Mobile networks from the inside | [MNO] [technology] how it works

Rep: (3398)

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 25.06.19, 16:46

Rep: (358)
Dear experts, tell me, please:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmV4RcTKA8
1. If the Samsung Galaxy S9 + on the Snapdragon 845 participated in this comparison of the quality of the network reception, would the result (its modem) be better than the Samsung Galaxy S9 + on the Exynos 9810?
2. If the comparison was not carried out on LTE 4G networks, but on 3G networks, would the Samsung Galaxy S9 + result on Exynos 9810 be better than in this test?
Thank.

Post has been editedforeigner4 - 06.07.18, 23:17

Rep: (110)
Do someday, in the beautiful future, USSD implement requests on the 4G network, as is done with SMS? It bothers to switch to the network below to make such requests.

Rep: (204)
* froster_dandy,
Yes, it already works in our network. Discussion is conducted in the branchVoice-over-LTE (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWi-Fi) in Russia

Rep: (35)
Prompt explanations of these network modes. I do not understand this set of letters) you need preferably 3g or only 3g (n, n +)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedDarkAngel666-174 - 31.08.18, 11:40
Reason for editing: Rb4g4h

Rep: (63)
* DarkAngel666-174,
Wcdma only

Rep: (1)
Good day! I do not know whether that topic, correct, if that. Such a question: how will it affect the operation of a 4g smartphone, if it does not support b7, but only b3 for Ukrainian operators (who work at frequencies b3 (1800) and b7 (2600)). Thank.

Rep: (41)
A cherished little letter 4g will be seen less often than on a phone with full support.

Rep: (366)
* antihawk777 I will add a colleague * m_7,
Antihawk777 @ 09/12/18, 22:02*
who work at frequencies b3 (1800) and b7 (2600)

The operator can use only B3 in one city, only B7 in another, and both in the third and in the ranges.
So you need to look at 4G coverage in the places of your stay, 3 options are possible:
1. The phone will not work in 4G
2. there will be no problems with the operation of the phone, except that when switching on the frequency aggregation, you will not have it and the speed will be lower than that of the phones that use B3 and B7 together
3. the phone will work in 4G, it will not

Post has been editedtyphoon13 - 16.09.18, 10:46

Rep: (25)
If the BS combined B3 + B7, then the absence of the B7 phone will not affect in any way. The main coverage, for example, in Tele2 4G is made with a layer B3, in the overloaded areas add B7.

Rep: (366)
If the BS combined B3 + B7, then the absence of the B7 phone will not affect in any way.

Disable the aggregation, which is equivalent to using only one range and the speed will fall every 2

The main coverage, for example, in Tele2 4G is made with a layer B3, in the overloaded areas add B7.

Far from everywhere. There are regions and operators, with a base layer of B20, there are with a base layer on B7, and infrequent injections of B3 + B7 or B7 + B20

typhoon13 @ 08.10.18, 10:39*
Far from everywhere. There are regions and operators, with a base layer of B20, there are with a base layer on B7, and infrequent injections of B3 + B7 or B7 + B20

B3 and B7 support most devices. Regarding the tactics and strategy of Tele2: in my city I discovered a new BS in a distant suburb, where I used to receive one stick, and the signal disappeared when I listened to an online radio station in a car. Tele2 prefers coverage at an average speed of 20/20 Mbit / s. A very dense 4G coating ensures the installation of a BS every 500 meters. In the area there are already places where Megafon has worse reception than Tele2.
With this approach, the "white spots" are gradually filled up and the 1800 or 2600 ranges are largely equalized.

The 800 MHz B20 range is difficult to implement because of the large number of state services in it (spectrum clearing will take years). Also, the aircraft altitude radio meters work around 800 MHz.

Rep: (9)
Typhoon13 @ 8.10.18, 10:39*
There are regions and operators, with a base layer of B20, there are with a base layer on B7, and infrequent injections of B3 + B7 or B7 + B20
There are regions where mostly 3G. 4G in few places

Rep: (5)
Djsilere @ 10/17/18, 0:56*
There are regions where mostly 3G. 4G in few places

Tele2 managed LTE coverage to exceed 3G in several regions. In Samara, there is still no 4G. And I heard something that will go to new regions.

Rep: (0)
Hello! The theoretical question. Can the service provider disable access to the LTE network, using the device's IMEI number? So that this device is not registered in this network, and in the network status was: "No network", or "Network restrictions"?

Rep: (9)
* JIuc27 , not

Rep: (326)
JIuc27 @ 10.24.18, 17:48*
Can the service provider disable access to the LTE network, using the device's IMEI number?

LTE access may not be available if the operator has a separate “4G access” service and it is disabled. Also this can be if the sim card is of the old model (not USIM). The third option is registered incorrect access point (APN), provided that the "access without settings" service is disabled.

* JIuc27, I will add a colleague * yanixxx, who correctly answered your question. More access to 4G will be lost if you disable the service "Mobile Internet". There will be only 2 / 3G. When registering in 4G will give an error. Tested on the MTS and Megaphone.

Posted 10/29/2018 6:13 AM:

* djsilere in most 4G regions. And to adapt to remote areas by the operator is unprofitable. Say thank you, that in general there is a connection.

* yanixxx,
I also remember when Tele2 included 4G in our region (11/27/2015), then 4G-enabled sim cards were not enough. I wrote to the operator in the chat and he manually added the number to the database: rolleyes:

* JIuc27,
I saw a phone that did not have MMS when the service was on. Some menu items in Nokia Windows Phone were missing compared to the similar model from Microsoft, and I could not configure the APN according to the instructions on the operator’s website. That is, it was a flaw in the firmware. And there are "top", but the old versions of mobile, which do not have 4G. Or LTE is not of those ranges (for the USA it is 1,5,8; India 3,5,40; Russia 3,7,20,38. Megaphone has a particularly strong B7 network (2600 MHz). There are (the so-called "gray" ones) 4G phones imported from abroad that do not have support for the necessary frequency bands. Flashing to the international version may not have the effect, because of differences in hardware.

Post has been editedEquius - 31.12.18, 00:48

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 05:57