Nokia N9 and Smart Watches

Rep: (472)
In the summer, I began to dig the Internet for the possibility of connecting such a popular gadget as a smart watch to n9 ...
Unfortunately, the search did not yield rich results, but ... something was still given ...

The first thing that we managed to find is the topic on MaemoWorld now MaemoSu about MetaWatch watches and pairing them with n9 / 50

Attached Image

Actually topic -http://maemo.su/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5018

From the topic on MaemoSu
For lovers of cool watches like Fossil MetaWatch there is a prog (SoWatch) on the N9 / N950 which connects to the clock and displays missed calls / sms / e-mail. You can also answer an incoming call or switch to silent mode during a call. In the future, it is planned to transfer information about the weather.
  • video work
  • price tagsuch watchabout $ 150 (I really did not find the opportunity to buy them in the shops of the Russian Federation ...)
  • Soursesunder Harmatan

Attached Image

The second and slightly more interesting is that it was possible to find this watch.Pebble

This Pebble-watch from a kickstarter, despite the unassuming design, is one of the most popular smart watches. They live long, work well ... Initially developed for iOS and Android .. but there were good people (TMO is such a TMO) who wrote quite tolerable software to make friends with n9 ... Lying in the store costs 140 p.
Watches can be Russified ... get notifications about emails, clean sms, call notifications ... as I understand it, you can see and read all native notifications, not just SMS ... that is, everything that is in the “Accounts”

I’ll actually focus on them, since I just got them as a New Year’s gift to my beloved ...
You can read more about watches and their acquisition in the next section -Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android - Discussion
They have already grown an impressive community!
I’ll try to tell in a little more detail what they can do when paired with n9 ...
- Discussion on TMT
- The application is inOviand its author periodically updates its functionality
- opportunities (actual ones that I already use)
    Broadcast Russian-language text from a smartphone:
  • incoming SMS (sender + text)
  • incoming from instant messengers connected using Extra Plugins (ICQ, GTalk, VK, Odnoklashki, Jabber, Skype, etc.) (sender and message text)
  • Notification from TitanIM (when the client is unloaded but the daemon is in the subject, it notifies that a new message has appeared)
  • Notification from Whatsup and Whatsapp (sender and message text)
  • E-mail (if one letter - see the header of the letter, if several then we see only the senders and the number of new letters - as in the banner)
  • Management of a standard music player (switching tracks in a playlist, stop / play. No volume. Again we read in Russian who sings to us, which album, which song)
  • Updating the clock software from the phone (using Rockwatch software)
  • Download and install dials and firmware (both from the site and locally thrown somewhere in MyDocs)
  • Support for the httpsPebble protocol (let's say the dial with the weather, it can climb out to the Internet via smart and update data)
  • Notification of an incoming call (for now, just a notification, without the name or number of the caller, the author has difficulties with this so far)
  • Facebook native client notification (message notification)
  • Facebook native chat notification (sender and message body)
  • Notification from qneptunea (says that from such-and-such a new message, we do not see the message itself)
  • Notification from rocket (says that from such a new message, the message itself is not visible)
  • Notification from qutim (in the case when the client is minimized and the dialogue is not open with the opponent, in general, the banners hung by him are sent to the clock)
  • Notification from Fotoshare (in notification mode - "to fiid")

I did not check it (I will delete it as far as I check), but I think the following notifications will also work
  • Persecute Notice
  • EMailFeed notificationIt does not work, since it only makes an entry in the feed, and does not post it in the status bar
  • In general, all that is posted in the status bar

Some examples of work:
Video: One letter to soap:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGagGW2IZIE...eature=youtu.be

One letter
We see the title of the letter
Attached Image

Multiple letters from one sender
see the sender and the number of letters
Attached Image

several letters from different senders
we see senders
Attached Image

Fotoshare
I reported that I posted a photo in the dropbox
Attached Image

Neptune and Rocket notify like this:
we do not see the text, we see only the fact of notification
Attached Image

Titanim, notification from the demon
We do not see the text, only the notification of the fact of the message
Attached Image

Notification from native tweeter
Native Facebook reports the same way .. It is not informative who or why is incomprehensible ...
Attached Image

Notifications from messengers, for example, Whatsup
in the case of messengers, we see the name of the directory and the text of the message, although Vatsap's clients are not tied to the directory, they also tell us the name
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 16.12.13, 15:44

I would like to say a few words about some expansion of the functionality ...

If you wish, you can write a "demon" and force it to interrogate certain data about smart. then send them to the phone in a complicated way:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest = com.meego.core.MNotificationManager / notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32: 0 uint32: 0 string: "Test" string: "This is a public service announcement this is only a test "string:" Test "string:" action "string:" / opt / rockwatch / icon.png "uint32: 0

as the author promises to write some dock a little later in direct sending messages to the clock ...

At the moment, in a certain way using a few scripts and "Profilmatika" I made the phone report back to the monitor about a 50 per cent / 30% / 10% acb radius
report on the connection of the memory and the connection to Wi-Fi ...
but these are trifles .. knowledge, alas, for getting more tricky variables, I don’t have much))

if someone shares the request code (no matter what, what you know, I will be glad about everything) I will be very grateful! ))

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 18.12.13, 10:09

By the way, who can comprehend how much this topic is relevant for MiGow -http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control ?

Rep: (256)
I usually sit herehttp://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/guide/html/Developer_Library_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Developer_Library.html

Yeah, thanks ... I'll see ...

until I figured out how to get charging status charging / not charging, current charge percentage

connected not connected:
hal-get-property - udi / org / freedesktop / Hal / devices / bme - key
maemo.charger.connection_status

charge percentage:
hal-get-property - udi / org / freedesktop / Hal / devices / bme - key
battery.charge_level.percentage

The navigator, as always, did not give up ..)) Emil Thank you!

not a complicated script (for understanding the principles) that posts a message to the bar (and therefore sends to the watch) the fact of connecting / disconnecting the charger

#! / bin / bash
# Request the current charging status and write it to the log
status = $ (hal-get-property --udi / org / freedesktop / Hal / devices / bme --key maemo.charger.connection_status)
echo $ status>/home/user/MyDocs/status.log

source /tmp/session_bus_address.user
while true
do
# We request the charging status and the contents of the log
status = $ (hal-get-property --udi / org / freedesktop / Hal / devices / bme --key maemo.charger.connection_status)
log = $ (cat /home/user/MyDocs/status.log)

if [["$ status" == "$ log"]]; then
:
# If the current charging status is the same as in the log, then nothing is connected / disconnected - we do nothing

else
if [["$ status" == "connected"]]; then
# If status = connected we post a message that picked up the memory
dbus-send --print-reply --dest = com.meego.core.MNotificationManager / notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32: 0 uint32: 0 string: "Test" string: "Phone on charge" string: "N9" string: "action" string: "/ opt / rockwatch / icon.png" uint32: 0
# and write it to the log

# If during the next cycle the connection status changes, go to else and post a message stating that the charger is disabled, write to the log for the next pass ...
else
dbus-send --print-reply --dest = com.meego.core.MNotificationManager / notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32: 0 uint32: 0 string: "Test" string: "Phone removed from charging" string : "N9" string: "action" string: "/ opt / rockwatch / icon.png" uint32: 0

fi
fi

sleep 1
done

the result ishttps://www.dropbox.com/sc/tz2irp61bgv6xc9/6tTYhjG6pu

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 18.12.13, 23:56

Rep: (6)
Can I deb for a peek?) Now there is no money and I would like to try it first, I bought a couple of applications for a tablet

Rep: (0)
"if someone shares the request code (no matter what,"

I saw this topic
Information about alarms on the main screen

in my opinion there is just a man demonstrated how to pick up and display any information

I also wanted such a watch :)

BoZaRhmm

Yeah, ATP ... povnikayu ....

I am now wondering how to get the contents of the calendar ... the time and composition of the task ...

Rep: (116)
Alexxxl,
What version of the firmware does the clock work on? Is 2.0 supported?

1.14.1 I have ... 2.0, too, in theory should, I have not tried ...

Alexxxl,
How much did the battery run out? My H9 is simply discharged to 20-25% in my standard mode of use by the evening.

I would not say that I noticeably notice the difference in the discharge of the battery .. taking into account the constantly activated BT, rockwatc, pebbl ... 10-15 percent under the same other conditions

Alexxxl,
Thank! I hope that the phone will live out until the evening, because the clock is on its way from China :)

Darth_Uncle
Easy ... My life is stable for 1.5 days

Rep: (5)
Does anyone have a deb? or link to it?

iZecu,
The author has not yet laid out in open access ...

Got a watch today from Hong Kong. Slightly more than 2 weeks went. But not about that.
I first installed the firmware 2.0.0 Russified, but without the CallerID patch. The result is no response to the incoming call. I collected firmware 2.0.0 on pebblebits with a patch (which is just CallerID, not the second), everything is fine. Although I expected that only the caller’s number would show, but with the incoming, the clock showed me the name of the contact! Pleasant.
SMS notifications, missed calls work with a bang. Managing the player is gorgeous, the phone no longer needs to get out of your pocket. Mail, wazap, skype, titanium have not tried yet.
So far, only one "misunderstanding" - failed to install the addon fromAlexxxl . More precisely, the addon is installed, but the menu item does not appear. Put after installing Rockwatch, no reaction. There is no point in the settings, but there is an addon in application management. He deleted, rebooted the body for everyone (old habit :)), put it again - the same thing, nothing. Again deleted. Reboot. I put the old version, demolished it, put a new one - and again nothing: (I don’t know where to dig. I really wanted to receive notifications about the battery status on my watch.
I still can’t answer the call - the buttons are back and the choice is simply hidden. But I tried once, maybe I pressed it weakly :) In any case, the problem will disappear one of these days when I take the headset I ordered - there is an answer button on it.
Even with my N9, you need to delete and create a pair each time, otherwise it does not connect, for some reason. Sin on their curves handles. :)
I put the applications and muzzles through the ipad, I also flash it. Therefore, I cannot evaluate this Rockwatch functionality, I have it only for communicating with the phone.

Post has been editedDarth_Uncle - 18.02.14, 22:32

Rep: (9)
Does MetaWatch work with Sowatch out of the box?

Darth_Uncle
I understood almost nothing ...)))

1) addon which Pebbl is a certain demon ... which does not have a graph. interface .. only settings in the regular phone settings menu. The addon can be delivered without Rockwatch, it will be installed .. it just won't work)) more precisely, without the Rockwatch, the notifications that the pebbl forms will not reach the hours ... Rockwatch in this case is just a delivery system.

2) Rockwatch can't do anything except notifying and controlling the player ... ie answer or hang up - alas, no .. maybe someday ...

3) I didn’t experience problems with pairing .. I spliced ​​it once and forgot about it ...

ps - because of the inconvenience, only Rockwatch sometimes freezes and you need to restart it

n e w b i e @ 02.19.2014, 13:43*
Does MetaWatch work with Sowatch out of the box?

I did not feel it myself ... I should go ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/08/19 05:45