> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

11 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Archos Gamepad 2 | Game console
espantajo
Message#1
24.09.13, 11:01
something like this...
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 6501
Check in: 12.02.07
Oneplus 5 6/64

DiscussionARCHOS GamePad 2
Picture-
Description |Discussion | Purchase »| Accessories »| Firmware »|A source of information

Specifications:
Attached Image
  • CPU: 1.6 GHz quad-core CPU and quad-core GPU (quite likely a Rockchip RK3188)
  • RAM: 2GB
  • ROM: 8GB or 16GB flash memory (+ microSD card supporting up to 64GB capacity)
  • Display: 7 ″ IPS capacitive touch-screen display with 1280 x 800 resolution
  • Control: Dual analog sticks, ARCHOS mapping tool
  • Pre-installed games: Asphalt 8, Airborne and Modern Combat 4 by Gameloft
  • Pre-installed applications: Google Apps (Google Play, Google Maps, Google+, YouTube and Gmail)
  • Estimated price: $ 200
  • Pre-sales start: end 2013

Additional Information:

Post has been editedcooler.nvkz - 27.07.15, 04:47
Reason for editing: navigator
Alex_A6
Message#22
05.12.13, 09:45
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 8
Check in: 08.07.09
Sony Xperia Z

mixerx410 @ 12/04/2013, 10:33 PM*
You can merge apk utility for ktopok and stick with the GamePad 2 from Archos.

Attached fileGamePadMappingTool [1] .apk(1.31 MB)

Try it.
dogwatch
Message#23
23.12.13, 14:03
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 29
Check in: 14.06.10
Xiaomi Mi 3

Humble-druml
Message#24
23.12.13, 14:40
Local
[offline]

Messages 310
Check in: 07.09.12
PocketBook A 7 ’’

dogwatch,
Mdja ... Not happy with this review ...: rolleyes:

--------------------
With an experience igromany retired and turned into a maniac reader.
Alex_A6
Message#25
25.12.13, 09:49
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Sony Xperia Z

Humble-Drumble @ 12/23/2013, 3:40 PM*
Opensource projects ... Not happy with this review ...

And what exactly is not happy? A ladder in three-dimensional games? : rolleyes: The same ladder I see on the Xperia Z, and on the TF 700, in the same games.
Only a small amount of internal memory causes real criticism, and the impossibility of transferring embedded games to an external SD card. Although, it is worth paying tribute, Archos quickly responded and sent links to the caches of these games, which can already be transferred. As they (Archos) have stated, all newly supplied tablets will be preloaded with caches that can be transferred. The problem of memory cards above 32GB, which was mentioned in posts above, is solved simply by formatting the card in FAT32.
The tablet has been in my hands for a month now, and it causes only positive emotions, and the Asus TF 700 is gathering dust, and, apparently, will be sold ...

By the way, they will soon be on sale in Moscow.
Humble-druml
Message#26
25.12.13, 14:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 310
Check in: 07.09.12
PocketBook A 7 ’’

Alex_A6,
Naturally, there are no perfect devices.
Plus, the difference of opinions and tastes of each individual user.
But ... if only it didn’t work out as with the first model ñ they released it, and you finish it yourself.
So far, I see that I have no desire to take this device right away.

--------------------
With an experience igromany retired and turned into a maniac reader.
it's
Message#27
30.12.13, 01:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 368
Check in: 01.07.11

Compared to the first version, how does the corps respond to keys and other things? Scratches appear quickly? Is the body itself more branded?
Alex_A6
Message#28
30.12.13, 09:14
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Sony Xperia Z

Compared to the first version, how does the corps respond to keys and other things? Scratches appear quickly? Is the body itself more branded?

I can not say - I did not hold the first version in my hands.
The “glass” of the screen does not have a protective coating - the “test” scratch made it easy, but after a month and a half of everyday dragging, no other scratches appeared in the bag. True, I have order in my bag - there are no keys there :)
The back side of the case is made of matte plastic of two degrees of roughness :) There are no traces on it.
it's
Message#29
30.12.13, 17:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 368

Alex_A6 @ 12/30/2013, 07:14*
I can not say - I did not hold the first version in my hands.
The “glass” of the screen does not have a protective coating - the “test” scratch made it easy, but after a month and a half of everyday dragging, no other scratches appeared in the bag. True, I have order in my bag - there are no keys there :)
The back side of the case is made of matte plastic of two degrees of roughness :) There are no traces on it.

Thank. Then you can still give a chance. : rolleyes:
CrazyIvan32
Message#30
02.01.14, 22:13
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 02.01.14
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Since there has not yet been a post about any modifications of firmware, let's start

root from under Windows is easy (as soon as the USB drivers correctly unzip)

Break this prog herekingoapp

In the usb driver from Google before installing in android_winusb.inf insert the following lines in the section [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64]:

; Archos GP2
% SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_0E79 & PID_5003
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB \ VID_0E79 & PID_5003 & MI_01

After that, put this inf. Firewood in this case is obtained unsigned with clear consequences.

There are more interesting things - the ability to read and write almost all sections (except for the data section) as a flasher.
The firmware mode here is activated by pressing the '+' volume and connecting the usb cable.

Linu stitcherhere.
With it, you can read and write, in particular, / system, making the retrieval of the rights of the root trivial.

It is also possible to transfer / data to an external card - the only sane way to put a lot of games on the tablet, since the built-in App2SD does not allow all games to be transferred (for example, all Chaos Rings), and some (for example, Dead Trigger 1,2) cannot transfer due to some glitches.
This will require the correct unpacker / packer boot.img (the initial one is taken by the flash driver from the boot section)from here.
Unpacked as follows (from the directory with the unpacker, boot.img is assumed to be the directory above):
./imgrepackerrk ../boot.img

At the same time, in the same place where boot.img was, the boot.img.dump directory is created. We go to boot.img.dump / ramdisk.dump and edit init.rc and fstab.rk30board, replace the uncommented lines mtd @ userdata with / dev / block / mmcblk0p1 (you can comment out the old lines).
Packed as follows:
./imgrepackerrk ../boot.img.cfg

After that, you can get the boot.img (in place of the old, the old one is renamed to boot.img.bak by the packer) to sew back into the device, after having preoccupied with a properly marked and formatted memory card.

The recommendations are about the card: create 2 partitions, the first one is basic, formatted in ext4 (required), and the second in fat32, when loading the tablet, it will mount it as an external card.

After loading, the tablet should show the setup wizard, and the size of the internal memory will correspond to the first section of the inserted card.
In theory, if the system update updates the kernel, the tablet will simply boot with the internal / data partition, so the boot.img modification procedure will need to be repeated, but you can install the updates without fear of dying the tablet.
Well, if the card accidentally falls out, then the tablet should be immediately turned off, inserted the card, and then turned on. Nothing bad should happen, ext4 is pretty reliable.
The choice of katrochki should also be considered carefully - the brake card will greatly impair the overall speed of the system, all are now working with it.
But backing up user data is very simple, and in case of something, it’s also easy to pull out.

In the meantime, I am foul up playing my 55 gigs of "internal" memory ...

Attached - modified boot.img

Attached files

Attached fileboot.img(4.86 MB)
alexsnake22
Message#31
08.01.14, 21:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 313
Check in: 02.05.11
Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L29

Question, is WiFi Direct in it?
CrazyIvan32
Message#32
09.01.14, 06:14
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

alexsnake22 @ 01/08/2014, 10:12*
Question, is WiFi Direct in it?

There are, how functional - I do not know, I do not use. Device is looking for properly.
There is even a "wireless projector". Miracast, probably
Alex_A6
Message#33
09.01.14, 09:39
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Sony Xperia Z

CrazyIvan32 @ 01.02.2014, 23:13*
It is also possible to transfer / data to an external card - the only sane way to put a lot of games on the tablet, since the built-in App2SD does not allow all games to be transferred (for example, all Chaos Rings), and some (for example, Dead Trigger 1,2) cannot transfer due to some glitches.

Apparently, you have the same version of the tablet software that I originally had - without the possibility of transferring the game to the card. Now this opportunity is already there, new tablets have come with already installed updates for games and firmware.
Here are the instructions and a link to these updates (2 GB):

"If you need to reset the device, then:
1. download the archive from the FTP server:ftp://support.archos.com/GamePad%202/HDD.rar
2. unzip it to the PC (do not select the device connected to the USB as the unzip path)
3. Locate the folder where the computer is located.
4. Copy all the folders.
5. Open the main settings of the device.>About device>start-up wizard>long press on the power off menu>select the reboot option. "
CrazyIvan32
Message#34
09.01.14, 21:57
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alex_A6 @ 01/09/2014, 10:39*
Apparently, you have the same version of the tablet software that I originally had - without the possibility of transferring the game to the card. Now this opportunity is already there, new tablets have come with already installed updates for games and firmware.

Maybe I should have written "almost all games allow us to transfer, except for some that do not allow this and those on which App2SD is buggy"?
And I saw this instruction, it was intended to restore games that should be pre-installed on the device. But maybe App2SD rules a little.
This is not even the case (although it is unpleasant), some games that download the cache themselves just foul up the emulated internal sd and no App2SD will help, only shamanism with FolderMount (if lucky, the file structure is still that)
it's
Message#35
12.01.14, 14:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 368

Alex_A6 @ 01/09/2014, 07:39*
Here are the instructions and a link to these updates (2 GB):

This is not an update, but simply files that are put on the tablet's SD card at the factory. The firmware itself is here:

http://update.archos.com/10/A70GP2/A70GP2_20131108/update.zip

There are newer firmware, but so far they have not been uploaded to the office. site. :)
P.S. The link does not rush. :)

Post has been editedit's - 12.01.14, 14:10
LEVsha_121
Message#36
21.01.14, 15:08
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 33
Check in: 17.03.08

I bought a tablet for 7000 rubles. Happy as an elephant. Includes only charging and cord for the company (the charger has its own tightly attached cord). The front surface is completely made of glass (or plastic, similar to glass). Games are playing, the Internet is flying. The battery lasted for 6 hours of surfing in the internet + periodically playing at maximum brightness. From the buttons just trudge. For some reason, the manufacturer did not put a release cable in the kit, although all connections work through a third-party cable. The sound from the stereo speakers is quite loud.
it's
Message#37
22.01.14, 16:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 368

Combine topics please:

ARCHOS GamePad 2
Alex_A6
Message#38
23.01.14, 12:57
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Sony Xperia Z

Spaun_Studio
Message#39
23.01.14, 13:14
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1706
Check in: 05.03.09
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime

M
The topic has been moved to the section.Other game consoles
The request of the vehicle to follow the alignment of the topic header to the standards of the new section.

--------------------
Samsung X100 =>Nokia 3230 =>Siemens M75 =>Siemens S75 =>Nokia N73 ME =>Nokia 6720 Classic =>Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo =>Sony Xperia Sola =>Samsung S4 Mini =>Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
CrazyIvan32
Message#40
23.01.14, 22:45
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Impressions from several weeks of use:
The device is heavier and a little more gamepad 1, at first it is unusual, then you get used to it. Can be worn in the same pockets, which got the first.
The screen is good, and compared to the first one - in general a fairy tale, you can use it without bothering about the orientation. Unfortunately, the minimum brightness in my opinion is bolshevat and certainly more than that of the first gamepad.
You can work with the screen sensor even in gloves (fleece rolls, leather ones). An unexpected gift from archos, even on phones is such a rarity now. Parasitic and spontaneous clicks have not yet met.
The buttons are much better than the first gamepad - they are pressed quickly. R2 / L2, in my opinion, is better than it was, but, of course, both options are not very successful by location. The cross is, unfortunately, poorly usable: since the buttons are pressed easily and the form of the cross is concave, it is difficult to press one button, usually 2 adjacent buttons are pressed at once (say, down and to the right when pressing the bottom). Maybe this is a marriage of my copy.
Joysticks are good for their class, but they require development - they can be really tight at first, and they can even stick (cling to, don't understand what, and not return to the center position). Over time, they become quite pliable, but there is a certain minimum shift distance to which nothing happens, so it is difficult to aim precisely, although it is much easier than with previous joysticks.
The overall stability is good - there are no spontaneous reboots, it wakes up regularly. Even the sd card does not fall off, as was the case with gamepad 1.
Archos Mapping Tool works the same way as on the previous device - sometimes it can “forget” the settings for the game, it helps to switch to any application and back, but not always the first time. Sometimes after a while, it spontaneously "remembers" the settings.
The sound has improved significantly. Now he is on average quality level (through headphones). It is possible to connect a headset via bluetooth, but only via a2dp, apt-x no. USB DAC can be connected, but the built-in android does not know how to use it, apparently, you can only use it with special programs (did not try)
it's
Message#41
24.01.14, 02:16
Local
[offline]

Messages 368

CrazyIvan32 @ 01/23/2014, 20:45*
USB DAC can be connected, but the built-in android does not know how to use it, apparently, you can only use it with special programs (did not try)

Well, I do not know, my first immediately ate everything right. At least the players from Arkhos support it as standard.

11 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 00:02