> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

701 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Motorola Moto G (2013) - Firmware
Seb0s
Message#1
13.12.13, 12:20
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 6062
Check in: 31.07.11
Honor Play COR-L29

Motorola Moto G (2013) - Firmware
PictureXT1032
Description | Discussion � | Purchase � | Accessories � | Moto g club � | Embellishments � | Unofficial firmware (4.4.2 - 6.0) � |
AOSP Firmware (OS 7.x.x) � | Official firmware�
Important information!
Before asking a question,read the FAQ, as well as this post.

Be sure to read:
  • Rollback to 4.4.4 after 5.x is possible, but all users begin to be observedimage problemson the screen.After rolling back to 4.4.2-4.4.4, do not take PTA at all!Flashing the firmware above your version only via fastboot, otherwise - brick!
    Those who already have a brick on their hands have created a separate topic.Motorola Moto G Brick Club
  • Officially, Android 6.0 on our device will not work. Unofficial builds can be found and discussed inhere.

Issues related to release 6.0 are deleted without warning!
This also applies to any news about this.

Drivers and Utilities

All about OTA firmware updates
PTA - (over the air) update the firmware of the phone "over the air", i.e. without connecting the phone to the PC.

Important!
If you purchased a phone model 1032 with firmware 4.4.3 on board and it offers an upgrade to 4.4.4, go to fastboot:
[*] If it says device is locked, feel free to upgrade to 4.4.4.
[*] if it says device is unlocked, it is better to flash 4.4.4via fastboot. Do not install this even by hand, it can mimic your phone.
These observations were observed only when moving from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 retail.en.US. Other owners do not pay attention.

PTA spread in waves. Those. At first, some people receive it, then others, and within 5-7 days usually start flying in large quantities. Therefore, if you already know that an update has been released for your firmware version, and you still haven’t received it, either wait or install it manually.

PTAcan put only on the firmware for which it is intended! It means not just the firmware version, but the complete coincidence of information from the System version item in the phone settings.

Remove the notification of the arrival of OTA can freeze the applicationMotorolaOTA or deleting files 3c_ota.apk and 3c_ota.odex from / system / priv-app. Because The application has received an update, now it is called " Upgrade motorola ". Application updates can be found in / data / app. Or delete directly from the playlist.
On the GPE firmware, the notification is removed [So] or [So].

The OTA update itself downloads to the folder/ cache and has a name that matches the current version of the system, and not the one to which it updates.

The reasons why installing the OTA update ends with an error:
1. Remove any system applications, exactly like freezing them with Titanium.
2. Modification of system applications. Almost all the mods from the theme of embellishments, as well as the individual picking of the same build.prop file, fall under this. Well, Russification on firmware 4.3 and 4.4.2.
3. Presence of custom recovery or custom kernel.
4. Installed Xposed Framework. To remove it correctly, you need to go to the xposed installer, go to the Framework tab and click on delete. The installer itself and its modules can not be removed.
5. The presence of the root. You can remove the root only by flashing all the system.img_sparsechunk parts of the current firmware. Well, or completely reflash.

Reasons not affecting the installation of OTA:
1. Unlocked bootloader.
2. Custom boot logo.
4. Detaching from the operator.

If there are causes affecting OTA, you need to eliminate them.flash stock firmware either completely (implying data loss), or, if you are sure that you downloaded the exact same firmware that is currently installed on your phone, then you can safely delete the mfastboot erase userdata commands from the .bat file (right mouse click on .bat file - change).

Manual installation of OTA

Firmware Kernels

Semi official firmware based on drain moto g 2gen. : XDA

Official firmware
You can always find out the current firmware version in the settings.About phone (About Phone) -> System version (System version).
Usually in the name of single-symbol firmware there is a wordumts. Whereas the dvuhsimochnoyumtsds .
The region of the firmware is indicated by the last two letters at the end of the paragraph.system version (system version). For example ( GB - England, US -America, DE -Germany, BR -Brazil, etc.). GPE The firmware does not have a region, only the build number, for example KOT49H - GPE 4.4.2

Download links:
To all those who can not find the desired firmware, I draw attention to the fact that infilefactory has several pages. And as in any browser, a bunch of keys ctrl + F works.

Links to popular firmware (FileFactory)

Mirrors for firmware:

Useful themes on xda:
Installation via custom recovery

Custom Kernels
Before installing, make sure the kernel supports your device / firmware version

Instructions (firmware, root, recovery, etc.)
All instructions
Putting the phone into modefastboot : turn off; clamp for 5 seconds. volume down button + on; let go. Flipping throughVol DOWN. ConfirmVol UP. ButtonPowerIn the fastboot menu is not needed.
Bootloader unlocking
After unlocking the bootloaderall data is reset on the phone!

Solving the password incorrect problem : Motorola Moto G - Firmware (OS 4.3 - 4.4.4) (Post # 33866595)

For those who did not have the bootloader official unlock, you can now unlock for $ 25:http: //forum.xda-devel...p=53624322&postcount=1
How to find out if the loader is subject to official unlock?Watch here.

Firmware
GPE firmware on Dual sim only works with one sim card!

Before flashing, it is necessaryunlock bootloader !

Do not use the team

mfastboot erase all download

on the command line! This will erase your imei and cannot be returned at this time. Together with imei, the main communicative functions of your smartphone are also lost.

Ruth (root)
It is likely that the root may not be delivered the first time, then try again.

Recovery
Recumbent robot - this is normal for stock recovery on 4.4! How to go further in the recovery read in this post .
On 5.x the combination has changed after a recumbent robot do so

Message "Mismatched partition size "when installing custom recovery, this is normal.

Do not try do factory reset through the settings menu after CWM recovery firmware - the phone falls into bootlap . Reset to do through the CWM itself - wipe data / factory reset.
Backups are here: / data / media / clockworkmod / backups

CWM:
TWRP (OTG works):
PhilZ Touch Recovery:
  • For Moto and GPE version:PhilZ
ForLTE models:

Stock Recovery:

useful links

Topics Curator : Dooin
Questions and suggestions for filling the topic caps - send to the topic curator QMS!

Post has been editedVlad J.S. - 30.08.17, 19:43
Reason for editing: xt1033 Asia 5.1 (already with the logo replaced) + flash driver + root + drivers all in one archive
xLGSx
Message#2
28.11.13, 14:55
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Check in: 11.03.12
Motorola SLVR L7e

So how to unlock the bootloader? windows version.
DownloadingAndroid SDK
ANDdrivers for the phonetransition to (XDA)
Once everything is downloaded and unpacked:
Turn off the phone, hold down the power and volume down buttons, after the service menu appears, connect the device to the computer and open the command line. Start - Run - CMD.
Enter the address before the SDK:
Cd C: \ * address * \ sdk \ platform-tools

then command
fastboot oem get_unlock_data

what we get something like
(bootloader) 0A40040192024205 # 4C4D3556313230
(bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239 # BD00
(bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95
(bootloader) 1A3E5 # 1F53280002000000000000000
(bootloader) 0000000

Copy the useful text (right click) and delete the spaces, one line should turn out:

0A40040192024205 # 4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239 # BD008A672BA4746C2CE023
28A2AC0C39F951A3E5 # 1F5328000200000000000000000000

Next, go toofficial site, register / go under your account and in the empty field enter the resulting string. We agree with the long text and click on the two blue buttons, the unlock code will be sent to the post office.
Having received the code, we write the command to the command line.
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
instead of UNIQUE_KEY write the code from the letter. If you suddenly closed the command window, re-open and re-enter the path to the SDK.

As soon as all of the above is done, UNLOCKED appears on the screen and the phone restarts.

Root from under windows could not be obtained: (we are waiting for other ways.

------------------------------

By the way, in moto g there is a Motorola Migrate application, which, when first started, will offer to transfer all data (photos / videos / contacts) from the old phone, just download it to the old device, then it will do everything by itself.
P.S. I recommend waiting for downloading all applications from google play, because MotoMigrate disables wifi and applications download is interrupted with an error, it is impossible to resume it, and if there are more than a dozen applications? better wait.
P.P.S. If you are going to do a root / unlock bootloader and at the same time do not rush to change the firmware, first do the root and unlock because they reset the firmware to a clean one.
Attached Image

____
If you can not unlock read: Motorola Moto G - Firmware (OS 4.x) (Post # 29187135)

Post has been editedsnekt @ - 19.10.15, 00:15
Reason for editing: editing driver references

--------------------
Nokia 1100>Motorola SLVR L7e>nokia x6Rip>gt-i9103 Galaxy Rrip sensor>Moto g>Wileyfox stormsplit>ZTE Axon mini (full trash)
Seb0s
Message#3
07.12.13, 12:36
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6062
Honor Play COR-L29

If you are reading the topic for the first time and started from the very first page, then start from the very first message in the topic (from the header). Otherwise, you may encounter irrelevant information that could harm your phone.

For the Russification of the apparatus, there are two ways so far and none of them Russify the smart completely, although one of them claims to do so.
1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?....ccl.morelocale- As far as I know (and I just heard about it), the program adds the ability to put this language in applications supporting the desired language (in this case Russian). Because all applications automatically pick up the language that is set in the settings (exceptions are only those programs where there is an opportunity to set the language independently).
Well, it partially translates some elements of the device, depending on the phone model and firmware, it can Russify almost completely, and nothing at all.
2.Purely my initiative is to transfer localization from lg nexus 4 to moto g. And, as it turned out, everything works.
Updated post here (tyts)
Old information under the spoiler
I would say, if you can call it a project, then it is only at the beginning of alpha testing. I posted a couple of files, anyone who wants can try.
Translated some interface and a significant part of the settings. (Actually, I set myself such a goal at the initial stage). Well, and so on, but all third-party programs that support the Russian language will pick it up.
Requirements: unlocked bootloader, the presence of the root, straight arms.
Only for retail firmware from UKsystem version -> ....retail.en.GB
At all others - at your own risk.
I take no responsibility for what happens to your phone, even if you have followed all the instructions listed below accurately.
Files: you can download here . There are a lot of new languages, including Russian.
Installation methods:
1. Set root_explorer, grant superuser rights to this program.
2. Move files (long tap>move framework-res.apk and settings.apk from the phone on the way system /
(if it fails to complete the item, go to the 3rd, then go back to the 2nd)
3. At the top click mount r / w , thus making it possible not only to view the contents of system partitions, but also to edit / delete files in them.
4. Go to system / where you moved the files earlier. Long press on each moved file ->rights (permissions, permissions) set permissions, as shown in the following screenshot: http: // cs3-4.savagemessiahzine.com.to / 2231176.png
5. (not necessary, but still) Go to system / app and copy somewhere to my files settings.apk and settings.odex
Do the same with the fileframework-res.apk at system / framework
6. After the original files are copied we delete from system / app file settings.odex
7. go to system / and move with the replacement file settings.apk at system / app
do the same with the fileframework-res.apk only the way system / framework
8. reboot the phone

Via adb
I will not talk from scratch about this, who have already worked with adb, they can execute commands like these (these should work):
The framework-res.apk and settings.apk files that you downloaded should be in / sdcard
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw, remount / system / / system /
mv /system/app/settings.apk /system/app/settings.apk.bak
mv /system/app/settings.odex /system/app/settings.odex.bak
mv /system/framework/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk.bak
cp /sdcard/settings.apk / system / app /
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk / system / framework
rm /system/app/settings.odex
chmod 644 /system/app/settings.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
mount -o ro, remount / system / / system /
reboot

Here you can see some screenshots.

Post has been editedS0bes - 16.10.14, 12:09
Reason for editing: For larger, otherwise people do not see
xLGSx
Message#4
08.12.13, 23:39
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Motorola SLVR L7e

How to return stock firmware

Motorola Moto G - Firmware (OS 4.3 - 4.4.4) (Post # 32181327)
old information
Preparations:

a) Download and install the driver for the phone:
http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows

b) Download and extract the firmware files from the archive:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/falcon/list.php
I used the British version of my phone (RETAIL-GB_4.3_14.10.0Q3.X-76-LGG-8_cid7_CFC_1FF_svc.xml.zip) and extracted the archive to the "C" drive c: \
South American firmware with the posts '_ds_' are used for devices with two sim cards, it may not be the best idea to use them for the version with one SIM card.

c) Download the Motorola Fastboot and extract it to the same folder as the firmware.
Attached filemfastboot.zip(78.67 KB)

Attached filemfastboot-v2.zip(537.28 KB)

d) Install ADB (If you still don’t have one), I suggest Minimal ADB and Fastboot from shimp208:
Download Version 1.1.3- last on 12/09/13
Post with updates on xda

A warning:
You do all this at your own peril and risk. Do not blame me if something goes wrong. In this way, several people from xda returned to the stock firmware, and I also successfully applied it on my phone.

Steps to restore the original firmware.

If you can not turn on the phone, i.e. brick, then it is worth starting from point 5 immediately

1) Enable Moto G Developer Mode (Settings / Settings->'About Phone' / "About Phone". Seven times click on 'Build Number' / "Build Number")
2) Enable USB debugging. (Settings / settings ->'Developer options' / "Developer options" ->'USB Debugging' / "USB Debugging" ->OK)
3) Connect the phone to the computer via USB, you will see that the new ADB device is detected and the drivers are installed.
4) Reboot the phone to the service menu / bootloader, to do this, turn off the device and after a while hold down the power and volume down buttons. Then open "Minimal ADB and Fastboot".
Type:
adb reboot-bootloader

You will see the Moto G service menu / bootloader screen and its options:
Normal powerup
Recovery
Factory
Switch Console [NULL: null]
Barcodes
BP Tools

5) Open a command prompt (start>cmd.exe in Win7) and select the folder with the unpacked firmware from the preparation point.
cd ** folder path **

In my case:
cd c: \ RETAIL-GB_4.3_14.10.0Q3.X-76-LGG-8_cid7_CFC_1FF_svc.xml

6) Copy each line in turn and make sure that the answer appears [OKAY], if suddenly [FAIL] falls out, try again or contact the forum, you may be helped.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

7) Success. Your device will reboot with stock firmware.

Original on xda

Post has been editedS0bes - 29.10.14, 09:24

--------------------
Nokia 1100>Motorola SLVR L7e>nokia x6Rip>gt-i9103 Galaxy Rrip sensor>Moto g>Wileyfox stormsplit>ZTE Axon mini (full trash)
xLGSx
Message#5
09.12.13, 00:01
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Motorola SLVR L7e

Getting ROOT

What is it?
Superboot is a boot image that contains everything you need to get ROOT rights. No problem, just download the image following the instructions below and you're done!

What you need to prepare?
You need an unlocked bootloader (Unlocking the bootloader, link). It's easy, follow the link, everything is described in detail.

Warnings?
YOU do all this at your own peril and risk, most likely lose the manufacturer’s warranty, it works for me, I warned. : huh:

Downloading
Attached filer2-motog-superboot.zip(9 MB)

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
1. Unzip the downloaded files.
2. Turn on the phone in debug mode / service menu / bootloader. To do this, turn off the phone and then turn it on again while simultaneously holding down the power and volume button.
3. Image Download
WINDOWS - right-click on 'superboot-windows.bat' and selectRun as administrator
MAC - Open a terminal in the directory with the unpacked files and type
chmod + x superboot-mac.sh
sudo ./superboot-mac.sh

LINUX - Open a terminal in the directory with the unpacked files and type
chmod + x superboot-linux.sh
sudo ./superboot-linux.sh

Enjoy:)

Original article

Post has been editedxLGSx - 09.12.13, 00:04

--------------------
xLGSx
Message#6
09.12.13, 00:15
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Motorola SLVR L7e

Remove the inscriptionUnlocked Warning

After unlocking the bootloader, a not very nice message appears,guys with xda fixed this misunderstanding.

Simply extract the files to the folder with fastboot, restart the phone in the service menu and connect to the computer, then type in the console:
cd * folder path *
fastboot flash logo logo.bin

Attached fileoriginal_logo.zip(297.58 KB)

P.S.Who has not seen the pre-holiday screensaver - connect to wifi and reboot the phone in a couple of minutes;)

Post has been editedxLGSx - 09.12.13, 00:17

--------------------
arturius_
Message#7
09.12.13, 13:20
Local
[offline]

Messages 131
Check in: 05.04.11
Motorola Moto G

Guys, it turns out that you can not close the loader in any way ?? I think it would not be a problem to get updates over the air if the open loader ??
tascom
Message#8
09.12.13, 14:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 130
Check in: 10.06.07

Guys, it turns out that you can not close the loader in any way ?? I think it would not be a problem to get updates over the air if the open loader ??
The bootloader does not affect the updates, only root.
and you can close it
$ fastboot oem lock

already twrpcollectedwhile the crooked truth
Nent
Message#9
09.12.13, 17:30
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 692
Check in: 20.09.12

The bootloader does not affect the updates, only root.

here literally a couple of pages ago they wrote what is affected. You can find out what you can do with smart, so that updates will come at the same time.

Post has been editedNent - 09.12.13, 17:56
alex1932
Message#10
10.12.13, 07:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 457
Check in: 30.10.08
Huawei P9 Standart

S0bes @ 12/10/2013, 06:28*
OlegBen, in the cap there is an instruction

I think it makes sense to make an adjustment to this instruction: in the phrase

"most likely lose the manufacturer's warranty" (after receiving the root) throw out "most likely".

Those. Warranty on the phone you lose exactly. Yes, and how to use the warranty on the phone in Russia? Send it back to UPS? Golden phone will be.
petrushka07
Message#11
11.12.13, 01:06
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 8
Check in: 11.12.10
Motorola Moto G

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX1. Unzip the downloaded files.2. Turn on the phone in debug mode / service menu / bootloader. To do this, turn off the phone and then turn it on again while simultaneously holding down the power and volume button. 3. Download the WINDOWS image - right-click on 'superboot-windows.bat' and select Run as administrator MAC - Open the terminal in the directory with the unpacked files and type
Code
chmod + x superboot-mac.shsudo ./superboot-mac.sh

Sorry, maybe the question is stupid
I do everything as it is written, the loader has unblocked it, downloaded the archive, I launch it, the phone turns on, but nothing happens anymore.
I installed the terminal emulator, I launch it, I write su, it answers not found.
What is a code? I do not insert it anywhere, we can do this in my misfortune, but I cannot catch up to where (((
arturius_
Message#12
11.12.13, 02:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 131
Motorola Moto G

Put CWM 6.0.4.5 for Moto G
everything works perfect
here is the link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2563599
tascom
Message#13
11.12.13, 08:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 130
Check in: 10.06.07

OlegBen @ 11.12.2013, 07:40*
I also have trouble. bootloader unlocked. Root does not come out to do. from under Windows, as indicated in the header

trysecond way
in English, I hope there will be no problems

Posted on 12/11/2013 08:24:

Petrushka07 @ 12.12.2013, 07:06*
What is a code? I do not insert it anywhere, we can do this in my misfortune, but I cannot catch up to where (((

This is for Linux users.
xLGSx
Message#14
11.12.13, 08:35
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Motorola SLVR L7e

petrushka07,
OlegBen,
You are exactly on behalf of the administrator run? I did 10 times again until I read carefully.

--------------------
OlegBen
Message#15
11.12.13, 09:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 214
Check in: 20.09.12

xLGSx
You are exactly on behalf of the administrator run? I did 10 times again until I read carefully.

That's exactly what he did. did not help.
telegraph
Message#16
11.12.13, 15:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 280
Check in: 15.03.11
Motorola Moto G

OlegBen @ 11.12.2013, 02:40*
I also have trouble. bootloader unlocked. Root does not come out to do. from under Windows, as indicated in the header

I explain how to do the root for those who, after selecting "recovery", nothing happens.

The fact is that if you get into the task manager, you will see that the phone in recovery mode is listed as an unknown device and it needs to MANUALLY update the drivers by selecting the "motorola driver" from the suggested list and then at the bottom of the list will be a "motorola device" . Next, the phone is determined in the system and then run the last command in the console.
i5762305
Message#17
11.12.13, 18:15
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 15
Check in: 22.04.07
Motorola Moto X

for many, it is impossible to make Ruth neither the first methods nor the second !!
my way out:
1. Put the recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2563599
all - now first of all we do an archive copy (bacrup) !!!
then download super su:
http://yadi.sk/d/Cq_txFhaEABGj
And put through the recovery as a stock. firmware !!
Everything, sorry for my Russian.
arturius_
Message#18
13.12.13, 01:55
Local
[offline]

Messages 131
Motorola Moto G

custom firmware came out

Removed All Motorola Stuff
- DSP Manager
- Enabled Miracast (Wireless display)
- deodexed
- Zipaligned
- Fixed Package Phrasing error
- AOSP Camera + Gallery
- AOSP Browser
- Busybox
- Apex Launcher
- Other things i have forgot about

Unlocked bootloader is required:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566515
xLGSx
Message#19
14.12.13, 16:48
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Motorola SLVR L7e

A small program containing ADB and FASTBOOT.
You do not need to download all the SDKs, each time you set the path to the folder on the command line. Just copy the necessary files to the folder with the installed program and launch the shortcut from the desktop.
Attached fileminimal_adb_fastboot_v1.1.3_setup.exe(2.12 MB)

Post has been editedxLGSx - 14.12.13, 16:49

--------------------
Seb0s
Message#20
14.12.13, 20:15
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6062
Honor Play COR-L29

UK firmware 4.3 retail.en.GB
http://yadi.sk/d/JJUsEyAfEKEdU
Timoha_ZTE
Message#21
14.12.13, 22:05
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 20
Check in: 28.09.12
Huawei Ascend Mate

If after the root put the image of the drain the root will go away?

--------------------

701 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 03/05/19 18:49