. Hold the buttons< Back and > Forward until the message “Firmware update” appears on the screen
5. Follow the instructions on the screen.

The device checks available update sources in the following order: microSD card, internal memory of the Device.

E-book disassembly

Replacing the internal memory card

Screen replacement

Frequently asked Questions
  • What are the parameters of the charger?
    Voltage 5 V and DC power 1 A (1000 mA)

• When reading a book while updating the screen, I hear a slight hiss (whistle). When I completely refresh the page (or turn on the book), I hear it even more. Is this normal?
    Fine. It chokes the throttles. This whistle is on almost all e-books. On some it is more audible, on some less.

• How to enter safe mode?
    1. Turn off the Device by pressing the On / Off key.
    2. Press and hold the buttons.< Back and > Forward. Turn on the device by pressing the On / Off key.
    3. Hold the buttons< Back and > Forward

• I bought a book without the support of the Russian language. How to install the Russian language?
    Sew the device in the manual mode with the firmware from the "cap" of this topic.

• Set a password for the settings. Then I forgot it. How to reset a password?
    Sew the device in manual mode.

• Which screen is suitable for this model?
    The “Kindowo” screen (ED060SC7 (LF) C1) is quite suitable for Pocketbook 614. If the voltage VCON on the new screen tag differs from the value on the old screen by less than 0.3 volts, then most likely adjustment will not be necessary. Taken from herehttp://e-ink-reader.ru/chg_dsp.php

A source:PocketBook 614 (Post Andrej_Vorobej # 61074379) , PocketBook 614 (Post lqlql # 36726509)andPocketBook 614 (Post se6510 # 36815519)

• When turned on, the book shows a blank screen and only the status line at the bottom (date and battery charge). I just can not go to Settings - there is no menu. With a long press on the Up + Down, the contents of the Library are shown. What to do?
    PocketBook 624 (Post by vadeus # 39577478)

• When you connect the book to the computer, the charging process starts without a choice of connection. Attempting to choose in the settings of "PC connection", as recommended in the "User Guide" in the "possible problems" section, does not give anything. How to be?
    Turn on the book and then connect it to the computer. Only then will the choice of the mode of work with the book or "Connection with PC" or "Charging"

Post has been editedgabby - 20.02.20, 17:54
Reason for editing: To replace the memory card fee! 450-1000rub. SC them "greedy" here is a letter from them while trying to get a new firmware for the card:

Rep: (193)
* MaxShaman,
I try. not only to forget about it during the test period)

Rep: (3968)
g-sense @ 03.03.19, 12:30*
replaced immediately, sometimes flipping, and the page does not change, ie, the book is on the pages 2-3 perceives as one

Epub. Read in fb2.

* vadeus,
Books in fb2.zip. maybe it's worth to unzip

Rep: (544)
* g-sense ,
Try to check the internal memory as verified by any other drive on the logical errors and bad sectors.
Or connect to a PC, save all the internal memory of the book and unplug otylrmatiruyte internal memory via the setup menu of the book (which is the book means nothing else) and then return all that have preserved and that will posmlrite.
A difference between fb2 and fb2.zip not.

* biv_sumy
the problem with the flight was in the book. but the scrolling is not changed after formatting and reset. Tomorrow I will try to drive the battery. that zip that epab, sometimes 2-3 pages flipped and changed 1page. it is not critical

Rep: (18)
* g-sense So look at the instructions in something. :) Pages 38, 39, 40. There's just about where to turn off the built-in numbering. :)
Download pdf here you can:http: //support.pocketb...etBook_614_Plus_RU.pdf

Post has been editedMaxShaman - 03.03.19, 21:18
Reason for editing: Do not insert a link.

* MaxShaman,
Yes exactly.
Tupil bit. Thought numbering shutdown will remove it altogether.

Rep: (1)
Tell me, is there any sense to update the firmware? Or you can just cool to put the reader? I use the book text a couple of years, there is no problem at all. I looked up the answers in the subject, but they are dated 2014 year, can now differently.

Post has been editeddsqared3 - 11.03.19, 14:44
Reason for editing: added a little

dsqared3 @ 11.03.19, 13:43*
I use the book text a couple of years, there is no problem at all. I looked up the answers in the subject, but they are dated 2014 year, can now differently.

And what is the meaning that the update and add if you and so happy with everything? You have to device for reading books or troubleshoot?

Rep: (12)
dsqared3 @ 11.03.19, 15:43*
Or you can just cool to put the reader?

this will be enough, especially as it is on the latest firmware like flies

Rep: (10)
dsqared3 @ 11.03.19, 15:43*
Tell me, is there any sense to update the firmware? Or you can just cool to put the reader? I use the book text a couple of years, there is no problem at all. I looked up the answers in the subject, but they are dated 2014 year, can now differently.

I update every time there is a new firmware. Too happy with everything.

Rep: (3)
mastermob @ 21.12.18, 18:31*
UTB will not be easy, but the seller wrote.

Forgot to say how it ended. Sold as expected veyvform not given, he does not have them, but changed the display close to the original voltage. Not perfect left, but putting the refresh rate is not 5 and 3 pages have become in general is not bad.

Rep: (6)
The display saver 'book cable computer "screen and an exclamation mark in a triangle standing on charging ten hours the situation has not changed at all Unsolder aakumulyator, still computer sees as the unknown device, the book gives no signs of life, with pripayanym battery too thing, the button does not light up.
what to do in order to revive?

Post has been editedFun.Monolit - 16.03.19, 19:36

Fun.Monolit @ 16.03.19, 18:35*
what to do in order to revive

A battery itself is OK?

Rep: (76)
Hello. Today, the Chinese sent a new battery. Old year and a half worked. The book began to write constantly, they say the battery is low. In time opened. It turned out she was already swollen ... A little more and the screen would have crushed ....

Changed almost without problems. From the frog one wire jumped off. So who is going to change, cut the wires and increase them to a new Akum. Less hassle ...

Rep: (6)
biv_sumy @ 16.03.2019, 20:00*
A battery itself is OK?

Yes, she's all poryadke.dazhe tried to throw up another with a 1800mAh, to no avail.

Post has been editedFun.Monolit - 17.03.19, 11:01

Rep: (0)
The boys help out, one day became pale text (and in the book and in the menu). After a complete renovation all the pages properly and then bledneet.kniga not fall again, before everything was normal. What could be the problem? Stokovovaya firmware out of the box.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (701)
Donnie brasco007 @ 17.03.19, 14:27*
What could be the problem?

I met like when the screen is replaced by a not very high quality, becoming more frequent updates.

Rep: (32)
Guys, tell me. Done everything from hats. Firmware on a flash drive, to the book only watch sand. Two knopki- clamped on and ... "Firmware image is not for this Devise. The device will be turned off after a few seconds." Tried different firmware of the cap. What am I doing wrong? He does not see the firmware on the card? And it is also a computer does not see.

Rep: (701)
igorksm @ 19.03.19, 10:22*
What am I doing wrong? He does not see the firmware on the card?

You may want to put the firmware file to the root of the internal memory.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 04/09/20, 18:25